September 17, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by EsmeT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've spent years (and a fortune!) searching for a foundation this good! I use it in number 53, which matches my skin almost perfectly. I could probably do with it being a touch more yellow toned (I'd probably say it was neutral, but definitely leaning more towards warm toned than cool/pink) but as this is always a problem for me and i am exceptionally yellow(!), I can't really complain.

My make up goes on at about 8 in the morning and normally by 10, after an hour sitting in an air conditioned office, my foundation is dry and flaking off, patchy, or gone orange, but this stuff is great! I touch up quickly after lunch, but other than that it lasts all day and longer if I go out in the evenings post-work.

One lipstick off for the fact it does transfer quite easily, blowing my nose/talking on the phone quite often rubs some off. This isn't enough to put me off buying it again (and again, and again...) though, as I've really never found a foundation so good.

Coverage is easily buildable but always feels light, great colour, smells gorgeous, easy to apply in 30 seconds with my fingers, pump bottle keeps it clean and hygenic. I could go on forever, love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by staraya

I wish I could love this! the finish is great and it looks sooo good but it broke me out, so badly (which is rare). it's good for even-ing out skintone. It's so natural looking, you can't tell AT ALL that you're wearing any foundation. It feel like Chanel Vital Lumiere Aqua but with a little more grip and a tad less noticeable, it last a bit longer. It's a litttle thicker than my HG Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation.

Edit! Tried it again and now it doesn't break me out. Maybe it was a combination of my previous skincare and this but since I've changed my routine it works amazingly. It's come second to my HG. I use it on casual days. I'm a NC37, MUFE 128, Shiseido SP60, Chanel B40 and I use the Shade 55 sometimes 56 if i wanna look a little tan. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Wrenfly

My favourite foundation, I use the serum in fair. It gives light coverage, doesn't clog my pores and has such a sweet/berry scent. I set it with the loose powder, feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favourite foundations. It leaves the skin with a healthy glow, doesn't feel heavy, doesn't cake up, doesn't set on your pores or fine lines and has good staying power, even more when set with some loose powder or mineral powder.
I think this one is the best Bourjois foundations, I previously tried the 10 Hr sleep effect but it wasn't as good as this one.
I don't know how it works for combination or oily skin but it is brilliant for dry skin. I get compliments when I wear it on how good my skin looks and sometimes people don't even notice I'm wearing foundation at all.
The coverage is medium and you don't really need to use a highlighter with this foundation.
I would give it 5 lippies if it wasn't for the limited colour selection.
Definately going to keep buying this over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by lunepremie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to find a drugstore foundation that would work for me, and based on all the reviews on this site, I have decided to give this one a go. It worked really well for the first 2 weeks, and I was very happy about the purchase, however, I started breaking out and the break outs got worse the more used it. Now I am struggling to get rid of small pimples across my forehead and t-zone. I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately it's going straight into the bin.

>>update: a month later I think my skin is starting to get used to it, and it's causing fewer problems..this foundation has a good staying power, so I might purchase it again, since the cost is really cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by itcouldbesteph

I have searched for many years for a foundation that I love, and now I've found it! This stuff is amazing. It stays fresh all day and looks so natural, like you're not wearing makeup. I couldn't believe such a cheap foundation would be so good.
I wouldn't say this is a light foundation but it definitely wouldn't suit someone who has a lot they want to cover up. For me though, it makes my skin look flawless and so healthy!
The best foundation I am yet to try. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

Sometimes I love MUA and sometimes I think they are the bane of my existence (and pocketbook)! Yes, I have been saved a lot of bad purchases by looking here but I've also started lemming stuff that I would have never bought before. This is one of those purchases. Since I'm in the U.S. I haven't heard of this company or product until I saw it on here. So therefore of course, since I couldn't get it, I wanted it. I found an eBay seller who listed 20 bottles of these and sold out in 2 days. Lucky for me I got a bottle for about $11USD with shipping.

I have shade 52 Vanilla which will be perfect for me in winter but right now it's just a hair to light. I wear MUFE HD in 120 or L'Oreal Sand Beige for reference. I'm finding that this is a great little gem. I put one side on my face and my MUFE on the other. I find that this wears just as well as MUFE. The coverage is medium but I can see where you can build without cakeiness. It lasted all day without a primer. I'm really happy with this purchase and it was well worth the overseas shipping wait. I would definitely buy it again. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation I've ever had! The smell is lovely, it spreads evenly, makes your skin feel healthy and not drying. My mom also uses this now after years of using clinique and says that Bourjois Healthy Mix is the best foundation she has used, and I agree. Not expensive too!! Xx

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mon2288

I loved this product at first! It was a very nice colour and did not cause me any breakouts! (Which is rare). However the foundation is quite light and does not cover very well. Shades aren't the best....selection wise. I found that it was good when i just wanted a light base coat of foundation - but not by itself. The smell was neither here nor there for me.....and the packaging was fine. I do like it for winter etc, when you dont need a very heavy foundation. However, i dont think i would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i find this to be an average product; i don't actually use foundation on 'normal' days [bb cream addict!] so this was a little too thick & difficult to build for me compared to my bb creams, & as you wear it throughout the day it kind of starts looking cakey as it gets drier, but when it is freshly applied it looks really nice.
i've worn this to a family wedding reception but only because it was night time so you wouldn't see the cakeyness; the colour match isn't the greatest, i'm about a nc25 & got the light beige which is a tad too dark & orange for me. the colour one down was a bit too light & the tone wasn't right.
packaging is nice i like that you can see through the bottle & the pump is easy to use, though i much prefer tube packaging.
the price is average, but for that price i'd just get a nice tinted moisteriser which would make me look more natural and still have change left for some tinted lipbalm.