October 2, 2014 | 1840 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for 3 weeks and I think my skin feels smoother. I have fairly good skin, but I hear this makes your moisturizer get into your skin better. I would love to stop the wrinkles from getting worse. We'll see. I don't think you need to use the $20 cleanser it came with. I have been using the olay dry skin cleanser since I ran out of the trial size one that comes with this. Now I have been using it around 3 months and my skin really looks better. I use it every single day. You have to commit yourself to do it and it will definately improve your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I ordered one of these online the other day and found out it was going to be on backorder for a couple of weeks. No good. I found it at Target tonight and just used it for the first time. First I removed all my makeup with my normal foaming cleanser before using the cleansing tool, then I used a few drops of Dr. Bronner's Magic 18-in-1 Hemp Lavender Pure-Castile Soap (diluted) with the cleansing tool. I am in love! My skin has never felt so clean and soft. I am keeping the second one on backorder so my daughter can have one of her own. Amazing! Edit after two weeks: I have tried the exfoliating cleanser that came with this product. It is okay. I would recommend using your normal cleanser most of the time and use the exfoliating cleanser when you feel your skin needs an extra boost. I wash once first and rinse before using the tool so that I am not moving soiled makeup all over my face as I cleanse. I am still loving this tool and, unfortunately, still waiting for the one I ordered on line to arrive. Not sure what is going on with Target but this was on first online order with them and I am not impressed. The Up and Up brand moisturizer I ordered was on backorder and now they have cancelled it. Strange as it is their brand of moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This little gem is the best thing that's ever happened to my face. Period.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this product deserves all the awesome reviews it's been getting. i purchased this about a week ago after browsing reviews & i am beyond happy with it. i marked it as being a tad expensive, but when compared to the clarisonic, this is a steal! the brush head isn't too firm but isn't too soft...it's just right for daily exfoliating (which i do everyday) i like that it has two speeds as well, so you can really deep clean/buff certain areas. i don't use the cleanser provided, though, because i prefer a different one (yes to tomatoes facial gel) my skin has been looking awesome! it's balanced, toned, CLEAN & my dry skin is gently going away. this also helped clear up a couple blemishes i was getting that would have normally taken a week to get rid of. this is an absolute "must try" product! you can also catch this on sale at walgreens, where you purchase the brush & get a full sized olay cleanser for free. sweet!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing and hearing all the hype regarding this product I had to give it a shot. I own a clarisonic mia and it works pretty well...or at least I thought it did until I used this bad boy! My face has never felt so clean!! I've had much fewer breakouts, my skin is smoother and is less oily. This is definitely an HG beauty tool for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by kayjaytee

I got my Pro X Advanced Cleaning System five days ago. I bought it because I had a similar product in high school that I loved (a long, long, time ago.) When I started having skin problems this winter, like flaking and mild breakouts, I decided to get the Pro X. In five days it has made a huge difference in my skin's appearance. I have not been using the Pro X cleanser that came with it. I like to use Olay bar soap and rinse with cool water. Once a week I use St. Ives apricot scrub. I always use a very lightweigh moisturizer after I use the Pro X in the evening. This was by far the best investment I have made for my skin in a long time. When I compare the cost to some of the (useless& expensive) lotions or cremes I have purchased, the price was excellent.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will buy this again..and again and again! Bought this from Target last week at $29.99 and it was worth every penny. Ivee been wanting a Clarisonic for yearsss but could never bring myself to fork over the $200.00. I saw this on MUA and I am SO glad I went out and bought it! Being a RAM user, I get lots of flakes. This has gently buffed all the flakies away and I have baby smooth skin. My moisturizer just sinks in so nicely afterwards! Like others, I had two cystic pimples on my forehead and gently used the brush on them. Didnt hurt at all and they are slowly going away. The unit comes with one brush head and a sample size of their exfoliating wash. The sample was too harsh for my skin, I got a bit of a rash on my face after using it so now I am just using it with my Trader Joe's face wash and its perfect. Rocking the battery compartment was a little tricky but I got the hang of it-it's easier if you grip the top with your left hand and the bottom with your right hand and rock them in opposite directions to get it to pop off. I am really interested in buying the DDF refill. Another user said the two units are compatible and the DDF comes with two sponge tips, one brush tip and a bottle of their cystals. Found it online for between $35.00-$50.00. It's like your own microdermabrasion?! Anyway, BUY THIS. its so worth it. Also, if you look online, the OLAY & the DDF are exactlyyyy the same, except one costs $30.00 and the other costs $90.00! the only thing i wish this had is a carrying case. i've been taking it to my boyfriends house in a soft little bag but a hard carrying case would be better to protect it if it should fall...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by LibrasRule36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed with this cleansing brush! This is $30.00 well spent and a treat for my face, neck, & chest :)
I used my brush for the first time last night with a pea-sized amount of Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser. The brush was SO soft that I concluded that it was not doing anything (I am accustomed to manually washing my face with a clean white wash cloth using medium/firm pressure in a scrubbing/circular motion) so I applied more pressure and cleansed an additional minute which I don't advise doing - admittedly I was over-zealous. Note to self - follow the directions! When I finally rinsed, my face was so smooth, so supple, and very, very clean! Wow! I toned as usual with Dr. Dickenson's Witch Hazel and the cotton pad came away clean. I was glowing! When I woke up this morning my complexion was even more smooth, brighter, and glowing! I had 3 cystic-type pimples on my jawline and they are flat today! My pores are smaller and the texture of my skin is velvety smooth. So much so that I was debating whether I should cleanse or just rinse with tepid water several times, tone, and moisturize BUT then I couldn't resist LOL. So, I grabbed my brush and used the sample-sized Oil of Olay Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser and followed the directions to a "T". Again, my socks were totally rocked! I can't wait to use this brush in a full steam facial.

-I purchased my brush at WalGreens for $29.99 + Tax
-The battery compartment was simple to open - I followed the instructions on the side of the box
-I am going to buy another unit plus replacement brushes
-I stand my unit up against the rim of my facial bowl with the head pointed down so that it can dry properly in between uses.

This brush rocked my socks!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As with the other reviewers, I'd heard great things about the Clarisonic, but was hesitant to shell out $200 for what basically amounted to an overgrown sonicare toothbrush. Mine was $27 at Walmart. However, I really prefer mandelic acid peels for exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by imimi

*sigh* i'm in love with this brush lol the bristles are really soft and gentle on my skin. My pores look soo much smaller and my nose area is less congested. I wash my makeup off with makeup remover first then I clean my face with this. End results are smaller pores and smooth skin. The only con is the battery compartment. The first time I tried to open it, it took awhile, which seems a bit ridiculous since the instructions are so easy...but pulling the cap off the battery compartment is tough. Other than that LOVE IT!!!