April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

First of all, this product does nothing to help dark eye circles. It's basically a light concealer with some coverage. It's not going to be enough coverage for serious or moderate dark eye circles but if you only have a little bit of shadow to cover this will do it. I like at least moderate coverage for an under eye concealer so I don't love this. The texture is watery and creases on me. Also, the watery texture enhances dryness whereas a creamier product will not. I won't be repurchasing this since there are much better concealers out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Good concealer for a drugstore product! Dispenses decent amount to cover your under eye circles, goes on smooth without any creasing. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by JackieOoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought this at Christmas and there is plenty left,and i use it every day!!!i love it!!! i am pasty white,but it suits my skintone perfectly,it covers my dark circles amazingly well,and i have notice that the puffiness that i used to have under my eyes,is gone!!!the application is very easy...and you feel a nice cooling sensation!!!!i will defenetely purchase it again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SandyH0ng

I bought this product on a whim and I have to say, i'm really impressed with it. I have horrible under eye circles and this really covers them up and brightens them up. It doesn't completely cover them up, but definitely helps A LOT! I don't really have problems with this creasing. The one thing I don't really like about this it the packaging. It's a roller ball so sometimes I have to keep tipping it over and rolling it on my hand so that product can come out (thats why i gave it a 4/5) Overall, I love this. Really great. Would buy again but i'm still on the lookout for a HG undereye concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After all the rave reviews, I bought one with a lot of confidence. Garnier makes good products overall. I paid $12 at Ulta and believe it or not it's about the same price at Walmart, only they have to lock their's in an alarm box. Since it was a hassle to find a worker to get one out, I didn't bother.
It has the same cooling sensation as the original. The sheer tint mineral pigments work with most women, only some will use this as a concealer base. It's going to help put down a concealer primer while caffeine stimulates blood flow to the area. The roller ball is the actual part that gets rid of puffiness. Lemon essence is supposed to brighten them over time. Some have said it's a liquid texture, but I think it goes on more like a gel concealer. You can easily blend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many, many products marketed to cover my dark circles and this one is the best so far. It applies wet and dries quickly as you pat it into place with your ring finger. The color blends perfectly with my skin while covering my circles. I am fair complected with pink undertones and thin skin under my eyes causing me to look tired. This brightens the area while providing a thin, non-cakey layer of sublte color. It seems to combine highlighter properties with a tint of concealer. The roller glides easily and has never gunked up or required a lot of pressure to distribute the product evenly.

Note: I had a consultation with professionals that use laser and light therapy technologies for skin correction purposes. While laser or light therapies can correct inherited dark circles that are due to hyperpigmentation or pregnancy mask, they are not able to do anything for dark undereye circles like mine.
They explained that sinus cavities have blue-ish colored tissue under the eyes. People like me, with thin skin in the under eye area, are a different situation since the skin itself isn't discolored, but just thin enough to allow the darker, underlying tissue to create shadows / circles.
Back in the day, all that was readily available to combat under eye circles like mine were concealers and foundation. Luckily, there are many other options available in the cosmetic market now a days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

I bought it in 'Light' and I'm a nc25-nc30. It blends in nicely but a little too light when i'm at nc30 when used alone. The undereye looks 'brightened' with foundation on so it works out just fine. I have been using this product for about 7 months now and it doesn't seem like it's anywhere near finish. If you don't have too much of a problem with dark undereye circles, this is the way to go. It conceals pretty well and you only need a tiny bit to get the job done. Any more than necessary and I find it feels a bit heavy and looks cakey. I usually roll it on the tip of my ring finger and then dab it on. I just feel like I have more control that way with the amount of product I use instead of rolling it directly onto my undereye which varies in quantity whenever used.

I am very particular about my undereyes as I find it crepey with fine lines whereas I've been told I just look at them too close in the mirror and that they really aren't noticable at all. I find that used on top of eye cream (Estee Lauder ANR Eye & Kiehl's avocado treatment) it looks smoother and more plump otherwise it sinks into fine lines a tiny bit. But that's just me, I'm sure.

Overall an excellent product! But I am however still interested in trying YSL's Touche Eclat on it's own or on top of the garnier eye roller just to see how much better OR not my undereye can look! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

They should really market this as a brightener, because it's definitely not what most would consider a concealer. The color matches my skin well and makes my dark circles look less noticeable without completely covering them up or getting cakey. Super easy to apply and great for a low-key natural look. Hasn't made any difference in the condition of my skin or dark circles, but that's okay. I didn't expect it to. I also don't think this would work for darker skin tones, so it's beyond me why they only make it in one shade.
I think it'll take awhile for me to finish the tube, but once I do I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: The packaging is good and compact? Yeah, that is all that I have. I mean the label is a clear sticker... kind of cheep if you think of the price. CONS: It seemed to work really great until it settled into the skin and then I actually felt like my bags looked worst, maybe the wetness made my mascara transfer? If you wanted this to conceal, I feel you would have to carry it and apply it all day. I used it for three days and stopped and took it back. I would be interested if the long term effects were actually good, as for short term it was actually just a pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product based on a youtube review from Lisasz09 (luv her!!!). I've only used it for 3 days but I know this will be my undereye concealer from now on. FYI - I am a light-medium neutral and my undereye circles are darker toward the inner part of my eye (on the side of my nose). At first I was skeptical that the color wouldn't match, but it did! Totally brightens my eye area and doesn't cake up in my fine lines. Just roll it on (which feels sooo nice and refreshing) and pat with my ring finger. It stays on all day, doesn't budge an inch and it looks very natural on me.