Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 4/7/2012 2:25:00 AM

I has nice coverage
I don't really care for the smell when I buy foundation but it does smell pretty nice, kinda fruity? like peaches or apricots or something, so well thats a plus
I'm pretty pale with a yellow undertone so I got 51 and it blends in to my skin verrryy well.
the packaging is nice because it has a pump and so I don't think you waste as much product when you buy this foundation.
BUT what I REALLY LIKE about this foundation is...
I have a somewhat dry skin
but this foundation is pretty hydrating? compared to other foundations
Like there would be other foundations that I enjoy wearing but my skin feels kinda dry throughout the day or after a couple of hours.
But this foundation is actually pretty hydrating! So I usually wear it on days when I'm sick but I need to wear makeup or when my skin feels more dry than other days.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this foundation. At first I was put off by the £10 price tag for 30ml, but I decided to take the splurge and buy it. It was possibly the best £10 I have ever spent. The shade range isn't great, however shade 51 is the perfect shade for me, but shade 52 is way to dark so the shade range is a bit hit and miss. The actual foundation is medium with buildable coverage, but looks so natural! When I apply this to my skin it covers my imperfections and evens my skin tone and makes me look air brushed, even if you apply it with your fingers! But it looks like my natural skin and glows and people always say I look so healthy and ask how I have such even skin? When I tell them it is foundation they don't believe me.
In my opinion this is totally 100% worth the money, however it is quite expensive because you need to use 1 1/2 to 2 pumps of this foundation to cover your whole face as it is quite liquidy.

I definately recommend you trying this foundation though as it is amazing! It does have a scent which is lucious, but don't be put off by the scent if you have sensitive skin, because I have super sensitive skin and it does not break me out or anything bad. It is also great for oily skin and doesn't make you break out, but you would need to set it with a powder.
Hope you found this helpful :)
Liv

on 4/5/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy this foundation! First of all, it smells delicious, so I love applying it. I feel that my skin really does look healthier when I apply it. I would describe it as a satin finish and lasts a good 8 hours on my combination oily skin. I don't feel that it clogs my pores. Sometimes I feel like it looks a little off in pictures though, not the white cast but just not as bright and pretty as it looks in person. Also, it has really great packaging, it's like a vacuum pump in a hard plastic bottle. It's nice that you get a pump, so it's hygienic but it's light since it's made of plastic so it's easy to travel with. Due to the vacuum pump, you can very clearly see the bottom edge of foundation container move up, so you know exactly how much you have left (think of those clicky concealer tubes).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation ! it's blends and buffs really well . It gives light to medium coverage . There's a stopper in the bottom that pushes up as you Pump it so you get every last bit of foundation so you really are getting value for your money :) and it's quite cheap too ! the packaging isnt the best considering its just the bottle nothing more nothing less it's a decent sized bottle so this foundation will last! I would definetly buy this foundation again ! I have normal skin and it doesn't cause me any trouble regarding breakouts ! Overall it is probably the best foundation I've ever bought and trust me I've been through quite a few :) I find it better than a lot of mac foundations but not all ! I wouldn't use it for a night out as the coverage isn't as strong as others x

on 4/4/2012 8:36:00 AM

Nothing Wrong with the packaging, just the foundation it's self... It doesnt last long at all - although it does feel nice on skin

on 4/3/2012 4:01:00 PM

Dear You, Being a make-up junkie, I am always on the hunt for a foundation that does two things, ie, covers my imperfections whilst also looking as though I'm not wearing make-up. I appreciate this is probably a fruitless quest as, clearly, smearing on a layer of tinted liquid to try and hide one's natural skin is a contradiction in terms. But I can say that, hand on heart, this comes as close to achieving that aim as anything I have tried. You will not be interested in the shade I wear nor my skin colour as when reading reviews myself on this site, the least helpful points is when reviewers declare that they are a NW-something, or an N20. In the words of Ultravox, 'It means nothing to me.' The reference will give you some indication of my age (46). No matter. Let me tell you why I love this foundation. It's light to medium coverage which takes some getting your head around if your skin is less than perfect and you're on the hunt for the holy grail. However, I urge you to go with it. The texture and look of the foundation will take ten years off you. The finish is dewy and fresh and adds that look that one naturally had ten years ago. For years I have been using foundations that have a long staying power (EL Double Wear, Revlon Colourstay, and lately Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) but they all are so chalky, ie, it's so obvious one is wearing make-up. As far as longevity goes, well, Healthy Mix 'is not 16 hours as it claims to be but I have had so many compliments on how beautiful I look that I overlook the point that it doesn't stay perfect all day. At least the pump bottle is easy enough to use that if I'm going from office to party then I can easily carry it in my bag for a transitional touch up. And as far as the colour goes, I would say that I am pink based, but the foundation is a neutral shade that calms down any redness. All in all, for a high street (drug store) foundation, I haven't found anything better. Apart from Lucy Minerals which I prefer in the summer. See my other review if the mood takes you. Lots of love. I urge you to buy it. Oh, and other reviewers have said they breakout with this foundation. I did too, but only for the first two days. Stick with it. xx

on 4/1/2012 4:11:00 PM

Probably my favourite foundation, but the only reason I am giving it 4 lippies is because of the limited shade selection. I use the lightest shade in the summer when I am tan and I would use this year round if only they made lighter shades.
Other than that, this is a great foundation if you have dry/normal skin and you are looking for a light, moisturising and dewy foundation. Easy to blend and so natural looking. I love the smell but if you do not like scented foundations make sure you sniff the tester before buying it.
Another plus is the special pump that pushes the product upwards so you make the most of every drop of product.

on 3/30/2012 4:36:00 AM

This is good product, quality over money. There aren't many colors available, but if you find one that best suits you, it is worth trying it.
Pros: It has a rather good staying power. It covers up nicely, provided that there aren't many breakout issues. It has a certain pigment, that gives a certain glow to face (probably a yellow undertone).
Cons: It begins to shine after a few hours. It easily gets on clothes if you accidentally touch or smear your face. It does not have SPF but this can be compensated by using an SPF face cream.
I would definitely re-purchase it again, as It's one of the best foundations I used.

on 3/28/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this foundation everday! I was worried about the smell as i dont like smelly products but i love this, it has just about good enough coverage and doesnt cause spots which is great news for me! Its easy to apply and i feel healthy using it!

on 3/27/2012 9:10:00 AM

I really like this foundation because it really brightens my complexion and gives it a healthy glow. It covers small imperfections and redness and blends easily so you don't need a lot of the product.
I've been using this foundation primarily during wintertime so I don't know if I'll be using it that much during the summer. Because of my combination skin I think I'll need a more matte foundation cause I think this one could get a little oily.
I wouldn't recommend it to people with very oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials