MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

This is a great alternative to expensive liquid foundations found at department stores.I'm living in Korea now, but I just starting using MISSHA products six months ago. I've always been a fan of MAC Studio Fix fluid foundation but the price was a bit on the steep side for someone on a budget (wedding plans +new house). Plus the dry winter here made my skin dry and my foundation started looking cakey. I changed to MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream after hearing good reviews. I have to say that for now, I'm very happy with this product for these reasons:

1. The price is very reasonable. Here in Korea it's a little over $10.
2. This product lasts a long time. I've been using the same bottle for over 6 months.
3. The color matches my skin tone well. I'm NC 15 at MAC and a 21 for this product.
4. It has high SPF.
5. It evens out my skin tone and gets rid of some small red acne spots.
6. It provides a medium coverage.

I know this product isn't for everyone. It doesn't provide the most full coverage for people with many breakouts and dark acne scars. However, if you have mild breakouts, some light redness, large pores, and light scars (like me), this product will work. It also doesn't cover my hereditary dark circles. I have to use a concealer.

I use the BB Boomer, then M Perfect Cover, concealer for the under eyes, and a loose powder. Ladies, if you are oily like me in the summer, a finishing powder IS a necessity for this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Bought this off ebay for like $4. I apply with a foundation brush (or sometimes fingers) using 2 pumps and this gives an almost flawless coverage. Covers everything blemishes, darkness under eyes and it doesn't break me out or agitate my sensitive skin! If I apply a primer and tiny bit of powder over the top I get flawless coverage that lasts for ages (even in the sticky climate I live in). I also love the fact that it is spf 40+ and has botanicals and anti-aging properties. I think everyone should try this if they can.

1. Packaging: It comes in a cute 50ml bottle with a nice pump, but be sure to wipe the pump really good before putting the cap on. Sometimes excess products smudges onto the plastic cap.

2. Quality: Its super lightweight, and it doesn't even feel like your wearing makeup at all. Which, you barely are. It kinda sinks into the skin and dissapears after 1 hour, and I have combo oily skin. There are grey undertones some reason but it fades too, after 10 minutes. Sets well with powder. The color range is really small though, there's only 5 shades. I got it in #21 which is a bit light for me. I have fairish medium asian skin, but you know how in Asia the thing is to be super white/pale? Like a good milky white fair colored skin means your high class. So anyways, I tried 21 and 23 on my hand and I thought 23 would be perfect with my skintone but for some reason I got #21-light beige. It looks okay since it's not super full coverage. Some people are stuck in between 2 shades like me, so they buy both colors and mix them. I don't have the patience to do that lol, or the money haha. It has 42 SPF which is really good. It kinda smells like sunscreen though.
It is very moisturizing and doesn't flake off like some foundations do on the dryer areas of my skin ( between eyebrows, cheeks) It does brighten up the complexion after the greyness fades.

3. Price: I got mine at the Korean airport for only 11 U.S. dollars, plus its a full size. I think the usual price is around 30 dollars. Not too bad..

PROS: light, sheer, brightening, healing skin, good for all types, good packaging, price is good if you find it on sale/in korea, can be worn alone if you have dry/normal skin, good for travel
CONS: grey undertones, expensive at full price, have to use powder/blot for oily skin, smells like old lady sunscreen, small range of colors.

Overall, it's a really good product if you're young (I'm 13) and looking for a light coverage or starting out with makeup (I started in January mwahah. ) You still have to blot your face or use powder if you have oily skin like me, though. I would purchase it again!(:

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is incredible. I bought it in shade 13 for 30 dollars on the Missha website, not really knowing what to expect as I'd never tried a bb cream before. I normally use revlon colorstay foundation and love it, but this product blows it out of the water! One small application of this cream covers all red spots perfectly and gives me a perfect complexion. Ordinarily, I have use a color corrector and concealer to give cover imperfections, so you can imagine how surprised I was to see my little bumps and blemishes fade away instantly. I also used it with The Style Art Designing Boomer, and the two products work together beautifully.

I would recommend this product to anyone, however I must warn that the shades can be somewhat unaccomadating for american skin tones. Shade 13 is VERY light and suits me fine, but I also received shade 21 free as a gift and it was a bit gray on my mother (who is relatively tan). Overall, very happy with my purchase.

I tried this without reading any reviews online. I have heard great things regarding BB creams for many years but I did not tried them until now. Why haven't I tried it sooner?! This is my first bb cream and so far I like it very much that I do not put anything else besides a bronzer, mascara, lipstick and at times a bit of eyeshadow and a bit of concealer if I am going somewhere important. I love the fact that I do not need to put on powder and does its job in covering my imperfections.

My only con is that it has paraben and I found that is also comogenic. My skin is oily so I take cautions with paraben or comogenic ingridients since they tend to make my skin feel heavy or making it break out heavily after use. Ironically with this bb cream I do not break out or makes it feel heavy except for the nose part in the end of the day. That is because I cleanse my face thoroughly with sweet almond oil to remove it and then my dessert essence tea tree oil cleanser and ending with an alcohol free toner once I get home. I do not like to have make-up on when I am at home.

My other con but I guess is not that much is that the shade when I applied it it looks a bit darker and gray on my face but once I let it sink in my skin for 20 mins it oxides to my skin tone. One last thing, many people when using bb cream they tend to skip the moisturizer. I do not skip my moisturizer. Instead I applied it 5 to 10 mins before putting on the bb cream. I do this as I am dressing and then put on the bb cream, then comb my hair and put on the accessories or eat food to let it oxide then put on the blush/ bronzer, mascara and finish up with a bright color lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good COVERAGE, made my skin look flawless although it makes me look very CAKEY. It also made me break out within the first month of using it so I had to stop using it. I stopped using it for a while, then started again just to make sure that it was this product, and sure enough, it made me BREAK OUT again. This is very surprising because before I bought it, I went online and looked at reviews and everyone said that this was a very natural coverage that does not make you break out, so of course, I was surprised that this didn't work very well on my skin. Smells like baby powder, something that I didn't mind) but I'm very sad to say that I will not be buying/using this product again, because the concept of this product is actually very good (anti-aging, whitening, lightens blemishes etc.).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So far I'm disappointingly unimpressed with this product. After purchasing the L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream and being fairly impressed with it, I ordered this because I've heard so much about how the Korean BB Creams are so much better than the American ones. I was hoping for something that would feel great on the skin and nourish it while giving me decent coverage. So far I can't seem to get much coverage at all from it (and I don't even have "bad" skin; just a slightly uneven skin tone, no breakouts or scarring) and it makes my skin look dry which emphasizes fine lines. It seems to emphasize my pores as well. The packaging has been a little bit of a PITA too. I ordered the 30ml size which comes in a squeeze tube with no pump. Sometimes when I take the cap off, the product will begin to ooze out of the nozzle very quickly. I've even stuck a pin down the nozzle to clear any air bubbles and it still comes out. I've wasted quite a bit of product because of it. On the positive side, the shade 21 matches my NC15-20 skin perfectly. And I love the fact that it has a high SPF. The price is also very affordable. I'm going to do some experimenting with it and see if I can't get it to work better for me. As of now though, I like the L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream more than I do this one.

ETA: Just wanted to update my review a little bit. I used this BB Cream several more times last summer and fall and could never get it to look right. I recently tried it again and realized I was applying it wrong. Instead of applying it with my fingers like I would a regular foundation in circular blending motions, I dottted it on and then just blended downward, like I would apply a regular face moisturizer. The problem was that I was trying to *blend* it in too much, when BB Creams should really just be smoothed and patted into the skin. This really gave beautiful, even coverage and helped blur my pores. I was so happy to have discovered the "right" way to use this, when I realized after a few days that it was causing breakouts on my chin. By mid day I would always have a few small pustules on my chin which for me is always a sign of a reaction to a product; it's not so much a clogged pore type of breakout. However, I can now see how beautiful this BB Cream can look so I've raised my rating to 4. My skin can sometimes just be picky about things, and something that caused a reaction at one point in time might not do the same thing several months later. So I'm going to keep it on hand and give it a try again later. For now, I'm loving Too Faced's BB Cream and Skin79's Orange BB Cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

this product is just not for me. i wish it was cuz it gives great coverage. my skin looks flawless and dewey with just a little application. it covers all my blemishes and makes my pores smaller. unfortunately, it breaks me out. and i never break out before! i've been pretty lucky to have a skin that only gets a pimple once a month. a week or two after using this my skin started getting oily, pores getting larger, and pimples started started popping everywhere. first just small ones then big yucky ones. Now I'm dealing with all the blemishes left behind and need more coverage than ever. This doesn't stop me though from finding the right bb cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

You can't pick up a women's magazine without beauty editors extolling the virtues of blemish balms (or beauty balms; who knows what they're actually called?) and I love trying all the latest products so I had to check this out. I did a lot of research on-line and saw solid reviews for Missha and ordered mine on Amazon. I purchased the 21 shade (bright beige). For reference, I have fair skin with very golden undertones; I always look like I'm just slightly tan.

My skin is really oily and I don't get horrible breakouts, but I do get clogged pores and those little white bumps (not milia, but the kind you can only see when your face is in a certain light), especially on my jaw line. I just wish my skin tone was more even and radiant looking so I thought this would be a good product.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it! The product does cover very well and you don't need a lot to get a really flawless finish. I always set with Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, pop on a little blush, sometimes some under-eye concealer (but I don't think that's really necessary as the coverage is good with this) and I look great! I really am impressed with how well this covers and makes my skin look flawless.

It DOES have a strong smell, as others mentioned. Quite perfumey, and it definitely lingers; I can smell it all day. It doesn't particularly bother me, but I wish it was lighter. Not sure if it has skin benefits long-term, but my skin has looked quite nice since wearing this, so maybe those claims are true! Overall, great product and I will repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As a newcomer to BB creams, I've been using this product much more often than expected -- above all as a daily summer sunscreen. It looks darker than my NC15-ish skin but ended up matching pretty well, and is of more spreadable consistency than Missha's Cho Bo Yang BB cream -- odd given CBY's lower SPF. My one personal gripe is that, as someone who transitioned to mineral makeup years ago, I don't much like smearing product over my face, period. That fact makes this the perfect summer product, since sun protection is a must. I don't love Perfect Cover so much, though, that I'd also wear it on sunless days.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products