April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Albatross is an AMAZING highlighter! It's a shimmering white color that flashes gold, and it looks amazing on my pale yellowish/olive PPP skin. I also find that it's extremely handy for toning down overzealous applications of blush, and it looks beautiful when swiped across the lid as a shadow. It's comparable to a less shiny version of MAC's nylon shadow. There's a lot of product, so I imagine it'll take me quite a while to get through it. But I would repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by karensanford

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this product. I have been on a quest to find the perfect all-purpose highlighter, and based on reviews this seemed like a winner.

The main problems I had: I couldn't see it on. When I finally put enough on that I could see it, it looked sort of yellow and hideous. It also tended to "group" itself rather than stay dispersed across my face. So basically I had patches of yellow. Not really attractive! Also--this is nothing new, but it settled in my "smile lines" near my eyes, making them stand out just a bit more. Not sure if one exists that doesn't do that, but that alone probably wouldn't be enough for me to keep this product. I took it back to Sephora and traded for a Copacabana that I'm playing with now.

I can see this working OK as an eyeshadow base or accent...also, it seems to work for a lot of other people. So two lippies. But it's just not a winner for me.

For reference, I am fair with pink undertones, rosy cheeks, very pink lips, light blue eyes, dark brown hair. Dry to medium skin, and I used the product over Bare Minerals foundation and mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is almost exactly the same as MAC's Vanilla Pigment. MAC is loose powder in a little container and sometimes I tend to spill it, so I much prefer the NARS compact. I think MAC has a more pinkish undertone, and NARS has more of a yellow undertone. I find that I like NARS Albatross better - it seemed to me that I needed more of the MAC pigment to achieve the same effect as Albatross. This really brightens up your face and gives you that special glow. You can use it anywhere you need a little shimmer (lips, eyes, cheeks, shoulders, etc.). Overall, this is a great multi-use product and it's a pretty flattering shade so I think nearly every skin color (including dark ones) can wear this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty, pretty albatross--in the pan. I was expecting a dewey glow of the angels from this sheer, shimmery white/gold highlighter, but I couldn't really even notice this when I put it on lightly, and when I put it on heavily enough to notice, I looked like some sort of unrealistic goldy skinned android. If you typically use matte blushes and powders, this might work better, but all my blushes have their own self-contained shimmer and I often like to use setting powder with a hint of shimmer to it (usually by adding eye shadow or fyrinnae's shimmer powder to matter powder). I did try this on bare skin (NC25) and still wasn't impressed by anything, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

I love NARS in general, particularly their blushes, which we all know are highly-pigmented. Crazed is my latest favorite which is ridiculously easy to over-do. In comes Albatross. It's finely milled, light shimmer that works for day, erases my over-blushing and makes my eyes look more awake. I can't imagine having to buy another one for a long time, but if I ever lose mine, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ameyls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a duo with the Lovejoy blush and had no intention of using it. Still, since it came with the blush, I thought I'd give it a try.

OH MY GOD.

This stuff is incredible. It gives my skin a dewey, airbrushed look without looking too overdone. For work, I like to sweep just a little bit of Albatross from the top point of my cheekbone up to my temples. It makes my face look perfectly contoured. For going out, I like to sweep it over my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin for an all-over airbrushed look. It's like I have my own personal candlelight dinner following me around all night. I can't imagine that I'll run out of this any time soon, as it only takes a tiny bit to get the effect, but I will definitely be buying more when I do!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i got this together with the orgasm blush. at first, i have no intention of liking this one. it just so happened that the single orgasm blush is sold out from a store so i got the one with the albatross. this is soooo perfect!!! i love the way it brighten my eyes and my whole face! i can use it everywhere. the nars assistant told me to brush it in the middle of my forehead, bridge of my nose, cheekbones, jaw lines. i thought he was crazy but WOW!!! PERFECT!!! i cant believe how this one makes me look blooming and beautiful.. i cannot describe how much i love this and my orgasm blush. i hope they will never get tired of making this because if ever they stop doing or selling this, im gonna die!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually try to wait atleast 2 weeks before I review something, just to make sure that the review is accurate.. but, it's been one week & I just adore this stuff way too much to wait! I've tried soo many different highlighters, and have constantly had problems getting it to actually show up, or showing up too much & being too glittery/shimmery. After trying this I was soo amazed at how perfect it makes my skin look. It's an off white with gold undertones, and it's absolutely beautiful on the skin. I apply it everywhere I can, and apply a light bronzer over top of it (WNW Acapulco Glow), because it is a white highlighter, and if you use too much, you can look like a ghost, but that's almost hard to do. I apply it lightly over my blush, which helps a ton, especially if I've over applied my blush.. It makes my skin look like it's been airbrushed from a magazine, and I can't even count the compliments I've gotten since using it. This stuff is my HG highlighter, and I pray they never d/c it, I will die.. It's pricey, but def worth it. A must have. Will be buying again & again, even though it will be lasting me forever. For reference, I apply it with my Accent brush made by EOB.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by retrorunway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt really like it. I thought it made me look washed out instead of brighter. this was has orgasm with it and i love that. Want to try laguna/orgasm as i need to try the bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a nice highlighter. i got it as a duo w/ torrid. it goes well w/ every blush and even by itself.