October 25, 2014 | 1098 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is available in Canada at SDM. I only saw the original version which I bought for about $8 cdn. For me personally, my second day hair gets super greasy and oily which is really nasty. I found that using this really helped with the oils. It made my hair feel lighter, and less greasy. It almost gives the look that you just washed your hair, but obviously it is not a replacement for actually washing your hair. I also have sensative skin all over, including my scalp and I am please to say that my head did not itch or feel irritated from using this. Also the original spray scent isn't over powering or too strong which is a good thing. However, if you spray too much and don't comb it out properly it will show up dusty/chalky on dark hair. Make sure too thoroughly comb it out after your spray. Overall, its a good dry shampoo that isn't too expensive and gets the job done, but I give it a 4/5 because I don't find it amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in blush, and its reallyy nice, it works really well and leaves my hair refreshed and oil free. The only problem I have with his is that it shows up on my black hair, so I'm going to try the brunette one soon, other then that, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also ran out of this and decided to try tresemme. What a horrible mistake that was. Batiste dry shampoo is amazing - it doesn't leave a feeling that there is anything in your hair, and when brushed out is not at all noticeable. I'm also in love with the tropical version as it smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by k_styler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I came across this dry shampoo while on holiday in England. I believe I paid around 2 pounds! I have ash highlighted blonde hair with brunette roots. I have tried a Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo for blondes and found that the spray left the blonde coloured powder in my hair line and even in my ears! I was excited to find this product available in Canada. Batiste is good and the price is even better. After you spray around the hair line and around that area you do need to let the product sit in your hair for 30 seconds. Then fluff up your hair to add volume, and brush any of the powder left into your hair. I have tried the Blush scent and the Tropical scent and enjoyed both. My hair was volumized and felt and smelt fresh for second day hair! The only draw back is that the product is on the chalkier side. I have had no problems with the nozzle clogging on me. Overall, it's pretty good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

I loved this. It was my first experience with dry shampoos. I really like it. In Canada it is sold at Zellers, Zehrs, Shoppers Drug Mart and probably Walmart, around $7. I tried Rockaholic dry shampoo recently it was very expensive and was gone after just a few sprays!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this dry shampoo!!! I run out of it and got Tresamme instead, cos I heard so many good review about it....
But to be honest I already miss my batiste...for me it gives better results, lasts longer...and the smell is ok(I prefer original, as when your hair are not too fresh you don't want to have a mixture of not-so-fresh-hair smell with a coconut smell or powder smell...). I expected Tresemme to smell really good, but it smells like an ordinary hair spray...which is ok.may be Im just weird.LLLOOOVE my batiste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd like to thank the person who invented this ingenous product, then also belledujournyc on YT who reviewed and raved about it.

Never used a dry shampoo before but am about halfway through the can. It's packaged well, priced very reasonably (just look for it at specialty beauty supply stores or online for deals) and does a fantastic job of keeping my hair looking and feeling good in between washes. I have a super oily scalp so one day is enough time for major buildup, especially in the summer. This product cleans the oils quickly, smells great (got the original scent) and leaves my hair with more volume than I normally get after just washing my hair. I couldn't live without this product and am so glad I tried it. It's HG.

Haven't tried the more expensive brands: there's countless of them now at Sephora and beauty boutiques but am not interested. Batiste is the bargain dry shampoo that does it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!! This product works GREAT. I've tried Ojon...didn't like it. Tried various powders...didn't do a thing. I have very fine, curly hair...oily skin. I'm not one of these girls who wake up looking "cutely tousled". I'm a wreck..lol. I'm trying not to wash my hair everyday. #1 to preserve/prolong color that I spend a lot on, #2 to save on my spendy Purelogy shampoo/conditioner, #3 was told by multiple hairdressers that my scalp wouldn't produce as much oil if I didn't wash everyday..but I HATE oily head smell and greasy hair look/feel. Since using this product, I can easily pull off not washing my hair for a day and look great..even 2 days but 3 is pushing it but might be able to get away with it. It takes out any oily looking spots and smell. Right now, I have this in original and not too crazy about the scent...smells "grandma-ish" but not too bad. I want to try tropical next. Just use it lightly otherwise it can cast a powdery look...not a good look if you have dark hair. I don't think anyone wants to look like "Nana" lol. Update: of all the scents...tropical is definitely the best. If you want to spend the extra $. Klorane is absolutely fantastic (great performance/fresh, soft scent...no chemical smell).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sugarysugarcake

The short story is that the product works exactly as described and as I had hoped it would. I like it very much. The long version of my review follows...

I'm on my second can of this product and here's my story:

I have wavy-ish medium length dark blonde totally virgin hair. I can't go more than one day without shampooing; greasy, nasty, smelly hair. I know it's bad to wash every day but...greasy, nasty, smelly hair and all...

I read about this product on a relatively new hair blog that I like very much (hdofblog.com for those interested).

I'm not thrilled with the list of ingredients:
Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Propane, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride

Butane? Distearyablahblahblahlongword? I'm uncertain of the toxicity of these chemicals.

But!

It works. It worked really, really well for me.

My process is this:
I shake, shake, shake the can and spray in short bursts a few inches away from my scalp. I try to hit the actual roots by parting a section then spraying in the part. It does get white/grayish. I let it sit for a minute or two then rub with my fingertips and brush out a little. After the rubbing/brushing, there is no visible white/gray residue.

It has consistently yielded silky, delicious smelling hair with the appearance of having been freshly shampooed and styled. To put it into perspective, here is a scenario from today. Yesterday, I washed my hair then blow dried and flat ironed it straight. I slept on said styled hair and this morning enjoyed a rather rigorous boot camp class. Now, this class was held outdoors in the heat and sun of late July. It was approximately 90 minutes of crossfit/strengh/cardio/core exercise ending with a bit of inspired yoga. To say that I was damp with sweat would be a gross understatement. After the class, I took a shower but did not shampoo. The boot camp-affected hair was, not surprisingly, greasy, nasty, and quite smelly. After a few shots with the hair dryer (just to eliminate any residual "dampness"), I followed the above procedure. The style remains void of any greasiness, nastiness, or funky scalp smells.

I should also mention that I've tried Lulu Organics Hair Powder and the Treseme dry shampoo. The Lulu Hair Powder was not enough to help with second day hair but is a valuable asset in other avenues such as creating a little volume and texture. Treseme...ooh la no. Disgusting results.

The Batiste Original scent is a somewhat artificial lemony fragrance. It's not horrible or wonderful. I cannot comment on the Blush scent as of yet.

The can is rather small for the price (I paid 6.99 USD at my local beauty supply store). The first one I purchased lasted about four weeks with conservative use. Eh.

All in all, I highly recommend the Batiste Dry Shampoo.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried. Lately I have been trying to not wash my hair everyday or every other day. My hair gets oily the third day between washing, so I thought that trying a dry shampoo would help. It does get all of the oil out. So it serves it purpose. My only con is that it seems like it will run out fast. I've only used it once but it seems like there is a good bit of product gone. I will update how many uses I get out of it once I use the whole bottle up. But it is cheap, so I will buy it again.