October 1, 2014 | 1699 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by YTHANNAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't comment on price or packaging as I got this as a sample -- and I won't be purchasing, so I don't really care how much it costs.

Like a few other reviewers have noted, it "self-adjusted" much too dark and orangey on my fair skin despite being the Light version. Whoever wrote "self tanner gone bad" described the look very accurately. It was so bad I wanted to scrub it off and start again, but I'd made the mistake of trying it out in the morning before a workday and had run out of time. Of course, the nasty colour just intensified under the fluorescent lights at the office :(

Worse, I could "feel" something on my skin all day. I don't like that sensation, that's precisely why I avoid foundation. And my face felt strangely warm to the touch -- I'm sure I'd have sensitivity issues with this product if I wore it for more than a day. Coverage was way less than most other BBs I've tried, and my regular concealer was much too light against the dark tone.

I will say that it did a decent job of oil control (and that's saying a lot with my super-oily skin), but managed to make the less-oily areas look a bit dry and wizened -- NOT the appearance I'm aiming for!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product before going on vacation a few months ago. I didn't want to wear foundation, but I do hate going without SOMETHING on my face, so I picked this up at CVS on sale and with a coupon AND extra bucks! (why i always try to buy my drugstore brands at cvs)...i actually ended up getting the product for free with all of the deals and coupons! woo hooo :)

Anyway!:

Packaging: I liked the tube, it was easy to let out only the amount of product you needed and it was thin and easy to pack

Texture/smell: It didn't have any type of distinctive smell, good or bad. The product itself caught me off guard. Its grainy, like sand, and it comes out white! I was taken aback, so I put some on my hand and watched as it seemed to change to my skin tone. Like magic...haha!

Wear/Coverage: I have oily skin and some acne scars/redness. It did cover more than some of my other BB creams, and it didnt make my face AS oily. It did not last long though, after just 2-3 hours, it looked like i definitely needed a touchup.

Overall: It is definitely more of a glorified tinted moisturizer, as someone else had mentioned, rather than a BB cream. Coverage was better than Garnier and Cover Girl that I had tried. No lasting power. I will not purchase again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Terrible. This is the first product I've had where I could not find any redeeming qualities. I wanted to like this product because I LOVE L'Oreal and love everything I have tried by them previously, however this BB cream was a fail. First off, there is no SPF. I thought I could overlook that just this once. I am light to medium and yellow toned, and I purchase this product in light. The first time I tried it, I used a sponge applicator and it seemed to apply fine, even a tad too light, because the sponge was probably absorbing most of the color. I tried it the next day by applying it with my fingers, and no kidding, it was oompa loompa orange and way too dark. It looked like spray tan gone wrong all over my face. So, if you want to go through the trouble and waste some of the product, you could get by using this with a sponge and probably be fine. But I recommend opting for Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB, because the color selection is much better and accurate, and it has much better coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Note- I dropped 2 lippies off because after using for a few weeks, this product now pills up on my skin and has started to make it itch...sigh. Now I wouldn't buy again.
All in all, I really like this product. I am super fair skinned and more of a Neutral skin tone that would lean to the cool side more than the warm side. I am also a true combination skin (very oily in the warm weather, normal to dry in the cool weather) and sensitive as well. I bought this product in shade Fair and at first, it was weird- both in application, as it was white with little beads, and then the color that developed. However, within 10 minutes, it truly had adjusted to match my skin perfectly. I like that it has primer properties, as I have some fine lines and my pores aren't as tight as they used to be, and that there is more coverage in this product than Maybelline's and Cover Girl's new BB creams. My skin looks smoother and much more even toned yet I don't feel any product on my skin. The rest of my makeup goes on smoother and lasts longer. This product only gets slightly oily in my t-zone and I just blot mid-day. I've only been using it for a week so I can't comment yet on the long term results. My only complaint (and why I only gave it 4 stars) is that there is no SPF, but I am using a powder with SPF to compensate. I would definitely repurchase this for the cooler weather but, without an SPF, this can't be my "go to" summer product".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by iamlizlemon

No no no. I did not like this product. I have this in the shade "Light" and light it ain't. At first, it's very liquidy and pale whitish-pink in color with little beads. I believe these beads hold the pigment because once you blend it onto your face, this thing turns terribly dark & orange! It was so dark that there was no way for me to work with it. I looked like an oompa loompa! Also, this is extremely heavy on the silicone -- you can definitely feel it as you apply it & even after when it's on your skin. If you like that, then great but I didn't. The coverage is pretty good for a tinted moisturizer (medium?). I imagine this would be a good option for darker skinned gals who find a hard time color matching BB creams & tinted moisturizers. For me, this was a huge swing & a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by innats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

to me it's ok.I won't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by AimeeT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a combo of oily/dry, sensitive skin. I'm allergic to SPF, and even some products with no SPF irritate my skin. So when I found out that this BB cream had no SPF, you could say I was insanely thrilled. Honestly, your level of satisfaction for this BB cream is going to depend on what you're looking for.

Positive:
-No SPF (woohoo!)
-Not TOO expensive
-Makes your skin look glowy, but not too glowy (you know what I mean)
-No powder needed, really! I only put a little powder on my T-zone just to make sure, since I got to school during the day and I don't want to have to worry that I look oily, so it's just a precaution. But if you have dry skin, I don't think you need powder at all! Your skin will look awesome, and i'm not just saying that. And even with oily skin, I don't think you'll need that much powder.

Negative
-I find it hard to see a difference on my skin right away when I'm applying it, since the color shows up afterwards, so it's hard to tell sometimes if I put on too much or not. But this isn't really a big problem. Just give it a little time for the product to blend in with your face.
-Sparkles. After you spread it on your face, you'll see that your face has some sparkles on it. Honestly, it's not really that noticeable, except like REALLY up close. At first, I was a little skeptical, but it ended up giving my face a nice glow and illuminated my face! But if you REALLY have a problem with a little bit of sparkle, then I don't recommend this for you.
-Very light to no coverage. The one thing this product is probably for is to make your skin look nicer, more glowy, and not cover up. I don't have a lot of acne at all, but this doesn't even cover the little acne that I do have. It does however cover up most of my redness. I have to put a little concealer on afterwards. Which is a little disappointing, if you compare it to the asian BB creams. But i'll take what I can get.

I'm naturally tan, and I don't think my skin tone is that deep, but the darkest shade of this BB cream was just right for my skin tone.

If you're looking for more of a glow, to cover a little redness, and some small acne scars, this product is for you! The acne probably will need a little bit of concealer to cover up, but other than that, it's really good! After I wore it, my friends definitely didn't notice my redness anymore. Really natural looking

I wouldn't buy this product if you have quite a bit of acne, or looking for more coverage, and don't like sparkles.

I'm absolutely thrilled that this product has no SPF. It is literally the only product I've seen in a long time with no SPF.

And as for people with sensitive skin, I had no problems with the product. Maybe the first time you put it on, you may feel a little wierd. Either that or it's just paranoia. It happened to me too when I first put it on, but the second time, it was definitely okay. I would suggest, if you have sensitive skin or are testing this product for the first time, to put it on the night before you're planning to wear it for the whole day. Put it on your face as if you were going out and leave it on for a bit before washing it off, just so you can get a feel for it. And in the morning, make sure to give yourself some extra time so that if you're still not satisfied, you can wash it off, or if you decide to keep it on, so that it has time to even out with your skin color. It doesn't take that long, but trust me, it will probably take you longer than usual to apply when using it the first time. Especially if you're being cautious and don't want to put to much on.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Moenique

I like the product because it doesn't contain any additional SPF (irritating to my skin). It performed great this past summer, didn't budge through the heat and humidity, but moving into winter am thinking my skin might need some extra moisture. Am medium complected and bought the "fair" color - can definitely see where some might consider it "orangey" but for me it blended well when I already had a little color from the sun.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I used the sample I received (Light). It didn't do anything at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shocking myself, I really like this product. I'm around NC25/30 depending on the season, and the Medium tone works with my skin well.

At first, it appears pink on the skin, but that quickly settles. It isn't a ton of coverage, but it seems to be the same I would get from Benefit's HF powder or Bare Minerals.

And get this -- it did not get oily at all after nine hours of work. Usually I'm blotting down my face and pulling out my cleansing wipes at the end of work.

If I were to go with a BB cream again, I'd probably choose this.