July 22, 2014 | 1251 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2003 11:49:00 AM More reviews by maurfiend

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally! Along with my Origins Spot Remover, I finally have clear skin after a whole life's worth of teenage blemishes. Using both it only took about 4-5 wks to clear up new AND old blemishes- sorry but that is damn fast compared to yearssss of horrible popped pimple skin- i wish i had these sooner. I'm 22 so I'm still going through the perpetual pimple stage of my life where it just doesn't end, and you can see the whole stellar galaxy mapped out on my forehead. But after trying all those makeup counter glamour brands, I now have the only things I need in my survival kit. The only thing that happened over the winter was drying since these both have salycic acid but the Aveeno clear complexing moisturizer sure fixed that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2003 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this simply b/c I'm always trying new things, even though I already have what I consider to be my HG cleanser (L'Oreal Pure Zone Foaming Gel Cleanser for oily skin). This one comes out as a foam from a pump dispenser. Firstly, it's a LOT less dense foam than my previous foaming gel created, so I wasn't sure at how well it would cleanse. It did the job, surprisingly. Next, since I'm used to denser foam, I use two or three pumps (which still does not seem dense enough) per wash, but it does seem to cleanse the skin anyhow. I wear light coverage foundation, and it seems to clear it away nicely, and removes my eye makeup too (if you carefully massage it onto your eye area while having them tightly shut). I don't know if it's any better or worse in terms of complexion clearing since my skin is pretty good, but I will say that I haven't broken out using it. And a major point would be that it doesn't dry my skin out. My Pure Zone cleanser did dry my skin out sometimes, but never had that with this one. This seems to be a gentler, yet just as effective, cleanser for the same price. Not sure if I like it better than Pure Zone though, PZ has kept my skin impeccable for almost a year now. I'd still buy it again though if I felt like a change, and since it's not drying, I think I'll use it in the winter. (PZ is very drying in the winter, even for my super oily skin).
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2003 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ampm9397

I love this cleanser. I like the light foamy texture, which creates a lather once on my face. I don't wear much makeup, so I'm not sure how it does on makeup removal. I do admit that it hasn't prevented breakouts for me, but I didn't expect it to be a lifesaver with .5% salicylic acid. Even treatment with 2% doesn't clear my skin and will eventually irritatie it at that percentage anyway. Besides, how can you expect a cleanser to be a good acne fighter, when it just gets rinsed back off with water? I may try using the clear complexion lotion and see how they work together.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by navak

This worked pretty well, but I didn't notice a great difference in clearer skin. Sometimes my skin didn't feel clean enough after using it--like it didn't do a thorough job. It didn't break me out, though, so I gave it an average rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LaRue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This wash soothes my skin and doesn't dry. The pump dispenses the liquid into a puff of foam, one puff does my face, so I imagine this bottle will last a while. Best drugstore product in this category I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2003 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sleepyGgamer

I thought this would be a great cleanser to stop breakouts and get rid of my blemishes, especially since it got great reviews. It cleaned my face very well at first but my breakouts have not stopped, and my blemishes are still there. It also has fragrance which can cause breakouts and I think it might have stearates, another ingredient that causes breakouts. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 10:00:00 PM More reviews by krakow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another good cleanser for my oily skin. I been using it for a while and purchased toner to go with it.
Nice, not very drying a good alternative to my other cleansers since I have to change them when they don't work on my weird skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by peeblo

This is a great everyday cleanser for my oily skin, and well worth the price, but I will not repurchase. The pump dispenser has begun sticking so much that every pump I have to pull the dumb thing back up again. Maybe I'm just lazy, but this thing is bothersome enough I don't want to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by hooha

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is great. It is gentle yet effective. I combined it with the Positively Radiant moisturizer and my skin improved in a week. It doesn't strip your skin. No need for toner but I use some anyway as an additional acne-prevention step. The only thing I dislike is sometimes the pump sticks. However it dispenses the product in a foamy light-as-air manner which is great. Best results if you use your fingertips and massage gently into damp skin for 30 seconds- 1 minute to give the salycitic acid time to work. Appears to be my HG cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lgallagh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I stopped taking my pill, I unexpectedly experienced acne - bad - and I thought my acne days were over. I am so greatful for this product. I tried, at first once a day, and my acne was gone in two days. To prevent future break-outs, I am using it twice a day and using the moisturizer once a day.