October 1, 2014 | 1080 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by shimmering_firefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do love this powder. With or without foundation. It gives a nice even finish and it doesn't change the color of your foundation. It looks paper white, but you only need a tiny bit. You can apply it as needed throughout the day. I do own the HD foundation as well and I love that even more because of the packaging. I find with the powder's packaging, when I travel too much comes out the top, so It would be good to keep the container upright at all times. But it is a fab-u-lous product.

;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jammingbandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was considering buying this powder when my salesman at Sephora gave me a sample to try. I am glad I didn't buy this because I don't understand the hype. No matter how hard and how long I buffed, it gave me a ghostly appearance, even though it claims to go on translucent on every color skin (I am have medium, asian skin). It appeared really chalky and in pictures gave me a very zombie-like appearance and did nothing to make my skin seem "flawess" like it claims.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Addismax

What is this supposed to do? It did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe I was already in high definition?

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by JR81

Love, love, love this stuff. I use it to set my concealer as well as a finishing powder over my mineral makeup. It does keep my concealer on all day, even under my eyes, and it also creates a soft focus effect over the entire face as a setting powder. It is very fine and light on the face as well as translucent. It keeps my very oily skin mostly matte for the majority of the day. By days end, I have a slight dewy appearance. I will continue to repurchase as long as this product is around.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never knew about this product until a good friend recommended it, singing its praises. So I caved and bought a box even though I still had 3 pots of loose powder in my stash to use.

What I like: It really does keep my oily/combination skin very matte. It doesn't break me out. It also doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Best of all, it does have a sort of blurring, soft focus effect on my face which is great for minimising my enormous pores.

What I hate: the packaging. Everytime you open the lid, a huge cloud of powder will puff out. I have to hold my breath to avoid breathing it in. I also didn't know how to use it initially and used a regular kabuki brush. It didn't pick up enough product so my face stayed oily. Wondered what I was doing wrong and decided to use a velvet powder puff instead to smooth it on and then use the kabuki to buff it out. That worked great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Nelu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had lots of trouble setting my concealer... And the thing was that I didn't want to have a powder in my eye area that would dry it... or that would make my fine lines be noticed more.... But after trying out other powders such as mineral veil I think I'm going to stick to this.... even if it's quite pricy... But not only did my concealer stay put the whole day but my complete face was super silky super poreless and just great!!!! I think i've found what i've been looking for

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by fabs162

I bought this because I needed a finishing powder to replace my BE mineral veil. I found it hard to pay $30 for a finishing powder but after reading the reviews I decided to buy it. I was afraid of this powder because even though it's advertised as "colorless" alot of people were saying it showed up white in pictures and left a white cast on their face. after applying it (a little goes a long way) I took pictures in both natural lighting and artificial lighting and my face did not have a white cast but it did seem like my skin imperfections had been erased! It looked great! The reason I bought this though was not for pictures but rather for controlling shine. I have a really oily t zone and my mineral veil and and everyday minerals finishing powder did not seem to be able to keep the shine away. After applying this I did notice the semi-matte soft focus finish I was looking for, it also kept my face shine free the whole day so I was really happy. I would reccomend this for people with oily combination skin it does give you a nice matte glow, and since you need so little a will last you a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

This powder is seriously over-hyped. Unless you have super, super oily skin, this blank-matte, ashy, chalky stuff will sit on you face with a deathly pallor. Sure, it's really finely milled - meaning every time you open the jar a huge cloud will disperse into the air. No matter how light a hand you have with no matter how excellent the brush, it's just ghostly. Yes, it will airbrush your pores, at the price of leaving you looking like a zombie.

Does look great in photos, tho - if you're seeking to appear as a cast member from Twilight. Not street makeup for anyone but those truly cursed with a fountain of oil. And then only if you happen to be a vampire-wanna-be.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I just bought the travel size (0.17 oz.) because I was disappointed with this powder. The texture is very silky and it did make my face feel silky but it made my complexion look dry and made my skin flaws stand out even though it claims to soften the appearance of flaws. The consistency reminds me of powdered sugar and I accidentally inhaled it a few times. It goes everywhere when you apply it. There is nothing HD about this powder. It is just 100% silica powder which you can get on sites like Coastal Scents for $4. I have decided to continue using my trusty baby powder to set my make-up which I consider my holy grail of all setting powder concoctions I've tried. I don't know why I fall for marketing gimmicks like HD this, HD that....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jasonsbride09

You know it's a great product when your husband and dad compliment your face both on separate occasions with this being the only new thing you've added to your daily routine. On the first day I tried it I was so happy to come home from a long day at work and for my husband to say..."Wow, you look so pretty, so glowing! I was of course hesitant to purchase a $30 silica powder but I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try b/c of Sephora's amazing return policy. I also purchased the $39 (ouch!) kabuki brush to use with the powder. I am currently using Make Up For Ever UV Prime SPF 50, Diorskin Forever Compact (applied with a brush) and then the HD finishing powder. For everyone that says a little goes a long way it does so I'm sure the full size will last quite a while so that is one way to justify the $30 price tag. Overall I am so so happy with this purchase. I'm still getting use to applying the right amount of powder but I've only been using it for a week. Also, so far no break outs and I notice that my making up is looking fresh though out the day and the powder is helping my oily t-zone (I live in a hot humid environment so this is a big plus). The only thing I have use to compare the hd powder to is Bare Minerals Mineral Veil which just didn't do a thing for me. The BM Mineral Veil also seemed to make my skin smell a little different after a couple of hours of wear (it must be the minerals reacting with my skin or something like that). The MUFE hd powder is just the perfect fit for me. No strange smell, great oil control and a smooth flawless finish.