July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for more than 3 months. I am so disappointed. After reading the reviews, I had high expectations for this product & I used this product religiously everyday. I had dry & sensitive skin. Lots of light freckles. I didn't find the product "lifted" my skin or gave me any healthy glow, but it didn't cause any allergic reactions.
When I wake up in the morning, my face didn't feel hydrated, but I didn't feel dehydrated either. I have to make sure I use my facial masques regularly though so the area around my nose would get quite uncomfortably dry. When I bought it, I wasn't really into the dripper application. I prefer pump application, much more hygienic. I wasn't even into the smell either but I got used to it. I still have 50% of the 75ml bottle I purchased. I would recommend getting a sample or a small gift size to trial first before committing to purchase.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is truly, truly amazing.

I don't use it for anti-aging properties, but tried it on a whim. It helps fade blackheads and smooth my skin. I've gotten so many compliments since I started using this, friends have complimented me on my "glowing" skin with no makeup on (which has never ever happened before).

Also has helped reduce breakouts significantly.

Would not be able to go without this, though must add that it is really quite expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just a few drops and work FAST because this soaks in right away leaving the skin moist and hydrated. I notice that my skin is brighter, smoother and not dehyrated, perhaps less oily. I'm only a few weeks in but I really do like this. As with any serum, the key is you need to exfoliate regularly so that it can work it's magic.

EDIT... this eventually caused break out :( stop using it and my skin cleared.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I bought this with a gift card from Murale which is the store trying to compete with Sephora. Anyway, I read all the reviews and my skin was breaking out a bit so I decided I had nothing to lose. After one night all the little pimples were cleared up. They were very minor, but I was amazed. Now my skin looks pretty good after only 5 nights of using this! I only need a drop to cover my face and neck. I will use this just for it's acne clearing benefits. It really calms the skin. Also, Estee Lauder was one of the first big companies to stop animal testing which is great! I guess people with normal skin who can use heavier creams won't find this as impressive, but for a person with oily and acne prone skin and a few minor wrinkles (who can't use heavy creams) this is an HG for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to LOVE this product but it was just ok. Yah it hydrated my skin but didn't live up to it's standards in terms of clearing acne scars, wrinkles etc.

I think there are much better serums in the market that do a better job for brightening and fading acne scars..

This is a luxury product really.. Thankfully I got the small bottle so now i just use a few drops in some of my matt foundations to give them that light healthy dewiness to my look..

But overall I say don't waste ur money on this.. Almond oil works better.

Peace

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

My Holy Grail! I love how this serum just sinks right into my face. I constantly receive compliments on how gorgeous my skin is, and this serum definitely helps along with my strict skincare routine and my switch to mineral makeup. Look for deals like gift with purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is advertised mainly as an anti-aging serum, but I have seen visible results while using it. My skin was looking uneven, some acne scars. Using this serum evened out my complexion, made it look radiant and healthy, and took away my acne scars. That's all I could ask for honestly at this point in my life. And I will continue to use this serum because I believe it really works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Horrible stuff. Breaks me out in red bumps all over my forehead and cheeks, cystic acne on my chin and even my nose! It feels hydrating upon application but actually dries out my skin (normal/combo oily for reference) and leaves it really flakey. Didn't notice a brightening of my complexion or anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've read all the hallelujah stories on MUA. Although I'm suspicious that the EL marketing team must work overtime (this serum supposedly turns back time 4 (!) years)...uhm, really?

Anyway, my 2 coworkers and I all got a bottle of EL advanced night repair last month (it came with a goodie bag!). One of them (50yrs) hasn't noticed any signs of 'youthfulness' so far and after a good month she doesn't think she will either. The other (27) turned up not wearing any foundation for the first time in years the other day. She said the EL advanced night repair serum had somehow managed to make minor blemishes and zits dissapear, thus making her feel confident enough to hop outside with ' naked skin'.

I personally have used the serum for a month now (AM and PM, in royal amounts). What I like about it is the fact that it literally gets sucked into my skin within seconds. Therefore, 3 to 4 drops for my entire face are not enough. I have to spread this quickly, before it dissapears. It seems a bit oily in the bottle, but in reality there's nothing oily about it. It actually really dries out my skin. So I have to make sure I apply a rich moisturizer on top of it. Because of the bad reviews the advanced night repair eye serum gets, I am reluctant to try my sample. And why should I? The normal serum goes quite well with my eye area as well. It's not irritating to my eyes either.

Now for its 'miracle worker status': it doesn't live up to the hype so far. I think it may work on minor blemishes, as my coworker experienced. And although I've eaten plenty of junk food and was seriously lacking sleep last month (mostly the recipe for impurities) I haven't experienced any major break outs so far. This is nice!
BUT, I haven't experienced great results and I also analyzed some wrinkles beforehand to be able to tell if they'd become less noticeable and...nothing happened. Not the slightest improvement. My skin doesn't look any younger, softer or happier at all.

I cannot comment on any long time effects, and who can? After all you may be using this product for 20 years and praise it, while in fact you had pretty good genes to begin with. Since it's so expensive it's a lot easier to just imagine it works as well. Anyway, EL advanced night repair gives me the feeling that at least I'm making an effort. But I wouldn't repurchase because there simply are better products out there.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Holy smokes...I'm suprised at how much I like this stuff. Since giving birth just under 7 months ago, my skin started getting worse and worse, until I had mild acne all along my cheekbones and on my chin. I never had any acne in my life before giving birth, so was really desperate and at a loss for what to do. I'd read some reviews on the Advanced Night Repair serum and decided to give it a go as some people said it'd helped clear their blemishes.

I am 22 years old, and for those that say "don't waste your money buying this unless you're over 30"...I know you mean well, but this stuff has done wonders for me. I do not have any wrinkles or fine lines, but I do have visable pores on my nose, blemishes, dull skin. This Advanced Serum has virtually gotten rid of my pores, blemishes, and made my skin look so much healthier and glowy. After washing my face, using toner and rose water, I apply about 4 drops for my face/neck and pat onto my skin. I don't apply moisturiser afterwards because I don't need it - this gives me enough moisture and hydration and doesn't turn me into a greasy hot mess like my previous moisturiser did.

The texture is very lightweight, I cannot even detect it on my face. As for the smell, I honestly hardly smell a thing, so it's not an issue. I love using this under makeup as it makes my foundation look 10 times better and prevents any caking or flakes.

It's very expensive (I paid 42 on sale...) but it does last a long time and the results are so worth it. My acne scars have nearly diminished, my skin rarely breaks out unless I'm stressed or hormonal, my skin looks good without makeup for once and my skin never gets dry nor oily anymore.