Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/17/2009 12:26:00 AM

Thanks to all who recommended this! LOVE it. I have oily skin that sometimes still breaks out in huge cystic blemishes, the kind that laugh at you when you try to use concealer on them. Since I've begun using this (about 2 months ago), my skin has been amazing. I mix it with ACV and white tea (brewed loose leaf). I follow it with pure aloe (Straight from the leaf. If you don't have a plant, get one!) to counter the dryness. Makes my skin so smooth and even-toned. If I feel a cyst trying to emerge, I mix this with ACV to make a spot treatment and leave it on the spot over night. Within one night, two at the most, the spot is gone without ever emerging to where anyone else can even see it! Did I mention that I LOVE this stuff! :)

on 9/1/2009 12:33:00 AM

It worked really well for my combination skin that gets troublesome before period! It also worked really well for my cousin's sensitive but acne-prone skin. We both mixed the clay with apple cider vinegar and water, let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse. I actually used this for four consecutive days, and it was okay.

on 8/30/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've tried this using ACV, and then just water, and both times it turned my face red and itchy. No hives though, so I don't think I'm allergic. I prefer QHMJ mask. No irritation, and it actually clears up my skin and I don't have to mix anything.

on 8/29/2009 4:35:00 PM

I've been using this for years. Like many, I keep trying other products - much more expensive products - and then get excited when I remember that this is under the sink. I mix it with lemon juice. Mixing with water didn't do much and I hate the smell of ACV. My face is flushed after removing it, but it goes away quickly. I have combo skin with an oily nose with large pores. Nice, huh? I love how clean and smooth my skin stays for the next couple of days after using this. You can't beat the price and it lasts a VERY long time.

on 8/29/2009 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been using this mask for around a month now.

I realized that if I add just water to the clay, the pulsing sensation is much stronger.

Since I really don't have acne or pimples, I can't attest to the zit-drying power of this mask, although the first time I tried it, I actually thought it washed away all of my blackheads.

But they returned overnight. :( Still, this mask is a good buy, since you can really feel the sensation. Maybe that's the indicator that this thing is working.

One more thing: I don't know if I should be pleased, but I did not experience the redness at all! Well, only my upper lip area was pink. The rest of my face, well...still the same color.

I advise those with dry/sensitive skin to do a patch test first since this may be too drying.

on 8/10/2009 11:56:00 AM

works best for oily skin

on 8/10/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Over all this is a really great product. My skin has been TERRIBLE lately and i just visited the dermatologist who prescribed me 4 medicines. Naturally, the medicines take at least a month before you see any progress and i just couldnt wait that long. I was really excited to have found this review! I have to say i LOVE this product, it makes my skin feel so soft! the only thing that really bugs me is the fact that it kind of stings my face when i am wearing it (i dont know if any one else feels that lol) but it def is not the most comfortable thing to have on your face for 30+ minutes!! Thankfully, the pain is well worth the beauty!! i can see that my pores have been cleaned out so well! the mask literally takes out all the clogged mess in your pores and it made my skin feel so much better. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone! great buy.

on 7/24/2009 3:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First of all, thank you so much to all of you who suggested using this with apple cider vinegar! I was using it with water and it was clumpy and didn't work as well, but the vinegar mixes well with this and enhances the effects. Excellent, HG mask. Unlike others, there are no additives, which usually irritate my skin or cause some sort of reaction. This is green powdered clay, pure and simple, and for its product type the price is great! Huge jar for like 5 or 10 dollars. I try to use it once a week to clean out pores and give my skin a glow. IMPORTANT: I would recommend using this at night before bed! It turns my face pink (temporarily) as though I just did an at-home peel. Not painful at all, it just gets the blood flowing at the surface. If you're worried about breaking out after (as with many masks that can draw out impurities) you can try putting on a layer of benzol peroxide or salicylic acid (sorry, I'm butchering the spelling) or whatever acne treatment you like all over your face after. I use bp and I don't break out after using the mask. I totally love it!

on 7/20/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like using this with ACV...I have combination and sometimes dry skin and this mask has never dried out my skin and most clay based masks do. I use it once or twice a week for 20 minutes and it really cleans my skin out (blackheads), shrinks my pores and the pulsing is crazy weird, but good. My skin is red after I take it off, but the redness goes away in an hour. I have acne (along my jawline) and it helps with it...doesn't take it away =( It is really cheap and you get a ton, but the container is a little messy...that would be my only complaint about this. Otherwise it is great...great price and product.

on 6/23/2009 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and I'm continuously searching for products to keep my skin acne free. I work in cosmetics, more specifically a skin care line, and this is the best clay mask on the market! It is super cheap at $7 and the jar will last forever. I mix it with apple cider vinegar and leave it on for 20 min. It will leave your skin red after removal but it goes away after 30 min. It pulls your skin very tight and the pulsating that you will feel is the mask helping the blood circulation in your face. I have never gotten compliments on my skin until I started using this product.