April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in the tropical version which smells like coconut. I like this as I have quite dry, coarse hair which only looks soft and moisturised if I don't wash it for at least 3 days. Unfortunately, by the 3rd day, it's also getting a bit oily so this enables me to keep the overall soft look of my hair while hiding the obvious oily roots. I've used this up to 3 days in a row to keep the oily roots away and it works fine. The biggest drawback is that it leaves a fair bit of powdery residue which needs to be shaken or tousled out. The dry effect it leaves on my hair will only last a day at most (maybe it fades a bit earlier but I never really bother to check) so it's very temporary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this at Sallys for under 5.00. I really like the Pink can more than the Green! the pink can is called Blush and the Green can is called Original! I really like that it does work and does make my hair smell good and it does take away most oil if done correctly!
I do mine at night and leave it on for acouple of mins to at the most one hour.Then i Brush it out with a natural boar bristle brush! Then in the morning if i think i still have oily hair then i repeat the same process! I give it 3 lippies only because it does if you do it too often it leaves your hair powdery and sometimes hard like you have hairspray!
Yes i will buy this product again but not use it as often once at night and not in the morning!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, this is the best dry shampoo I've tried thus far. I have dark, long, fine (but thick--lots of it) hair: the ends are dry, but my bangs and part get limp after a day, so dry shampoo has been a nice discovery.

Klorane lasted a bit longer on my hair and had a more subtle fragrance, but it also left more grey behind, and it's more than twice the price of Batiste. As for others I've tried, it was impossible to apply enough Jonathan Green Rootine, and either the powder or the brush made my scalp itch. The Pssst can leaked.

The fragrance in Batiste original is somewhat strong but relatively neutral and disappears quickly. It does a decent job with volume and an excellent job of taking the greasies out of my bangs and around my part. So far, I've had no problems whatsoever with the can.

And the price is right at Sally's Beauty Supply.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by noinoi

Works ok. Nasty strong smell, cheap in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros- mattifies my oily roots, cheap, easily accessible
Cons- an old lady's scent, strong scent- must use in a well ventilated area, leaves a white residue (I have black hair), might have been a cause of breakouts on my forehead

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Louisamay

I would buy this over and over again! Its the best dry shampoo ive ever used! Ofcourse its not as good as actually washing your hair, but it comes very close.
I do get very greasey hair so i end up washing my hair once a day, which probably isnt very good for my hair. After a spray of this the day after washing my hair it looks lovley and clean again.
I have the one thats in "blush" scent. It smells gorgeous. I love not washing my hair so i can smell my dry shampoo :P
It looks kind of scary when you spray it on (very white) But after massaging it in you can hardly see it anymore.
Would reccomend to all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 6:57:00 AM More reviews by hayles1105

What a fab product! I put off buying this as I didn't believe that it would work! I was completely wrong...it does work and it works really really well. I have highlighted hair which I have to wash every day. I now wash it every other day and use Batiste in between washes...it gives me volume and makes my hair look a nice colour! I'm not a fan of the smell (original) but it fades and the packaging is a bit old-fashioned but who cares as the product works so well. I'm going to go out and buy my sisters the shampoo! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been alternating Psssssst and Oscar Blandi dry shampoo (powder not spray) OB is kind of messy but it lasts a lot longer than Psssssst for me.

While I still love Psssssst if I had a choice I would pick Batiste! It gives my hair more volume than the other 2 and it smells better.

OB dry shampoo powder-little messier, lemon-y smell, more for your money
Psssssst-works ok but doesn't last as long as I would like, cheaper than Batiste
Batiste-smells good, works very well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! =) I have naturally curly hair, so be4 i blowdry my hair I put a good amount of products in it to keep it nice and straight, but my hair gets so greasy and oily at the roots after like 2 days! I dont like to blow dry my hair either so when I do I want it to last a long time. I bought this a Sally's the Blush version. And It worked amazing! I just spray it at my roots and a lil all over and my hair is greasy ne more! like magic...The Blush one has a deodorant kinda smell like those spray deodorants from Secret lol. But it goes away and I dont mind it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was SO excited when I saw this at SDM! It was 10$ CDN, SO i figured that's reasonable. I have SUPER curly hair, but I straighten it-- and because that's so damaging I wanted something to prolong the life of my blow-dry, and this works fairly well! The only problem is..I can't see this ever working for curly haired gals, because you have to brush it out! Also, I have black hair, so It takes some vigorous brush strokes to make sure the white powder is all gone! Scent is super strong, it's a weird fake lemony-powdery scent, but It doesn't really linger so I'm not bothered by it! Probably better suited for lighter, straight hair, but gets the job done!