April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by amelia02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have terrible acne and my acne medicine makes my skin dry so when i put any makeup on my face it makes my face look dry, but the bb cream gives me a nice coverage and it doesn't make my face look dry or over shiny. And also to everybody who says its like a primer, IT IS!! It says it on the package. It says it PRIMES! Just saying....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jblazel

I had high hopes for this as I have oily skin and other reviewers said this was a good BB for those of us with oily skin. It did nothing for my complexion, I don't think it made me look even slightly better, maybe worse in a dull/chalky/weird way. I tried light and fair and a combo of both and nothing worked. It was more matte than Garnier but I get a ton of compliments on my skin when I wear the Garnier. That leaves me a little more dewy than I prefer though. Maybe Garnier for the winter months and wait for another new BB I can afford to try? Very disappointed with this though and now have 2 tubes of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shade 'fair' for my complexion (for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1.0, Bourjois 51 Vanille Clair, Revlon Colorstay in Buff, Vichy Dermablend in Opal, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Ivory Rose, NARS Deauville, and Revlon PhotoReady in Vanilla). This BB cream was a disastrous match as it turns into a very dark pinky-orange greasy shimmery mess. I was shocked, but had to laugh too. This instantly went back as I paid over $17 (Canadian) for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by pattyinop

I have to agree this is probably not a true BB cream, and yes it's weird with it's little beads and how it's white before you apply... but the instant you smooth it on, it transforms to a light, silky finish. I have tried a couple other DS BB creams, and this one is by far the best I've tried. I don't care what you call it! I really like how weightless this feels on my skin. Garnier left me feeling greasy and had a heavy fragrance, which this does not. Gives a very even, but lightweight coverage. I have the medium shade, and it looks very natural with my lightly tanned skin. There's not much spf, but if I want sunscreen, I don't rely on my makeup for it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedChik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually like this one better than the Maybelline BB cream, I love how its white at first and then blends with your natural skin tone, And it covers good as well. I will definetly be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This stuff is weird. It's gritty. It comes out of the tube as white and when you rub it together the grittiness dissolves and you can see the color. It's also thinner than most BB Creams. I don't need a lot of coverage, so I don't mind that part, but it's just too weird for me to repurchase it. It reminds me of those lipsticks that are supposed to turn the right color pink for each person. Thanks, I'll pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because of all the hype over BB Creams, I finally had to try one for myself to see what the hype was all about, so I chose this one. I purchased mine in the shade they list as Light, and have been using it daily for approximately three weeks. I am LOVING this product so much, although I think I am using mine in a different way then most. I apply this on as a primer (for lack of a better word), and have been receiving the following results.

A. Goes on flawless (beautiful color match for my skin
B. Evens my skin out perfectly. Where I'm red on my cheeks, I
simply apply a bit more product, which covers redness beautifully.
C. No cakey or heavy feeling at all. Is not blotchy.
D. Works fantastic with my air brush makeup (Air Mineral). My
makeup glides on over this leaving a truly "poreless" finish
E. My makeup does not become greasy (I have oily skin), nor
does it fade the least bit during a whole day of wear.

I have even been wearing this just by itself with a bit of blush, and it is fantastic by itself! I am very, very pleased with this BB cream.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been generally disappointed with the American BB creams, mainly because I expected them to be more like those I discovered last summer in Japan, where a late-night trip to 7-11 in any city presented shopping opportunities, with anywhere from three to a half-dozen brands of these little wonders. I even brought two back with me and still use them sparingly. (I recently discovered that one of them, which I actually bought from 7-11, is made by Missha) I find these to have good coverage, a nice finish, and versatility with pale skin tones. They feel like a treatment on the skin but look like a foundation, work without finishing powder in a pinch, and have adequate sun protection.
So naturally I was elated when the BB craze hit the states. I couldn’t wait to try Clinique’s new version this past spring. But a quick test at the counter dampened that enthusiasm pretty quickly; the lightest color was way too dark for me and the coverage seemed non-existent. The finish was also unflattering. Two of the other American versions I've since tried, by Cover Girl and Maybelline, didn’t change my luck either.
L’oreal’s new BB cream is a different beast altogether, not looking or feeling like any BB cream I’ve seen on either side of the planet! I still can’t figure out what this stuff really is; I couldn’t agree more with the reviewer below who said it was much more of a primer than anything else. These were my exact thoughts when I tried it recently for the second time--and the only thing that saved it from being thrown away or returned to the store. The first time I tried it, I was like, “wtf!” It was this white, gritty cream that looked greasy and had a weird finish and little if any coverage; I was so displeased. Then recently I decided to try it one more time, and it occurred to me that it might just work as a primer. It evened out and slightly mattified my skin, so I decided to wear my Sephora pressed mineral foundation over it and was surprised by the results. The powder foundation went on more smoothly and evenly, and lasted for hours longer than usual in the Texas heat and humidity. The cream did turn from white to a color more like my skin tone but was still kind of a weird grayish color, though foundation seemed to make the grey disappear. (the Missha bb cream I have is a slightly greyish beige but blends out nicely to match my skin, so I guess that’s the goal of L’oreal’s product)
While I’m still disappointed in what the American market has offered in BB Creams, this product might avoid going to waste after all. Still, a product’s intended uses should either be implied in the name—or stated in the package information. I think this product fails on both fronts. I’m going to try this again and will update if anything changes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by MorgNLils

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, sensative skin and have a hard time finding makeup that will cover the redness without making my flaky skin noticable. This was the product I have been looking for! I love the 'beauty beads' in this makeup. It almost makes it feel like a creamy face scrub. This makeup also adjusted to my skin tone very well and covered up all of the redness that comes with having sensative skin. It makes my skin so soft and does not look or feel greasy like most foundations. I would totally recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by allens2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. If you want a BB cream lots of better products out there. I think the hype that it adjusts to your skin tone is just that - hype. It's not nearly as moisturizing as Smashbox BB cream but I lean towards more natural looking coverage rather than traditional foundations that just look to matt and artificial on older skin. Also I didn't really like working with applying to skin.