Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 1/15/2006 1:41:00 PM

I do like this concealer. I got it in the medium shade which may be a tad too dark, but i do think if i got the shade under it, it would be too light (i'm told their concealers don't have a good color selection) Anyway, this does conceal quite well. I like Estee Lauders foundations (i have the double wear foundation which covers sooo well) and this concealer does live up to that expectation. It has good staying power and does conceal well, but for the price.. hmmmm i spend $28 dollars on this (very small amount) and it was quite a hard bullet to bite. I think i'll pass next time unless i can find nothing better. Hopefully this one will last me quite awhile!

on 1/15/2006 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I usually have problems finding concealers in the right shade, but this, in 03 medium, matches me perfectly. Does an awesome job at covering up pimples without looking cakey. Creamy, glides on with ease and stays the whole day through. A bit heavy to use under the eyes though. Best concealer so far.

on 1/9/2006 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't look weird on my skin (which many concealers do in certain light) and also doesn't have yellow or pink tones which is perfect for my light, neutral skin tone. It covers pimples fine, but mainly I use it to cover red marks. I would definitely buy it again.

on 12/29/2005 8:30:00 PM

Great coverage and staying power. I use this under my eyes on my big fat circles and bags and they disappear (well, the circles do, anyway). I also use this to cover up redness around my nose. Like the other reviewer said, very thin, but a lot of pigment. I like this better than the cle de peau concealer which creases but also offers very good coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this with the Double Wear foundation. I had to take the foundation back even though I liked it, because it made me break out. The concealer, however, I am keeping and will repurchase. Very good coverage, great staying power, no creasing. Highly recommended!

on 12/3/2005 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very good concealer! Stays on and covers very well...The best I've used!

on 11/18/2005 3:29:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic! It really covers, it really stays in place, & it doesn't look cakey or thick. In fact, it's a thinnner consistency than most concealers, but it must be very pigmented. It also blends really well into my skin & could be worn with nothing over it. I'm using this for blemishes & scars, not undereye, though I think it would work well for that, too. I never would have tried this without all the great reviews on MUA!

on 11/10/2005 12:59:00 PM

My very first concealer! :-) I am so pleased with this product, and I searched productville before buying anything, so I owe it all to you guys! The color selection isn't expansive (there are only three), but I found a match in the middle one, which is Light-Medium. Like the reviewer below, the SA also had a tough time figuring out which was better, Light or Light-Medium, but we both decided on L-M because it was a tad bit darker, which is safer than a concealer being too light. It comes in a nailpolish looking container, with a lip-gloss type wand. I dab a dot on my hand and use a small brush to blend it under my eyes. I usually don't have undereye gray/blue-ness, but with all the lack of sleep and 8 hour days on the computer, they have appeared. This product really does hide them all-day-long! I must moisturize about 5 minutes prior to using this, as I do have a very dry eye area. This concealer isn't cakey, but a little goes a very long way with it, so overapplying it may cause cakey-ness. It dries fairly quickly, so I recommend fully applying it to one eye at a time. The price is high, at $19.00, but I think it's going to last me a very long time. A huge plus to this concealer is that you don't have to wear foundation/powder with it. It's so subtle that it can be worn alone.
EDITED 5/3/06: Color match is terrible when you look into those ugly flourescent lights in the restrooms at work. I had white cirlces under my eyes, and I'm quite fair-skinned AND I bought the 2nd shade (there are only 3 to choose from). Downgrading from 5 to 3. If you can get a color match with one of the three shades, it's a good product. Oh and also, it does cake into fine lines, but I haven't tried a concealer that doesn't. I just use tinted moisturizer to fix my dark circles.

on 10/28/2005 6:56:00 PM

Best concealer for blue/red under eye circles! Great coverage and good for sensitive eyes. Let dry just a little after you dab on prior to blending for more coverage.

This would be my HG concealer for marks on my face, BUT the colour isn't 100% perfect. Right now I'm using the medium/light and it's a bit too pink for my skin, the light is too light and the medium is way too dark except in the middle of summer when I use bronzer. This stuff stays put all day lone on dried acne or on scars or on pigment marks. Won't stick to wet acne and I do not like it under my eyes, too opaque or dry.

I settle for an off colour because it does last so well and it contributes to a flawless face for a night out when I do pack on the makeup.