August 29, 2014 | 1356 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by just4janette

I JUST LOVE THIS CONCEALER!~I have spent a bunch of money & tried SO MANY in search of the perfect one and Estee Lauder Double wear is definitley THE ONE!~I have searched hi and low for something... ANYTHING! to cover up the dark circles under my eyes, that make me look tired when I'm not!It covers well,is easy to apply & stays on great all day, even when it is really muggy and humid out.What more can you ask for?(The other concealers seemed to melt away in minutes!)Also,the light intensity 1 is a shade lighter than my complexion so it highlights my eyes beautifully too!... a real plus!...It is a bit expensive but a little goes a long way, so it is sure to last a long time! Besides, reapplying the so called "cheaper" concealers so often is not only a chore but uses up the product ALOT faster...so it's not so cheap after all! I hope this review will save someone out there Time,AGGRAVATION & some MONEY!!!...I only wish I had found this website sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by manichaeism

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! Covers up blemishes and stays on as long as you like (even in the pool and rain). They discontinued the Very Light, but they have it in the outlets!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by snowgoose

When I first applied this I really liked it. It covers very well. But as the day wore on I noticed that it still stayed in place, but my other makeup had caked on top of it. So, too heavy and too obvious for me. Might be better if I wore it alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by harls321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years and love it! It is the only concealer that covers my acne scars, pimples and under eye without looking cakey or dry. Not heavy at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 1:33:00 AM More reviews by starbrite

I absolutely love this concealer and do not know why it does not get more attention on the boards, I'll have to start campaigning! Addressing the dryness issue. It really isn't anything that an eye cream won't help, and I've had to use an eye treatment with most concealers anyway (I like to use Benefit ooh la la lift with this one). This concealer covers my dark circles perfectly and the redness under my nose as well. And it doesn't budge! Even in the humidity of Hawaii it stayed on until I took it off. Practically flawless and long lasting coverage? All I'm saying is that Estee Lauder better not discontinue *this* product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2004 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

I have Never, ever found a concealer that worked on me for varying reasons- UNTIL-this one. I an Not a buyer or fan of E.Lauder, in general, but I was 'Open' & seeking a Concealer that WORKED well to hide my Dark circles- this does that very well & it does not Budge- I Must moisturize the underEye area well, so that this Baby can glide on & dry w/out any fuss- I have the Light/medium- I give it a 4.5, it's Nearly perfect-and, by far the best I've ever used..will re-purchase- EDIT: this is a Perfect 5! HG- I've stopped looking & have been using & loving this concealer faithfully for over a year

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by evenstar06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being 13, pale-skinned, oily, and eager to cover up acne and redness I bought this in 8th grade in VERY LIGHT. It was a miracle for me, but now it's dicontinued. I bought instead the LIGHT many months ago, and was pleasantly surprised it was even better than the very light and PERFECT for my skintone. However, I purchased my second bottle of LIGHT a few months ago and it's sooo much DARKER than my current light, which is nearly gone. The new "light" appears orange on me, and makes redness from past acne look even worse like I have a rash! The old "light" had perfect neutral, slightly pale pink undertones, and I don't understand! However, the product does stay on all day (through school, work, dance classes daily) and..was perfect. Although I'm quite in a pickle now, I'm taking off 2 lippies bc of the discontinuation and change in color of the product which i'm VERY UPSET about...anyone else see this problem?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product a 3 and here is why. If you already have aging skin around the eye, this stuff will put it right over the edge.
Does what it says as far as coverage. Stays on and really blocks dark circles so it's too bad it's so hard on delicate eye skin. Beware though because it's extremely drying and damaging to under eye skin. Be prepared to spend a bunch on eye skin repair and then hope for the best. Okay for special occasion use for young eyes.
The colors are limited and a bit off. In daylight other may people notice a slight green tinge that is not readily apparent to the wearer. A 1 for packaging. I do not like products that I cannot use down to the last drop...but in this case that's a blessing, I suppose. EDIT: This was the old formula. I have not tried the new formula.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 5:31:00 PM More reviews by pupsi

This is the best concealer I ever tried! I'll buy It again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mumbai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap - probably the best concealer I have used to date!
I have a long work day - about 16 hours and this puts up with me!
Covers well and only slightly creases after this length of time - but hey I'm not complaining, I ask a lot from it!
I'm just thrilled this is not some yellow based item like most concealers that actually worsen the blue undertones under my eyes!
Until I find something better - this is great!