September 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by s0605037

this is the best foundation ever..it covers and evens out my skin tone without making me look cakey or powdery, i even put a light finishing powder over it to take away a little bit of shine coming through and smooth out my pores so i have a nice smooth matte complexion. i will not ever go back to BE or any liquid foundation. i have oily skin so after a long day when i need a touch-up just a light sweep of this will do the trick, you can layer it without it caking which i love...and a little bit goes a long way. i dont use the brush or the sponge that it comes with though, i actually use a big powder brush from studio gear. i think it gives it that more airbrushed appearance. loveeee!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by bevanm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE Pur Minerals. My skin is very sensitive and I get breakouts and clogged pores if I use anything creamy. This is the fastest foundation to apply and gives favulous results which really last - in fact you look better as the day goes on. I now have both my daughter (who is very fussy) and my daughter-in-law (who likes speed) using it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by exaudi33

Thanks again to the MUA gals for steering me in the right direction. You're like the mother/sisters I never had! When I go into the shops now, I know exactly what I want to try and not at the mercy of aggressive sales staff; no longer wasting time or money.

I've been using the Pur Minerals foundation in Light for the past week and full well delighted with it. The coverage and matte finish are superb, and it is the perfect new make-up for my (aspirin-yogurt-honey masque) improved complexion. Years ago I used the much more expensive La Bella Donna powder from Bergdorf's and this beats it hands down at a far cheapter price. And so simple and easy to use... Perhaps it's best for pink undertones? Anyway, I'll be going back to the store to stock up soon. Especially great in the summer to dispense with heavy concealer and liquid foundation. I got the 4-in-1 introduction kt with the brush and mineral glow which is also nice. Not sure about the marbelized powder but don't really care as it was a great foundation I needed, and a great foundation I got. Hooray.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mumsymum

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an update to the earlier review. Although I really loved this powder foundation after about 2 weeks of wear I started breaking out. My skin started itching. I think it is a wonderful foundation if you are not allergic to minerals. I have returned to the Cover Girl Aqua Smooth cream foundation, applying it with a damp sponge. Then I top it with Cover Girl Simply Powder foundation, using the Pur Mineral brush. It gives nearly the same effect as the Pur Minerals using two steps rather than one.

Earlier Review: I have been searching for the perfect foundation and I have found it with Pur Minerals. I have terrible skin, rosacea with broken capillaries and breakouts, large pores, oily and dry flaky skin. I am allergic to nearly everything I try. I was hesitant to try this having bad luck in the past with other mineral makeup. I was at Ulta and they said I could return it no questions asked. I purchased the starter kit in Light. I have to say I LOVE this makeup more than any I have ever used and I am 56 years old. It stays on all day. It is hot and humid where I live. It covers all my flaws and looks great. I use the pink mineral powder that came with the kit for blush and eye shadow. It works like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by leelamasson

I'm currently swapping between EDM and BE mineral makeup but when I slept in the other day and had only 15 mins to get out the door, it was this compact I reached for. Quick matte coverage including concealer in under a minute (using the MAC 187). It covers a lot of flaws but really does need a little extra over the top of it (ie highlighter such as BE radiance etc) to stop it looking too flat. Nice to have a mineral makeup that isn't messy to use also. For those with allergies or very sensitive skin however, it does contain Bismuth Oxychloride which many claim to have negative skin reactions to.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Piabeeb

Give me more of this product! I have never had such success with a mineral powder, much less a pressed one. Not only is it luminating, but it makes my skin look flawless without looking like I have pounds of makeup on. I don't have to reapply but one other time a day, which is more than I can say for our favorite loose mineral powder (you know what I'm talking about). It also has great coverage for those blemishes if using a concealer brush. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Fruitini

This is a great all in one mineral foundation that provides excellent coverage and matte finish!!! I use this daily and the compact usually lasts me for about month. Staying power is fabulous, although I do need to blot and reapply around my nose area in the afternoon. Touch up is a breeze since it comes in a compact instead of loose powder. Most importantly it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, I have tried EM and Sheer cover and this beats them hands down!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by drcosmetica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying Bare Minerals, Cover Girl Mineral Make-Up, Loreal, Neutrogena (as you can see, I've tried and tested many), I can honestly say that Pur Minerals provides the absolute best coverage. It goes on smoothly, doesn't give that shiny look and provides a very nice finish. The topper? If you have oily skin like me, (and I'll use Bare Minerals as the example here), I've had major problems with getting the underside of the lids really goopy due to the mineral make-up mixing with the oil from my skin. So, when I tried wiping the underside of the Bare Minerals lid clean, the paper would come off and then the adhesion/glue from the paper would literally goop up the lid moreso. There really was no way of cleaning the underside of the lid safely. With Pur Minerals, you can easily wipe away any debris which may accumulate from the tapping or swirling motion of the brush. The lid is wipeable!!! Gotta love that too. Overall, Pur Minerals is quality and quantity is excellent. The final effect is gorgeous, healthy looking skin without the hassles that other brands previously stated, causes. Definitely worth five lippies!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by badazzbarbi

LOVE LOVE LOOOVE This product!! i wear LIGHT and it works so great for my skin, i apply the primer potion before i use it and it goes on soooo smooth.. this is my love foundation, 25 dollars is expensive but it last a long time so its cooL!! love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Cossie220

I purchased the starter kit today in porcelain. Because of my acne I was hoping this makeup would give nice coverage and help my skin continue to clear up by not causing it to become worse. Right after I put it on I could tell it wasn't going to work for me. I had even bought the green primer, and you could still see straight through the foundation. I put on more, allowed it to set. It began to look very clumpy. All in all it just did not work for my skin, so until my derm is able to refer me to another makeup, I'm going back to using maybelline.