October 23, 2014 | 1891 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's very fine..it's translucent and very light. But beware, because too much of this can make medium warm skintone ashy.
I swapped mine...I regret it. I end up buying one again. I guess this is the best finishing powder for me...I though it was the BE Mineral Veil (gentler on my skin but makes my face look pinkish). I'll settle for Microfinish for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought a sample size of this from sephora for $15 to round out an order I was making. When I got it, I was irritated that the small pot cost that much, so I tossed it in my makeup drawer and basically forgot about it for about 2 months. I noticed it last week when it was muggy and smokin' hot here, I decided I'd give it a try and see what the "hype" was about. I used just a TINY bit on a fluffy brush and swept it over my BE MMU..WOWWWWW, it instantly blurred the look of my pores and took made my BE not look so shiny. I was hooked! You really do need only the tiniest little bit...whatever you think you'll need for your face, do HALF of that amount. It kept my face from getting oily/shiny for over 8 hours and it really did seem to smooth out my complexion. It gives such a beautiful airbrushed finish to my skin that I will absolutely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by CrayolaActually

This is my HG setting powder. You only need very little product to cover your entire face and this works best with a synthetic kabuki. I use the HD kabuki that goes along with this powder and it's fantastic. It keeps my makeup on for hours on end, and I also use this to set my concealer and eyeshadow/eyeliner with a fluffy blending brush. This powder is great, and is translucent so it does not alter the way my makeup looks. If this is making you have a "ghostly" appearance like some have said, maybe you're using too much product, or not using the right brush?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by shimmering_firefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do love this powder. With or without foundation. It gives a nice even finish and it doesn't change the color of your foundation. It looks paper white, but you only need a tiny bit. You can apply it as needed throughout the day. I do own the HD foundation as well and I love that even more because of the packaging. I find with the powder's packaging, when I travel too much comes out the top, so It would be good to keep the container upright at all times. But it is a fab-u-lous product.

;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jammingbandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was considering buying this powder when my salesman at Sephora gave me a sample to try. I am glad I didn't buy this because I don't understand the hype. No matter how hard and how long I buffed, it gave me a ghostly appearance, even though it claims to go on translucent on every color skin (I am have medium, asian skin). It appeared really chalky and in pictures gave me a very zombie-like appearance and did nothing to make my skin seem "flawess" like it claims.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Addismax

What is this supposed to do? It did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe I was already in high definition?

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by JR81

Love, love, love this stuff. I use it to set my concealer as well as a finishing powder over my mineral makeup. It does keep my concealer on all day, even under my eyes, and it also creates a soft focus effect over the entire face as a setting powder. It is very fine and light on the face as well as translucent. It keeps my very oily skin mostly matte for the majority of the day. By days end, I have a slight dewy appearance. I will continue to repurchase as long as this product is around.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never knew about this product until a good friend recommended it, singing its praises. So I caved and bought a box even though I still had 3 pots of loose powder in my stash to use.

What I like: It really does keep my oily/combination skin very matte. It doesn't break me out. It also doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Best of all, it does have a sort of blurring, soft focus effect on my face which is great for minimising my enormous pores.

What I hate: the packaging. Everytime you open the lid, a huge cloud of powder will puff out. I have to hold my breath to avoid breathing it in. I also didn't know how to use it initially and used a regular kabuki brush. It didn't pick up enough product so my face stayed oily. Wondered what I was doing wrong and decided to use a velvet powder puff instead to smooth it on and then use the kabuki to buff it out. That worked great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Nelu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had lots of trouble setting my concealer... And the thing was that I didn't want to have a powder in my eye area that would dry it... or that would make my fine lines be noticed more.... But after trying out other powders such as mineral veil I think I'm going to stick to this.... even if it's quite pricy... But not only did my concealer stay put the whole day but my complete face was super silky super poreless and just great!!!! I think i've found what i've been looking for

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by fabs162

I bought this because I needed a finishing powder to replace my BE mineral veil. I found it hard to pay $30 for a finishing powder but after reading the reviews I decided to buy it. I was afraid of this powder because even though it's advertised as "colorless" alot of people were saying it showed up white in pictures and left a white cast on their face. after applying it (a little goes a long way) I took pictures in both natural lighting and artificial lighting and my face did not have a white cast but it did seem like my skin imperfections had been erased! It looked great! The reason I bought this though was not for pictures but rather for controlling shine. I have a really oily t zone and my mineral veil and and everyday minerals finishing powder did not seem to be able to keep the shine away. After applying this I did notice the semi-matte soft focus finish I was looking for, it also kept my face shine free the whole day so I was really happy. I would reccomend this for people with oily combination skin it does give you a nice matte glow, and since you need so little a will last you a long time.