Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 1/7/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh how I wish the new shade Medium Light would match my NC25 skin, but sadly it doesn't. It has gray cast, think Skin 79 Gold BB cream effect. The shade Light has very yellow tones and matches my under eye MAC Prolong Wear concealer in NC20 exactly. Coverage is awesome as all those rave, a drop will do half your face, consistency is creamy thick-so apply light pressure to squeeze. The mini concealer pencil is perfect for my waterline- natural soft big eye look.

Hold the clear box packages in store light & you should be able to see the difference in undertones very obviously. Im still going to try to make this work, mixed in with a darker/yellower tinted moisturizer (once I find one!) because its worth that much of an effort.

I bought this specifically for my under-eye circles, but I use it for blemishes/redness as well. All you need is a pin-head amount to cover decent ground.

Pros:
-They now have a wider shade selection. Ultra light is good for undereye circles on paler individuals.
-They give you a ton of this product.... .71 ounces to be exact. But with the amount you need, this will last forever.
-The pigmentation is amazing for the price (six bucks)... I still can't believe it.
-Very very little creasing

Cons:
-You can only find it at Walmart
-slightly heavy and drying for the under-eye area (not for the rest of the face though).
*But here's the trick:
Use a tiny amount with an little eyecream or moisturizing primer mixed in it for this area (you should still prime your skin before this though). It works flawlessly.

Basically, for six bucks, you can't beat it.

on 1/4/2013 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I think this is pretty good quality. As long as you remember to shake it up before you squeeze product out, you will get some seriously full coverage. A tiny drop (less than half the size of a pea) is enough to conceal any discoloration around both of my eyes. I use this in medium light. It is pretty convenient to pick up since it is at WalMart. I would recommend this to everyone.

on 1/3/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got the darkest shade, Tan, and although it's not an exact match to my skintone (NC40) it's forgivable since foundation goes over it anyway. It covers all my blemishes and doesn't cakeómost importantly, it also doesn't break me out!! The hygienic, sturdy squeeze-tube packaging is also a plus, so no complaints here... will definately purchase again!

This is my first ever HOLY GRAIL.

I have horrible genetic under-eye circles. I used to go through a vigorous routine of concealer, foundation, and more concealer just to disguise them. This concealer has set me free!

I now only use a bit of this under my eyes and on imperfections and top of it with any powder and I'm flawless all day!

I was reluctant to try this because "full coverage" products never seem to work with me. I typically can ony use brightening and tone correcting type things because my main problems are redness and darkness. Reckon was a miss. Before this I was using the new Covergirl and Olay line and pretty happy with it, though it was expensive. I saw this now came in a new lighter shade and my curiosity got the best of me and I'm so glad it did!

Cut my makeup time and price nearly three-fold. Cute and convient packaging too. So perfect

on 1/2/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this REALLY is a heavy duty concealer! it does not feel heavy although it is really thick. i use this over estee lauder double wear foundation. i only use one layer of the EL DW, but my acne scarring still shows through so i use this over to completely conceal and give me a full coverage finish. i set it with paladdio rice powder. it lasts almost all my day, my scarring shows a bit as the day goes but it still lasts and does not completely come off, so thats good. this is also good as an undereye concealer! my dark circles arent that bad so i use a sheer layer, and it completely conceals. im so glad this is $6. plus A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY ! i use two small dots on both of cheeks, then a dot on my chin and forehead (yup i have acne scarring pretty much all over.) and it completely conceals. i know this will last a long time. definitley recommend. if you have super super dark circles/scarring/tattoos you might need to do some layering. overall, i recommend. i dont use the pencil it comes with.

on 12/31/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This concealer is amazing! It conceals with just the littlest pin point, and stays there all day. It's only $6, dirt cheap for such a good product! Do yourself a favor and buy this. There is only one "eughh" side though. If you use too much, it looks cakey and flakey. Use it sparingly under the eyes for a flawless look.
Good luck!

on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 AM

Thus product does have insanely good coverage like it promises but if you have acne prone/oily skin this is not the concealer for you. The two first ingredients are Petrolatum (petroleum jelly) and mineral oil, two things that are horrible for your skin. This product is so heavy and thick and I have to say I just hate it!! Do not recommend this concealer for oily and acne prone skin AT ALL!!

on 12/30/2012 1:29:00 PM

So I've been wanting to try some new concealer to use under my eyes when I have those mornings that I didn't get enough sleep. I wouldn't say I have acne but I do get blemishes from time to time. I have tried several products over the years like Covergirl, Revlon, Loreal, Elizabeth Arden and more expensive brands you would find at the counters in Macy's. I heard through the grapevine and also read that Hard Candy used to actually sell at Sephora/Ulta/Nordstorms. The line was bought by Louis Vuitton (LVMH) then later sold to another which announced a partnership with Wal-mart. What I'm saying is, this concealer is amazing. My skin is very pale and very hard to find a matching color. I can't say it's a perfect match but it is very close to the point it does not bother me. It is very cheap at $8.00. Less is more, it spreads well. The tube will last quite some time. I set it with the Matte powder. I have combination skin dry/oily. MAKE SURE you moisturize at least 10 minutes prior to putting it on. It will not work as well if you're skin is very dry. Drink lots of water if you have naturally dry skin. Also if you're having trouble with your concealer setting, make sure you've waxed/tweezed. Just a random tip to throw out there.

on 12/30/2012 5:05:00 AM

This is the only concealer I've used that has made the dark circles around my eyes basically disappear. I'm still trying to get used to the less is more so to speak. I'm used to having to use so much of other concealers just to get my imperfections not even halfway covered. It is worth the money. I will definitely be buying this again.