December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Wandertrieb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pro's:
- Lovely natural finish
- Decent staying power
- It's my EXACT colour <3 (pale/light yellow toned - quite hard to come by)
- The scent is nice (apricots)
- 1 word: PUMP!

Cons:
- Light-ish coverage, but can be layered I suppose...
- The scent can be very irritating on sensitive skin, acne and near the eye area
- A little does NOT go a long way - I need 1.5 - 2 pumps to get nice coverage

ALAS, I will be stocking up on this stuff from online cause' the price is phenomenal and it's my exact colour, can't complain too much... for now it's my HG foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

I am really really impressed with this foundation. I love the finish, which is not too matte but not greasy, very very natural. it covers up redness nicely and just makes your skin look so much better. I will repurchase this again and again. The smell is also quite pleasant. I have 51 which is the palest and it suits my skin really nicely. The coverage is medium, I only need a little concealer on my cheeks to cover up my freckles a bit more. Love it! So glad I decided to try :) It is better than anything I've tried, and although it isn't dirt cheap It's really affordable compared to others out there. I'm going to buy it in a darker shade for Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by macFBfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its pretty much the best foundation i have ever used. I initially wanted this because I saw Lisa Eldridge use this in some of her videos. After reading the great reviews I decided to get it and use it as my everyday "not so important" days foundation.
I used to use the MUFE HD foundation which i liked, but after applying this for the first time it was clear to me that I never ever wanted to be without this anymore. It beautifies the skin, makes it look its best. I can honestly recommend this to anyone. Coverage wise I would say that it is definitely medium on me. I apply it with a flat chanel foundation brush (just getting it on my skin, not worrying much about blending) and then blend the edges with a fluffy brush. If youre thinking about getting this, do it! I am NW20 and use 52, its a little yellow but nothing bad, it cancels out my red skin nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by BlueMyMind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this foundation, but now I have a love/hate relationship with it.
Pros: the price is great and very reasonable. The packaging is convenient and great for traveling. Another thing I like about it is the staying power, although it does start to disappear, look patchy and oxidize at the end of the day, but my skin is very oily and it's understandable. The coverage is also great, medium, but buildable and the finish is very natural.
Cons: it accentuates any dryness I have and I have a problem with the color range. I am not particularly fair, but the lightest shade available is a little bit too dark and too yellow.
Conclusion: nice foundation, but because of the poor color range I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by MinnieMouse16

I don't recommend this foundation for anyone who is acne prone. It tends to give me little whiteheads on my cheeks. I'm thinking this foundation is probably not oil free.

However for those who have non problematic skin it really is a nice foundation. Great medium coverage, lovely satin finish. The only thing that bothers me (besides the breakouts) is that blush doesn't seem to transfer or sit well on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in colour 51. It applies smoothly onto my skin and smells great! Fruity scent that isnt overwhelming or sickening which is great. I was using revlon colorstay previously but it smelt and felt like paint on my skin. This foundation has a better finish as it is semi-matte and not completely matt. As such, it looks more natural and feels more natural. The oil control for this isnt as good though, I start blotting in about 3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mrroww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Foundation is a tricky subject to review depending on what's your facial cleansing routine, how you got about applying the foundation, and what works best with your skin type. Healthy Mix was a nice fit after my morning skin routine (cleansing milk, toner, and moisturizer). My only recommendation is to quickly blend the product once it meets your skin, otherwise you'll be battling with your foundation brush to spread the product evenly. A damp sponge had the best results for me. For a medium coverage foundation, it left my skin glowing, even and awake. Unfortunately like most foundations in the lightest shade, it was a shade too yellow for my Irish/English genes. In terms of packaging, Healthy Mix was well equipped with a working pump, a lacklustre appearance for the price, but nothing to complain about. Overall, I liked it. Can't see it being my HG foundation, I'm still on the hunt for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by smiley001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really love this foundation it gives a good coverage and and dose not feel heavy on my skin.
My T zone is a problem area for me especially my forehead and i love that this foundation, when used with the bourjois healthy mix concealer, hides my imperfections well, without looking cakey.
I will definitely be buying it again once it runs out.
At the moment I am applying it with a sponge but have ordered the elf powder brush which I've heard apply's liquid foundation well! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by dotty101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using shade number 54 about 3 months ago and I'm very satisfied with this foundation. It gives a medium coverage, blends well and as far as I read the reviews, all skin colors find a match.
it's also very light, I don't feel as I have a mask on as I often do wearing foundations. the price is OK.
I think it's perfect for normal skin that doesn't break out and only has a few imperfections. for a skin with more problems, you'll need a foundation with more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very keen to try this after rave reviews and after testing it for 3 months here's my verdict:

Pros:
Good neutral shades for paler skin (I use 51)
Blends easily for natural, light-to-medium coverage. Can be layered
Gives you a healthy, natural glow
Does not clog pores or cause irritation
Pump packaging is practical and hygienic
Does not cake or go patchy with time

Cons:
Does not last well on me - I have normal to combination skin and am lucky to get 6 hours out of it
Can be hard to build over areas that need more coverage

I do like this foundation and it's a great choice for those looking for a natural finish on a medium budget, but the poor wear means I probably won't repurchase.