July 30, 2014 | 1588 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by evenstar06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being 13, pale-skinned, oily, and eager to cover up acne and redness I bought this in 8th grade in VERY LIGHT. It was a miracle for me, but now it's dicontinued. I bought instead the LIGHT many months ago, and was pleasantly surprised it was even better than the very light and PERFECT for my skintone. However, I purchased my second bottle of LIGHT a few months ago and it's sooo much DARKER than my current light, which is nearly gone. The new "light" appears orange on me, and makes redness from past acne look even worse like I have a rash! The old "light" had perfect neutral, slightly pale pink undertones, and I don't understand! However, the product does stay on all day (through school, work, dance classes daily) and..was perfect. Although I'm quite in a pickle now, I'm taking off 2 lippies bc of the discontinuation and change in color of the product which i'm VERY UPSET about...anyone else see this problem?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product a 3 and here is why. If you already have aging skin around the eye, this stuff will put it right over the edge.
Does what it says as far as coverage. Stays on and really blocks dark circles so it's too bad it's so hard on delicate eye skin. Beware though because it's extremely drying and damaging to under eye skin. Be prepared to spend a bunch on eye skin repair and then hope for the best. Okay for special occasion use for young eyes.
The colors are limited and a bit off. In daylight other may people notice a slight green tinge that is not readily apparent to the wearer. A 1 for packaging. I do not like products that I cannot use down to the last drop...but in this case that's a blessing, I suppose. EDIT: This was the old formula. I have not tried the new formula.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 5:31:00 PM More reviews by pupsi

This is the best concealer I ever tried! I'll buy It again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mumbai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap - probably the best concealer I have used to date!
I have a long work day - about 16 hours and this puts up with me!
Covers well and only slightly creases after this length of time - but hey I'm not complaining, I ask a lot from it!
I'm just thrilled this is not some yellow based item like most concealers that actually worsen the blue undertones under my eyes!
Until I find something better - this is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ting2

This is my staple concealer. I love its durability and great coverage. The only thing that bugs me is that they don't have a wide color selection. Also, after it dries, its color turns kinda orangey on me...Does anyone else have this problem? So, only 4 lippies out of 5...still searching for my HG concealor.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Senica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best concealer I've ever used - it completely rids me of undereye circles and covers blemishes good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by chic_happens

I have been using this for awhile and until I can find a concealor that completely covers my circles, stays on all day without getting chalky, and doesn't accenuate my lines in the lest bit, I'll stick with Double Wear. It lasts longer than any other concealor I have tried, and provides great coverage (I usually dab on two coats). Like most concealors though, it can start to look a bit chalky later on in the day, hence the four lippies instead of five.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2003 2:56:00 PM More reviews by naughtiikisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it doesn't realli stay on all day like it says it will...however it does go on very thinly and covers decently. It has to be layered on in order for it to really show full coverage. I would buy it again just because it covers in a thin layer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2003 8:42:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this concealer a few years ago and I am surprised I haven't reviewed it..It is a concealer I wouldn't recommend for anyone who has lines underneath their eyes or wrinkles. The PROS: decent pigment, dries fast, covers, wears all day. The CONS: have to be super quick to blend because it DOES dry so fast, drying underneath the eyes, emphasizes lines and wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 7:28:00 AM More reviews by jlmoh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Enough has been said about this fantatic concealer, so I won't repeat the details. I will say that my inherited dark circles have sent me on a mission for the best concealer in the world. To date, this concealer is better than any I've tried (and I've tried almost everything.) I can't understand why it never makes Allure magazine's best concealer. It's much more effective than the ones they recommend. A little drying? Perhaps. But I'd rather treat the slight dryness instead of revealing my persistent dark circles.