July 28, 2014 | 1256 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hate this stuff! I've been using SSC glycolic cleanser for the past month- which has been awesome to my skin- I recently got this sample from ebay- and it's horrible! Thick and creamy (which is nice) but after you rinse it off your skin 'squeks' and its so tight and dry its HORRIBLE! I will never buy this! Just goes to show you just b/c its expensive doesn't mean its great!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by aliciasands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible and bizarre product. When I was at Saks buying NARS stuff, I remembered I was almost out of my Philosophy face wash, and I bought this. Bad idea. This stuff takes off everything from your skin...everything. Your face will literally "squeak" it's so clean - which also means it's a very harsh cleanser. After using it twice, I decided I hated how incredibly tight my face felt after I washed it, and I returned it to Saks. The Clinique MA told me that I was using the product wrong, and it was meant to be a "makeup remover" and the tightness I was feeling was because I wasn't using their soap and other products AFTER it. What???? I have no idea what kind of makeup needs remover, soap, and toner to take off. Seriously, that's just using WAY too many products. Even if you have the oiliest skin - STAY AWAY from this stuff. Much too harsh, and it will strip your skin of everything. Go to a dermatologist instead. Ok, end rant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product produces the thickest, creamiest lather of any facial cleanser I've used, and I only need a dime-size dollop. It thoroughly removes makeup, including mascara. Most cleansers dissolve my mascara, but leave a faint raccoon eye under my lower lid. This cleanser leaves not a trace. The only reason I'm not giving it five lipsticks is its price -- a little high when you consider all the cheap and effective products out there. However, given that it's an excellent cleanser AND makeup remover in one (and I'm all for multi-tasking products), it's still worth it, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by juno69

This is an amazing cleanser. Although I usually don't wear a lot of makeup, this totally takes it off really fast. Its really concentrated and will last a really long time. It feels so nice and squeaky clean after I wash your face and keeps my face really clear! I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jbrunner76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this cleanser for a long time because it got me squeaky clean - which may be a good or bad thing. I did wash off all my makeup, but I also think it dried out my skin. I always thought I had dry skin, but it turns out I have normal skin, but the products I was using (this cleanser and Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 2) were just making it feel dry. I have since switched to PC's cleanser and toner and my skin has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Violet73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is the longest I've ever used one kind of cleanser! I keep repurchasing it because it just works so great for me. It is expensive at $16.50, but a tube lasts a long time. It's never caused me to breakout, doesn't leave a "film" like come cleansers. I also love that it doens't have a strong smell that lingers. Takes off all my makeup in a snap and doesn't dry out my face either!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by glowgal

I have repurchased this cleanser again and again. I have normal to dry skin, and this leaves it feeling clean and fresh, never tight or dry. Has a soft rosemary scent that I love as well. Takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin soft. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by babymonster

It's just a normal cleanser. Nothing impressive and special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mariella_100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this cleanser for about a year: i loved the way it made my skin squeeky clean! At first i definately noticed a difference in my skin's quality, but over time the results weren't quite so obvious. I used it as part of the infamous 3-step, replacing the soap (which i'd also tried-both the acne solutions and the regular ones), but gave it up when i gave up the 3-step. On its own, its a great cleanser, but the rest of/majority of the Clinique skincare products let it down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2004 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Ambam032

This cleanser is too pricey for doing an okay job of removing makeup, I can find a drug store product of the same quality. I didn't like the packaging because I also had a hard time squeezing the last bit out of the tube even when I removed the cap.