March 1, 2015 | 1180 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Bertie

Dear You, Being a make-up junkie, I am always on the hunt for a foundation that does two things, ie, covers my imperfections whilst also looking as though I'm not wearing make-up. I appreciate this is probably a fruitless quest as, clearly, smearing on a layer of tinted liquid to try and hide one's natural skin is a contradiction in terms. But I can say that, hand on heart, this comes as close to achieving that aim as anything I have tried. You will not be interested in the shade I wear nor my skin colour as when reading reviews myself on this site, the least helpful points is when reviewers declare that they are a NW-something, or an N20. In the words of Ultravox, 'It means nothing to me.' The reference will give you some indication of my age (46). No matter. Let me tell you why I love this foundation. It's light to medium coverage which takes some getting your head around if your skin is less than perfect and you're on the hunt for the holy grail. However, I urge you to go with it. The texture and look of the foundation will take ten years off you. The finish is dewy and fresh and adds that look that one naturally had ten years ago. For years I have been using foundations that have a long staying power (EL Double Wear, Revlon Colourstay, and lately Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) but they all are so chalky, ie, it's so obvious one is wearing make-up. As far as longevity goes, well, Healthy Mix 'is not 16 hours as it claims to be but I have had so many compliments on how beautiful I look that I overlook the point that it doesn't stay perfect all day. At least the pump bottle is easy enough to use that if I'm going from office to party then I can easily carry it in my bag for a transitional touch up. And as far as the colour goes, I would say that I am pink based, but the foundation is a neutral shade that calms down any redness. All in all, for a high street (drug store) foundation, I haven't found anything better. Apart from Lucy Minerals which I prefer in the summer. See my other review if the mood takes you. Lots of love. I urge you to buy it. Oh, and other reviewers have said they breakout with this foundation. I did too, but only for the first two days. Stick with it. xx

21 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by juculin

Probably my favourite foundation, but the only reason I am giving it 4 lippies is because of the limited shade selection. I use the lightest shade in the summer when I am tan and I would use this year round if only they made lighter shades.
Other than that, this is a great foundation if you have dry/normal skin and you are looking for a light, moisturising and dewy foundation. Easy to blend and so natural looking. I love the smell but if you do not like scented foundations make sure you sniff the tester before buying it.
Another plus is the special pump that pushes the product upwards so you make the most of every drop of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

This is good product, quality over money. There aren't many colors available, but if you find one that best suits you, it is worth trying it.
Pros: It has a rather good staying power. It covers up nicely, provided that there aren't many breakout issues. It has a certain pigment, that gives a certain glow to face (probably a yellow undertone).
Cons: It begins to shine after a few hours. It easily gets on clothes if you accidentally touch or smear your face. It does not have SPF but this can be compensated by using an SPF face cream.
I would definitely re-purchase it again, as It's one of the best foundations I used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by emeliablack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation everday! I was worried about the smell as i dont like smelly products but i love this, it has just about good enough coverage and doesnt cause spots which is great news for me! Its easy to apply and i feel healthy using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by mayrameijer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation because it really brightens my complexion and gives it a healthy glow. It covers small imperfections and redness and blends easily so you don't need a lot of the product.
I've been using this foundation primarily during wintertime so I don't know if I'll be using it that much during the summer. Because of my combination skin I think I'll need a more matte foundation cause I think this one could get a little oily.
I wouldn't recommend it to people with very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 in MAC and got this in shade #53, which is a perfect match. I got it at Superdrug for £9.99, and it comes in a plastic bottle and cap. But don't let the price tag and the bottle fool you - the liquid inside is gold.

There's a lot of things that I love about this foundation, the first being that it doesn't break me out. This has a light liquidy consistency that is easy to spread and blend with fingers. It gives light to medium coverage and a natural glowing finish while covering my reddish acne scars. It makes my skin look well moisturized, plump, and healthy - and it most of all looks like my skin.

The only thing that I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't last very long, but that is fixed when I set it with my Cover FX Powder FX powder.

I can see why this foundation would not work for some people. Because I'm Chinese, the yellow undertones in this foundation work on my skin, but may not work for those with cool undertones. Also, I have dry/combination skin, but I find that this doesn't hold up well to hot weather, when my face gets really oily, so I don't really recommend it for oily skins.
Overall though, I really like this stuff, and I've asked a friend to help me buy more when she visits Europe.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all the smell is amazing!! Makes it a joy to put this foundation on. The coverage is light-medium which I like and it always leaves my skin with a natural glow. It is also easy to blend and inexpensive which is a plus. Would rec.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this off ebay in #55 Dark Beige. For reference I am 3w1 Tawny in ELDW, NC35 in Prolongwear, 310 in Revlon CS. I also have very very oily skin with medium acne-scarring and I live in a tropical weather. I bought this mainly because of the great review. The color is a tad too pinkish for my olive asian skin tone. But the color itself is not too dark on me nor too light. After 3-4 minutes of application, it oxidizes and suits my skin tone rather well aside from looking too pink. I have to say, upon application this has got to be the best finishes i have ever seen. It has really beautiful satiny finish and makes my skin almost translucent and glowy and natural. It really made me look radiant. Really love love the finish. It blends seamlessly into the skin and is very lightweight. But the staying power is bad, not 16hrs as it claimed. It lasted about 6 hours with regular (3 times)touch up. This doesnt help control any oilies I have. And this has a light-medium coverage, does not cover acne scars well, but it does even out the skin tone. I'd say that this would probably work best for someone with normal skin or dry skin and with relatively zero to minimal scarring, I'd imagine this could be HG for them. I'd probably wear this when I know I'd be out for less than a few hours and when i have good skin days.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Lizziepawlicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Didn't work for me, made me breakout and even the lightest shade is too dark for my complexion.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this foundation as part of a swap as I wanted to test it out before taking the plunge and buying it. Well I'm glad I did! I read great reviews about this foundation both on this website and others and thought it would provide luminosity and radiance to my skin. Because my skin is very dry it can often look quite "flat" and grey, so I need a foundation or a tinted moisturiser that will give my skin a bit of a "lift". As my skin is quite good I don't need a lot of coverage but this foundation did nothing for my skin. It only exacerbated the grey look of my skin and definitely didn't make me look healthy! I was really disappointed with this foundation, particularly because I have liked lots of the other foundations that Bourjois have produced over the years but this one is a bit of a dud for me. I would imagine it would look great on someone with normal or oily skin as it sets quite matte and doesn't have a dewy look about it. Maybe the Healthy Serum Mix might be better for me?