Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.7

100% silica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After all the reviews on MUA, i decided to give it a try. This product is decent, it's not great, not bad either, definitely not worth the price. I like how it mattifies my skin for a long time. Is this suppose to be a translucent powder? because this stuff leaves a WHITE CAST on my face when i take pictures. But in person, it looks fine. It does make my skin feel super soft.. but i don't think it's worth the white cast on my face. It also makes my nose a little itchy when i put it on .. i don't know why. Oh well.. but i will NOT be repurchasing again.. NARS loose powder is 10000x better : ).

Quality wise, it's a great prouct. It mattifies the skin withoutt making it look flat. It defuses lines and flaws well. Nice translucent powder.
But it's highly comparable to ELF's SIX DOLLAR HD Powder which I love. It's just as long lasting and gives very similar results.

I guess if you're one of those people who love make up for the label, then go ahead and pay for something that's so expensive when you could buy something at the cost of the MUFE's tax cost. XD

Love MUFE in general, but you can't beat 6 bucks!

I considered purchasing the generic silica micropheres from bulk sellers, but I decided against it. It's important to make sure that the products you use on your face are pure. When you buy a product at a lower price point, it's possible someone took a shortcut somewhere or used a questionable source to make the price affordable. Since I had read some negative comments about the quality of the bulk sellers' product, I thought it would be safer to stick with a company that has produced makeup for years.

That being said, I'm happy enough with the effect of the product to not be too upset about the extensive mark-up price. A lot of the finishing powders I have tried that get rid of shine (Mineral Veil, LM) have broken me out. This one hasn't and it really works without making my face tight or itchy.

I think you have to use the right makeup brush for this to work. I first used what I believe is a blush brush and then, a tiny kabuki brush that came with Sephora's free BE foundation offer. In both cases, my face became quite oily and shiny. I didn't have success with this powder until I used my Clinique brush with it and really dusted the product into my face.

if you're break-out prone and react poorly to powders with talc or corn starch, this may be a good one to try.

Does not compare to my Cle De Peau loose powder.

This stuff is great as a finishing powder. It gives a soft focus on the face with just a little amount. Also, it is so finely milled and it gives a SUPER soft feel to the touch. I love this on top of my Nars Sheer Glow foundation. :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I had a sample of it before and back then it was just okay... I think I was using the wrong brush. I used the Too Faced retractable "teddy bear hair... or whatever" brush. It was a nice brush but not right for this powder. Well at least IME... I bought the Sephora bronzer brush, the one I've been wanting forever, and it worked great with it! The jar will probably last me forever... I only needed a little to set my foundation and my pores look invisible. I'm wearing it with MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation. And it really does work with any skintone. Color reference: I'm a DDD (NW45/C7). I would repurchase if I ever run out. One jar will last years at least... This is a HG powder for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I gave this a try since its a best seller product at sephora but it just didn't work for me. I tried it over my MUFE HD foundation...I used just a little, applying with a kabuki brush but it just make my face look so flat and dimensionless. It also leaves a white cast on my face no matter how little I tried to use. I notice that you loose so much powder when you open up the jar, and when you swirl your brush in the cap b/c the powder is so fine that it just flies up into the air easily. Considering how small the jar is for the price, I wouldn't want to loose a spec of the powder. In the end, I had to return the powder...maybe it wouldn't cast a white shadow on someone with fairer skin than my summer NC40 skin....

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Finally bit the bullet and bought this. Love the product but I go through it so fast I wish it was cheaper. I think I will buy the silica from Coastal Scents next time and use my MUFE container....my clients won't know the difference :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am not crazy about the packaging, its too small for my NARS Botan kabuki brush, but I still use it, I just pour some out onto a dish and use it this way, like for my foundation/ concelear. But the finishing is great, it gives a balance tone, look, and coverage. Also, this powder leaves my skin smooth and silky, I will definitely get this product again if it is out, I have it for 4 months and still has more than half. Money well spend

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This powder does everything you need a powder to do...sets your makeup, keeps you oil free, smooths everything out and lasts your entire day. I like to put some in the cap and swirl a kabuki brush in it a la bare minerals. The only negative thing I can say about this is getting the last little bit of powder out when it's towards the end is difficult.

Video Reviews & Tutorials