July 28, 2014 | 784 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kaileym

so far so good with this foundation :) i just got it today, so this is more of a first impressions review :)

i am shade 103 which i believe is true ivory. i am nw20, but this is a little light, and a little to pink, so i think im going to get the next shade up. the application of this foundation is nice. i put a dime sized amount on my flat foundation brush, and put it in streaks across my face, then blend it out, and smoothed the lines with my hands.

the true test of this foundation will be if it doesnt break me out, or clog my pores, and if it lasts! as a highschool student, it is important for foundations to last through the day, because i dont have time to touch up my makeup often.

i will report back after i use this foundation for a bit, and let you know how it works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a long lasting foundation and have been using Revlon colorstay but wanted a smoother formula. I love this Rimmel and it really is long lasting, great coverage and you only need a little bit. It blends so nicely. Its been wicked humid this summer and this lasts through that great. I matched the color to my Revlon I was using by taking it next to the Revlon in the store. The shades do look odd in the store but they end up being fine. Love this and hope it sticks around.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by VivaViolas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Choosing a foundation depends a lot on your skin type, so I'll briefly describe mine. I have combination skin. I don't have much of an oily t-zone, but I am really oily on the tip of my nose and drier everywhere else. Acne-wise, I am lucky to have clear skin that has never had a break out, so I can't say much about that kind of coverage. However, there are tiny blackheads on my nose, redness around my nostrils, and discoloration around my mouth and under-eyes that I prefer to even out with foundation.

THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION. It completely erases my blackheads and veins around my mouth. I still have to use a concealer for under eye circles (who doesn't?), but this foundation does almost half the job. I apply this with my fingers. No creasing or cakiness, a dream to blend, stays on after sweating, many shade options, natural finish, cheap: all things that make it a great product to try! My only wish is that it had SPF so I can skip sunscreen...

Though I've never had it on for 25 hours, it does last at least 15. But be gentle when blowing if your nose is oily because it might rub off a little. Usually a little powder when I feel a cold coming on does the trick.

Oh, and I wear True Nude (I'm a light tan, yellow undertone).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ccx3x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only had this product on for a little while. I bought the lightest shade they had, and it looked to dark but I really wanted to try the foundation anyway, so I bought it. I put it on and it was about 6 shades to dark for me. They need a wider range of colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by efmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation, I find that the shades that Rimmell have always stay true, no matter which foundation of theirs I use, I am either a numer 100 or 200 depending on season.
It definitely does stay on, as the packaging claims...my only issue is that it appears a little mask-like on my skin if I use the slightest bit too much!
As you don't tend to get much of a dewy look with the long lasting foundations ( Revlon colorstay, EL Double Wear), I mix this foundation with a bit of my Rimmel match perfection foundation and this makes it look more fresh.
All in all I like this foundation, I even like the smell. I would repurchase it...I think the Rimmell foundations are excellent and their value for money is phenomenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Saracarroll

I really like this foundation. I just wish they had more shades the lightest shade is still to dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

I got this because my MAC foundation ran out right before school started and didn't feel like making a trip to my local Dillards with all the back to school crowds. I got it at Wal-Mart for about $7. The shade is Soft Beige and it matches my NC25 perfectly (since it has yellow undertones its even closer to my skin color). Coverage is fantastic, I have oily skin and I walked around in 100+ degree weather AND EXTREMELY humid and it stayed on from about 5 AM- 3 PM. I did a slight touch up and powdered my t-zone. I used their PRO PRIMER too though (The new white one) and it worked well together with the foundation. No breakouts from it so far, but it's my first day using. I personally think its better than Revlon Colorstay. It leaves skin dewy-er and healthy looking and gives better coverage and longer wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by fashionnbabiixo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this foundation I was really considering returning it and I wasn't sure it would work for me. I decided to give it a try anyway, since it had only costed me about 6 dollars. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for a quite a few months now and as most people know it's extremely hard to blend. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily this foundation blended! (I just used my hands to apply it!) I also loved the finish it gave my skin and the fact that it had medium to full coverage, which was a lot better than I had expected. I have oily skin and was really glad this product didn't make me even more oily, as some foundations do. The only downside is that I have pale skin and I bought the color Ivory, which is a lot darker then my Revlon Colorstay Ivory. Since it's still summer, and I have a little bit of a tan it should work for me for now. I'm pretty sure it's the lightest color but I might check online just in case. Other than that this is a really great foundation that I think would work well for most skin types!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Catkins

Wow I am really surprised that I like this foundation, I have struggled for years trying to find a foundation that did not look cakey and more oily. i have been using colour stay but thought I would try this and its great. its blends wells, doesn't make me more oily and does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by pixiedustpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love this foundation great staying power my only complaint is theres not many shades to choose from. but overall this is a great foundation! it does what it says! it last!!! ive been using this foundation more and more lately i have many High End foundations. but i honestly dnt think none of them have the staying power or coverage like this foundaion does! u can bet it 4 bucks for an amazing foundation!