Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 12/29/2005 8:30:00 PM

Great coverage and staying power. I use this under my eyes on my big fat circles and bags and they disappear (well, the circles do, anyway). I also use this to cover up redness around my nose. Like the other reviewer said, very thin, but a lot of pigment. I like this better than the cle de peau concealer which creases but also offers very good coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this with the Double Wear foundation. I had to take the foundation back even though I liked it, because it made me break out. The concealer, however, I am keeping and will repurchase. Very good coverage, great staying power, no creasing. Highly recommended!

on 12/3/2005 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very good concealer! Stays on and covers very well...The best I've used!

on 11/18/2005 3:29:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic! It really covers, it really stays in place, & it doesn't look cakey or thick. In fact, it's a thinnner consistency than most concealers, but it must be very pigmented. It also blends really well into my skin & could be worn with nothing over it. I'm using this for blemishes & scars, not undereye, though I think it would work well for that, too. I never would have tried this without all the great reviews on MUA!

on 11/10/2005 12:59:00 PM

My very first concealer! :-) I am so pleased with this product, and I searched productville before buying anything, so I owe it all to you guys! The color selection isn't expansive (there are only three), but I found a match in the middle one, which is Light-Medium. Like the reviewer below, the SA also had a tough time figuring out which was better, Light or Light-Medium, but we both decided on L-M because it was a tad bit darker, which is safer than a concealer being too light. It comes in a nailpolish looking container, with a lip-gloss type wand. I dab a dot on my hand and use a small brush to blend it under my eyes. I usually don't have undereye gray/blue-ness, but with all the lack of sleep and 8 hour days on the computer, they have appeared. This product really does hide them all-day-long! I must moisturize about 5 minutes prior to using this, as I do have a very dry eye area. This concealer isn't cakey, but a little goes a very long way with it, so overapplying it may cause cakey-ness. It dries fairly quickly, so I recommend fully applying it to one eye at a time. The price is high, at $19.00, but I think it's going to last me a very long time. A huge plus to this concealer is that you don't have to wear foundation/powder with it. It's so subtle that it can be worn alone.
EDITED 5/3/06: Color match is terrible when you look into those ugly flourescent lights in the restrooms at work. I had white cirlces under my eyes, and I'm quite fair-skinned AND I bought the 2nd shade (there are only 3 to choose from). Downgrading from 5 to 3. If you can get a color match with one of the three shades, it's a good product. Oh and also, it does cake into fine lines, but I haven't tried a concealer that doesn't. I just use tinted moisturizer to fix my dark circles.

on 10/28/2005 6:56:00 PM

Best concealer for blue/red under eye circles! Great coverage and good for sensitive eyes. Let dry just a little after you dab on prior to blending for more coverage.

This would be my HG concealer for marks on my face, BUT the colour isn't 100% perfect. Right now I'm using the medium/light and it's a bit too pink for my skin, the light is too light and the medium is way too dark except in the middle of summer when I use bronzer. This stuff stays put all day lone on dried acne or on scars or on pigment marks. Won't stick to wet acne and I do not like it under my eyes, too opaque or dry.

I settle for an off colour because it does last so well and it contributes to a flawless face for a night out when I do pack on the makeup.

I really liked this product. I bought it thinking it was something else I had previously used so I was a little disappointed at first but it turned out to be great. It's easy to apply & smooths on evenly with a nice matte finish.

on 9/16/2005 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Amazing. Lasts all day. I put this on blemishes to hide them, and it works. Works all day...seriously...and I'm oily and it still keeps going and going. Hope Lauder keeps this one going forever.

on 6/13/2005 2:17:00 PM

I've finally found a product that has inspired me to get off my lazy bum and write a review. Bought this a few days ago and I LOVE IT! I use it primarily for the undereye area and a) it covers and brightens really well, b) does not crease, and c) lasts and lasts. I could go the whole day without re-applying. I've found my HG concealer!