Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 4/16/2012 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this foundation , unfortunately it doesn't love me. It applies like a dream looks flawless and makes my skin look amazing unfortunately it doesn't last on my oily skin, Not even with a primer and Ud de slick spray. I would recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin. I'm Nc15 and #51 was a perfect match. Pity it doesn't last it could of been my HG. Also i find it needs a shake before using it or the pump wont work right and what does come out is a bit watery.

on 4/16/2012 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

An average foundation for me. In comparing this foundation to the Healthy Mix Serum (which I have been using for 3 or so months now) and the Flower Perfection from Bourjois, I would say it comes in number 3.

It has the same medium coverage as the Serum (when kabuki'd on), but it seems to highlight blackheads and show up dry spots/pimples more? The serum just glides over them.

It also didn't last as long as the serum on me, 6 hrs before it started to fade away.

If compared to the flower perfection, it is not as much coverage and the FP has a smoother result.

Colours wise, the Serum seems to lend towards the peachy to neutral tones, the FP neutral to golden tones (more neutral though), the Foundation - 51 seems very light pinky, 52 seems light yellowy. Neither matched my neutral fair to very fair skintone (I'm somewhere in between MAC 20 to 25, but neutral - not yellow like MAC!).

I'm not sure what the purpose of this Foundation is if the Serum has the same coverage but looks better, and the FP has more coverage and looks better?

So I mix 51 and 52 in the Serum to match my skin tone, and FP 52 is a tad too dark but right tone for me, so mixing FP 52 and Serum 51 works well :)

on 4/15/2012 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

WOW! Definitely one of the best drug store foundations ive tried
I have normal skin with some dry patches here and there and occasionally a spot or two.
The price in Australia is around $34 which is a bit expensive for a drug store brand but definitely worth it!
PROS:
- colour match is pretty good for my fair (very light) skin
- adds and locks in moisture
- covers dry spots well and does not extenuate them
- packaging is wonderful! comes with a pump <3
- very nice fragrance
- does not clog pores
- medium coverage
CONS:
- the lightest shade (51) is a bit dark when i am building up the foundation for full coverage but is easily bendable
- strong yellow undertones (i would prefer neutral but this foundation still suits my skin tone well)

I am definitely going to repurchase and use this as my everyday foundation its wonderful

on 4/14/2012 1:13:00 AM

After reading so many good reviews on this i decided to try it, It's quite expensive for a pharmacy foundation going for about $35 australian dollars. The color range was less then impressive with everything hinting yellow in it, but i found one that suited me. Putting on the foundation i was a little disappointed with the coverage it offered, and definitely can not cover blemishes. I was really hoping to like this, but after 3 hours it just became blotchy even with primer and powder to set it.

Pros;
- Lovely smell
- It didn't break me out
- It felt nice on the skin
- Gave a nice dewy finish

Cons;
- The packaging, i would sit there trying to pump out the foundation for at least 5 minutes before anything came out.
- If you break a sweat or live in a humid area don't even think about trying it as it will just become patchy.
- It doesn't last very long at all
- The color range
- You can't wear it without setting it with a powder as it's going to stay sticky.

on 4/13/2012 8:58:00 AM

I purchased shad 54, I would be a MAC NC 35 it wasn't a perfect match but good enough in terms of colour.

I think this product looks nice on, it doesn't give much coverage in my opinion and when you build it up doesn't look as great.

The packaging is great, has a pump and is very light weight. Was around £10-12 which is not so good, I think this should be about £8.

The reason I didn't like it because it gave me a few spots, didn't give decent coverage, its like a tinted moisturiser and the colour was not yellow based enough, a bit on the beige side.

It's a semi matte finish which I do like and it did smell nice. I think someone with good skin that is not sensitive would like this. It didn't las very long also.

on 4/9/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this foundation! This is an excellent foundation for anyone who has dry skin like myself as it doesn't cling to dry patches of skin (unlike nars sheerglow) The best part about this foundation is that it is available at boots or superdrug in the UK and only costs £10!!! Would highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin!!!!!

on 4/9/2012 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love love LOVE this foundation! The first foundation I ever bought was Bourjois 10-hour (I THINK it was 10) Sleep effect foundation and loved it, it was the perfect shade for me. But it got discontinued. So I looked for a new one and decided to stick with Bourjois; I got this amazing healthy mix foundation!
Not sure which shade I am using.. I don't have it here with me, sorry! But it's the PERFECT shade for my skin. I love it so much!
I used to have really oily skin but now I am on Accutane and it dries out my skin and makes it look really dull, but this foundation gives me a nice color and glow to my skin!!
It has that perfect finish for around 6 hours I think, but it'll last you for about 9 hours or so, you just might have to reapply. It doesn't break me out :)
Great for a drugstore foundation, not very pricey here in Portugal. Packaging is very nice, the pump makes it very hygienic and easy to use. Even applying it with your fingers gives you a flawless effect! And with pretty much everyday use, one bottle lasts me about 4 or 5 months.
Have already repurchased and will keep doing so!! Definitely recommend!!

on 4/9/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a really lovely foundation, im pale as a ghost at NC15 so i used the Vanille Clair 51 shade, and its perfect.
Applies lovely, i dont even need a whole squirt of the pump, and i use my fingers to cover everything that needs it. I tend not to use concealer so use a little bit extra just under my eyes.
I dont know if its my imagination, but the other day i got a spot on my forehead... which i picked (i know!) and two days after using this foundation to hide it, i swear it cleared all the redness up and its totally healed up.
I love this stuff, i will deffo be rebuying and rebuying.

on 4/9/2012 5:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation.
- Does not cause breakouts
- covers good
- gives a glow

Only thing is I have an oily t-zone and this does give a shine throughout the day a little to much.
I wish this products stay on longer! But it's one of my fav foundations

on 4/7/2012 2:25:00 AM

I has nice coverage
I don't really care for the smell when I buy foundation but it does smell pretty nice, kinda fruity? like peaches or apricots or something, so well thats a plus
I'm pretty pale with a yellow undertone so I got 51 and it blends in to my skin verrryy well.
the packaging is nice because it has a pump and so I don't think you waste as much product when you buy this foundation.
BUT what I REALLY LIKE about this foundation is...
I have a somewhat dry skin
but this foundation is pretty hydrating? compared to other foundations
Like there would be other foundations that I enjoy wearing but my skin feels kinda dry throughout the day or after a couple of hours.
But this foundation is actually pretty hydrating! So I usually wear it on days when I'm sick but I need to wear makeup or when my skin feels more dry than other days.

Video Reviews & Tutorials