L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 10/22/2012 12:49:00 PM

Now, I am a very picky person. I am also very analytical. But, have to say, I have been VERY satisfied with this product. Being negative by nature, I will begin my review with the negatives. The tube is small, I wish that it came in a much larger, more standard sized tube so there was more of it before you had to go by more. HOWEVER, a little does go a long way with this, so it has lasted me longer than I expected. Also, when applied, it feels somewhat scratchy on my skin. Oddly enough though, it doesn't dry my skin out--and my skin dries out very easily. I had tried Proactiv's tinted moisturizer before and it dried my skin out horribly. Flakes of my skin would come off. This BB cream has not dried my skin out at all! Those are my two negative comments about this product, and they are very minor negatives compared to the success that I have seen with it. I have actually never written a review before, and this product made me so satisfied that I actually felt compelled to write a review about it. First, I had tried Garnier's BB cream and it was a complete FAIL. Its packaging looks messy and untrustworthy. It has an awful, disgusting, putrid chemical smell that made me feel like I was polluting my pores. It was gloppy and thick and went on and sat there like a mask of mud. My face was gross and shiny. I hated Garnier's BB cream. So, I tried this L'Oreal BB cream, hoping for different results. First, it is reasonably priced. Not like some expensive crap from Macy's that's $30 and doesn't do anything. It is conviently in drugstores and Wal-mart and around $8 if I remember correctly. It does not have a smell and it is nice and thin. It evens out very well over my face and gives me a natural look. It doesn't make my skin shine or look nasty orange, it matches my skin tone very well. I don't even wear any makeup over this BB cream except for spot-concealors over little problem areas. Otherwise, people have commented on how my skin looks good and my mom has been convinced that I haven't been wearing makeup when I have this on. It looks completely natural and it doesn't weigh my skin down. I am very acne-prone and my skin breaks out from the slightest thing including kinds of makeup, moisturizers, creams, and sweating. My skin has not flared up with this product. I don't want to be presumptuous but I might even say that my acne may have improved since using this. It might just be because I've stopped using those other products that were triggering my acne and this product does not trigger my acne..who knows. I absolutely love it and I plan on using it for the rest of my life.

on 10/20/2012 11:05:00 PM

i love this product. it is the perfect amount of coverage for me. if you are trying to cover acne or major blemishes you will have to use councilor as well, but it give a nice even base and reduces any redness. i don't mind the "gritty" feeling that many people talk about. it never leaves the "makeupy" feeling on my face either which i love

on 10/20/2012 12:01:00 PM

I can't decide how I feel about this product. I love the way it feels on my skin. I got "light", and it blends in really beautifully with a nice matte finish. I had been using Boscia BB cream before this, which looks really greasy on my skin, so I do prefer the finish of this product. But, it turns really orange. It's not awful on me, because I still have some gold left in my skin from my summer tan, but I don't think it would look good if I were any paler. Also, it may or may not have been causing breakouts. I don't think I'll continue using it to find out.

on 10/20/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I gave this a try at the recommendation of a friend and I am really pleased. I swatched the the "light" shade both on my hand and on my jawline, and it was too dark so I went with the "fair" shade. I like this for those days when I am tired, busy, or in a rush and don't have time to do a full routine. Blend a bit of this in, a couple coats of mascara, and a dab of lip balm and in less than 5 minutes I am ready to go. The coverage is sheer to light, so it wont cover any major problems, but it will even out the skin and give you a nice dewy look.

on 10/17/2012 9:18:00 PM

I only really began wearing makeup when I started college and soon found that liquid foundation made my skin explode. I hate the look of visible makeup on your face so I decided to try a BB cream/tinted moisturizer. The L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream gives me just enough coverage to mask uneven skin tone and some dark spots from acne scarring. Although, my skin does become shiny after a couple hours even with it set with a translucent powder. Biggest thing is that it hasn't broken me out at all! I love that it feels light, covers, and doesn't make my face a pizza. Definitely will be buying this again and would tell anyone to at least try it!

on 10/17/2012 7:47:00 PM

I actually really like this! I usually don't go for drugstore face makeup because I have very sensitive skin, but this was very nice! I received this in a sample in light, and decided to try it out. I do suggest you get a shade lighter than your actual skin tone because this does turn a lot darker when you blend it in. The light shade is perfect for my slighty olive undertones! The finish is wonderful as well. It is very similar, perhaps even a dupe, for the UD Naked Skin Foundation for a fraction of the price. The only downsides I see is that there are few shades to choose from, and due to a recent reaction my skin is quite dry and this seems to highlight a couple of patches. But when my skin returns to its normal oily self, I plan on using this much more.

on 10/17/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I had not tried a drugstore/mainline brand of foundation in YEARS until this product. I received a free tube through my job and at first I wasn't sure, but now I am hooked!! I am an NC20 in MAC and the original tube of BB I got was Medium. It was definitely too dark for me, but being it was summertime, I gave it a chance. It warmed up my complexion in just the right way. When it was time for me to repurchase, I tried a sample of the Light, which I still found to be too dark and orangey, but I still liked the finish. So I finally repurchased in Fair and it matches perfectly. This product gives a nice light to medium (when layered a bit) coverage and has a velvety-looking finish. The texture at first is very strange and gritty, but I just warm it on my fingers first to melt the beads and it's fine! The shades they offer aren't the greatest, but I use a finishing powder, concealer and of course blush, bronzer, etc so it isn't a huge issue. I have found that my original tube had a more liquidy consistency whereas the newest tube I purchased is a thicker cream, but it all ends up the same once it's on. I wore a professional foundation the other day and wondered why I looked so bad and remembered that I wasn't wearing my BB! That's what did it for me. Overall I absolutely LOVE this stuff and for 1/4 the price that I'm used to paying, I'll take it!!

on 10/15/2012 8:58:00 PM

I was initially happy to find that L'Oreal made this BB Cream, as they usually have a generally good quality product for reasonable prices, but I was quickly disappointed! Despite coming out the the tube a pearly white color that was to match my light skin, it was incredibly orangey (unnatural color) when I put it on my face - even with a tan it wouldn't have looked right. It also seemed to accentuate dryness and I just couldn't get the color to blend well at all. This may still be a good product for some, but I would caution anyone with fair or light skin tones that it likely won't color match at all.

on 10/14/2012 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second tube of this in the Light version. It has performed well with everyday use through Texas heat and recent high humidity. Will keep using until I'm ready to experiment again.

I use Oil of Olay Complete for Oily/Combination skin under it; which I think helps with keeping oiliness under control.

on 10/12/2012 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

wow, what's up with every makeup/skin care brand releasing BB creams these days??

anyways, i received a sample of this at a fashion event and to be honest im so glad i did. l'oreal is super expensive where i live and i never would have tried this otherwise as a tube costs around $30 nzd, um, no thanks! but this stuff is amazing! i got mine in the shade medium, it's one of those smart shade things where the liquid comes out white but as you rub it in it adjusts to your skin colour. to be honest the experience of rubbing this into my skin is kinda weird since i can really feel the beads. it's almost like exfoliating, but maybe not as harsh. the coverage it gives is medium at best but that's all i need since my skin's been behaving lately. i dont think it has any spf so it's my perfect night-time foundation where i want a bit of coverage but dont want a mask on. i probably would repurchase if it goes on sale. good product nevertheless!