July 31, 2014 | 1859 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I looooved this product. After using it for a longer time, I realized the colour of the actual liquid is TERRIBLE. It WILL NOT match every skin tone and it is so orange. It doesnt make my eyes feel awake, nor is it ridding of my dark circles like it says it will, however it is nicely pigmented and covers my dark circles well. The coolness of the rolling ball is nice too. I'm not sure if i like the idea of the rolling ball to dispense product, though. It always despenses way too much onto the eye and leaves a huge blob. I wouldnt repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by gloooria

I use this product on days that i am in a rush just put some of this on under my eyes buff some mineral powder eye make up and out the door its not like a miracle product which for some reason i thought it would be since ive heard wonders about this on other websites. Ill give it some more time since ive only used it a hand full of times but sk far its been good not great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

I bought this recently as it was 50% off. I had never tried it, but heard a lot of buzz about it so thought I'd give it a whirl.

I can see why people would love it: it is light, pleasantly cooling, and definitely brightening. I toyed with the idea of buying a backup whilst the price was low - but have decided it is just "Not For Me".

No.1, the rollerball itself is a little annoying, product is not easy to control (too much, or nothing at all, etc.) No.2, it is way too sheer to cover anything but the lightest and most youthful of dark circles, and No.3, it stings if it gets into your eyes (which it does easily, as it is quite runny until you blend it in.)

Overall, although I don't want to sabotage its good ratings here, I think the ratings are way too high. Yes it is a great product if all you need is literally a touch of brightening, it does that excellently. Also kudos for never settling into fine lines, icluding those that you never knew you had (cough cough Laura Mercier.) But, for a concealer that will actually disguise darkness, Bobbi Brown correctors are in a whole different league. I will not repurchase this, because if I did, it would be to use on top of another "real" concealer. And life is too short for layering products I say.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by memingwa

this product is just mediocre for me. i have pretty severe undereye circles/bags and this doesn't cover them very well. you can still see the darkness but my eyes are not as purple, they are dark bags that are skin coloured. it doesn't depuff your eyes at all. you can still see the circles and bags but not as much. i use this more as highlighter/tinted moisturizer all over to give me anice dewy, even look and i like it for that. but as a undereye concealer, it just isn't enough.

p.s. if you don't have severe dark circles it will look good because i tried it on my friend and it made her mini dark circles disappear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a fabulous product for me. I have dark circles but also have sensitive eyes. I am on my third purchase of this. It works so well, and so much better than a traditional concealer. prior to purchasing this I used YSL touche eclat. And alothough I love that as well, this works better for the eye area and at 1/3 the price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Mangokitten

I've been struggling with my dark circles for years, and one of the biggest problems I had would be concealers not staying on my circles. I have dry skin but for some reason, no matter what type of concealer I try, within a couple hours, much of it would have come off, even with primer on underneath and powder on top. This product is amazing though! Not only does it conceal my circles but it also brightens up my face AND it stays on! I find I don't even reach for my MAC concealors anymore. I can just use this on its own, or on worse days where I only got 2 hours of sleep, I put on a little bit of foundation and then blend this on top. Works like a charm and it's so easy to use! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by sam2210

After trying several concealers for my under eye dark circles, i finally found the one that works! All the other concealers crease and make me look older! This one is amazing as its doesnt settle in creases and gives good coverage.
Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by deavalencia

a very good under eye concealer indeed.. not cakey but provides a good coverage, gets a little oily along the day though.. prep your under eye with some powder if you're using mascara.. for the oiliness may make your mascara smudges throughout the day..
i have been using it for almost a year now.. got my first when i went to Australia.. they don't have this product here in Indonesia, so i have to ask my friend who's studying in Australia to bring it for me.. $16aud is a bit pricey for Garnier product, for it is considered as a mid-low product here in Indonesia..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product really surprised me. Despite the glowing reviews here, I was still skeptical. I've previously had issues with Garnier products, and I was doubtful that an eye roller could give any coverage to my terrible hereditary dark circles. But I was wrong! This is a fantastic little product that gives surprisingly good coverage and feels lightweight and silky on. The yellow tones neutralize dark circles and the roller ball is very cool. I simply roll it once on my eye from inner corner to outer corner and blend. My only issue with this product is that it is a little too yellow and dark to match my super pale, cool toned skin. It also doesn't give quite enough coverage for me, so I fix both problems by applying a little bit of Bobbi Brown Corrector over it. You could say I use this eye roller more as a neutralizing base, and it works great for that purpose! Creates a silky base for my undereye concealer and lasts all day. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was amazed by this concealer. I wasn't expecting much from a drugstore brand, but I had heard good reviews, and finally bought it when it was 50% off in a sale at Superdrug.

I have very sensitive skin around my eyes as well as eczema, which tends to cause stinging when I apply most products. I didn't experience any stinging with this concealer. Also, because of the dryness, creamier concealers tend to settle in the fine lines under my eyes, accentuating the dryness and fine lines. However, this concealer has a very liquid consistency, and glides on beautifully without settling into lines or emphasising dryness.

The coverage is so much better than I expected - I think the coverage is pretty good, and you don't need a large amount. It also stays put once applied.

I don't love the packaging; I don't think the roller ball is hygienic, but I apply some to the back of my hand first, rather than directly onto my face.

I can't testify as to the effectiveness of the treatment this product claims to provide. I haven't noticed any difference in the skin around my eyes, but I don't suffer from noticeable dark circles. I just use it as a concealer, and it works very well for that.

All in all, the best undereye concealer I have ever used.