December 18, 2014 | 1774 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lilcutezie

Well at first I luved this product because it made my face feeling fresh and clean! which it does do and didnt seem to irritate my face. what i didnt like tho was that it didnt help wit any of my minor acne at all. I mean even if i jus hav one or two blemishes they wont seem to go away wit aveeno :p (as opposed to clean and clear yayy haha) but yea this wash also left my face kinda shiny which is good so it seems to have life but my nose is already oily n shiny enough! so it didnt help wit that at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by roxygurl05

I really liked this cleanser until I noticed it was making my cheeks & forhead flake, I mean really FLAKE. But it did clean pretty good and the scent is enjoyable. Not sure if it helped with my breakouts though. It meet the garbage can when I found nothing would stop the flaking, not even srubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sailormune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I've tried clinique 3-step and demalogica anti-bac face wash, Aveeno has worked better than all of them. I wish i had a phot ot show you guys how bad my skin was a month ago, making presentations at work was a nightmare. I use the entire system at night and only the cleanser and moisterizer in the AM. Once a week I use queen helene's mint mask. My skin has never looked better. Smells great. The scent everyone is talking about is soy bean, and if you use too much two squirts on a moist cotton pad should be enough, the scent isn't way out there

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2003 2:06:00 AM More reviews by julstech

Cheap, non-stinky, no greasy film and my skin feels clean. For those who must have a soapy foam first to feel clean, you'll get that too. Unfortunately, after 1 month of faithful use, I haven't seen any improvement in my # of blemishes and my face dried out a lot...made my favorite foundation not wear very well at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by bridgey88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must say that I love this face wash. Although I currently am not using it (I miss it so much, I hafta use Cetaphil, dermatologist's orders), I love everything about it. It doesn't really clear up acne all that much, but lemmi tell you. It made my face sooo smooth. And the texture of the foam is so great. It seems like the bottle I have is gonna last forever, cuz I only use about one and a half pumps. I'm not exactly sure how much this product cost, because my mom bought it for me. I honestly wouldn't have bought it myself simply because I thought the foam would be too wimpy or something. But my face felt so good after using the foamy stuff. It's so luxurious feeling. You deffinately should give this face wash a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 2:01:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love other Aveeno products (body wash and lotion), so I was very disappointed with this product. The cleanser is a light foam (nice!) that is dispensed from a pump, but there's way too much fragrance and left my skin feeling very uncomfortable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2003 2:05:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin with occasional blemishes. This cleanser has a soft scent and it does a good job of removing makeup. This cleanser has helped prevent breakouts but after months of use I find that it is drying out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2003 11:49:00 AM More reviews by maurfiend

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally! Along with my Origins Spot Remover, I finally have clear skin after a whole life's worth of teenage blemishes. Using both it only took about 4-5 wks to clear up new AND old blemishes- sorry but that is damn fast compared to yearssss of horrible popped pimple skin- i wish i had these sooner. I'm 22 so I'm still going through the perpetual pimple stage of my life where it just doesn't end, and you can see the whole stellar galaxy mapped out on my forehead. But after trying all those makeup counter glamour brands, I now have the only things I need in my survival kit. The only thing that happened over the winter was drying since these both have salycic acid but the Aveeno clear complexing moisturizer sure fixed that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2003 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this simply b/c I'm always trying new things, even though I already have what I consider to be my HG cleanser (L'Oreal Pure Zone Foaming Gel Cleanser for oily skin). This one comes out as a foam from a pump dispenser. Firstly, it's a LOT less dense foam than my previous foaming gel created, so I wasn't sure at how well it would cleanse. It did the job, surprisingly. Next, since I'm used to denser foam, I use two or three pumps (which still does not seem dense enough) per wash, but it does seem to cleanse the skin anyhow. I wear light coverage foundation, and it seems to clear it away nicely, and removes my eye makeup too (if you carefully massage it onto your eye area while having them tightly shut). I don't know if it's any better or worse in terms of complexion clearing since my skin is pretty good, but I will say that I haven't broken out using it. And a major point would be that it doesn't dry my skin out. My Pure Zone cleanser did dry my skin out sometimes, but never had that with this one. This seems to be a gentler, yet just as effective, cleanser for the same price. Not sure if I like it better than Pure Zone though, PZ has kept my skin impeccable for almost a year now. I'd still buy it again though if I felt like a change, and since it's not drying, I think I'll use it in the winter. (PZ is very drying in the winter, even for my super oily skin).
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2003 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ampm9397

I love this cleanser. I like the light foamy texture, which creates a lather once on my face. I don't wear much makeup, so I'm not sure how it does on makeup removal. I do admit that it hasn't prevented breakouts for me, but I didn't expect it to be a lifesaver with .5% salicylic acid. Even treatment with 2% doesn't clear my skin and will eventually irritatie it at that percentage anyway. Besides, how can you expect a cleanser to be a good acne fighter, when it just gets rinsed back off with water? I may try using the clear complexion lotion and see how they work together.