November 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

why did i wait to long to get this brush!!!! i've tried it with my e/s that dont show up too well, even with a base and WOW.....this definitely intensified them.....it packs in the color and i dont get the funky blotchy looks that i get from my other cheapy brushes.....its definitely worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased 2 of these sight unseen just b/c of the rave reviews. It's a small paddle shaped head with a nice long handle. It's the perfect brush for packing on color, especially useful for pigments. The firm but soft bristles distribute color evenly and precisely. Retails for $24.00USD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I used to think that it was crazy to spend this much money on a brush. Finally, I decided to splurge..and I must say that I was WRONG about my original thought. This is the first MAC brush I've ever purchased and have not ever regretted it for a second. I use it for practically everything...packing on e/s, putting shadow in the crease and even blending! I definitely recommend this as a starter brush AND as a must have in every collection. I've had the 239 for about a year now and the quality is still amazing. BUY THIS BRUSH!! You wont be disappointed:)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

My first MAC brush! I'm impressed with the quality of their brushes overall. I like this 239 for packing on lighter, less pigmented shadows. I'm still getting the hang of it, but it does get my shadows showing up better than other brushes. Great sturdy black handle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by melikemochi

I purchased this brush along with the 219 and 217 brushes based on the reviews. As it turned out, I ended up wanting to use the 217 brush for everything and never reaching for this one. Yes, it does a good job of packing on eyeshadow but I found it awkward to use and the 217 much more natural to use but thats personal preference. It seemed to stiff for swishing on shadow from the tip for overall color. I ended up returning this for the #272 brush which is very similar except very slightly less stiff with a slanted end instead of dome-shaped. I find the 272 much more useful because I can use it to densely pack on shadow when using it flat and for a wash of color using it from the top. The 272 is also superioa because it can fit into the crease area. Would not repurchase the 239 as I have the 272.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupbykatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not sure this brush needs another review, but it is one of my favorite brushes (and i have over 100 - no i'm not kidding). This brush is good for an all over color, crease color or for blending. Its very soft with a lot of bristles but has a good taper which is what allows the brush to pick up a good amount of color. Since the bristles are also soft you wont find it gouging out your favorite soft texture shadows (like some of stilas shadows or mac's satin finish shadows) as some other brushes tend to do. The bristles are white which is why it appears "dirty" quickly, but all brushes get just as "dirty" you just notice it more on the white brushes. All you need is a good spray brush cleaner or wipe it after use on a makeup wipe if the color deposit really bothers you. Then give it a good clean with either a mild shampoo or brush cleaner on occasion. It's very durable and can stand up to frequent washing ( i fully wash every brush after every use - you have to when you're a professional). Whether you're a professional or not, this is definitely a brush you should have in your bag. On occasion mac comes out with a limited edition of this brush (usually with a colored handle instead of the standard black) which is usually also a short handle - good for someone who likes to keep their brushes in a small makeup bag or purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most amazing brush...ever. I use it EVERY time I apply eyeshadow. This is the most verasitle brush ever!! I only have one but I really need like 10. Its the BEST eyeshadow brush in the world!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is a workhorse. It works well with cream and powder products and is wonderful for packing color on the lid. Its size however also lets it work well as a crease blush (especially for defnined crease colors and application) and a blending between colors. I wish the handle were a bit shorter but that's a very minor quibble. When I travel I take this and a 224 SE and I need no other eye brushes because they cover everything I would need to do. Love this brush. Only thing I can't use it for is to apply gel liner (but I can use it to smudge it). A great value given its versatility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush so much, I want another one but Iím trying to determine if I really need it. Whether I apply eye shadow with a wet or dry brush, my handy 239 always picks up just the right amount of shadow and deposits it perfectly on my lids. The bristles are dense and soft, so they donít scratch or irritate my eyelids. Having been the owner of poor quality lower end brushes, I can honestly say that the brush you use greatly affects the appearance of your eye shadow. MAC brushes are expensive but are completely worth the splurge because your shadows will apply more evenly and smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I waited way too long to try this brush..I used the 213 for applying shadows & pigments but never really liked it..Just put up with it as I hadn't found a better brush yet..I heard all the raves about this but continued to pass it up because it seems I always hate what everyone likes(and visa versa) Finally broke down and got this brush and the Clouds parted,the sun shown down and all was right with the world..It gives you control of your shadows so you can either load them on,or apply sheerly.A MUST for applying pigments