L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 10/17/2012 9:18:00 PM

I only really began wearing makeup when I started college and soon found that liquid foundation made my skin explode. I hate the look of visible makeup on your face so I decided to try a BB cream/tinted moisturizer. The L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream gives me just enough coverage to mask uneven skin tone and some dark spots from acne scarring. Although, my skin does become shiny after a couple hours even with it set with a translucent powder. Biggest thing is that it hasn't broken me out at all! I love that it feels light, covers, and doesn't make my face a pizza. Definitely will be buying this again and would tell anyone to at least try it!

on 10/17/2012 7:47:00 PM

I actually really like this! I usually don't go for drugstore face makeup because I have very sensitive skin, but this was very nice! I received this in a sample in light, and decided to try it out. I do suggest you get a shade lighter than your actual skin tone because this does turn a lot darker when you blend it in. The light shade is perfect for my slighty olive undertones! The finish is wonderful as well. It is very similar, perhaps even a dupe, for the UD Naked Skin Foundation for a fraction of the price. The only downsides I see is that there are few shades to choose from, and due to a recent reaction my skin is quite dry and this seems to highlight a couple of patches. But when my skin returns to its normal oily self, I plan on using this much more.

on 10/17/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I had not tried a drugstore/mainline brand of foundation in YEARS until this product. I received a free tube through my job and at first I wasn't sure, but now I am hooked!! I am an NC20 in MAC and the original tube of BB I got was Medium. It was definitely too dark for me, but being it was summertime, I gave it a chance. It warmed up my complexion in just the right way. When it was time for me to repurchase, I tried a sample of the Light, which I still found to be too dark and orangey, but I still liked the finish. So I finally repurchased in Fair and it matches perfectly. This product gives a nice light to medium (when layered a bit) coverage and has a velvety-looking finish. The texture at first is very strange and gritty, but I just warm it on my fingers first to melt the beads and it's fine! The shades they offer aren't the greatest, but I use a finishing powder, concealer and of course blush, bronzer, etc so it isn't a huge issue. I have found that my original tube had a more liquidy consistency whereas the newest tube I purchased is a thicker cream, but it all ends up the same once it's on. I wore a professional foundation the other day and wondered why I looked so bad and remembered that I wasn't wearing my BB! That's what did it for me. Overall I absolutely LOVE this stuff and for 1/4 the price that I'm used to paying, I'll take it!!

on 10/15/2012 8:58:00 PM

I was initially happy to find that L'Oreal made this BB Cream, as they usually have a generally good quality product for reasonable prices, but I was quickly disappointed! Despite coming out the the tube a pearly white color that was to match my light skin, it was incredibly orangey (unnatural color) when I put it on my face - even with a tan it wouldn't have looked right. It also seemed to accentuate dryness and I just couldn't get the color to blend well at all. This may still be a good product for some, but I would caution anyone with fair or light skin tones that it likely won't color match at all.

on 10/14/2012 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second tube of this in the Light version. It has performed well with everyday use through Texas heat and recent high humidity. Will keep using until I'm ready to experiment again.

I use Oil of Olay Complete for Oily/Combination skin under it; which I think helps with keeping oiliness under control.

on 10/12/2012 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

wow, what's up with every makeup/skin care brand releasing BB creams these days??

anyways, i received a sample of this at a fashion event and to be honest im so glad i did. l'oreal is super expensive where i live and i never would have tried this otherwise as a tube costs around $30 nzd, um, no thanks! but this stuff is amazing! i got mine in the shade medium, it's one of those smart shade things where the liquid comes out white but as you rub it in it adjusts to your skin colour. to be honest the experience of rubbing this into my skin is kinda weird since i can really feel the beads. it's almost like exfoliating, but maybe not as harsh. the coverage it gives is medium at best but that's all i need since my skin's been behaving lately. i dont think it has any spf so it's my perfect night-time foundation where i want a bit of coverage but dont want a mask on. i probably would repurchase if it goes on sale. good product nevertheless!

on 10/10/2012 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is PERFECT for those days that you just wanna wear mascara and have a natural look...I have fair and it's wonderful! It doesn't make your skin oily and messy like others I've tried. The darker shades will make you orange so if youre lighter definitely go with fair. Over time it improves quality of skin and when you put it on you just look so healthy. The texture is indeed not the best...if you can get past that it's great
I recommend this and a light powder over the top for staying power

on 10/10/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Purchased Fair and LOVE the way it looks on my skin, initially. BUT, over time it seems to dry out and accentuate dry patches--my skin feels tight and dry. (This is AFTER I layer on antioxident serum and sunscreen first.)
Not the best for dry skin. I love the light coverage; just wish it were more moisturizing.

on 10/9/2012 11:17:00 PM

I agree with some of the other reviewers about the texture of this BB cream. I chose the Fair shade and the consistency and colour is just not for my skin at all. Blotches of orange & dry looking patches and it was hard to rub in and blend. It provided my skin without any kind of coverage at all, in fact, if anything Id say it made my skin look worse!
Ive resorted to using it on my neck and chest to not waste it.

on 10/8/2012 6:02:00 PM

I am on the fence with this BB cream. I like the finish and the color match is decent. However, I really really do not like those beads. I do not know I find them a little irritating to the skin. Another thing is that for some reason all Western BB creams have no coverage at all. My Asian ones all have around a Medium coverage, and this thing has a light coverage at best. Still need to use it more before I consider repurchasing or tossing this away,