October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought into the hype....really wanted to love these. Got them on sale for 4.99 (which is a really good price up here in Canada). I knew that I would have to reapply , lip butter, not a problem. Why oh why are my lips peeling? Seems like the more I reapply, the drier my lips get. Now I need a lip scrubber to get rid of the flakes Won't repurchase, probably won't use what I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Savvy4

Like MOST people reviewing... I cannot get enough of this product. I currently own: Peach parfait- Pretty coral color, Pink Truffle- Pink with a warm brown undertone, Berry Smoothie- Pink/Purple color, and Red velvet- Deep rich red color. All of the shades I purchased seem to be very different. I feel like I can wear any of them with any sort of look. All of them are so smooth and wear just like a balm with a punch of color and a little gloss. They last a very long time...For reference: I am a teacher so I am constantly talking and drinking water all day- I find that this lip product will stay on for most of the day without reapplying. I want to go out and buy MORE. lol. I just love these so much and I am SO happy that they are apart of the perm. collection for revlon because I will totally continue to buy these and use them everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The name of this "Lip Butter" is #001 Pink Truffle. It is a sublime neutral as it's a browned rose. I reviewed a neutral Chanel called Bel Ami 66 and raved about the texture, neutrality of color, the mechanism and the "click" of the cap. It is also a narrower tube/barrel which helps to shape the lips. I also commented on it's wearability being especially good for a sheer lipstick as after the formula wore off you still were left with it's "stain." I also said it was rediculously expensive, but worth every penny. Well, that was reviewed before I stumbled upon this Revlon "Beauty." This has an identical barrel size and a similar mechanism. The formulas are also too similar for words and it also wears well after the formula disapates and the "stain" is left behind. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this Revlon has more in common with the Chanel than any other comparison I've ever reached. It's as if they are the exact same lipstick, but the Brand is different on each outer tube. The design being somewhat different also. You might be ready to ask which is the better of the two and I would not be able to answer that as they are the same in more ways then they are different. I Kid You Not!!! The Chanel is some $30.00+ and the Revlon is less than 7 bucks in Walmart!!!! I could not initially wrap my head around this one as I think I like the Revlon better.and that's just crazy to me. It also says alot about this Revlon Lip Color Butter. It's obscenely Fabulous in that it equals or betters the Chanel. Run, do not walk, but Run to Walmart and get this formula and color. It can't even be beat by Chanel. I am speechless and have no further words on the subject...

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Christyshe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"Emma Stones is wearing Peach Parfait" I was hooked on the nice peachy color on her photograph by Revlon. But its totally not the same as it shown! Too much of tiny gold shimmer on it & when I put on my lips the shimmer seems like a glitter. Its annoy me when the glitter flake out of the lips make it so hard to remove. Packaging is not friendly-user too; hard to pull off. Overall, beside its moisturizing formula nothing else to comment.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by TheScienceOfChic

I feel like these are really overhyped. I've bought two (Strawberry Shortcake and Tutti Fruitti) and I don't like either. The only thing about this product that I like is that the packaging is adorable and since each top is the color of the lip butter you don't have to guess at which one you're picking up. I didn't get any amazing moisture out of either of these (which is what this product is supposed to deliver, right? In fact they irritated or dried out my lips more) and both shades had different characteristics about them that were negative as well.
Strawberry Shortcake is a cute baby pink color. This one actually went on pretty smoothly in the beginning, but now (about 4 months later) I think the formula has changed and it drags more. I know that these aren't supposed to have a whole bunch of pigmentation, but the pigmentation on this looked patchy and grainy plus what color/product there was on my lips wore off incredibly fast. The initial feeling after putting this one on was that is was a little moisturizing which went away pretty quickly. The texture of this also had that grainy feeling to it which I didn't find pleasant.
Tutti Fruitti is this orange punch color which I really like so it disappoints me that this product performed so poorly. This one has a bit of a waxy texture to it which a) provides NO feeling of moisturizaition and b) makes application harder than it should be since it doesn't glide. The color stays longer on this one than Strawberry Short cake and doesn't have a grainy texture or appearance but I don't exactly want that with a product that feels like it's drying out my lips.
Another thing that these two share is that (at least with me) when I retract them some of the product scrapes off of the side and I get a lot of buildup on the opening of the tube. I've also noticed that the lip butters have actually rotated clockwise in the tubes which leads me to believe that they aren't securely attached to the base.
I think that these are a huge gimmick since they don't work for me at all. I also think that they're overpriced (as pretty much all Revlon products are) seeing as how they are a product that doesn't perform as the company says they should.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Armywife25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the new Revlon lip butters. I have Creme Brulee which is a perfect natural lip color(if a natural lip is preferred) Cherry Tart which is my favorite by far. Its the perfect shade of red and from what I've seen is universally flattering no matter your skin color. Tutti Frutti is a lovely shade of orange-ish..nice color for summer! I also just bought Cupcake and its not really my cup of tea as far as the color..Its too "pink" for me..Overall I give these lip butters a 20 out of a 10 star rating..These have proven to be a lot better than more expensive lip products I have used in the past/recently. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by PINKsinger101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these so much!! Def one of my fav lip products!! I own:

Berry Smoothie
Creme-Brulee
Sweet- Tart
Sugar Frosting

I love all of them so much!

Creme-Brulee is a really nice nude color..My go-to Nude lipstick is REVLON lipstick in icy nude...so i put this on before that and they're so perfect together!!

Berry Smoothie is the PERF berry color...i wear this one all the time just alone on my lips...sometimes Tarina Tarantino Lip glass in Fushia revolution over it.<3

Sugar Frosting is a very sheer light pale pink and i love it for that light sheer color on my lips with a nude eye. Someone who doesent love brights and loves lights..this is great!!:)

Sweet Tart is the ultimate bright pink color for someone who loves bold, bright lips!! You can also though only put on a tiny bit and make it a more passive pink as well.

I <3 the packaging becuase its just soo cute. Many people complain about the small area to grab...but really who cares? Its not like you cant open them. (Its much better than Urban Decay lipstick that have that freakein sword thing at the bottom. Yikes!) 100% recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I have 3 of these:

BERRY SMOOTHIE - lovely color but doesn't stay on for that long
SWEET TART: bright pink - really brightens up my fair skin
LOLLIPOP: The only one I'm not a huge fan of. Too bright for my liking and too fuschia. It was hard for me to tell what color it was in the store, due to poor lighting.

Overall, I would repurchase but I overpaid for them ($7-9C) so I will wait for a $5 sale to buy more, if I decide to.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Dakotaf13

I LOVE THESE. I didn't buy these expecting for them to be super moisturizing or anything, I bought them because I thought they were a neat concept and I wanted to try them out. I bought creme brulee and Gumdrop in my first purchase and I loved them both and went back to buy more.
Creme Brulee-I keep this one in my purse because it is a Nude, but it isn't super nude, it comes across as a gorgeous light brown on me and looks great with a sheer gloss over. It's no fuss!
Gumdrop-lilac purple color, looks great with a pink gloss, gives a super light pink look. Such a pretty color!! May look intimidating but I highly recommend this color.
Cotton Candy-No very much pigment with this one but it is a really subtle pretty pink. Looks great with the Revlon Lilac lipgloss on top, I wear those two together A LOT.
*Lollipop-Wasn't going to buy this one, it was buy 2 get one free and I just picked this one up because I couldn't make a decision. MY FAVORITE PINK SHADE I OWN. It is a super bright, pretty pink that has a purpleish sheen to it. I love this color so much and wear it often when I go out because it is bright and fun but not high maintenance like reds can be.
Tutti Frutti-I was really excited about this color but it isn't anything special. I was looking for a really really coral color, but this comes on pretty sheer and not quite the color I was looking for. I was aiming for something close to what Kitty wears in that 70's show...this did not fill that expectation. It's a nice color, just very sheer.
*Candy Apple-A really bright red without all the fuss! This with a simple gloss is a really simple, easy red lip. I worse this to my sister's rehearsal dinner for her wedding and got tons of compliments because it was bright but not over powering
*Red Velvet-I love this shade of red, it is really deep and really nice to wear with a simple eye because it can really pull a look together in no time. I have been looking for a good lipstick that is long lasting in this shade because I love the color so much and would love to own it in a Matte lipstick. Still on that hunt
I used an (*) to indicate the ones that flake easier than the others. The darker colors seem to flake a little bit on me and it can be annoying if it is unexpected. I suggest that you wipe off the color and reapply once you notice it starting to flake so that the flakes don't get back into the tube of lip butter and mess up the top layer.
I love these, I suggest everyone at least try them out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jenniferc328

I really like these, because the pigmentation is GREAT and comparable to department store lip butter. I have two colors, creme brulle, and cupcake. I love both, and would purchase more, but they are way too expensive for the amount given and the drugstore brand name. They are also a bit drying, but like I said, I just really like the colors. I also like how they're like a chapstick/balm/lipstick/gloss all combined into one.