MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 6/4/2006 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush for applying eyeshadow, especially pigments/mineral e/s on my lids. The small dense head is perfect for packing on colours that are a bit light or applying it wet, for my small eyelids. It's works for blending them too, doesn't work on my crease though, because of it's shape. A must have though!!

on 5/25/2006 2:58:00 AM

I bought 239 but when I got home I realized its the as Bobbi Brown's TOUCH UP brush which I already have.But it doesnt matter I'm trying to build a brush collection thats why I want more:) As other reviews tell it all its the perfect brush for applying eyeshadow and even I can use it to apply concealer too.I love MAC brushes and I want to enhance more more on makeup.Brushes help me about applications.I spend alot of money for a brush but I know that quality brushes make it easy to do makeup.I love 239 and would buy it again.

on 5/13/2006 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was one of the first "real" makeup brushes I purchased over two years ago, and it's still in excellent condition today. I like this brush because the hairs are densely packed and pick up a lot of pigment. I like using this for applying a base flesh-toned eye shadow color like the satin e/s in Nars AAE all over the lid. It also works well for packing in darker colors in the crease. Overall, I don't find this brush as useful as the other ones I own (213, 224, 217), so I probably won't repurchase this.

on 4/28/2006 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome liner/smudge brush. Really gives you control. SO soft too! LOVE IT! Worth every penny!

on 4/28/2006 5:14:00 AM

this brush is wonderful. i used to use sponge tip applicators every day, but the color took a while for me to even out. i eventually decided to give in and purchase this product. the bristles are soft yet sturdy, and makes it easier to evenly apply the e/s. the bristles are dense and pack on the color really well. definitely purchase this brush!

*edit*5/16/06: wow the more i use this brush to more i love it! since i've used it i noticed that my e/s application time went down from fifteen minutes to five. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

why did i wait to long to get this brush!!!! i've tried it with my e/s that dont show up too well, even with a base and WOW.....this definitely intensified them.....it packs in the color and i dont get the funky blotchy looks that i get from my other cheapy brushes.....its definitely worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 4/9/2006 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased 2 of these sight unseen just b/c of the rave reviews. It's a small paddle shaped head with a nice long handle. It's the perfect brush for packing on color, especially useful for pigments. The firm but soft bristles distribute color evenly and precisely. Retails for $24.00USD

on 3/31/2006 3:07:00 PM

I used to think that it was crazy to spend this much money on a brush. Finally, I decided to splurge..and I must say that I was WRONG about my original thought. This is the first MAC brush I've ever purchased and have not ever regretted it for a second. I use it for practically everything...packing on e/s, putting shadow in the crease and even blending! I definitely recommend this as a starter brush AND as a must have in every collection. I've had the 239 for about a year now and the quality is still amazing. BUY THIS BRUSH!! You wont be disappointed:)

on 3/6/2006 10:37:00 PM

My first MAC brush! I'm impressed with the quality of their brushes overall. I like this 239 for packing on lighter, less pigmented shadows. I'm still getting the hang of it, but it does get my shadows showing up better than other brushes. Great sturdy black handle.

on 3/6/2006 4:46:00 PM

I purchased this brush along with the 219 and 217 brushes based on the reviews. As it turned out, I ended up wanting to use the 217 brush for everything and never reaching for this one. Yes, it does a good job of packing on eyeshadow but I found it awkward to use and the 217 much more natural to use but thats personal preference. It seemed to stiff for swishing on shadow from the tip for overall color. I ended up returning this for the #272 brush which is very similar except very slightly less stiff with a slanted end instead of dome-shaped. I find the 272 much more useful because I can use it to densely pack on shadow when using it flat and for a wash of color using it from the top. The 272 is also superioa because it can fit into the crease area. Would not repurchase the 239 as I have the 272.

Video Reviews & Tutorials