January 25, 2015 | 1206 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ghsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. I was first introduced to it by my friend Sara who reviewed it herself on her blog she was literally raving about it so I thought "Why not?" I went into my local boots and picked up shade 51. I was starting college and knew I wasn't wanting to look like I'd put too much effort so this is perfect! If you use a stippling brush it works wonders as well as adding a bit of powder to keep it in place. I'm at college for about 5-7 hours a day so I thought I'd put it to the test:

Pros:
- Light to medium coverage
- Build-able
- Good packaging
- My exact colour for my skin
-Doesn't look too 'put loads of foundation on' it looks natural

Cons:
- I would say I'd have to re-aply only once through out the day, just to touch up

Apart from that it's fine! Definitely buying it again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Very natural looking, you can't see it sitting on the skin
-The finish isn't too matte or too dewy
-Light to medium coverage
-Not too expensive
-Hygienic packaging- plastic bottle with a pump.

Cons:
-Gets shiny easily. I don't particularly have oily skin but after a few hours I feel my face a bit greasy, especially the forehead.
-The colours tend to be yellowy based. I couldn't find shade 51, i got shade 52 and it's a bit too yellow and dark for me (not a big problem when blended, but that makes it lose some of the coverage).

I don't think I'd buy it again, simply because the market has a wide variety of foundations to find my perfect match :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by bambivalente

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. Since I'm very pale, it has always been hard for me to find a product that wouldn't make me look like I was trying to move into the Jersey Shore house. But then I found this! The lightest shade is pretty much exactly my skin color. I have very sensitive skin as well, and usually I only use high-end products to make sure it doesn't break out - Healthy Mix Foundation does agree with my skin. I also love the scent, it's very subtle and fruity.
The coverage is just right for me (I have relatively clear skin with a few spots that are prone to redness). The foundation is not particularly matting, though; you'll definitely have to set it with transculent powder. Once you've done that, it lasts and lasts and lasts!
I'd definitely buy this product again, but the drug store that stocked Bourjois Makeup recently dropped the brand from their product range. Boo! What a bunch of sh*tburgers! I stocked up on Healthy Mix Foundation, though.
I can definitely recommend it to everyone who doesn't want to spend a buttload of money on foundation - the quality is fantastic!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Wandertrieb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pro's:
- Lovely natural finish
- Decent staying power
- It's my EXACT colour <3 (pale/light yellow toned - quite hard to come by)
- The scent is nice (apricots)
- 1 word: PUMP!

Cons:
- Light-ish coverage, but can be layered I suppose...
- The scent can be very irritating on sensitive skin, acne and near the eye area
- A little does NOT go a long way - I need 1.5 - 2 pumps to get nice coverage

ALAS, I will be stocking up on this stuff from online cause' the price is phenomenal and it's my exact colour, can't complain too much... for now it's my HG foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

I am really really impressed with this foundation. I love the finish, which is not too matte but not greasy, very very natural. it covers up redness nicely and just makes your skin look so much better. I will repurchase this again and again. The smell is also quite pleasant. I have 51 which is the palest and it suits my skin really nicely. The coverage is medium, I only need a little concealer on my cheeks to cover up my freckles a bit more. Love it! So glad I decided to try :) It is better than anything I've tried, and although it isn't dirt cheap It's really affordable compared to others out there. I'm going to buy it in a darker shade for Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by macFBfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its pretty much the best foundation i have ever used. I initially wanted this because I saw Lisa Eldridge use this in some of her videos. After reading the great reviews I decided to get it and use it as my everyday "not so important" days foundation.
I used to use the MUFE HD foundation which i liked, but after applying this for the first time it was clear to me that I never ever wanted to be without this anymore. It beautifies the skin, makes it look its best. I can honestly recommend this to anyone. Coverage wise I would say that it is definitely medium on me. I apply it with a flat chanel foundation brush (just getting it on my skin, not worrying much about blending) and then blend the edges with a fluffy brush. If youre thinking about getting this, do it! I am NW20 and use 52, its a little yellow but nothing bad, it cancels out my red skin nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by BlueMyMind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this foundation, but now I have a love/hate relationship with it.
Pros: the price is great and very reasonable. The packaging is convenient and great for traveling. Another thing I like about it is the staying power, although it does start to disappear, look patchy and oxidize at the end of the day, but my skin is very oily and it's understandable. The coverage is also great, medium, but buildable and the finish is very natural.
Cons: it accentuates any dryness I have and I have a problem with the color range. I am not particularly fair, but the lightest shade available is a little bit too dark and too yellow.
Conclusion: nice foundation, but because of the poor color range I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by MinnieMouse16

I don't recommend this foundation for anyone who is acne prone. It tends to give me little whiteheads on my cheeks. I'm thinking this foundation is probably not oil free.

However for those who have non problematic skin it really is a nice foundation. Great medium coverage, lovely satin finish. The only thing that bothers me (besides the breakouts) is that blush doesn't seem to transfer or sit well on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in colour 51. It applies smoothly onto my skin and smells great! Fruity scent that isnt overwhelming or sickening which is great. I was using revlon colorstay previously but it smelt and felt like paint on my skin. This foundation has a better finish as it is semi-matte and not completely matt. As such, it looks more natural and feels more natural. The oil control for this isnt as good though, I start blotting in about 3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mrroww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Foundation is a tricky subject to review depending on what's your facial cleansing routine, how you got about applying the foundation, and what works best with your skin type. Healthy Mix was a nice fit after my morning skin routine (cleansing milk, toner, and moisturizer). My only recommendation is to quickly blend the product once it meets your skin, otherwise you'll be battling with your foundation brush to spread the product evenly. A damp sponge had the best results for me. For a medium coverage foundation, it left my skin glowing, even and awake. Unfortunately like most foundations in the lightest shade, it was a shade too yellow for my Irish/English genes. In terms of packaging, Healthy Mix was well equipped with a working pump, a lacklustre appearance for the price, but nothing to complain about. Overall, I liked it. Can't see it being my HG foundation, I'm still on the hunt for that.