April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sickstew

you know, i really thought i would love this product. i loved the idea of using an oil, my mom has given me head massages with coconut oil pakistani style since i was a kid and it's good for your hair. i love a heavier product that keeps my curls together in nice ringlets. i have actually had great success using frizz ease for coarse hair.

HOWEVER! this was gross. i was excited to use it, i had just gotten a new hair cut and was stoked to try this cute product with the nice smell, and i was embarassed all day! i wanted to go home and wash it out! it made my hair slick and greasy, and trust me i only used a dime size for my thick, coarse, curly hair, past shoulder length hair. it actually flattened out some of my curls somehow? i am very low maintenance, i just condition, put something nice in my hair and let it air dry. my curls go crazy and i like it. with this product, my hair was flat, not bouncy, weirdly curly, and slick to the touch. i read all the reviews beforehand and really fell in love with it before i tried it heh.

i don't want to use frizz ease but man my hair looks great with it. i would love to switch to something more natural that has less of a generic scent but..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did absolutely nothing for my hair. I have frizzy, dry, medium-length hair and I haven't been able to notice ANY at all in softness or help with frizz. It makes my hair shiny I suppose, but any other cheap oil would do that. It just sits on my frizz and makes the frizz shiny. It did nothing for the dry ends and really there's not much else I can say besides the fact that it did absolutely nothing at all. It's such a waste of money at $39.99+tax CAD for 100ml. And Argan oil is the 4th ingredient on the list. I think it'd be around the same price or pure argan oil which might have slightly better results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My former stylist in Baltimore used Moroccan Oil prooducts on my hair when it first came out, so I thought I'd try the original oil. My hair always came out very soft after he colored it. Good points: It does do what it say it will do. I usually apply a dime-sized amount to towel-dried hair and let it dry naturally. My hair is definitely soft when it's fully dry. Bad points: Have you read the label? Argan oil, the putative miracle worker in this cocktail, is way down the ingredient list. Silicones are the first couple of listings. For $15USD for a teeny tiny 1 oz. bottle of the stuff, I expect argan oil to be higher and silicones to be lower. Plus, for a lower price DHC After-Bath Hair Treatment Emulsion achieves a better result on my hair. Big fat piece of hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This makes hair uuuuuuber soft and shiny. It's nice for whenever you do an occasional blowout. It cuts drying time and adds so much shine and silkiness. But it's definitely not something to use everyday as it can definitely cause build up due to it's silicones that aren't water soluble

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this product. I had heard of so many positive things about it so finally decided to splurge and try some. I have thick, curly, colour treated hair and it is very frizz prone, especially during the humid months. I have been using for about 2 weeks now and it helps a little with the frizz, but doesn't make my hair feel very conditioned. Nor does it do a very good job when using a straightening iron. The packaging is not very good either -it needs a pump. Think I will stick to using my Kerasaste Oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by AshleyMegan00

Great product. Great smell. Does not leave your hair looking too oily even if you accidentally put too much! It is a little pricey...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin damaged hair from a hair perm and 3 colorings done in 1 year. My hair ends are basically splitting and breaking.This product has been doing a marvelous job at making my hair looks shinier and healthier. My hair is also a lot less tangled now. The product bottle is really small and its a little on the expensive side for the quantity offered, but with this product, you only need to use a tiny drop or 2 and its sufficient to make it work, so a small bottle does last a long time. I love the smell too, which is like a nice-smelling aromatherapy-type of smell. The oil does not weigh the hair down and the shine and healthy effect basically last right to the next hairwash (which for me is every 3 days).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by holymell

I have very damaged hair, and I have tried a SLEW of products to help restore it to the point where I am not embarrassed of it.

Okay, where to start....

As I am sure others have mentioned, the Argan oil is like the fourth ingredient. This oil has more DIMETHICONE than it does Argan oil. Dimethicone is a cheap, water insoluble silicone that can be found in just about every cheap drugstore conditioner. This is what is making your hair so smooth and 'healthy.' I'm not a scientist or a hair stylist or anything, but I would think that the Dimethicone would coat the hair before the moroccan oil could even get a chance to enter the strand...I could be wrong, so don't trust my opinion on that.

My results with this have been just okay. I have found conditioners and leave-in treatments that are MUCH easier on the pocketbook that work much better than this does, even though my hair reacts amicably to silicones, this stuff seems to just add a bit of shine, and detangles my hair slightly.

I spent fifteen dollars on less than an ounce of product and yes, a little DOES go a long way, but honestly, I could have spent that fifteen dollars and bought two bottles of my favorite conditioner instead. This works alright, but it's nothing special, certainly not the holy grail of hair products that everyone seems to be alluding to...

I try to use this every few days as the silicones will build up and not allow any other nourishment in. The smell disgusted me at first, and reminded me of incense. Now I love the smell...don't know what that's about. Anyway, I would advise anyone that uses this product to use it sparingly, not every single day, and if you are using other expensive hair products, then make sure that you wash this stuff out (it will take a clarifying shampoo, FYI) before you use those, if you want to reap the benefits of anything else.

Also, dispensation can be difficult, but it's not impossible. Just tip the bottle upside down on your hand and flip it back over. Remove your hand, and what is left on your hand should be sufficient. If not, repeat the process.

I just don't see what's so amazing about this. It's a huge waste of money, in my opinion, mainly because the main ingredients are silicones that you can find in anything at the drug store...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This definatley works! it will repair and restore hair really well and quickly. However i have found that after a while your hair becomes immune to it and it begins to be less effective? But maybe this is just me i am not sure. Also, do not apply too much or your hair will look greasy. Keep away from hair roots otherwise your hair will look dirty. Overall, i am pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by gloomy20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this Moroccan Oil, it really makes my hair softer, healthier and shinier. I really do see a difference since my hair was dry and dull looking with broken ends. My hair is long and I only use a little tiny bit of this oil every time after I wash my hair. If applied too much, it can make your hair oily and heavy otherwise with the right amount, it's just perfect. I have the 3.4 fl.oz bottle for about 4 months now and I only used 1/5 of it so I can say that it will last for a very long time. As for the scent, I like it but don't love it. As for the packaging, I really like it since there's no pomp with it, you can easily control the quantity of product you need. And for the price, omg this product is so so so expensive! 37$CAD! A reasonnable price would be... let's say 20$.... But whatever, I'll buy it again and again when I will finish this bottle (un less I find something better and cheaper) because like I said, it really makes my hair healthier so .. I need it...