July 26, 2014 | 1613 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by christine94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask is fantastic. I discovered it through reviews here. I mixed it with organic apple vinegar cider (ACV), jojoba oil, olive oil, vitamin E skin oil, and rosemary; what a pleasant scent. I usually have very sensitive skin. It was so soothing. I left it on for about 10 minutes because it was my first time. I will definately extend it to 15 - 20 mins the next time. My face feels really soft and has a pleasant glow. My face feels clean and refreshed. I purchased this at Whole Foods on the makeup aisle. The tub was $7. It will probably last me the rest of my life. A little goes a long way. This is definately my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by beckiebarnett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I am acne prone with black heads and oily skin. I am also 28 and very hormonal. This stuff takes the cake. I learned to steam my face for ten minutes or so after washing with my LUSH COALFACE. I then use the mask with a little warm water in my mortar and pestle and mix. Keep on for 30 mins and wash with warm water then rub the rest off with a face towel. You will get every black head and clogged white head ever. I mean my face is super clear and has completely recovered from my MAC episode that just about made me a leper and scared to leave the house.
Try it. Sold at whole foods and the vitamin shoppe.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 9:07:00 AM More reviews by joflo723

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I have combo skin and over the past year, horrible breakouts. This is the first thing I've used that actually seems to be working. After I wash, I mix w/ apple cider vinegar to a paste consistency. Apply to face (I only apply to jawline and cheeks...forehead and nose are drier), wait 20 min and rinse off with cool water. After the redness is gone (about 30 min) I apply Differin gel. By the next morning, any blemishes are dried out. This is when I use a good moisturizer with salicylic acid. Things are starting to look better for my skin finally!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by sll74

this is a great product. i found out about it here after searching for a good clay mask. other brands can be so disappointing and expensive!! i like the fact that you mix a fresh batch use before using it and can tinker with the consistency that best suits you. once applied you can "feel" it working. the guy at whole foods suggested i steep some rosemary to mix with the powder. it's really a flexible clay mask. i used the recommended apple cider vinegar since i already had it. the rinse off isn't too bad although i would suggest using paper towels so you don't ruin your towels. my skin feels better and less congested if that makes sense. i think if i stick to using this once or twice a week, along with other good skincare habits i'll be in good shape. as others have said you can buy this at whole foods for about $7 and you get several masks out of it....give it a try. i think you'll be pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by omgwoah_x3

Okay, I LOVE this! Right after immediate use my skin is just so much more soft AND any blemishes are smaller. =D This even works on those, "just won't go away" blemishes, after a few spot treatments my cystic acne went away! HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

I bought this from Ebay so it was just a little bit more expensive for me. I have used this twice now and my skin has improved so much.
I as suffering from breakouts due to hormonal changes and perhaps over indujging due to the holidays. I saw the rave reviews for this mask and thought that I should give it a go. The tub is huge and will last for ages. I cannot get ACV so had to mix it with just a little water. Just as others have described, I can really feel this working and my face PULSATING!!! as it dries. After washing away I have noticed a great improvement in my overall complexion. This stuff is great and I am so glad that I bought it. better than those expensive masks that claim to unclogg pores...this stuff works. Will def. purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product based on all the great reviews I read on this site. I've been using the product for three weeks, and have been very happy. I have acne prone skin, with an oily T-zone, but rosacea, too. The pores in my T-zone are very large. This mask makes my face very smooth, and actually minimizes my pores. I haven't had any breakouts since using the mask; I don't know if that's coincidence or the mask working. I use it every third day. I've tried mixing it with both water and apple cider vineager. The mask dissolves much better in the apple cider vineager, and I prefer a thin consistency, and don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes. If I let it get to the pulsating point, it's been on too long, and it leaves my face red and blotchy. UPDATE: This product has just become too drying with continued use. I've tried leaving it on for shorter durations and I can no longer tolerate it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by sarascissorhands

For a long time I've had some DEEP acne under my skin that nothing would help but after using this mask a few times I can tell a huge difference when I touch my skin; all of it has either dissapeared or been minimized. It definitely cleans your pores out, even the deep stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by tiredfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here I went out and bought this at my local health food store. I'd been desperately trying to find a purifying mask that did not contain sulfur, since my skin had suddenly become completely intolerant to it. What I love most about this is how you can adjust it to fit your needs. I use ACV and tea tree oil and it works great, really clears out the pores, but it's still gentle enough for my sensitive skin so long as I don't leave it on for more than 20 minutes or so. Which is perfect for a mask anyway. The tub is HUGE, you don't need to mix more than a tablespoon of it to cover your whole face and you can tweak it depending on whether you're more dry, oily, or congested. This is going to last me at least a year plus I won't be trying and having throw out any more masks. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Tall_Doll

This is my HG product! Im 5 months pregnant and my skin became a total disaster I broke out like a 14 year old again and had acne scars. After the first time I used this product I could see the results; my skin was smoother, my pores were tighter, and even my scars were a little less visible! I love this mask and even had my mom and brother try it, its wonderful!