July 28, 2014 | 2063 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shocking myself, I really like this product. I'm around NC25/30 depending on the season, and the Medium tone works with my skin well.

At first, it appears pink on the skin, but that quickly settles. It isn't a ton of coverage, but it seems to be the same I would get from Benefit's HF powder or Bare Minerals.

And get this -- it did not get oily at all after nine hours of work. Usually I'm blotting down my face and pulling out my cleansing wipes at the end of work.

If I were to go with a BB cream again, I'd probably choose this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Vywinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB cream I tried and I'm surprised that I like it so much. I usually opt for a medium coverage foundation, lately it's been the revlon colorstay whipped foundation. I have extremely oily skin and acne scars on the side of my cheek so I never thought that BB creams would really work for me. I tried this after hearing a rave review on it from one of my favorite youtube gurus. I apply one layer of this over my whole face and then add concealer on my problem areas, add a little MAC msf and I'm done! It evens out my skintone and gives a natural finish to my skin. I do need to blot in the middle of my work day, but nothing major. This is great for the work day or on a casual outing. I will stick with my revlon foundation for nights out and such, but this is still a great find in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I used the Magic BB in Light, which was too deep and orangey for my skintone (MAC NC20). Light might work better for a MAC 35-40? Did not like the way my skin felt drawn and like there was something very artificial going on. Does give a flawless finish, though a bit too matte for my preference. I'll go back to my previous foundations, TMs, and Vitazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MamaJ9

I hope this isn't premature to be reviewing, since I've only had this product a day, but I am very pleased! I hate foundation, but feel like my skin is too uneven to go without. I've been hunting for an alternative, and have tried tinted moisturizers without success. I have combination skin, sensitivity, and acne. I want coverage of my blemishes but I don't want to irritate my skin or look overly made up. I also am very fair and it's hard to find any face product that doesn't look unnatural on me.
Anyway, I bought this product because it had pretty good reviews, and it was cheaper than the other options I looked into ($8 at Walmart and I had a coupon for $2 off). I tried it out this morning, and at first was put off by the white stuff - but it quickly blended into my skin and looked fine. The tube is quite small but a little seemed to go a long way. It didn't dry too fast, I had time to spread it evenly. I had put a little concealer on some blemishes before I applied, and then I set it with Hard Candy Welcome Matte. There was no smell, which was a bonus, and the finish was smooth and matte before I even put on any powder.
It is now afternoon, and I've been wearing this for over 6 hours. It hasn't budged. The color is lovely and matches my skin perfectly. Coverage is surprisingly good, but I don't feel like I'm wearing heavy makeup. The finish is still pretty matte, though my forehead is starting to have a slight sheen (I have a pretty oily forehead! I guess I should keep blotting papers in my bag). Overall I'm really pleased with this. I will update after a few days of use if there are any problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by WindowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a surprise, being white and gritty at first then turning to my shade. And don't get me wrong it's really neat and I loved it, until I had a sensitive day with my face and it seemed to burn, idk why just did. But I wasn't too thrilled with the coverage very sheer, and seemed to make my face dry looking...and saddly I did not feel my skin was getting moisture from this at all. So it is out of the three of the "MAIN STREAM" BBcreams out there now, Loreal, Maybelline, and Garnier, this one is my second least favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by PicturePerfect0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't feel like this brand was for me. It was hard to apply and to glittery for my liking. It also cause me it breakout, it had given me small annoying tiny bumps over my face.
I haven't tried many BB Creams but this was my least favorite of all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sovay

I am fair to light skinned with freckles. Bought the "light" version first, which was WAY too dark and orange tinged. Then I bought the "fair" version, which is a much better match. The pigment microbeads caught me off guard, as this was my first BB cream, but if you gently massage the cream on your face, the pigment appears and then spreads nicely. I was pretty impressed with the coverage, most of my light rosacea was covered with one thin application. I can use this with foundation or with light powder. I like that is doesn't have SPF, as I find that irritating. A great everyday timesaving product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by crystelle07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting to try a BB Cream for a good while now. I had received a free sample in the mail from L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier in Light. Instantly, I fell in love with how it left my skin. It has tiny micro beads that blend into your skin. The cream is a little watery and also a white-greyish color. I found that it lasts all day and even helps my makeup stay on longer. I recommend this BB Cream, it has made my face look flawless without a lot of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ornotsomething

I have used MakeupAlley to read up on products before making purchases for years, but have not been moved to make an account until I bought this product.
I like so many things about it that I had to make an account just to review it.

I should start by saying that I don't put drugstore foundations or TMs on my skin. I don't like that you can't color-match, and I want quality products going on my face. Ive used the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for about a year, but I don't love it. I've found Clinique's pressed powders to be the best for me (besides Dior, and it still looks kind of odd on my skin, for the price)- so I've all but given up on finding a product that really works with my skin. Occasionally I try a pressed powder, but they always end up in the garbage.
After watching a few YouTube videos of people reviewing BB creams, and showing side-by-side comparisons, and seeing their skin with this particular product on, I decided that I was willing to throw away $10 to see what the L'Oreal BB cream looked and wore like. After reading MUA reviews I was expecting something shimmery and orangey. I like very natural makeup, so I thought I'd hate it, but I really just wanted to see the beads burst/color change.

My skin is combination, but very oily across the nose. My face itself has a lot of red in it, but my skin on general has a lot of yellow, and I'm mixed, so I'm very light brown, but am often more well-matched to products for White skin than anything else.

I bought the Medium shade, and immediately opened the package and rubbed some into my hand. I was disappointed to see that it was VERY pink, even after some rubbing in, but it had a lovely, natural, semi-matte finish.
I was not surprised it was a bust (it's also nearly impossible to find a product that matches my skin tone well), an threw it back into my bag and went on with my evening. About half an hour later I looked at my hand again, and it looked flawless. The spot where I had applied the BB cream looked clear and even- and had dceloped to really match my skin tone (obviously it developed to a set color, but give it a while to do its thing). It was clearly diffusing light, but it wasn't thick or opaque like a foundation, nor was it sheer and dewy like a TM.

I was SO EXCITED to get home and try it on my face, despite concerns that the cheap ingredients might break me out.

I applied it, and set it with pressed powder, and I looked nice, but overdone.
The next day after work I decided to try it on again, and just set it with a translucent powder (the Tarte loose powder with Amazonian clay), and my skin has never looked better. I got so many compliments, and I absolutely loved the way it looked. I have a few freckles (that I love) and they weren't covered, but my skin tone was evened and I was glowing- but not in an artificial way. It looked like I just had really great skin.

My nose does shine through it- pretty quickly. It takes about an hour, but it doesn't make it break down/shift/settle like I'm used to (with literally every other product I've ever tried) an oil blotter and a little powder and I'm back to normal.

I have noticed one whitehead since I started using this product, but I made the mistake of falling asleep in it. I've also noticed that, even with Purity cleanser and some serious scrubbing, it takes washing my face twice to get this out of my skin.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. This is exactly the product I've been looking for, and Walgreen's isn't where I expected to find it. At 1/5 the price of Laura Mercier's TM I'm really impressed by the quality and performance, and I feel like I'm saving a lot of money.

In summary-
Pros:
Inexpensive
Lightweight
Long-wearing
Natural-looking
Not strongly-scented
Good for combination skin
Needs minimal other products to look goo
Non-greasy
Easy to apply

Cons:
Contains silicones
Hard to remove
Might clog pores
Limited color choices

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-purchased in the color fair.
-didn't turn orange
-didn't slip around my face (most liqued makeup does)
-didn't sting my eyes
-looked the same at the end of the day as my mineral makeup.(I am super oily) didn't keep me from being oily, didn't make it worse.
-lite covrage
UPDATE: I have been using this for over a week and my skin looks great. makeup stays put.