October 23, 2014 | 1924 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by xalliewallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm torn about this product! It has a fresh smell and the colour matches me great (I use 51 Vanilla) as I have pinkish skin and the colour is quite neutral based I'd say, so it cancels out my pinkish a bit but doesn't leave me looking like a simpson! The finish is quite dewy so it does transfer unless you set it or wait for it to dry, but the coverage is buildable and I find patting it over areas you need more coverage works a treat :)! Lasts all day on my skin with a good concealer on top! However, lately I've had quite bumpy, dry skin (thanks to a Liz Earle nightmare time) and I'm not sure if this foundation is helping much?! It doesn't cling to my dry patches TOO much but the scent etc does make me wary as to whether it is preventing my skin from fully healing :/ Overall, it's a nice foundation and a pretty good dupe for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by FreyaJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
-good coverage
-easy to apply
-fresh smell
-natural finish

CONS:
-takes a long time to dry
-limited shades
-slightly oily

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

~~My skin~~: normal, no pimples, not prone to breakouts, large pores, lots of blackheads on nose. Fair/medium with pink undertones so for reference I wear MAC NC25 or NC30 when tanned.

~~Product~~: Bourjois healthymix foundation in shade 53: beige clair/light beige

~~Shades~~: at first I thought this was too orange and dark for me, but now it looks like a good match (im a bit more tanned now) as I am normally a NC25 but now am a NC30. So IMO, NC25=52 and NC30=53. The undertones are neutral which is good cos it will suit most people, not a pink tone in sight (YAY!) but i tend to like my foundations really yellow based which is why i usually wear MAC foundations.. I have pink skin that looks nice and normal with a yellow toned foundation to counteract the pink.

~~Coverage~~: medium (maybe on the sheerer side of a medium), freckles on my nose still show, but skin tone evens out nicely.

~~Application~~: I found the best finish was when i pumped out 1 blob on my finger then dotted on my face, then another pump and dot that on my face, then stipple and buff in with a sigma F80 flat top kabuki. blends and spreads incredibly well.

~~Finish~~: very glowy, like a healthy glow.. not a sweaty look at all. however i wasnt so keen on my nose being glowy, so i would always apply a loose powder just to my nose with this foundation, but the glow it gives on the cheeks is beautiful... like an actual glow, not a "chunks of glitter" glow. It can feel sticky at first before it dries, but it is very light on the skin afterwards. Evens out skin tone well, covers redness well, freckles still show through (which i like!)

~~Durability~~: I was surprised this actually lasted a long time (i doubt it'll look good for 16 hrs, but why would i wear a foundation for 16 hours anyway?), and didn't get cakey or patchy. However I always wear a primer so I wouldnt know how it would hold up without primer. It definantly lasts well through a 9 hour work day and still looks good.

~~Other~~: Very strong smell of apricots, which i kinda like! I've always noticed after wearing this foundation that my skin looks and feels so moisturized and looks healthy and supple which is a bonus, i never knew wearing a foundation could be good for your skin!

~~Overall~~: I give it a 4, losing 1 mark because the shade range is limited (i dont think they cater for very pale skin or dark skin.) Even though the shade i have is neutral toned (which is nice) i would really love if it was more yellow undertoned. It lasts well, evens out my skin, gives the most beautiful glow, doesnt get oily, doesn't feel heavy or cakey (revlon colorstay I'm looking at you) so its just a lovely, pleasant, modest foundation :)

EDIT: this has broken me out :( so I give it a 3/5. At first I thought it was this, as whenever i wore it, the next day i would have a little pimple somewhere on my face but I ignored it thinking it was just stress.. but a few weeks ago when i was not stressed from anything I wore it for a whole week and accumulated a few pimples under the skin (not cystic ones). My skin has now cleared since ive stopped using this. Ive never broken out from something before and I dont even have acne prone skin. Such a shame.. I though it was "the one"

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by EsmeT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've spent years (and a fortune!) searching for a foundation this good! I use it in number 53, which matches my skin almost perfectly. I could probably do with it being a touch more yellow toned (I'd probably say it was neutral, but definitely leaning more towards warm toned than cool/pink) but as this is always a problem for me and i am exceptionally yellow(!), I can't really complain.

My make up goes on at about 8 in the morning and normally by 10, after an hour sitting in an air conditioned office, my foundation is dry and flaking off, patchy, or gone orange, but this stuff is great! I touch up quickly after lunch, but other than that it lasts all day and longer if I go out in the evenings post-work.

One lipstick off for the fact it does transfer quite easily, blowing my nose/talking on the phone quite often rubs some off. This isn't enough to put me off buying it again (and again, and again...) though, as I've really never found a foundation so good.

Coverage is easily buildable but always feels light, great colour, smells gorgeous, easy to apply in 30 seconds with my fingers, pump bottle keeps it clean and hygenic. I could go on forever, love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by staraya

I wish I could love this! the finish is great and it looks sooo good but it broke me out, so badly (which is rare). it's good for even-ing out skintone. It's so natural looking, you can't tell AT ALL that you're wearing any foundation. It feel like Chanel Vital Lumiere Aqua but with a little more grip and a tad less noticeable, it last a bit longer. It's a litttle thicker than my HG Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation.

Edit! Tried it again and now it doesn't break me out. Maybe it was a combination of my previous skincare and this but since I've changed my routine it works amazingly. It's come second to my HG. I use it on casual days. I'm a NC37, MUFE 128, Shiseido SP60, Chanel B40 and I use the Shade 55 sometimes 56 if i wanna look a little tan. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Wrenfly

My favourite foundation, I use the serum in fair. It gives light coverage, doesn't clog my pores and has such a sweet/berry scent. I set it with the loose powder, feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favourite foundations. It leaves the skin with a healthy glow, doesn't feel heavy, doesn't cake up, doesn't set on your pores or fine lines and has good staying power, even more when set with some loose powder or mineral powder.
I think this one is the best Bourjois foundations, I previously tried the 10 Hr sleep effect but it wasn't as good as this one.
I don't know how it works for combination or oily skin but it is brilliant for dry skin. I get compliments when I wear it on how good my skin looks and sometimes people don't even notice I'm wearing foundation at all.
The coverage is medium and you don't really need to use a highlighter with this foundation.
I would give it 5 lippies if it wasn't for the limited colour selection.
Definately going to keep buying this over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by lunepremie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to find a drugstore foundation that would work for me, and based on all the reviews on this site, I have decided to give this one a go. It worked really well for the first 2 weeks, and I was very happy about the purchase, however, I started breaking out and the break outs got worse the more used it. Now I am struggling to get rid of small pimples across my forehead and t-zone. I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately it's going straight into the bin.

>>update: a month later I think my skin is starting to get used to it, and it's causing fewer problems..this foundation has a good staying power, so I might purchase it again, since the cost is really cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by itcouldbesteph

I have searched for many years for a foundation that I love, and now I've found it! This stuff is amazing. It stays fresh all day and looks so natural, like you're not wearing makeup. I couldn't believe such a cheap foundation would be so good.
I wouldn't say this is a light foundation but it definitely wouldn't suit someone who has a lot they want to cover up. For me though, it makes my skin look flawless and so healthy!
The best foundation I am yet to try. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

Sometimes I love MUA and sometimes I think they are the bane of my existence (and pocketbook)! Yes, I have been saved a lot of bad purchases by looking here but I've also started lemming stuff that I would have never bought before. This is one of those purchases. Since I'm in the U.S. I haven't heard of this company or product until I saw it on here. So therefore of course, since I couldn't get it, I wanted it. I found an eBay seller who listed 20 bottles of these and sold out in 2 days. Lucky for me I got a bottle for about $11USD with shipping.

I have shade 52 Vanilla which will be perfect for me in winter but right now it's just a hair to light. I wear MUFE HD in 120 or L'Oreal Sand Beige for reference. I'm finding that this is a great little gem. I put one side on my face and my MUFE on the other. I find that this wears just as well as MUFE. The coverage is medium but I can see where you can build without cakeiness. It lasted all day without a primer. I'm really happy with this purchase and it was well worth the overseas shipping wait. I would definitely buy it again. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No