E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

on 7/8/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE this, I would buy it a million times over I love it that much. It's so creamy and it's actually easier for me to apply than pencil or liquid eyeliner. It's so easy to get a smooth perfect line and it's so pigmented.
Seriously, I rarely wore eyeliner because I hated applying it/it dragged my eyelid/it was difficult to get a nice line. This is HG status for me.
The packaging looks so professional and high end, you would never know that it costs 3.50. I will never ever use pencil or liquid eyeliner again. This is the best eyeliner I have ever used. I really recommend the Studio Small Angled Brush for use with this.

I have this in black, and while I love it, it is a bit streaky and I have to go over my lines a few times to get an opaque line. That said, for the price, this is a great product for doing a dramatic cat-eye. I use a very fine detail line acrylic paint brush to draw in the acute triangle...it works great for this purpose and comes with a lot of product.

If you are having trouble with the eyeliner smudging, I suggest going over it with a black eyeshadow. I use NYX Black on top and it makes the line pop and much more pigmented. I'm not sure if I'd purchase this in the other colors, but the black liner is decent and I like it better than liquid liner for detail work. I wouldn't use this on the waterline though, it doesn't have great staying power without an eyeshadow to set it.

on 7/1/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this product in my recent 50% off E.L.F haul, and I've been using it everyday on my top lash line since.

For 3 dollars this is a great buy!

I have the black shade and when I first opened it I was very impressed with the packaging it looks sleek and professional plus you get a pretty decent amount of product.

After that I used a flat angled eyeliner brush just to swatch it on my hand, the line was smooth and very very black...After I gave it about a minute to dry (It's not exactly quick drying but that can be a good or bad thing) I rubbed it and it was set and would not rub off, I have washed my hands multiple times since then and it has faded a bit but it's still there. So it's very pigmented and long lasting!

On my eye it didn't flake or fade, it looked great from when I applied it at about 7 in the morning through the whole night.

I only bought one of these to try out but I am very very pleased and plan to purchase the other colors and a back up of the black!!

on 7/1/2010 6:47:00 PM

I feel kinda stupid for writing a bad review since it was only a dollar fifty, but I just wanna let people know my experience with this cream liner. First, the packaging is good. Nice and simple. I got my color in coffee, and it resembles of a medium brown color. I really do wish I had gotten black because it seems to look like something else thats brown... I think you know where Im going with this o_o
Anywhoo, the product itself is very creamy. So creamy is easy to get too much. Its a very moist consistency as well, yet not very rich. I prefer a texture thats a bit more on the dry side therefore I have more control. With this, when applied on the upper lash line, its extremely soft so its very easy to smudge it and make plenty of mistakes if your not careful. And the color is not as opaque unless you run it over about three times but then you just get thickness all over, which isnt attractive. As for lasting power, I have an "unsmooth lashline" so with some liners, its very easy for liners to crease. This product not only creases, but it fades. Big time. Only very few liners have great lasting power for me. Unfortunately, this wasnt one of them. So overall I don't think this product is as great as it may seem. Its definitely worth checking out if youre interested though.

on 7/1/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update 09/2011: I'm switching this from 5 to 3 lippies. While the color may be a nice deep blue, it dries up VERY fast. I have both midnight and gunmetal. Both dried up very fast, compared to my Physician formula one. I still love elf products, but I don't think I will keep purchase the cream eyeliners anymore..

I have this in Midnight, which is a very very dark blue. As others have said, it does look almost black, but I can still see the blue hue in it. I find the packaging to be very cute and sleek looking. The texture is very creamy and goes on very smoothly. I don't use any primer with it, and it stays on my lower lash line all day, with no runnign or smudging. I really like cream liners and I'm very glad elf came out with them too. It's only $3 but if you wait for it when its on sale, there are always 50% off sales. I definitely plan on purchasing the other colors soon, I hope they'll come out with a purple one!

on 6/24/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

First time using cream eye liner and impressed! When used with an angled eye liner brush, it creates a nice winged out eyeliner. The texture is creamy but doesn't dry that fast. It stays all day with an eye shadow primer and setting the liner with eye shadow. Love it!

on 6/22/2010 8:18:00 PM

Wow I'm surprised by some of the bad reviews here! I LOVE this stuff. I have it in black, and before this, I had been usuing L'Oreal's HIP truth cream eyeliner....I got this stuff with a free gift with my last ELF purchase. I absolutely love it. It's so, so creamy and easy to apply! And I love how opaque it is; a very dark, matte black; which is what I like for an eyeliner. I used the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush to apply and had perfect, impressive winged eyeliner in less than 2 minutes. I'm very pleased and will certainly re-purchase, as $3 certainly is better than the $11 I paid for the L'Oreal.

on 6/18/2010 11:22:00 AM

The black is definitely black. After smuding it with my finger quite a few times on my hand some of the color left. But that was only after vigorously rubbing or rubbing with oil. Will update how it wears on eyes later.

The color is very black, not brown or blueish black. It is pretty easy to work with, not dry, and does not come off in less you took a shower or rubbed excessively.

Stays on better than NYC's pencils, and does not leave smudge marks, just gradually the color leaves when smudged exc.

on 6/12/2010 11:36:00 PM

I do not understand how can people can give it a 5.It's totally horrible.Yes.it's cheap but i don't think I would pay 3$ for something makes me angry for using it.

on 6/6/2010 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im a big fan of cream/gel liner and this liner is reasonably good for its price. It come in this box like clear jar with black lid, looks very high end, very sleek. Not dry, actually its creamy. I've only used it for about 3 days and im quite impressed. For the price, you cant beat that.