October 24, 2014 | 1633 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

I used this for years. It was the only makeup that didn't break me out. But they changed the formula, now I switched to mineral makeup. I don't like the design of the bottle either, it's not sanitary. They should have a squeeze tube it would be much more better for acne prone skin, which I have.

UPDATE: I decided to try this again. Finally they gave this foundation a pump! I am really liking it again. They must have changed this formula again because it is a lot thicker than it used to be. I do get better coverage. I applied this 3 ways: foundation brush, stippling, and with my fingers. I like it best when I apply it with my fingers. It gives me great coverage and lasts all day. So far no breakouts! Thank God! :) All in all I am loving this foundation again. I do have to remember to grab a shade darker next time but even still this shade (which is a pinch too light 4 me) is a very wearable color. All of their colors looks lovely. Way to go Almay! Now please don't change the formula anymore, you got it down perfect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I used this product a few years back thinking that it would help with my breakouts. It did absoltely nothing! Also, the coverage that this foundation provides isn't all that great either.

This is definitely a product that I will never revisit!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Medium coverage, controls oil throughout the day very well but "cracks" over the smile wrinkles, and ends up drying out the skin too much, especially irritating over the delicate eye and lip area. I tried sand for light-medium with golden undertones. It was quite dark, I thought medium but at least it wasn't as badly yellow as the clinique one that was recommended me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

Fairly good oil control (better than L'oreal's true match foundation). Great summer foundation. Matte finish. Sheer to light coverage and felt comfortable on the skin. Does not cling to any dry flakes.
Limited color selection. I am NC25 and neutral is a little darker for me (but there is no other better choices).

Good for oily skin. A great summer time foundation if you do not have large pores.

Edit:
-for mature skins, I would recommend Revlon age defying makeup for normal/combination skins. Almay complexion blemish healing makeup has no better oil control than Revlon's and it tends to make the whole complex looks dry and dull..
-for young girls, Almay could be a better choice. Since Almay gives a relative dry and sheer finish which is more appreciated by a young oily/combination person.
-Almay does not have enough coverage for imperfections. However, could be paired with a powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pop_puppy

Recently, I got some spots under my chin which took almost forever to heal. Was using mineral makeup but it didn't seem to solve the stubborn zit problem. I remembered having bought this so i tried it for 1 week. And the zits finally melted away. love this! Gives a sheer coverage, oil-free, non pore-clogging and the shade- sand is very close to true my skin tone. (yellow base)

I am throwing away my Cover-orange-Girl now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nfreiheit

I have acne prone skin. This was my summer foundation, and I have no regrets.
It didn't seem to agravate my acne but it also didn't dry my skin out (I always wore moisturizer or sunscreen underneath).
It applied well, too. For low-end makeup, it's a good purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bbryant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this is supposed to have salycilic acid and make my pimples disappear, it made them worse.
I would thoroughly wash my face, apply moisturizer and sunscreen, and my pores would STILL get clogged. I still use it but only if I'm getting dressed up or as a spot concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chitown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this foundation in nude. I have to say I am very happy!! I am 5 months pregnants and have gone through 4 different foundations lancome,bare minerals,estee lauder and this has been the best so far.Honestly for a drug store brand the quality was great. I roamed the aisles at ulta and was happy to find this. I do agree that it does seem to dry out the blemishes and make them a bit flakey but it is a foundation that is NOT breaking me out... so I am happy!! I also use the Laura Geller Oil Blotting Pressed Powder over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by junkiegirl

This didn't make my acne better or worse, but I loved the coverage that it gave me. It went on fairly sheer and coverage was buildable and it actually matched my skin tone! I use mineral makeup powder foundation usually, but when I do use a liquid foundation, it's this one. The only thing I don't like about it is that it leaks. (I travel around alot)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mystique2314

I discontinued using this product when I noticed my face actually breaking out worse than before use. I have combo skin...dry in some areas and very oily in my Tzone and this product felt sticky in the dry areas (could be contributed to humid weather) and had no staying power in the oily areas. I still use a few other Almay products but won't use this again.