April 18, 2014 | 1503 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by hissy

I don't get the hype. It did do an okay job at controlling oil, but I think my MAC Blot Powder does a better job at a fraction of the cost and without the mess. Personally, I don't think I would spend that much again. I didn't get that "soft focus" everyone talks about. I dunno, maybe it only works with MUFE foundations? Wouldn't buy again because it is too expensive and doesn't work, at least not on my skin. (For reference, I am NC30, combination skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is GREAT. I was a huge fan of MAC Blot Powder (still am), but decided to give this a shot when Sephora started selling a $15 travel size. This sets my makeup (tinted moisturizer, concealer and cream foundation in spots) for the entire day with little to no oil breakthrough and a nice soft-focus finish. It doesn't require a ton of product and it's easily to apply it lightly enough to avoid a caked-on look. Since I use so little of it, I expect that this will last for a long time. I would definitely repurchase this or a similar product. If you're leery of the high price tag, get the travel size. It has enough powder to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Amieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great setting powder!
I hate using pigmented powders to set my foundation because i feel they are too thick, and make me cakey, and feels like I'm wearing a mask.
But this is perfect! It sets the foundation so it wont budge, and also controls oils for a little while. This powder does not make me cakey and its not "mask-like", it is such a fine powder. It is perfect i love it!

Also it lasts FOREVER!!!! I have had this powder for almost a year and a half! And its not even half done, and i use it daily.
The only con of this product is the packaging. It is okay when it just sits on your makeup table, but when you travel... BEWARE!!! You will open this and a BIG dust cloud will come out, and the powder will be everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMtz

After months and months of reading raves about this product, I finally caved (with the help of the Sephora sale) and bought it. Since my skin is very oily, I constantly battle with blotting tissues and oxidizing foundation, but this powder has kept me fairly shine-free and my makeup doesn't slide off or change color.
I use a very light hand with a fluffy powder brush, with very little product. Also, I must advise to keep the little sticker on the sifter, so you won't lose a lot of powder in the long run.
P.S. I did try the cheaper alternatives before buying this, but they didn't do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by MissAWWS

Overall, a very impressive product. The fine powder gave me smooth looking and feeling skin. Even though it said translucent, it is best to wear a foundation or a colour correction base underneath it, or you'll look a bit paler. Since the powder is extremely light, so it is usually messy when using this product. The powder is everywhere and makes you feel like you are losing the product. I use mine with the Lancome mineral powder brush, and it's been amazing so far. Love the product, would definitely buy again. I also recommended this product to some friends and they seem to like it. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jaann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder because I was unsatisfied with the Aveda one that I had. I wanted something more finely milled that would actually set my foundation and not make it look worse. This product fit the bill perfectly.

After two weeks, this has not caused any break outs so far and I don't think it will. I will update this review if that ever proves to be untrue. I buff on just a little bit over my T-zone and cheeks; it's perfect and it lasts. Some other reviewers mentioned that because it is so fine, it can be messy to deal with (powder flying everywhere), but it has not been the case for me. Maybe a very small puff of powder flies out sometimes, but that does not bother me and I don't accidentally blow on it. No mess here.

All in all, a good product for me.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I bought the travel jar of this at Sephora (5 grams) and have been using it for a few months now, and there is still a TON of this stuff left. A little sure goes a long way. I can't imagine anyone using up a whole container of the full size version. The pros are that this stuff really does work for me. I have combo/oily skin that usually requires some touchups throughout the day and with this powder, it seems to control my oil and I only have to touch up once (using Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed powder). The product is a very finely milled white powder, and thus can be messy. I only have one whole exposed in the sifter jar, and tap some of it into the lid of the jar, swirl my kabuki brush into the powder and buff it onto my skin. It does not leave any white cast, and again, a little goes a long way. Too much will give you a white cast, despite it supposedly being transluscent. Be sure to buff this in well, and you will get great results. It does not change the colour of my foundation, and it really does give me the flawless look that I want. I won't purchase this again, as I don't see myself running out anytime soon. When I do, I'm sure there will be other similar products on the market, at a fraction of the cost.

UPDATE:
I found better results when applying this UNDER my foundation as opposed to on top. I cleanse my face, apply my toner, anti-wrinkle creams/serums, AND moisturize, then buff a thin layer of this on top. This not only blurs my lines and pores, but creates a great smooth base for both powder and liquid foundation. After foundation, I proceed with the rest of my routine and finish off with whichever powder I want. I no longer use this as a setting powder anymore. I still get great oil control, plus a primer in one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by sudali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this powder. I think it's better than Mac's Prep & Prime translucent powder & better than Laura Mercier's translucent powder. I'm so sad I didn't start using this a long time ago! I like that it doesn't change the color of my foundation. It makes my skin look flawless! I tend not to wear powder usually because I like that glowy look my Georgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation gives me but whenever I want a matte look, this is my go to powder. I've also tried Bare Minerals & Laura Mercier mineral powder & MUFE is way better!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sparklyfishtails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just don't understand why one would use this product...

It didn't make me look "airbrushed" at all. In fact, it actually made my foundation look WORSE. I'm super pale (as in people ask me if I'm part albino, no joke), and this product made me look much much paler, even when used sparingly.

It also reminds me a bit of powdered sugar, seeing as I have inhaled it accidentally severally times. Which, of course, led me to have a spastic coughing fit, which messed up my eye make up.

Bad buy. I was disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

This powder is so hyped and at first I was so dissappointed in it. All you ever here about this powder is how it makes pores disappear, doesn't sink into fine lines, and gives the perfect semi-matte/soft focus finish. It does do these things it really is an awesome settting powder quite possibly my favourite ever but there are a few tricks to using it. IMO you cannot and should not apply this like a normal powder. MUFE actually sells a little velvetey puff especially for applying this but as with everything MUFE it is obnoxiously priced. So I got this home broke out my big fluffy brush and applied all over expecting miracles. Meh was all I got plus a little cakiness and a whitish cast and I am a PPP so I can't imagine how ghostly this would make others look. So I used this a couple of times a week for a few months neither loving it or hating it until I saw a youtube video that taught me how to apply it. Now to make this work you need a very very very small amount. And instead of a fluffy brush you should use a puff (not a fluffy one) or a flat top brush and press/buff it into your skin. The results are amazing!! After I figured out how to use it the only cons I can think of are the ridiculous price and the packaging that lets out huge amounts of product and is wasteful imo. A locking sifter would be an easy fix. Also this really isn't great with oil control but I don't think it's formulated to be a serious oil control powder. When I bought this it was the only silica setting powder that I knew of. Since then both coastal scents and elf have come out with similar products (yes it really does last that long I've been working on the same small jar for well over a year now). When I say I would buy this again I mean silica powder, if there weren't much less expensive options now available I would drfinitely shell out for the MUFE version again. But since there are cheaper options now I think I'm going to save myself a few bucks if I ever finish off the pot I have in the next decade or so!