Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 7/26/2012 9:05:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this product because it is oil free i assume its targeted for oily skinned individuals, i have mild combination skin majority of it is oily and this cilngs to any dry skin on my face even if it weren't noticeable beforehand even with moisturizer beneath the foundation seems no good, shade range is really good for an affordable brand and it lasts really well with or without powder, but i will only use it when im at my oiliest point as weird as that sounds but because of using washes to control the oil and balance my skin there just doesnt seem to be any time for me and this foundation lol

on 7/25/2012 1:18:00 AM

The best foundation I have ever used! Gives an amazing coverage and doesn't leave my skin(normal) oily or dry, this product doesn't go a long way, but is still really worth getting , I love the scent of it! Only issues: the packaging is pretty tacky but hard to break and although it's great that there is a pump top , you can barely get any out!!!!! I recommend giving this product a go, the best I've ever used!

on 7/17/2012 7:56:00 AM

I like this foundation, it's the first high street brand I've tried in years for foundation and it hasn't disappointed. Coverage is sheer, so I tend to use it more for daywear rather than nights out. I also find that the staying power isn't too great - I feel it needs retouching compared to more expensive brands. This may also be due to humidity however, as I live in India at the moment. Normally I cannot see this on my skin at all, it covers slight marks but appears invisible to the eye (which is great) but in the hot humid 48c heat we've had recently I find it has risen to sit on my skin and gone patchy. So not ideal for hot or humid climates. For the price though, i think it's a great natural day foundation, especially for the price. I don't much like the container though. I find the pump does not always perform well unless I've had it stood upright or not pumped it down in the last 30 seconds or so.

on 7/17/2012 3:42:00 AM

One of the few foundations I have repurchased and that says alot!

This just beats Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua on so many levels for me. Better colour match, better finish, doesn't highlight uneven skin texture, better coverage, is about a third of the price. I buy it on echemist.co.uk for $AU11 with free postage! Seriously can not beat that. Unfortunately they only stock shades 51-53 and are frequently out of stock. But if you have patience, you will be rewarded with dewy natural finish skin, that just looks like you were naturally blessed.
I wear shade 52 which is a perfect match for me (Mac nc20-25, Chanel B20, Revlon colorstay 180 sand beige is the exact same shade!)

As for longevity, this is its only downfall. Looks good on me for about 5 hours, and then it starts to get a little shiny and begins to wear off. However I have started to mix this 50/50 with Revlon Colorstay and I have to say this combination makes some kick-ass foundation! It still looks natural but lasts a lot longer. Try it if you own these two foundations!

on 7/14/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my holy grail foundation! I have pale, sensitive, and acne prone skin so I have a hard time finding foundation that works for me. I've been using this foundation for a year and it's actually reduced the amount of breakouts I've had. It's comfortable and looks completely natural.

The only con is that I live in Canada and although Bourjois products are available here for some reason they don't sell this foundation (only the serum version) so it's a bit hard for me to track down.

on 7/14/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the best foundation I've ever used. Initially i wanted to try the Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation, but none of the shades matched my skin tone, so I decided to try the original, in shade 54 (Beige). AND THE SHADE WAS PERFECT!!. This was the first Bourjois product I have ever tried and I must say, I'm really impressed :) I LOVE THE SCENT, however the packaging does feel a bit cheap compared to the serum version. The texture is really smoothe and silky and feels great whenever I go out. I don't use powder over this foundation and it still lasts :) Awesome foundation and will definitely buy again!

on 7/13/2012 8:44:00 PM

I really liked this product, it felt really light on, nice fruity smell off of it and the coverage is buildable. Also when I put it on first I got complements about my skin. Sadly it doesnt last long on. It sank into my pores after about 3 or 4 hours and wiped off easily even though I set it with powder. This was a disappointment for me because it started off so well.

on 7/8/2012 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have been using this for a couple of months now and I have to say that it compares better than any of my high end foundations. I use it mostly for during the day and the finish is gorgeous! I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). This hydrates my dry areas and isn't an oil slick on the t-zone. I put a bit of powder on the t-zone that just to set it and it lasts all day. The coverage is light to medium (medium if you apply more). I love this though, as it looks like my skin, but more glowy and natural. Would definitley recommend!!

on 7/3/2012 12:56:00 PM

I am one of those girls who are constantly changing up their foundation, Almost every month cus nothing is good enough!
I have the Healthy mix in 52 Vanilla and i must say it's perfect for me, I have finally found a cheap foundation that works for me.

Yellow toned, mousturizing, covers well, smells lovely. I finnished my bottle in a little over a month.. A little bit does NOT go a long way with this one. But its affordable and gorgeous so completly worth it.

Thank you Bourjois!!

on 6/29/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'll just say it: this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. It's even better than a lot of high end foundations. It's a shame that it's shade selection is abysmal; it's just fair to light-medium skin. Dark-medium to dark skintones are completely left out. Plus, it's not sold in America; I had to buy it from a UK-based online store for $11. I read that Bourjois tried to break into the American market, but failed. Really, unfortunate for us Americans who like the brand.

I'm just started accutane so my skin right now is about dry-normal, but I think this would be doable for oily skin as well. I applied it like any foundation and it blends very easily, looks like second-skin, and never sunk into my pores or dry patches. It didn't dry my skin out further and lasted all day. 12 hours later my makeup still looks great, except it wore off some from my forehead and nose. Honestly, I have no complaints about performance. It didn't irritate my skin either. One thing that bothers me a bit is the strong apricot smell. At least it wears off quickly.

As for it's supposed skin benefits, I really can't say because accutane is doing wonders. Better something than nothing, though.

I'm a MAC NC15 and 51 Vanilla is a great match.

Video Reviews & Tutorials