October 31, 2014 | 1731 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by des80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried and I loved it, couldn't shut up about it actually. But when my Sallys raised the price I thought I would protest by trying different brands. Well they all sucked! Either they didn't do anything but add product to my hair or my hair became a greasy mess by night time. If I use Batiste my hair just never gets greasy. I have waited as long as three days later and my hair looks like I just blew it out. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG dry shampoo! I've tried Oscar Blandi, Ojon, and a couple others and Batiste wins! The key is to get a light spray so it doesn't look powdery (especially on darker hair). But once you master the technique, you'll love it! I think this is a must for everyone's hair product stash but especially for people who have color-treated hair and don't want their color to fade quickly. I used to wash my thin, fine, oily, color-treated hair religiously because it would look so greasy by the end of the day! My hair would get particularly dirty when using shampoos for color treated hair because they aren't as clarifying. But, thanks to Batiste, I'm writing this review on day 3 of unwashed hair. My hair looks clean and doesn't have that dirty feel or smell to it. Another benefit is that Batiste adds volume to fine hair. The only two drawbacks I can think of to this product are the scent and the price. I've tried the Blush and the Original scent (which are the only two I can find) and I slightly prefer the Blush scent only because it doesn't smell quite as chemical-y as the Original. If Batiste ever made an unscented version, I would be completely over the moon! I also think the price is okay, but I would be happier if it were a couple dollars cheaper because it's not a "fancy" product by any means. I would also be happier if it came in a larger size at its current price point.

And maybe this is in the category of "over-sharing," but, I've discovered that Batiste kills small roaches. Apparently, the powder spray suffocates them. Gross, but hey, I'll take it.

So there you have it: clean hair, dead roaches. A multi-tasking miracle in a can.

71 out of 72 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is available in Canada at SDM. I only saw the original version which I bought for about $8 cdn. For me personally, my second day hair gets super greasy and oily which is really nasty. I found that using this really helped with the oils. It made my hair feel lighter, and less greasy. It almost gives the look that you just washed your hair, but obviously it is not a replacement for actually washing your hair. I also have sensative skin all over, including my scalp and I am please to say that my head did not itch or feel irritated from using this. Also the original spray scent isn't over powering or too strong which is a good thing. However, if you spray too much and don't comb it out properly it will show up dusty/chalky on dark hair. Make sure too thoroughly comb it out after your spray. Overall, its a good dry shampoo that isn't too expensive and gets the job done, but I give it a 4/5 because I don't find it amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in blush, and its reallyy nice, it works really well and leaves my hair refreshed and oil free. The only problem I have with his is that it shows up on my black hair, so I'm going to try the brunette one soon, other then that, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also ran out of this and decided to try tresemme. What a horrible mistake that was. Batiste dry shampoo is amazing - it doesn't leave a feeling that there is anything in your hair, and when brushed out is not at all noticeable. I'm also in love with the tropical version as it smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by k_styler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I came across this dry shampoo while on holiday in England. I believe I paid around 2 pounds! I have ash highlighted blonde hair with brunette roots. I have tried a Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo for blondes and found that the spray left the blonde coloured powder in my hair line and even in my ears! I was excited to find this product available in Canada. Batiste is good and the price is even better. After you spray around the hair line and around that area you do need to let the product sit in your hair for 30 seconds. Then fluff up your hair to add volume, and brush any of the powder left into your hair. I have tried the Blush scent and the Tropical scent and enjoyed both. My hair was volumized and felt and smelt fresh for second day hair! The only draw back is that the product is on the chalkier side. I have had no problems with the nozzle clogging on me. Overall, it's pretty good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

I loved this. It was my first experience with dry shampoos. I really like it. In Canada it is sold at Zellers, Zehrs, Shoppers Drug Mart and probably Walmart, around $7. I tried Rockaholic dry shampoo recently it was very expensive and was gone after just a few sprays!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this dry shampoo!!! I run out of it and got Tresamme instead, cos I heard so many good review about it....
But to be honest I already miss my batiste...for me it gives better results, lasts longer...and the smell is ok(I prefer original, as when your hair are not too fresh you don't want to have a mixture of not-so-fresh-hair smell with a coconut smell or powder smell...). I expected Tresemme to smell really good, but it smells like an ordinary hair spray...which is ok.may be Im just weird.LLLOOOVE my batiste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd like to thank the person who invented this ingenous product, then also belledujournyc on YT who reviewed and raved about it.

Never used a dry shampoo before but am about halfway through the can. It's packaged well, priced very reasonably (just look for it at specialty beauty supply stores or online for deals) and does a fantastic job of keeping my hair looking and feeling good in between washes. I have a super oily scalp so one day is enough time for major buildup, especially in the summer. This product cleans the oils quickly, smells great (got the original scent) and leaves my hair with more volume than I normally get after just washing my hair. I couldn't live without this product and am so glad I tried it. It's HG.

Haven't tried the more expensive brands: there's countless of them now at Sephora and beauty boutiques but am not interested. Batiste is the bargain dry shampoo that does it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!! This product works GREAT. I've tried Ojon...didn't like it. Tried various powders...didn't do a thing. I have very fine, curly hair...oily skin. I'm not one of these girls who wake up looking "cutely tousled". I'm a wreck..lol. I'm trying not to wash my hair everyday. #1 to preserve/prolong color that I spend a lot on, #2 to save on my spendy Purelogy shampoo/conditioner, #3 was told by multiple hairdressers that my scalp wouldn't produce as much oil if I didn't wash everyday..but I HATE oily head smell and greasy hair look/feel. Since using this product, I can easily pull off not washing my hair for a day and look great..even 2 days but 3 is pushing it but might be able to get away with it. It takes out any oily looking spots and smell. Right now, I have this in original and not too crazy about the scent...smells "grandma-ish" but not too bad. I want to try tropical next. Just use it lightly otherwise it can cast a powdery look...not a good look if you have dark hair. I don't think anyone wants to look like "Nana" lol. Update: of all the scents...tropical is definitely the best. If you want to spend the extra $. Klorane is absolutely fantastic (great performance/fresh, soft scent...no chemical smell).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No