Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 3/14/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A must-have!
I have become addicted to this fabulous serum. It feels so light and my skin gets perfectly hydrated. (I use MD formulation peel pads before the serum at night).
-It even helps for my husband's seborrheic eczema...!
Highly recommdended!

on 3/4/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin was in horrible shape when I bought this (horrible for me, anyway). I was noticing numerous age spots and lines starting to form. After wearing this for the first night, I was elated. I woke up with plump skin. This serum made a noticeable difference in my age spots in a short amount of time. However, that effect has faded and I think that is all down to the packaging, which I rated as the worst. EL packages all of their other serums with a pump, so I don't know what they were thinking with this one! Also, I found that this really helped with my "monthly" breakout. Since using this, I didn't get one anymore. I gave it a 5 because I love it, but -1 for the packaging and -1 for the price.

on 2/27/2011 4:11:00 PM

This light non-greasy serum leaves my skin silky smooth and spot free. The 75ml bottle lasted me about 5 months with nightly use,one of the best serums Ive ever used,pricey but worth it.

on 2/21/2011 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this serum and just purchased the 1.7oz bottle after finishing the 1oz bottle. It took me awhile to start using it when I first bought it, but once I started, I couldn't stop using it. I was at first surprised by the medicinal smell as I was expecting some light floral fragrance that usually comes with Estee Lauder skincare, but I quickly got used to it. This serum sinks into my skin and I notice that whenever I use it while I have a breakout or when my breakout is healing, it heals much faster (unfortunately I'm a picker and it usually takes 2 weeks for my breakouts to heal, but when I use the serum, it's about a week or less) and leaves no scar whatsoever. Before I tried this serum, I tried the Lancome Genefique serum and I prefer this one so much more. The Genefique didn't do my skin harm, but it didn't do it any good either. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair is about $20 cheaper and it gave me results. I think I'll be buying and using this until there's hearsay of a better one.

on 2/16/2011 6:19:00 PM

I'm in the lucky situation of being in a position where I get to sample a lot of cosmetics and skin care items for free. This may be my favorite to date. After just a few weeks of using it, my skin tone has smoothed out drastically. I honestly don't even need a foundation anymore. It also faded an acne scar I had on my jaw line.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this a couple years ago (when the old formula was around) and it definitely improved my skin--it was the few products where I actually bought it the second time around and the third but afterwards I decided to cut down on my budget and that included cutting this out too--BIG MISTAKE! Especially since I work in a lab and the conditions in my lab is extremely harsh. Since then my skin suffered a lot.

I finally bought the new serum and see visible improvements. I swear this product has some sort of supernatural powers because I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of my acne, dry skin, and scars.

To make your dollars stretch because it's not cheap, buy during gwp or buy the gift sets!

on 1/30/2011 3:44:00 PM

This is my first serum and it's my 3rd week on it. So far I have nothing but good things to say about this. My skin is combination but has been suffering moderate acne for a couple of months. I feel this serum has calmed down my skin and I don't break out on my cheeks anymore. I don't know if it's because of this serum alone, but I'm starting to feel good about my skin again. I use 4 drop every night after toner and before moisturizer. I also put in a few drops of jojoba oil from acne.org to my cerave lotion. I go to sleep with a good thought that I'm gonna wake up with clearer and glowy skin!:)

on 1/26/2011 1:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have tried and persisted with this product, but it makes me super dry. I work in zero-humidity (archivist) and have a hard time keeping moisture levels up in my skin. I believed the scary SA that after a month of this stuff my skin would look like I was 16 again...

No, it doesn't. The morning after using it felt like my cheeks were going to crack when I smiled. I thought it was because my skin was getting used to it, but even after 4 months it's not giving me any results apart from parched (but tight) skin. I will say though I like the smell. EL often put nasty fragrances into their products but at least this smells medicinal- a smell I associate with an 'active' product.

I have given up on this product and will never repurchase. I'm going to spend my money on Payot's Hydrofluide instead...

on 1/26/2011 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Broke me out! over hyped over priced, OK serum, its hydrating but not very much so and i don't see a positive difference. i get better resutls with C serums. this is over hyped, and packaging sucks

on 1/25/2011 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YES, without reservation, to the questions 'does it work' and 'will you repurchase'. You'd imagine having to drink baby blood or puppy juice or something similarly evil to get these results.

I don't understand how this works so well. There's some kind of 'Chronolux' technology - peptides? enzymes? who cares! - that's supposed to reverse damage that causes ageing, particularly when it's applied overnight. I do that, and I wear it in the morning, and it's just amazing.

Previously, skin was:
- dull
- all pore-y
- discoloured (redness, from rosacea)
- sallow

With ANR:

- luminous
- smooth-textured
- evened tone
- bright & clear

It's fine for my acne and blackhead prone skin - no breakouts at all when I use it.

Others have described the packaging and application - I use about 4 drops.

Alternative: I ran out of this a while ago, and got the much cheaper Avalon Organics Vitamin C Serum, which gave me good results on its own (not as fab as ANR, but very good, see review). Got more of this. Am layering them now (EL then Vit C), and I'm getting compliments left and right.

Popular Treatments (Face)