April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by HannahBlock21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this BB cream would be my newest obsession when I bought it, but the first time I put it on my face, I knew I was mistaken. Maybe my disappointment was triggered by the fact that the color was definitely wrong for me. But anyways, when I apply this, I feel like I'm basically putting oil on my face. Will not be repurchasing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Brittag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I initially was unimpressed with this product, but after an overhaul in my skin care and make up routine, I've come to love it. Reasons why I didn't originally like it: I used to use mineral powder which did NOT layer well with this (felt cakey and heavy), and it felt oily. It lived in a drawer for awhile, during which time I realized that my mineral powder was breaking me out, and I simplified my skin care routine. My skin is still oily but is much more balanced, and I'm now free of that hyper oily/dehydrated skin cycle.

In the morning, I wash my face with an all natural, non soap cleanser, pat dry, and apply this BB cream. I use MUFE full cover concealer to cover blemishes and hyper pigmentation, then I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte powder (in whatever the lightest color is). I've been using this everyday for about 4-6 weeks, and I love it!

PROS:
- This comes in FAIR, not just light. Most BB creams are too dark for me.
- It has coverage comparable to a light foundation, and looks fresh and light. I'd rather use a full coverage concealer only where needed.
- For me, it takes the place of a moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation.
- Affordable/accessible.
- Doesn't seem to aggravate break outs.
- I like the tube packaging (hygienic, non wasteful, and not bulky).
- Doesn't make oily skin worse.
- SPF 30.

CONS:
- I don't really think that anything is wrong with this product as is. I think it is a good value. The perfect BB cream would do everything on my pros list, as well as control oil all day while still providing moisture, reduce pore size, have SPF 50, match my skin tone absolutely perfectly, over antioxidant/anti aging benefits, as well as being all natural. But the thing is, this product doesn't do anything wrong, and after trying what feels like a billion things that are too expensive, too dark/orange, cause break outs, aggravate oil, don't have sunscreen, are greasy, or don't layer well, it's just nice to have something that doesn't cause more problems than it fixes!

I am planning on putting this to the test by giving it precious space in my 3-1-1 bag on a month long trip to Europe. I'll update then!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this BB cream in the color Light/medium. At first I thought the color would be too light but after a couple of minutes it does oxidize a little darker and looked just right. I have pretty dry skin so this cream is wonderful for me, although I prefer a more matte look so I set it with a powder. I think for being an American drugstore BB cream this one's lasting power is pretty darn good! Although I agree with the majority that it does not do what it "claims" (which is why I gave it 4 stars), it is still a nice tinted moisturizer for most days when I don't want full coverage or the heaviness that goes along with it. I foresee running out of this in the near future due to hot Florida weather and I will definitely be repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lucky10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love love this bb cream! I have dry skin and it gives me a nice dewy finish. I can see how this would not work for people with oily skin though. The coverage is very light. Some people say it is as light as a tinted moisturizer however I disagree. I think the coverage of this is between a tinted moisturizer and a light coverage foundation. This bb cream leaves the skin feeling so smooth and soft. I love it!
Oh by the way I do not set it with a powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by SleepPrincess

I really had high expectations when i purchased this product, as Maybelline new york face products generally work well on my face.
However, this BB cream is watery and makes your entire face oily.
The consistency is terrible, it actually leaked through the cap and ruined a whole makeup bag :(
though it states it is oil free it makes your skin appear oily and "sweaty."
The packaging, as i stated before, does not stop the thin BB cream from coming out of the lid and it tends to puddle in the lid and make a large mess when you open it.
Please save your money and purchase a better BB cream, as this one is terrible.
x

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kelzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this BB cream so I'm sad that it's not for me.

Colour is GREAT, more BB creams should make a fair/pale colour cause this is the only one that was light enough for me.

Other than that, it's awful. Says oil free but it left my skin so shiny and oily every day I used it. And the worst thing is it doesn't blend well with makeup. I use other bb creams as a base/primer and they work well with makeup and look flawless, with this my makeup ended up blotchy and patchy.

Would not recommend at all.

Also disappointed in the price, I think it's on the expensive side of bb creams tbh. Garnier is like $13 compared to this at $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by acbetz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, this is a very nice bb cream. It evened out my skin tone, and with the right powder, stayed matte all day! The only flaw was that I have extremely fair skin, so even the lightest shade was too dark! I will repurchase this again, but only in the summer when the shade matches.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This BB cream was just like a TM it did not provide very much coverage and i did not feel it was hydrating or blurred imperfections.I did not like the packaging either i don't know if i got a bad one but when i took of the cap the product stared pouring out which wasted a lot of it. This would be good for someone who has skin that just needs evening out and brightening up and hiding minor redness but if you have acne, acne scars, or dark spots i do not recommend this to you. (i don't have any acne or acne scars or dark spots i just have redness that this did not cover)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Killviolet13

This BB cream is not meant for sensitive skin. I have combo and sensitive skin. I loved the coverage but it gave me a hardcore breakout. Its not buildable.. But, I mean it is meant for a natural look. So its was not made to be caked on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I own 2 BB creams, this one and the Garnier one. I remember bought this one, because the Garnier one made me break out.

- Well, let's start off with the cute design. I like the packagain of this product. I really like it. But the product it self, I'm defintly not a fan of. I think you should have almost perfect skin or at least use a concealer with this, or else you wouldn't get covarage at all. My skin looks better before I apply this. It doesn't cover anything for me, it just make my skin red.