December 20, 2014 | 1136 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jgurriere

Today is my first day wearing this foundation. I think I FINALLY found a foundation that looks good (I need alot of coverage, but I don't want to look cakey). The Almay concealer I used is making my 2 pimples flak with makeup, so I won't use the concealer again. I used my regular Covergirl face powder, so I am stil lstuck with an orangy look. I just ned to find the perfect powder now.. When I used the Almay powder, even in light, it made the foundation really dark. So, I will continue my search for the pefect face powder that WON't turn me orange. I think the foundation was fine though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mg1363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation...2nd only to the discontinued Almay Amazing Lasting. It provides very nice coverage (and I need it let me tell you...my acne isn't horrible or anything but the redness from it never went away so my skin is red and splotchy everywhere) and doesn't make me breakout. I apply it with a makeup sponge and the colors are really great though limited. For times that I want to look completely flawless I cover my skin with a light application of this then use bare minerals foundation as a powder. It doesn't get cakey though u think it would. I think using this as a base gives the mineral makeup something to hold on to. Get Some!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ttripleblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in beige because I fake bake even during winter.

This doesn't cause any breakouts and covers very well. It evens out my skin tone without looking caky, unless you put half the bottle on of course.

While I love the product, I hate the little bottle it comes in. Especially trying to get the last bit of the product out. But I still give this a solid 5 out of 5.

GO ON AND BUY IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by burning_june

This stuff is pretty good. I have this in ivory, and it matches my pale pale skin (it's winter...) pretty good even though it is a little too pale. It goes on very smoothly and lasts awhile. I've noticed my acne getting better while using this + the powder, but I have also started to take better care of my skin so that probably has something to do with it.
Try it, you might like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

I used this for years. It was the only makeup that didn't break me out. But they changed the formula, now I switched to mineral makeup. I don't like the design of the bottle either, it's not sanitary. They should have a squeeze tube it would be much more better for acne prone skin, which I have.

UPDATE: I decided to try this again. Finally they gave this foundation a pump! I am really liking it again. They must have changed this formula again because it is a lot thicker than it used to be. I do get better coverage. I applied this 3 ways: foundation brush, stippling, and with my fingers. I like it best when I apply it with my fingers. It gives me great coverage and lasts all day. So far no breakouts! Thank God! :) All in all I am loving this foundation again. I do have to remember to grab a shade darker next time but even still this shade (which is a pinch too light 4 me) is a very wearable color. All of their colors looks lovely. Way to go Almay! Now please don't change the formula anymore, you got it down perfect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I used this product a few years back thinking that it would help with my breakouts. It did absoltely nothing! Also, the coverage that this foundation provides isn't all that great either.

This is definitely a product that I will never revisit!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Medium coverage, controls oil throughout the day very well but "cracks" over the smile wrinkles, and ends up drying out the skin too much, especially irritating over the delicate eye and lip area. I tried sand for light-medium with golden undertones. It was quite dark, I thought medium but at least it wasn't as badly yellow as the clinique one that was recommended me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

Fairly good oil control (better than L'oreal's true match foundation). Great summer foundation. Matte finish. Sheer to light coverage and felt comfortable on the skin. Does not cling to any dry flakes.
Limited color selection. I am NC25 and neutral is a little darker for me (but there is no other better choices).

Good for oily skin. A great summer time foundation if you do not have large pores.

Edit:
-for mature skins, I would recommend Revlon age defying makeup for normal/combination skins. Almay complexion blemish healing makeup has no better oil control than Revlon's and it tends to make the whole complex looks dry and dull..
-for young girls, Almay could be a better choice. Since Almay gives a relative dry and sheer finish which is more appreciated by a young oily/combination person.
-Almay does not have enough coverage for imperfections. However, could be paired with a powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pop_puppy

Recently, I got some spots under my chin which took almost forever to heal. Was using mineral makeup but it didn't seem to solve the stubborn zit problem. I remembered having bought this so i tried it for 1 week. And the zits finally melted away. love this! Gives a sheer coverage, oil-free, non pore-clogging and the shade- sand is very close to true my skin tone. (yellow base)

I am throwing away my Cover-orange-Girl now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nfreiheit

I have acne prone skin. This was my summer foundation, and I have no regrets.
It didn't seem to agravate my acne but it also didn't dry my skin out (I always wore moisturizer or sunscreen underneath).
It applied well, too. For low-end makeup, it's a good purchase.