September 1, 2014 | 2011 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by saigon1093

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on sale and I have heard so many good things about it. But I did not find it did anything for my hair. I would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by runkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried all the high end products for second day hair and this is the best. I'm a busy brunette with VERY FINE, THIN hair and I run 4+ hours a week before work. I don't have the time or inclination to wash and style my hair every day!

The secret to really being able to use a dry shampoo that no one ever tells you: highlights! If you really want to get away with 2nd, 3rd or in my case, 5th day hair you have to get highlights. For one, this hides the whitening of the powder, for another it roughs up the hair and the more damaged, the more parched and the more the hair uses the excel oil at the scalp.

My method: after a run, I jump in the shower, then blow dry my hair. I comb my hair to distribute the oil down the hair shaft. Then I straighten my hair with an iron. At this point I look like a homeless person and often worry this will be the time my "technique" will fail me and I'll have to do an emergency wash.... I then spray Batiste on at the root. I do my make up for 10-15 mins while it soaks in. Then I use a good brush to distribute the Batiste throughout. Boom! Instant transformation.

I touch up as needed and now it's gotten to the point that I have trained my hair well enough to go 4-5 days between washings and it actually looks best days 2 and 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great! I've only been able to find it in the blush scent & unfortunately I HATE THE SMELL! But the product does a good enough job that i'll get it again. Gr8 for the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by stickbugs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great dry shampoo for soaking up oil between washes. I have the Original. I love the smell and how easy it goes on, and it really does work. I have black hair. It goes on white, but that goes away once you rub it in. However, even after I brush it out, I still see little white powder specks in my hair. Also, you really have to give it a good shake before spraying it on. I wish I could find the coloured version of this in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by amomentwhite

This is a miracle product created by the hair gods for girls just like me who are looking for a quick fix between shampoos. For years I washed my hair everyday without fail but after hearing how damaging that can be I have since reduced to only two washes per week. Having done so has significantly improved the health of my hair and could not have been possible without this product. I have shoulder length chemically treated blonde hair that I am trying desperately to grow out. Each morning that I do not wash my hair I spray a small amount around my hair line and throw my hair up in a high messy bun. This product also conceals my re-growth which is a huge plus and gives my hair a lot of great volume. Absolutely thrilled with this product in both the Original & Blush varieties, only wish they would bring out a larger size as I do go through about a can a month. Otherwise, fabulous product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

How I use this product: On the second day I spray this at greasy looking spots near my roots, leave it there for a few minutes while I do my makeup, and then brush it out. It is sometimes difficult because I tease my hair and so I can't run the brush through smoothly; I have to sort of wiggle/massage the teeth of the brush until the whiteness of the shampoo disappears.
Alternatively you can use this at the end of the first day (before you sleep) to prevent your hair from getting greasy, instead of using it to remove the oiliness.

* PROS
- My hair definitely looked and felt a lot less greasy and more presentable. Of course it's not the same as actually washing your hair with shampoo, but this helps preserve my styled hair for another day.
- Wide range of scents. There's supposed to be 5, but in Australia they only have Original, Blush (pink) and Tropical (yellow). I bought Tropical because I LOVE coconut/beachy scented hair products (like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo and David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray. :).
- Not quite sure if this helped achieve any volume. I mean it probably did slightly, but certainly you're not going to get the same amount of volume as with styling or backcombing. It's barely noticeable, if any.

* CONS
- I have dark brown hair, and when first sprayed on this made my hair white/grey. Luckily it fades after brushing it out, but if you miss a spot you would look like you were aging prematurely. If I were to repurchase, I would try the coloured versions they have for Black and Brunette. Unfortunately those don't come with the same scents, because I really like my Tropical.
- Batiste is cheaper than Klorane and all those other dry shampoo brands. But IMO, it is still expensive for the tiny amount of product you get! The mini can (30g) is $5 AUD and the large(r) can is $10. Plus this gets used up pretty fast. Regular shampoo is nowhere near as expensive! Because of this I am forced to use it sparingly.
- The aerosol sprays out very forcefully and the area is quite concentrated. Be sure to hold it a good distance away from your head and avoid your face!
- There is a 'I have product in my hair' feeling afterwards, but it doesn't bother me since I have hairspray in my hair every day anyway.
- EDIT: After using this for a bit longer, it leaves white flaky residue even AFTER I wash my hair, which could be mistaken for dandruff.

EDIT: Bought the coloured Brunette version and it is way better! If you have black/brown hair I would recommend getting the coloured ones. I hated how the regular one left me with grey roots.

- - -
PRICE [3] $4 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [yes]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I had such high hopes for this dry shampoo based on the reviews and a friend's recommendation, but it just didn't work for me. It barely makes my hair look better, and the effect only lasts a few hours at most. It definitely doesn't get me through a workday. But, what put the nail in the coffin is when my hairdresser commented that I have greyish powdery and faded-looking patches in my (brown) hair. And this was after she had just washed my hair, so washing didn't even get rid of the residue! I hadn't even used it in the preceding week or two, just the morning of my haircut, so it's not like it built up over time from too much use. No thanks, this is going in the trash asap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by somethingforsam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I have the tropical one. I'm on my 3rd bottle and I have a backup lying around. I think I love this product for it's smell than it's actual use, because I don't see a huge difference. I've come to understand theres nothing you can do to really greasy/oily hair than to wash it. But I love how gives your hair coconutty fragrance. I hate that the product runs out so quickly, but thats inevitable considering I use it 3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jetstar

This stuff is just awesome. Everyone should have one in there handbag. I use it at night massaged into the root brush out in the morning and my hair still looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Szvetlana

I just bought the new one with Gold Shimmer and got fantastic results! The shimmer is sublte (not tacky) the smell is gorgeous! I tried the Diva and Original before and although I got good results at the gease field I didn't like the smell, it was just too strong and somewhat old-fashioned for me. But this one doesn't smell strong, really really lovely! I soo happy I've find it!!!