E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

on 6/18/2010 11:22:00 AM

The black is definitely black. After smuding it with my finger quite a few times on my hand some of the color left. But that was only after vigorously rubbing or rubbing with oil. Will update how it wears on eyes later.

The color is very black, not brown or blueish black. It is pretty easy to work with, not dry, and does not come off in less you took a shower or rubbed excessively.

Stays on better than NYC's pencils, and does not leave smudge marks, just gradually the color leaves when smudged exc.

on 6/12/2010 11:36:00 PM

I do not understand how can people can give it a 5.It's totally horrible.Yes.it's cheap but i don't think I would pay 3$ for something makes me angry for using it.

on 6/6/2010 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im a big fan of cream/gel liner and this liner is reasonably good for its price. It come in this box like clear jar with black lid, looks very high end, very sleek. Not dry, actually its creamy. I've only used it for about 3 days and im quite impressed. For the price, you cant beat that.

on 6/5/2010 6:50:00 PM

it's weird that when asked to rate it by the numbers, it lost a lot of points on those aspects but that i've been finding myself using it more lately after neglecting it for 2 months after initial purchase.

i ignored it at first because i can't use this as a "wear-alone" product and that is a definite disadvantage to me because i like a quick makeup routine, that will take me throughout the day. but lately i have been layering this on top of my liquid liner to try to make it last longer. read below about that :).

*color/ pigmentation:
i bought these in black, midnight (very dark navy blue), coffee (dark brown that goes on darker than it looks in the jar) and a drawback to what could be gorgeous colors is the way the formula seems to go on - not very pigmented, so not good for lining - especially not for thin, stark dark precise lines - this is not your product for that, unfortunately. it goes on my lids washed out and just quite unspectacularly :(. maybe i got a bad batch :(. (for all 3 of the colors i ordered?)

*consistency/ texture:
once again, maybe i got a bad batch but it can be at times more creamy *but* usually it seems pretty dry and gritty, and even when it's creamy the color goes on washed out on my lids.

*lasting ability:
moment of truth: is this waterproof? i find it more waterproof than some other drugstore pencil or liquid liners that claim waterproof ability *but* it's more like 70% waterproof. it will come off with repeatedly watering eyes or wetting the eyes, maybe not the first 2 times but it starts to get the the product and wear it down, at which point it will smudge your eye area :(.
``i layer this on top of a liquid eyeliner to help the pigmentation and also it seems to hold the liners there in place for longer throughout the day. could be psychological though, lols.``
***HOWEVER, i do think that if you want a good eyeliner for $3, this is YOUR BABY.

i am disappointed by the pigmentation and the way it looks when it goes onto the lids but kinda impressed that e.l.f. managed to make something for $3 that doesn't smudge all over - that's pretty impressive, considering a lot of kohl eyeliners in the drugstores sell for that much and smudge all over the darn place. so, for $3, this is your bet for an eyeliner that will stand up to quite a few, but obviously not all, perturbations.

edit 1: the plastic packaging worries me a little because the product already seems dry and porous plastic will probably exacerbate that (and probably caused the drying in the first place).

edit 2: i can't believe i forgot to mention this but the first time i used it, it dried even more grittier on my lids and little bits of the dried eyeliner kept falling into my eye after so that my contacts and eyes got really irritated (and that's how i discoved the watery eyes and smudging i mentioned).

on 6/1/2010 11:39:00 AM

Very good eyeliner. Easy to apply accurately with a fine brush. Long wearing but easy to remove with a facial wipe and not harsh looking. Of course there is the price! Great value for money! Will definitely buy again when I run out... but the pot is pretty big and so little is used, so it'll be a while...

on 5/18/2010 5:21:00 PM

EDIT: Dried up too fast, probably because the jar is plastic. Not worth it to replace it every few months. I've had mac fluidlines for over a year and it hasn't even started drying up!

on 5/18/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got this in black and blue. I LOVE the black one, it has major staying power, with no smearing whatsoever. the blue one on the other hand is streaky and does not have much color pay off. one little pot lasts you pretty long too, i already ordered a second black one. :D this one is a keeper! so cheap!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in the blue colour, because I already have black, brown and bronze; so I thought blue would be interesting. It's pretty dark, so you can barely tell that its blue. I didn't mind that, since it worked nicely with my tan skin. The application was as smooth as my Stila and Clinique. I thought it dried quickly though. My eyes are sensitive because I wear contacts, there was no problems there. Totally worth the $3.

on 5/4/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this product! This is the third gel/creme eyeliner I've tried. It was a very small learning curve to figure out how to use them. I will say that this is actually easier to use than a liquid, pencil, powder or pen. I originally started with a pencil, which can be tough to get a bold line. Powders have fallout. A pen always looks like you literally used a magic marker. And a liquid can be hard to control and get out of control really quickly. This is perfect. A bold, perfectly controlled line. This also miraculously enables me to achieve a cat eye a lot easier too. The brush that comes with this is perfect also, but requires cleaning about every two applications, which can be sort of inconvenient. This doesn't smudge, run, flake, or do anything silly. Love!

on 4/29/2010 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this gel liner! The formula is smooth and easy to apply and the colour stays on all day! See? Not everything cheap is poor quality :)