Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good BP cleanser. I just wish they made a menthol free version. I put it on my face in the shower and rinse after I start to feel the menthol. Because of the menthol I can not use it as a mask.

I made the mistake of using Clinique City Block SPF 15 on my face before reading the reviews on this site. Like many others, I found that it made me break out. I ditched the tube a few days before a big performance I was giving and used this mask to help clean up my face. It worked like a charm!

I've continued to use this product, and it is incredibly effective; it gets rid of the zits you have quickly *and* prevents new ones. I have extremely sensitive, dry, pale skin, and I do not find this mask to be drying or irritating at all. In fact, my skin looks pretty fantastic right now, because I use this in the shower on a daily basis.

This cleanser/mask works great with my normal skin. I don't usually have any problems with breakouts but if I happen to have a problematic moment I just pull this out and slather it on. On average, I use it every other day. It makes any slight imperfection go away, or in the least, become less visible. I love this stuff. It is my HG mask.

this is okay, I used it for a bit when i was breaking out and it did seem to work, but it was a bit too drying for my skin, I prefer lancome's mask and a bp wash

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My new HG cleanser!!!!

The couple of times I've used this, it's burned and dried out my skin pretty bad. But BP seems to have that effect on my skin, however little the concentration.
Maybe it may be good for acne, over the long run, but I hate having skin that looks like a mess in the meantime. On the upside it smells nice and feels nice.
Up for swap this one goes. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for the last three/four years. It's not my HG cleanser but I keep using it because it's the best one I've found. Either that or I'm too lazy to search for a new one :).
I like it a lot. It keeps my breakouts under control for the most part. I use this as a mask also when my skin feels extra gross. I find that if I leave it on for half an hour or so it will clear up my skin pretty well. I don't recommend doing this in the morning though because your face will be red! I do it at night, put on LOTS of moisturizer and sleep and I wake up with a much clearer face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So far I am really liking this product. I use it on my face and back a couple times a week and let it sit for a while. I do not find it drying, but I do have very oily skin. I put it on my face last night for about 10-15 min and followed with Earth Therapeutics Clari-T for overnight treatment, and today the spots I had are reduced and the little bumps of potential new pimples are virtually gone. The whole Neutrogena line is a hit and miss for me, but this one appears to be a hit. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $4. Will probably repurchase if it keeps working for me.

I really really like this cleanser. I started using it in the middle of a nasty hormonal face crisis, and it didnt instantly make it better, but it did help clear it up. This is the best cleanser I've used so far, so that I am nearly acne free between periods which was never the case before. I still do get pimples here and there, but not as bad as before. I use it every night when I shower and I half let it act as a mask by putting it on right away and not washing it off until im done washing my hair etc. so it can sit and do its job. it feels tingy & great, and has a nice smell. It hasn't dried out my skin at all. It's my HG for now after trying tons of cleansers, unless something better comes along.

Texture – white cream with very fine particles (think they might be mineral salt)
Scent – a very strong fragrant, I actually like the smell but some people probably can’t stand it
Cleansing effects – cleanse my face pretty well. I noticed the blackheads on my nose are smaller, my cheeks are smoother after washing.
Any cons – still have breakouts here and there, and quiet drying to the cheeks area (I have combo skin). The stuff is thick so takes more splashes to get all the residue off the face.
This cleanser might be better for use in summer. In winter, it is quite drying so you need to moisturise more to make up for the cons. I wouldn’t use it as a mask except on the nose. Also wouldn’t recommend it to people with sensitive skin as the scent is too strong. Overall it’s not a bad product and will purchase again. ^_^