November 23, 2014 | 2073 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great product. I know I could probably get the same effect with talc powder and some body spray but this is just convenience in a can.
I take it on all trips with me, I have it on my drawers.
I like to wear my hair down a lot but don't want to damage it by washing it too much. This is great for in between washes to freshen up your hair.
Ladies with dark hair, you can also get this in brown and black so it doesn't show up!
Have been continuing to repurchase in all different fragrances. I particularly like the tropical and diva fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by nursenow28

I really like this product. The trick is that you have to use it correctly. The instructions say to apply to hair from about 30cms away, rub into the hair and scalp and then brush out. It leaves my hair feeling clean and fresh, and smells great. I would however only recommend using it once and then to wash hair the next day otherwise the product will just build up in your hair. Overall, I feel the product does what its says it will do, smells great, and can prolong washing your hair that extra day before you have to wash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product because I saw it at Sally's at the counter when I was checking out and I asked the lady if she liked it and if it worked good. She said it was amazing and gushed about it.. So I had to get it of course.. The first time using it, it turned my hair all white and I guess I sprayed too much so I gave it more chances and sprayed lighter and further away. It just always smelled too strong of powder and if I touched my hair I could always feel the residue on my fingers.

I like the Salon Grafix dry shampoo 100x's better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by des80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried and I loved it, couldn't shut up about it actually. But when my Sallys raised the price I thought I would protest by trying different brands. Well they all sucked! Either they didn't do anything but add product to my hair or my hair became a greasy mess by night time. If I use Batiste my hair just never gets greasy. I have waited as long as three days later and my hair looks like I just blew it out. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG dry shampoo! I've tried Oscar Blandi, Ojon, and a couple others and Batiste wins! The key is to get a light spray so it doesn't look powdery (especially on darker hair). But once you master the technique, you'll love it! I think this is a must for everyone's hair product stash but especially for people who have color-treated hair and don't want their color to fade quickly. I used to wash my thin, fine, oily, color-treated hair religiously because it would look so greasy by the end of the day! My hair would get particularly dirty when using shampoos for color treated hair because they aren't as clarifying. But, thanks to Batiste, I'm writing this review on day 3 of unwashed hair. My hair looks clean and doesn't have that dirty feel or smell to it. Another benefit is that Batiste adds volume to fine hair. The only two drawbacks I can think of to this product are the scent and the price. I've tried the Blush and the Original scent (which are the only two I can find) and I slightly prefer the Blush scent only because it doesn't smell quite as chemical-y as the Original. If Batiste ever made an unscented version, I would be completely over the moon! I also think the price is okay, but I would be happier if it were a couple dollars cheaper because it's not a "fancy" product by any means. I would also be happier if it came in a larger size at its current price point.

And maybe this is in the category of "over-sharing," but, I've discovered that Batiste kills small roaches. Apparently, the powder spray suffocates them. Gross, but hey, I'll take it.

So there you have it: clean hair, dead roaches. A multi-tasking miracle in a can.

71 out of 72 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is available in Canada at SDM. I only saw the original version which I bought for about $8 cdn. For me personally, my second day hair gets super greasy and oily which is really nasty. I found that using this really helped with the oils. It made my hair feel lighter, and less greasy. It almost gives the look that you just washed your hair, but obviously it is not a replacement for actually washing your hair. I also have sensative skin all over, including my scalp and I am please to say that my head did not itch or feel irritated from using this. Also the original spray scent isn't over powering or too strong which is a good thing. However, if you spray too much and don't comb it out properly it will show up dusty/chalky on dark hair. Make sure too thoroughly comb it out after your spray. Overall, its a good dry shampoo that isn't too expensive and gets the job done, but I give it a 4/5 because I don't find it amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in blush, and its reallyy nice, it works really well and leaves my hair refreshed and oil free. The only problem I have with his is that it shows up on my black hair, so I'm going to try the brunette one soon, other then that, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also ran out of this and decided to try tresemme. What a horrible mistake that was. Batiste dry shampoo is amazing - it doesn't leave a feeling that there is anything in your hair, and when brushed out is not at all noticeable. I'm also in love with the tropical version as it smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by k_styler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I came across this dry shampoo while on holiday in England. I believe I paid around 2 pounds! I have ash highlighted blonde hair with brunette roots. I have tried a Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo for blondes and found that the spray left the blonde coloured powder in my hair line and even in my ears! I was excited to find this product available in Canada. Batiste is good and the price is even better. After you spray around the hair line and around that area you do need to let the product sit in your hair for 30 seconds. Then fluff up your hair to add volume, and brush any of the powder left into your hair. I have tried the Blush scent and the Tropical scent and enjoyed both. My hair was volumized and felt and smelt fresh for second day hair! The only draw back is that the product is on the chalkier side. I have had no problems with the nozzle clogging on me. Overall, it's pretty good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

I loved this. It was my first experience with dry shampoos. I really like it. In Canada it is sold at Zellers, Zehrs, Shoppers Drug Mart and probably Walmart, around $7. I tried Rockaholic dry shampoo recently it was very expensive and was gone after just a few sprays!!!!