Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

I will start out by saying I have been a BE junkie for about 5 years now. On some occasions I have noticed my pores looking quite large. Now, I am 42 years old so I figured not much would help reduce the look of the size of my pores. Recently I was surveyed by BE. The questions were asking whther I would try or buy another brand of Mineral foundation. I really thought "No Way". I recently received an ad from Ulta (where I normally purchase BE) with a sale on Pur Minerals. I looked up the reviews on Makeup alley and they were definately mixed. I purchased the Pur Minerals and I sware my pores have shrunk. I know that's not possible but I really feel that the shimmery "glow" from BE accentuates the size of pores. I will never go back. my skin is too mature for the glow of BE. I relnquished my BE stash to my 16 year old daughter. The Pur packaging is very neat and convenient and the sponge works well. I do however use my BE kabooki brush aong with the sponge. I would definately reccomend trying Pur minerals and beleive me I thought I would never try another mineral foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I must say that this company has some of the worst customer service I’ve experienced. It took them 14 days just to ship my item and then once I returned it they said it would take up to 6 WEEKS for a refund. WOW that is just unacceptable. I suggested that they might want to benchmark Sephora’s shipping/return policy!

Obviously if I returned the product I wasn’t that pleased with it. I have oily skin around my chin and checks but dry skin on my nose and forehead. (Nice combo!) This makeup magnified the dry areas and did nothing for the oily areas. If anything I think it made my skin oilier. The coverage was only ok, it seemed to fade and rub off very easily. Also the color turned orange on me – which is never a good thing. I am still searching for that HG Foundation, I am now on to trying GloMinerals.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was VERY skeptical about trying this product. I have tried BE, JI, Jane, Physicians Formula, Almay, Cover Girl, you name. My overall opinion before Pur was that mineral makeup was pretty much shiny, glittery, not good coverage, and made my face VERY SLICK. But that's all changed now! I love this pressed foundation. Great coverage, natural looking, doesn't turn into weird colors, and it's reasonably priced. Another good reason I like this....it doesn't settle into my fine lines! Yeah!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I decided to try this product because Ulta was having a special. I got two for the price of one. One for me and one for my mom. We both love these minerals. It takes very little and it covers so well, it leaves my skin looking like porcelain, simply flawless. It also adds a nice glow without looking shiney. I have dry skin and this does not emphasize any dryness. I also am prone to breakouts but I have had no problems with this foundation. It never looks cakey on me, it actually looks better as the day goes on. It takes very little so this will last me a while. My mom will be 60 this year and this makes her skin look so soft and glowy. It covers redness reall well. I am very impressed!

This ended up breaking out my forehead, though the coverage was amazing .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This gives decent coverage and is easy to use, but it comes off way too easy even when I use primer and setting spray. Worst of all, it makes me break out.
UPDATE: I ran out of my HG mineral foundation and I used this on its own, without my Revlon Colorstay under. I really like how it worked on its own. It looked too heavy over the colorstay, and it didn't come off as easily on my clothes when I used it by itself. I didn't break out after wearing it for about 4 days in a row either. I must have had some hormonal action going on when I first tried this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the best foundation ever..it covers and evens out my skin tone without making me look cakey or powdery, i even put a light finishing powder over it to take away a little bit of shine coming through and smooth out my pores so i have a nice smooth matte complexion. i will not ever go back to BE or any liquid foundation. i have oily skin so after a long day when i need a touch-up just a light sweep of this will do the trick, you can layer it without it caking which i love...and a little bit goes a long way. i dont use the brush or the sponge that it comes with though, i actually use a big powder brush from studio gear. i think it gives it that more airbrushed appearance. loveeee!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE Pur Minerals. My skin is very sensitive and I get breakouts and clogged pores if I use anything creamy. This is the fastest foundation to apply and gives favulous results which really last - in fact you look better as the day goes on. I now have both my daughter (who is very fussy) and my daughter-in-law (who likes speed) using it too.

Thanks again to the MUA gals for steering me in the right direction. You're like the mother/sisters I never had! When I go into the shops now, I know exactly what I want to try and not at the mercy of aggressive sales staff; no longer wasting time or money.

I've been using the Pur Minerals foundation in Light for the past week and full well delighted with it. The coverage and matte finish are superb, and it is the perfect new make-up for my (aspirin-yogurt-honey masque) improved complexion. Years ago I used the much more expensive La Bella Donna powder from Bergdorf's and this beats it hands down at a far cheapter price. And so simple and easy to use... Perhaps it's best for pink undertones? Anyway, I'll be going back to the store to stock up soon. Especially great in the summer to dispense with heavy concealer and liquid foundation. I got the 4-in-1 introduction kt with the brush and mineral glow which is also nice. Not sure about the marbelized powder but don't really care as it was a great foundation I needed, and a great foundation I got. Hooray.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is an update to the earlier review. Although I really loved this powder foundation after about 2 weeks of wear I started breaking out. My skin started itching. I think it is a wonderful foundation if you are not allergic to minerals. I have returned to the Cover Girl Aqua Smooth cream foundation, applying it with a damp sponge. Then I top it with Cover Girl Simply Powder foundation, using the Pur Mineral brush. It gives nearly the same effect as the Pur Minerals using two steps rather than one.

Earlier Review: I have been searching for the perfect foundation and I have found it with Pur Minerals. I have terrible skin, rosacea with broken capillaries and breakouts, large pores, oily and dry flaky skin. I am allergic to nearly everything I try. I was hesitant to try this having bad luck in the past with other mineral makeup. I was at Ulta and they said I could return it no questions asked. I purchased the starter kit in Light. I have to say I LOVE this makeup more than any I have ever used and I am 56 years old. It stays on all day. It is hot and humid where I live. It covers all my flaws and looks great. I use the pink mineral powder that came with the kit for blush and eye shadow. It works like a dream.