November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by princeandpuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I could say this was a miracle product for me like basically everyone else on the planet. Unfortunately not the case.
I have sensitive/dry skin and hoped this would help slough off some of the dead dry skin to reveal the luminous beauty I always thought existed just under that dryness. It cleaned my skin but wouldn't say any better than a manual brush and instead revealed a plain old me. Given the price I'd hoped for something life altering like the reviews on the sephora website and here have claimed.

It does come with a satisfaction guarantee so I'll try to return it. I can update as to how their customer service is at a later date.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by scarlattimakeup

1 Month: I purchased the Mia in lavender about one month ago and I'd hate to say it and sound like every other person who gushes about this gadget... its the best purchase I have ever made in my life!
I had been cyber-stalking all of the different Clarisonics for a long time and finally decided to bite the bullet after enduring months of frustration with mild-moderate acne.
I really think this thing cleared my skin, but it wasn't completely love at first use(s). After using it a few times I LOVED how it made my skin feel so CLEAN and FRESH but I developed a few cystic acne bumps that lasted about 1 week. More recently my lips and the area around my lips have been really dry and I'm not sure if that is because of the Clarisonic (even though I don't use it on my lips).
I generally use it with AcneFree or an Olay face wash twice a day.. I will probably edit this in the future to update my experience with it as I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only one word for this product- WOW!  I received as a gift and have been using it for one a half months every night (sensitive brush head) with cetaphil.  Stubborn whiteheads have been cleared, skin feels cleaner and smoother and I use a lesser amount of skincare serums and creams because they glide on so easily.  It's important to keep the brush head clean and dry so I wash and wipe with a towel after every use as well as wash before use. I do not use the cover so the bristles can dry after each use.  Love love love! I received the berry coloured Mia. It's so pretty :)
UPDATE: 22 August 2012
I'm still happy with my Mia :) I've changed to the delicate brush, which came free in the starter pack and I'm much happier with it. The first couple of days felt odd because I could hardly feel it. It was just the transition period from the sensitive to delicate brush. The delicate (blue) is a lot more soothing and gentler. It cleans just as well as the sensitive. I prefer it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful love love LOVE it! brought this a couple of months ago after a lot of internet research and toying with getting the cheaper olay option and boy i'm glad i went the whole way and got this. I use it morning and evening and my skin has never been so clear and fresh, my hyper-pigmentation and old acne scars have disappeared and on the odd times i do get a spot it clears up in like two days when it used to take weeks! i highly highly recommend this its worth every single penny.

only thing i would say is be carefully what cleanser you use with this its worth buying a decent one to reap the full benefits. I started off using a Biore exfoliating cleanser in the morning and a Garnier cream cleanser in the evenings and my skin was beautiful. ive since changed to Simple and Johnsons and its just not as good, i'm definitely switching back as soon as they run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I've been using my Clarisonic Mia for two and a half weeks now so this is an 'early stages' review. I will update this review in another two weeks.
Good things- I do notice that my night cream and my foundation seem to go a lot further than they used to. My night cream absorbs in about 20 minutes now whereas it used to not really absorb at all and I'd wake up feeling a little greasy still. I'm now able to use about 1/3 less of my liquid foundation to get the same level of coverage I previously got (I don't quite get why this is but it just is).
Bad things- CHIMPLES! I've been using the Mia once every second day but I forgot to use it one day so for the last two days I used it both days. BIG MISTAKE. I now have a massive cystic pimple on my chin. It's huge and red and very deep under the skin. Urgh. I also have a couple of black heads and white heads on my chin that have popped up literally overnight. I never usually get pimples or even congested skin on my forehead but I now seem to have 3-4 small bumps up there. Again, these literally appeared overnight. I know from previous reviews that some purging is to be expected. I could have dealt with a white head or two but wtf, this chimple hurts!
I don't get the 'ultra clean' feeling that people talk about. I've used a couple of different cleansers with the Mia but haven't felt that they have got my skin any cleaner than just using them with my hands. Maybe I just haven't found the right cleanser?
Lastly, I am using the sensitive brush but sometimes it feels a bit to rough for my skin. I use a very light tough yet it still feels a bit abrasive. I haven't encountered major redness or skin issues relating to this so maybe I just need to toughen up.
Hopefully in another two weeks I can report that I have glowing, chimple-free skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ariellelh7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so as much as I love this gadget the price and results just don't add up. After using the clarisonic for three weeks my skin is much more even, glowy, and scars have lightened a bit. However, I still get some small clogged pores and I still get flakes ugh. This has def helped with blackheads though. I'm selling it to a friend for less than half the price because she wants one and a cheap washcloth is more suited to my budget and skin type. Another reason I can't justify keeping the Mia is that if I use it everyday my skin gets dry and irritated with little bumps. So keeping this for use a couple times a week just doesn't seem worth it. For someone with thicker skin this could be used everyday I'm thinking. I'll be sad if the even skin tone goes away but $120 for even skin tone just kills me. At least the clarisonic cleaned my pores for three weeks and hopefully makes my skin easier to maintain. If you've got the money to spend or a gift card why not splurge it'll make skin look healthier but for budget pals it's not worth cutting back on some good dinners for cleaner skin
EDIT 4/29/12 I forgot to update this review but I just wanted to say thanks clarisonic for giving me three GIANT bumps under my skin cuz you are a bacteria spreader. my facialist told me other horror stories about the clarisonic and i just would not recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I waited six weeks to write this review and I'm still super excited to recommend the Clarisonic Mia. The amount of makeup I use is declining everyday. At this rate, I will be back to just powder in the summer again. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Overall think the Clarisonic is a great product! Maybe not worth all the hype, but delivers the goods. It's expensive, but it's effective; and that makes all those previous trial and error purchases more infuriating. Just think of the cost of a monthly facial plus quarterly product purchases and consider the price of the Mia is about $10/mo over a year. uh huh.

Specifics:
So I thought the Mia brush heads were spinning, but NOPE - they are gently rapidly vibrating. So my fear of over-exfoliation or irritation went out the door when I felt it in action. Using the Mia is like nudging your skin gently a gazillion times NOT scraping bristles across the surface. It feels very soothing. All that vibration not only works your cleanser in thoroughly and hydrates deeply, but most importantly - it unclogs pores and hair follicles by bringing everything to the surface. So for me, it's like my pores are happily relieving themselves of oil and dirt.

Yes there were a few days of purging, but it was fine. A spray of small bumps that 'turned over' in a day or two.

Instantly, my oil production went down to a reasonable level - one that I haven't seen since my 20s. Seriously, like day one after using the Mia, I only blotted twice all day. After two weeks in, I might blot my nose once a day. And I'm talking a quick press with a paper towel. no powder/makeup reapplying.

The Mia doesn't exactly exfoliate, but my skin is regenerating faster than ever and my scrubs and fade creams are doing their work much quicker. The few blemishes I've gotten since I started using it have appeared and healed in about 48 hours. The acne scars I have are fading fast - visible lightening in about a month. The surface of my skin is smoother, more even, and most pores are smaller.

So a little reality check:
The Mia is a new pricey toy and it feels good and it's quick (the one-minute cycle goes by fast), so that means I've been motivated to use it faithfully - more faithfully than my usual routines. I'll admit that if I used any of my previous products quite this methodically for 6 weeks, I probably would have had better results. But I'm not confident that the results would be this good and definitely not this fast.

The deep clean feel I get from one minute with the Mia every time is so gratifying after years of struggling to balance oil-eliminating toners and astringents with exfoliating scrubs and foamy soaps with hot washcloths and textured puffs. Now I'm just using my favorite products (Aveeno, Ambi, Philosophy) and they're working better than ever.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by victoria2525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this over the weekend and have been using it for about four days and so far I LOVE IT! My face feels really smooth after and I already see a reduction in my pore size. I heard that you'll break out after using this however this has not happened to me. The only thing is that my face is red right after when I use this but it fades after a couple of minutes. I think it's probably because I'm scrubbing too hard. I have combo skin and my nose gets really oily. I find that the Mia removes the excess oil and it helps my moisturizer sink into my skin. The only negative thing that I can think of is that because I have sensitive skin, I find the delicate brush still a bit harsh but I can live with that. Def worth the $160!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by brittclow69

I received this in the mail last night... Used it with my Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash on my face and it really did make my skin feel and look a lot smoother.

Looking forward to using this device! Will followup in a few weeks after continued use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by DivineL

I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for almost 3 months. I bought as a graduation gift to myself. I have suffered with an oily T-zone and blackheads my whole life. I bought this in hopes that my congested pores will diminish. At the time of purchase I was deciding between the Mia and the Mia2. Eventually I went with the Mia because most reviews on it said 1 speed was enough.

When I first used it, I didn't immediately notice an improvement. I would also say the first 3 weeks of using it I was on the fence about it. Finally, I realized there WAS a difference in my skin. It was smoother and cleaner. I came accustomed to using it every night and some mornings. I played around with different cleansers and found I really enjoy using it with a foaming cleanser. I use a few different kinds depending on my need at that moment. I use Clean&Clear sensitive skin wash (basic cleanser), Neutrogena Naturals Purifying facial cleanser (using this everyday can be drying), and Neutrogena Fresh Cleansing + Makeup remover (is more emollient than the other ones) .

As far as my blackheads are concerned, I still have them. They is some improvement but they are still there. My oily T-zone, has diminished however it is the winter months and I wonder if that's a main factor. In the mean time, I will continue to use it and am thinking about trying the deep pore cleansing brush head next. (currently using sensitive brush head)