April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 7:28:00 AM More reviews by jlmoh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Enough has been said about this fantatic concealer, so I won't repeat the details. I will say that my inherited dark circles have sent me on a mission for the best concealer in the world. To date, this concealer is better than any I've tried (and I've tried almost everything.) I can't understand why it never makes Allure magazine's best concealer. It's much more effective than the ones they recommend. A little drying? Perhaps. But I'd rather treat the slight dryness instead of revealing my persistent dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On a set early this July an actress pulled this out of her little purse while we were lolling around for hours. being a concealer junkie, i asked her to swipe it on my inner forearm to test against the bundle of other concealers i tote around with me. so I stroked this one on and then swiped 5 of my other concealers next to it and just let them hang out there to test how they wore throughout the rest of the day. Six hours later, this concealer was the most visibible, significantly beating out ALL of the other ones. it stuck to me like a thin layer of paint, soldiering on despite sweat and friction. the consistency is very liquidy, has little to no slip and very little moisturizing properties. the coverage is medium to full (depending on application and darkness of your undereye circles). it's super light, durable and non-creasing and it dries to a *very* thin, slightly powdered finish. it can be used with a moisturizer underneath to offset the slightly drying effect.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2003 2:51:00 PM More reviews by crzyqlt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in the search for a holy grail under eye concealer. I have hereditary dark eye circles and need something that will neutralize them. This product does do that fairly effectively. But I also have the start of fine lines and unfortunately, this does emphasize them. I am putting yes on repurchasing this, but that's if I don't find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2003 8:11:00 AM More reviews by cookiegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I've finally found my concealer. I must have 10 other brands at home that just don't do the trick. I'm not crazy about the container because I think a lot of it will be wasted when I get near the end, but hopefully that won't be for awhile. I'm really excited about this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 6:11:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! I used to like MAC select cover-up, but I like this so much more because this one doesn't settle into my very fine undereye lines. It's very intensely pigmented (great coverage), and stays put very well. I do wish it was a little more moisturizing, but then it prob. wouldn't stay put as well. I've been using it over the Sisley eye cream and it helps. I have to use eye cream first since I have dry skin. No reapplying with this one, and I totally agree with Zoe that my eyeliner doesn't melt into it. I only use it under my eyes, so I don't know about it's zit coverage. I just can't get over how well this covers undereye circles! I don't mind paying 18$ for something that works this well. UPDATE: I took a point away because this really dried the hell out of my undereye area after a few weeks. And now, it does settle into fine lines and my eyeliner does melt into it. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm gonna try mixing with eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2003 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Fuchsia

I love this product. Not only does the concealer last forever (it's even stood up to the dunk in the pool) but it doesn't make me break out like a lot of other long-lasting formulas. Plus, they have shades that match even my pasty white skin. It is kind of expensive but it lasts forever. I manage to make one tube do for almost a year. EDIT: They have stopped making this in extra light. 01 is now just light and is probably better suited for LLL skin than PPP. It's too dark on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 1:46:00 PM More reviews by zoemarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another staple that I buy time and time again. This concealer, like the Double Wear foundation stays in place all day and doesn't budge. Other concealers melted with my eyeliner by the end of the day. This concealer stays put and so does my eyeliner. I love the applicator sponge that deposits the product to the eye area. I then use a concealer brush to blend it in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by hlww74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer really does stay put!! I wore this when I got married and it worked wonders for my undereye circles! It can be a tad drying, but if you need staying power, this is it:)