November 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by blushers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had already heard of their HD foundation, but I didn't know about the powder until I watched it on QVC one night. It does what it claims to do. Currently, I'm using it over l'oreal visible lift foundation (you can see my review for that), so you don't have to use the MUFE foundation. I use a generic kabuki brush, and I'm satisfied with my results, so you may not have to buy the expensive kabuki brush. Remember, a little goes a long way. If it ends up looking whitish or caked on then you have used too much. It makes my skin look poreless and non-oily, while still not looking too matte or dry like other loose and compact powders have done. This is the effect it gives in daylight, so just imagine what it would like over a candlelight dinner! It lasts the whole day, so I don't have to worry about carrying it around for touchups! Also, I love the way it makes my skin texture feel velvety soft and smooth. I can definitely tell by touch where I do and don't have it on my skin. It hasn't made me break out either, which is good news for my acne-prone, sensitive skin. I'm going to stock up on a few extra jars, in case they end up discontinuing this one. Love it, love it, love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's very fine..it's translucent and very light. But beware, because too much of this can make medium warm skintone ashy.
I swapped mine...I regret it. I end up buying one again. I guess this is the best finishing powder for me...I though it was the BE Mineral Veil (gentler on my skin but makes my face look pinkish). I'll settle for Microfinish for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought a sample size of this from sephora for $15 to round out an order I was making. When I got it, I was irritated that the small pot cost that much, so I tossed it in my makeup drawer and basically forgot about it for about 2 months. I noticed it last week when it was muggy and smokin' hot here, I decided I'd give it a try and see what the "hype" was about. I used just a TINY bit on a fluffy brush and swept it over my BE MMU..WOWWWWW, it instantly blurred the look of my pores and took made my BE not look so shiny. I was hooked! You really do need only the tiniest little bit...whatever you think you'll need for your face, do HALF of that amount. It kept my face from getting oily/shiny for over 8 hours and it really did seem to smooth out my complexion. It gives such a beautiful airbrushed finish to my skin that I will absolutely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by CrayolaActually

This is my HG setting powder. You only need very little product to cover your entire face and this works best with a synthetic kabuki. I use the HD kabuki that goes along with this powder and it's fantastic. It keeps my makeup on for hours on end, and I also use this to set my concealer and eyeshadow/eyeliner with a fluffy blending brush. This powder is great, and is translucent so it does not alter the way my makeup looks. If this is making you have a "ghostly" appearance like some have said, maybe you're using too much product, or not using the right brush?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by shimmering_firefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do love this powder. With or without foundation. It gives a nice even finish and it doesn't change the color of your foundation. It looks paper white, but you only need a tiny bit. You can apply it as needed throughout the day. I do own the HD foundation as well and I love that even more because of the packaging. I find with the powder's packaging, when I travel too much comes out the top, so It would be good to keep the container upright at all times. But it is a fab-u-lous product.

;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jammingbandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was considering buying this powder when my salesman at Sephora gave me a sample to try. I am glad I didn't buy this because I don't understand the hype. No matter how hard and how long I buffed, it gave me a ghostly appearance, even though it claims to go on translucent on every color skin (I am have medium, asian skin). It appeared really chalky and in pictures gave me a very zombie-like appearance and did nothing to make my skin seem "flawess" like it claims.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Addismax

What is this supposed to do? It did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe I was already in high definition?

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by JR81

Love, love, love this stuff. I use it to set my concealer as well as a finishing powder over my mineral makeup. It does keep my concealer on all day, even under my eyes, and it also creates a soft focus effect over the entire face as a setting powder. It is very fine and light on the face as well as translucent. It keeps my very oily skin mostly matte for the majority of the day. By days end, I have a slight dewy appearance. I will continue to repurchase as long as this product is around.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never knew about this product until a good friend recommended it, singing its praises. So I caved and bought a box even though I still had 3 pots of loose powder in my stash to use.

What I like: It really does keep my oily/combination skin very matte. It doesn't break me out. It also doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Best of all, it does have a sort of blurring, soft focus effect on my face which is great for minimising my enormous pores.

What I hate: the packaging. Everytime you open the lid, a huge cloud of powder will puff out. I have to hold my breath to avoid breathing it in. I also didn't know how to use it initially and used a regular kabuki brush. It didn't pick up enough product so my face stayed oily. Wondered what I was doing wrong and decided to use a velvet powder puff instead to smooth it on and then use the kabuki to buff it out. That worked great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Nelu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had lots of trouble setting my concealer... And the thing was that I didn't want to have a powder in my eye area that would dry it... or that would make my fine lines be noticed more.... But after trying out other powders such as mineral veil I think I'm going to stick to this.... even if it's quite pricy... But not only did my concealer stay put the whole day but my complete face was super silky super poreless and just great!!!! I think i've found what i've been looking for