July 22, 2014 | 2273 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love love love the kind of coverage it gives me (if this doesn't work for you coverage-wise: applied with a beautyblender this looks like nothing, but with my Sigma F80 it is perfect)
and I also love the finish. Words can't describe how much I love the way it looks on me, which is why I would probably buy it again, but I have the feeling it's breaking me out. I am not sure if it really is the Foundation, because I have been prone to breakouts anyway recently, but it might be. I'll update if I am sure or if it was something else, but so far I think that it is the foundation.. sadly... :(

Edit: I was NOT the foundation that made me break out!! Yay, I'm happy! But what I noticed over time is, that it is on the yellow side and if I use too much this becomes very noticable. Also, the shade is slightly, slightly too dark for me, just a tiny bit. But here in Germany, where I live anyway, they only have B10 BR20 and B30, so I had to get B30, because BR20 was too pink. I don't like the color selection, which is why I give this 4 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by euroazia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very sheer coverage.
I can buy a tinted moisturizer and it will provide more moisture and the same amount of coverage.

If you have nothing much to cover up but want to even out your skin color, this could be a good choice.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wanted to love this product! I bought it because of all the hype and so many of my favourite gurus were raving about this product but unfortunately, this was a huge disappointment. I'm a fair combo skinned Asian with cool undertones and I bought this in BR10.

Pros:
lightweight
lovely rose scent
decent colour match
travel-friendly packaging

Cons:
almost 0 coverage on my skin!!!!
fades in splotchy manner
emphasizes any flakies or kind of dry areas
expensive

I have no idea why but this gave me nearly 0 coverage. Yes the colour and the texture is great but there's no improvement with or without this foundation on. After I applied the foundation, I could still see my light freckles, acne spots, redness, etc. It only vaguely evened out my skintone by neutralizing the very minor redness on my cheeks but the redness along my jawline was still very much visible. I was expecting a light-medium coverage - so while I didn't expect everything to be hidden, I at least wanted evened skintone and less visible acne marks. But what I got was less than sheer coverage.

While I'm willing to shell out money for a nice foundation, I felt so cheated since for me, it was definitely not foundation. On me the VA was essentially just barely pigmented water. This also emphasized any dryness on my skin and started fading within 4 hours in a patchy/splotchy manner. I would return this but I lost my receipt. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by serialspender

Again being a serial foundation purchaser even though I was happy with my pro lumiere I had seen this advertised and thought i'd give it a go. I was matched to a B10 and really liked the feel of it, being in a rush and addicted to buying make up I bought it there and then without having seen it in natural lighting!

When I got home i used it for several days, still pleased with the overall look, i do feel that it is a little on the yellow side for my skin, i tend to work better with pinker tones and so it is a shame that you cant purchase the BR shades in the UK (I havent managed to track them down yet!)

I find that this foundation applies best when stippled with a MAC 187 as it can look a bit cakey if you use too much!

The packaging does do its job, but i dont feel that it exhubes class as a chanel product should so have marked it down for that reason...

Being very penickity with colours ( Im always searching for that perfecft match!) as the time went on I found it to look less and less like my skin tone and did end up giving it away to a friend who it suited perfectly...I do love this foundation and gave it a 4...if they would just make a greater range of shades it could have been a 5...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Kristin84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this foundation suits women who want a really natural result. I think it looked too natural on me. The positive thing about it was that it diden`t set into fine lines. I have very dry skin and it diden`t dry it out. But It diden`t stay on a whole day and since it is a very natural coverage I looked like I was`nt wearing makeup at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's good, but not as good as the original. The texture is lovely but the coverage is a bit fuller than I expected. It just doesn't get me the compliments that the original version does, and frankly I haven't really used it since I bought it - just keep going back to my same old Vitalumiere. I might try using this as a concealer instead of all over my face.

It doesn't dry my skin out at all, which is nice, but it just looks so dull and flat compared to what I'm used to.

It's worth a try if you've got oil control or acne issues, though, because oilier skins might still get some "glow" out of this and it provides coverage without feeling hideously heavy or drying. It's completely not formulated for my drier skin, though, and I should have known better. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by pimpimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging even though it doesn't look or feel expensive because it's so practical. It's light and compact for travel and the head where the product comes out can be easily cleaned (I guess I have issues with foundation bottles with a pump because it always gets clogged up, plus it's not very space efficient what with all the pump head and the lid)
Moving on to the product inside, the finish is amazing. It feels light because it is water-based but also gives good coverage. The finish is more natural if the foundation is worked into the skin by hands (sheer coverage) and gives medium coverage when used with a foundation brush. It can also be layered for better coverage. There is no need to set it with a powder because it is not greasy and the best thing about it is how nice it smells. Most foundations don't smell very nice at all. I'm on my first bottle but will definitely buy it again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Elypixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word for this product: A gift sent from heaven above.

Weeks ago, I bought the Revlon Colorstay because of the raves. It was a full coverage foundation but the fact that it's so hard to take it off was such a turn off for me and I stayed away from the foundation because I feared that I might breakout from it (which i did)

So i was foundationless for weeks till I came across youtube make up gurus called Missglamourazzi and fleurdeforce. They raved the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua so amazingly and I was hesitating because of the price. Boy the day that i got it! I felt like I didn't put any foundation on because it's super light and even though it's light - medium coverage... The coverage is amazing or better compared to Revlon's colorstay full coverage.

I asked my dad, what do you think of my make up today? He was like, Oh you are wearing one? I can't notice it and he complimented how natural it looked on me! Pricey price, who cares? It's worth every penny for me. It looks so natural it's that unbelievable and you can actually feel the cooling sensation when applying it.

USE YOUR FINGERS! THATS THE BEST WAY. Buffing it around especially the blemishes it conceals AMAZINGLY. I have no other words to describe this product but it's amazing!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by charlottetsui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally got this teint parfait...
super light indeed, however, it kinda let me down...
I m not satisfying wif the coverage and it breaks me out-,-

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Broke me out like crazy in small red pimples. Other than that (!) it really made my skin look better yet natural