November 27, 2014 | 1293 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2006 1:43:00 AM More reviews by ObVusChild

Really drying, as both a cleanser and a mask. I have oily, acne-prone skin, but this stuff hurt, and I don't think it did much for my skin. Also, the smell is incredibly medicinal and unpleasant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by groovygirl

I like this product, I smear a thin layer on while I'm cleaning my teeth and then wash it off, it is quite drying though. I've also found that if I use it after a face scrub then my skin feels so clean and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by aprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

works miracles - love this product as both a cleanser and a mask. my skin is dry, so i sometimes switch with another cleanser if it's too drying in the winter. the mask is really good for getting rid of minor breakouts. highly recommended. i've tried other products and always come back to this for relatively quick results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jbern704

i like this product a lot. its a bit drying for a mask if used too often, but it helps my acne for a periodic use. but as a cleanser it works wonders for my skin. i find it really helps as a spot treatment over night as well. it significantly reduces the size of my blemishes overnight, this is a definitre repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product. I was using it as a twice daily cleanser, but found that with this winter weather, it's a bit too drying. So, now I use it only once at night and use my Olay facial cloths for morning face washes. I like the fact that this leaves my skin clear and bright. I've been using it about a week and it hasn't caused any breakouts. The formula is thick, so a little goes a long way and it takes extra splashes to rinse it off your face. Hopefully, this will control any breakouts, but I'm going to try what some of the other girls recommend and use this as a spot treatment next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by TheTalentedEllenRipley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure I've reviewed this before, but I've used it forever, and I'd still recommend it, as long as it's used correctly. I wouldn't use it around my eyes, for instance, and it can cause redness. It can also be drying for some skins in some climates. Now that the weather is warming up, I smooth this product on my skin once or twice a week, then rinse after 30 seconds or so. My skin looks clearer and finer, and it feels very refreshed. I'll continue buying the Clear Pore Cleanser mask because it's a unique, multi-purpose product that can be very effective if you find a use that suits you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 3:45:00 AM More reviews by malisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Use carefully, because this can burn skin or cause a rash. Sometimes it does for me. For my fiance it irritates his skin and dries it out. For me, dabbing it on a pimple overnight makes it go away faster (which is a miracle for me), but if I put too much, it can leave my skin burnt in the morning. Sometimes if I use it as a mask all over my face, I get a rash that takes a few days to go away. Washing my face with it is okay though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by anthrochic

i really like this product because it is a general facial cleanser, that if you put on thicker and leave on your face, it works as a mask as well. it has a nice clean scent and works very well as a facial cleanser. a little bit goes a long way, so it lasts long. it is thick, but when mixed with water, becomes sudsy and light. i really like it, it is refreshing. the only problems i have with it are 1. that i like pump dispensers, but that isn't a big problem, and 2. as a mask, it gives me a slight rash. i leave it on for the recommended time, and when i wash it off, you can literally see exactly where it was on my face cause it is shiny and red. the red lasts for a half hour or so, and then goes away, but i would rather just use this as a cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by hepgal13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for months now, more as a treatment/cleanser than a stand alone cleasner... I use baby wash (yes, good old Johnson & Johnson "No More Tears" baby wash) to remove my makeup, then lather up with this and leave it on as I brush my teeth to disolve any left over makeup and kill all the nasty bacteria that may be left lurking within my more cavernous pores. I think it does a great job of delivering BP without being too drying, it leaves my skin soft without being flakey, but it does have that nasty menthol/eucyliptus tingle that is supposed to signify that it is working its magic... sigh... when will the industry realize that we don't need heat, tingles, bubbles, color changes, or explosions of light to know that a product works? Don't they realize that we analyse our skin with 10x mirrors 3 times daily to see if they live up to their claims? This one comes close, at least. But beware: It'll bleach the heck out of your nice washcloths, and your eyebrows too...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 8:23:00 AM More reviews by farfala0504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to buy this cleanser and try it after reading the reviews on this board. I was skeptical at first but now I LOVE it! it works well in conjunction to my Jan Marini Bioclear cream. My skin is clearer and almost break out free, it takes off all of my makeup throughly and I love the smell. I also love the fact that it's so affordable! I hope this will continue to work well for me!