April 24, 2014 | 2097 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 7:07:00 AM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I have bought this time and time again and for good reason! It smells wonderful, it's creamy (which I love!), it's both a cleanser and a mask, AND the best of all...it's the only face wash I've seen that has a little amount of BP instead of the 10% which is terrible and irritating! My face always feels clean when I wash with this and I really do believe it has helped with oil control. I'm definitely gonna continue to buy this and I highly recommend it! Update: I stray away and then come running back. From now on, I'm sticking to this as my staple. I use this twice daily as a cleanser and I use this as a mask about once a week as a little pick me up, and to keep me extra clear. I even use this to wash my chest and back in the shower to prevent breakouts. If your skin gets flakey or dry from using this, do what the label says and alter the frequency. I'm sure you can find this to suit you in some way whether it be a cleanser, a mask, or both! Although the top doesn't close and that is extremely annoying, I love the rest of the packaging. I find it ironic that it has a low key name like Clear Pore yet is has a stronger, more effective medicine than all the others with ACNE in the name. It's nice to own a face wash that doesn't scream "I HAVE BAD SKIN!" when you look at it. Know what I mean? hahaha. This can work as a cleanser, mask, and as a spot treatment so it has definitely simplified my cabinet and saved me money. This will always be a staple of mine! Highly recommended forever!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2005 4:54:00 AM More reviews by misanthropy

this is very good mask/cleanser for the price. it seems to work well on pores but its not very good as a make up cleanser. I only used it at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyRay713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i found this sittin in my bathroom i figured why not ive tried damn near everythign else out there. so my skin is relativly good, i dont get pimples n im not dyin to apply lotion to my face all day. but ive got blackheads, and a ton of them. so i had slaped this stuff on, was doing the whole wasing thing, n then just let it sit on my face until i was done w/ my shower... give or take 20 min later... pretty much after the coolin effect stoped, i took it off. at first i was like not bad... my blackheads werent as dark, my pores are noticeably smaller, still noticeable, but smaller then b4, i was just really impressed w/ the way it made the blackheads alot smaller

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by angelbabie53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because of the reviews on this website about a month ago and let me tell you, my skin is lookin clearer than ever. I never really got too many break outs, just the occassional zit especially around that time of the month but i had maybe 2 zits in the past month. After using this my skiin feels soft and smooth. I definately recommend this and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2005 8:13:00 AM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My new choice of cleanser, well for the time being anyway. I originally used it as a mask as I thought this would be too drying for my combo skin if I used it as a cleanser. Beforehand, I had a breakout on my forehead and I'm sure that this has slowly helped it to clear. I'm not fond of the smell but that doesn't put me off. Also, makes the perfect mild exfoliator when mixed with baking soda. My skin had never felt so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Taloah

My skin rarely breaks out and maybe this is one of the reasons why. I use this once a week or so as a mask/cleanser. It feels SO nice and tingly and doesn't dry my skin out. I'd love to use it more often but am afraid to mess with what works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

Wow, this stuff really works! My skin always breaks out more in the summertime, and this cleared it right up. I only use it as a cleanser, though, not a mask. It's really drying on my skin. Oilier-skinned gals could probably really benefit from this, though. If you can put up with the dryness, this cleanser really zaps zits.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by theGOODiES

Well... i have used this twice already. once as a mask, once as a cleanser. so far, it has done absolutely nothing, and i think i`m getting more blemishes on my face. this crap doesn`t work NEARLY as fast as all the other MUAers said it would. this was a waste of money, and most importantly- it has done NOTHING GOOD for my skin. it doesn't burn, and it hardly tingles. oh, i used this as a spot treatment, and if anything, my blemish got BIGGER -- not smaller! i will stick with this for the next 2 weeks...and update if any damages, i mean *miracles* result....
[EDiT] *crosses fingers* it`s growing on me...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by wavesograin415

I just bought this because I got a huge pimple on my cheek and was looking for something to help shrink it quickly. I think this helped. I put it on and left it on for about 15 mins, when I woke up in the morning the breakout was significantly smaller. I'm not sure how much I'll end up using this, but for the price I can't complain so far.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I used a little of my BF's last night as a cleanser and this morning as a mask. First off, I do not in any way, shape, or form have sensitive skin (I use AHA, BHA, peels, clay masks, and various other treatments nearly every day on my combo/oily skin and never get irritated, red, broken out, etc.) This stuff, however, did give me a strong tingling/just-this-close-to-burning sensation due to the menthol in it. No visible irritation but it wasn't a totally pleasant experience.

Rant: I am completely against menthol in face products--sure, it feels like the product is doing something when you feel the cool tingling--but it is an irritant that does no good for skin. The menthol is listed fairly low down in the ingredients list, but it still seemed extra-strong to me. When I used it as a mask, my eyes actually began watering up from the fumes.

My face did feel nicely smooth and fresh after using this as a face wash, but I can't imagine using it on a regular basis. It can't be used to remove makeup since you shouldn't get it near your eyes. Plus, it's meant for acne-prone skin (has benzoyl peroxide in it) so it'd be too drying in the cooler months (right now it's very hot and humid and I'm very oily). Avoid if you have dry/sensitive skin. Use with caution if you have oily/acne-prone skin (but even in this case, I think you should just go with a gentler cleanser that you can use all year round--even the acneic can get irritated). continued >>