September 17, 2014 | 2231 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Do you like cleansers that leave a burning sensation in your eyes? Dry patches and tight skin? This overpriced and irritating cleanser may be for you! Fortunately, the poor packaging leaves most of the product trapped inside the tube. Thumbs down!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hate this stuff! I've been using SSC glycolic cleanser for the past month- which has been awesome to my skin- I recently got this sample from ebay- and it's horrible! Thick and creamy (which is nice) but after you rinse it off your skin 'squeks' and its so tight and dry its HORRIBLE! I will never buy this! Just goes to show you just b/c its expensive doesn't mean its great!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by aliciasands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible and bizarre product. When I was at Saks buying NARS stuff, I remembered I was almost out of my Philosophy face wash, and I bought this. Bad idea. This stuff takes off everything from your skin...everything. Your face will literally "squeak" it's so clean - which also means it's a very harsh cleanser. After using it twice, I decided I hated how incredibly tight my face felt after I washed it, and I returned it to Saks. The Clinique MA told me that I was using the product wrong, and it was meant to be a "makeup remover" and the tightness I was feeling was because I wasn't using their soap and other products AFTER it. What???? I have no idea what kind of makeup needs remover, soap, and toner to take off. Seriously, that's just using WAY too many products. Even if you have the oiliest skin - STAY AWAY from this stuff. Much too harsh, and it will strip your skin of everything. Go to a dermatologist instead. Ok, end rant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product produces the thickest, creamiest lather of any facial cleanser I've used, and I only need a dime-size dollop. It thoroughly removes makeup, including mascara. Most cleansers dissolve my mascara, but leave a faint raccoon eye under my lower lid. This cleanser leaves not a trace. The only reason I'm not giving it five lipsticks is its price -- a little high when you consider all the cheap and effective products out there. However, given that it's an excellent cleanser AND makeup remover in one (and I'm all for multi-tasking products), it's still worth it, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by juno69

This is an amazing cleanser. Although I usually don't wear a lot of makeup, this totally takes it off really fast. Its really concentrated and will last a really long time. It feels so nice and squeaky clean after I wash your face and keeps my face really clear! I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jbrunner76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this cleanser for a long time because it got me squeaky clean - which may be a good or bad thing. I did wash off all my makeup, but I also think it dried out my skin. I always thought I had dry skin, but it turns out I have normal skin, but the products I was using (this cleanser and Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 2) were just making it feel dry. I have since switched to PC's cleanser and toner and my skin has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Violet73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is the longest I've ever used one kind of cleanser! I keep repurchasing it because it just works so great for me. It is expensive at $16.50, but a tube lasts a long time. It's never caused me to breakout, doesn't leave a "film" like come cleansers. I also love that it doens't have a strong smell that lingers. Takes off all my makeup in a snap and doesn't dry out my face either!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by glowgal

I have repurchased this cleanser again and again. I have normal to dry skin, and this leaves it feeling clean and fresh, never tight or dry. Has a soft rosemary scent that I love as well. Takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin soft. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by babymonster

It's just a normal cleanser. Nothing impressive and special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mariella_100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this cleanser for about a year: i loved the way it made my skin squeeky clean! At first i definately noticed a difference in my skin's quality, but over time the results weren't quite so obvious. I used it as part of the infamous 3-step, replacing the soap (which i'd also tried-both the acne solutions and the regular ones), but gave it up when i gave up the 3-step. On its own, its a great cleanser, but the rest of/majority of the Clinique skincare products let it down.