E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

on 5/4/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this product! This is the third gel/creme eyeliner I've tried. It was a very small learning curve to figure out how to use them. I will say that this is actually easier to use than a liquid, pencil, powder or pen. I originally started with a pencil, which can be tough to get a bold line. Powders have fallout. A pen always looks like you literally used a magic marker. And a liquid can be hard to control and get out of control really quickly. This is perfect. A bold, perfectly controlled line. This also miraculously enables me to achieve a cat eye a lot easier too. The brush that comes with this is perfect also, but requires cleaning about every two applications, which can be sort of inconvenient. This doesn't smudge, run, flake, or do anything silly. Love!

on 4/29/2010 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this gel liner! The formula is smooth and easy to apply and the colour stays on all day! See? Not everything cheap is poor quality :)

on 4/29/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I heard great things about this eyeliner so I decided to try it. This really has staying power on me. It lasted all day no fading or smearing. I would strongly recommend this eyeliner and you can't beat the price and as we all know ELF always has a discount code.

on 4/27/2010 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have the black one and I absolutely love it! The colour is really black and it's really easy to work with, cause it's very creamy, but it stays all day long. I recommend this.

on 4/23/2010 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Ivory Cream Liner (Studio line): $3 for 0.16oz.
Texture: More of a gel/cream imo, I can see why other reviewers say "watery" or "wet", but I wouldn't say that, I think it has a lot more slip to it than other cream liners and it's definitely solid in the pot. It glides on really well, but isn't greasy, it feels very silky, sets quickly and doesn't have any tackiness. It has lots of shimmer, although I don't find it to be chunky or gritty, the particles are very small, but you WILL see shimmer.
Color: Pale, shimmery, white. It's not opaque at all, absolutely no white or ivory pigmentation, more of a sheer, shimmery veil. Head on, w/o lighting, you won't see anything, but when the light hits it, it becomes a pearly white shimmer.
My coloring: I am very pale, fairer than BE Fair and MAC NC15 for reference.
I really like this liner, it has a great price, great packaging for a cream and is very versatile on my pale skin. I currently don't have anything like it in my stash, so I consider it a unique find. Since it isn't opaque it doesn't scream "I'm using white liner!" and does a great job of brightening the eye area for me w/o looking "mod". I've used it to line the upper lid, lower waterline, in the inner corners and even as an under eye concealer and had great results with each. Great staying power in all cases and hardly any creasing, even under the eye. I should mention that my lids and eye area are dry, so I have no idea how this would work for those w/ oily lids. I think it would also make a great base for shimmery shadows or as a highlight for the brow bone. I didn't have any problems w/ application, it slid onto my lids very evenly. If you are looking for an opaque, non-shimmery liner, then I wouldn't recommend this. If you are at all familiar w/ the CG smoothers cream e/s or "cooling effect" e/s, this is what the consistency is like.

Review for the Black color:
This is a decent gel eyeliner. I say gel, because the consistency didn't really seem like a cream to me. It's a solid gel - you have to sort of draw your brush across the surface to pick up product rather than dip it straight in like you would a soft cream, but I don't mind so much. The color is a matte black with decent pigmentation. I feel like I have to go over my line twice to get true opacity. It wears well on greasy lids, doesn't flake, and comes off without much trouble. However, if I compare this to my beloved WnW creme liner, it certainly falls short. The WnW wears like iron and this does not. The WnW is super soft and creamy and this is not. The WnW gives true opaque black color in one line and this does not. Overall, it's just decent. I won't be repurchasing since I obviously have a product that works better for me, but those people that find the WnW to wear TOO much like iron may find this a suitable replacement. It costs $3 full price. The packaging looks nice, but is plastic and will probably dry out quickly.

Review for the Ivory color:
I bought this to line my waterline with, as white pencil eyeliners never seem to last. I can sum this up in two words: UTTER FAIL. Yeah. The color of this isn't really white - it's just chunky shimmer. When swatched, it looks silver. This isn't creamy or gel-like, it's just chunky and applies horribly. I can't get a smooth line to save my life. I've used it on my waterline and regretted it immediately. Not only can I not get even coverage, but the shimmer irritates my eyes. I hate wasting product, so I tried using this as an eyeshadow base. It fails there as well. The shimmer is too OTT and no matter how much e/s I tried to put over it, I just looked like a disco-ball. Do yourself a favor and avoid this. It's not even worth trying. continued >>

on 4/13/2010 3:08:00 PM

Overall, I am very impressed - although, at only $3 it doesn't take much. I got this liner in brown or coffee as I believe E.L.F. calls it. It a matte medium brown with a creamy consistency and applies well with no streaking or flaking. The color impact could be a bit better, but It's buildable if you want a more dramatic line. So far so good with wear. I've had it on 7 hours now and no sign of smudging or flaking. All in all it's a good value for the money and I would consider buying more if the color choices improve.

on 4/7/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is creamy and very easy to apply. But the one that I got (navy blue) doesnt have much color payoff. If you are looking for a subtle line, give it a shot, but if you like your eyes very well defined, stick to the traditional liquid liner.

on 4/6/2010 2:51:00 PM

I got this in black and I love it. It is very easy to apply and is a very nice black. I am looking into getting some of the other colors too.

It is sort of a weird consistency but it applies very well.

on 4/4/2010 6:42:00 AM

Price: cheap only $3
Size: .16 oz/ 4.7gm
Packaging: Plastic square jar, see through and quite elegant looking. The cap I'm not really sure whether it tightly closes the product, its not a fully screw on and off, its more of a twist to open and close.
Smell: no strong smell that I can detect
Color: Black, this is a decent dark black- haven't tried the other colors
Consistency: very creamy and soft, if you're looking for something firm, this is not it. It might come on thick, but that can be fixed.
Application: I would definitely recommend an eyeliner brush. This makes a great fast smokey eye, but you kinda have to be quick with your fingers.
Finish: Matte black and dry- I thought it would be too creamy and oily but it dries quick, maybe at times too quick.
Staying power: amazing. It has survived a super long nap, a shower and very oily humid days in a tropical country. But comes off easily with makeup remover wipes.

Overall:
I really really like this product. I've been searching for an eyeliner that would actually stay on my bottom eyeline, nothing has worked except for foiling black eyeshadow. But this is wonderful, it glides effortlessly on my eyelids, no tugging or pulling, it stays on my eyelids, with no creasing. It actually looks natural with a light layer. I think its all about using the right brush. Its worth shelling out 3 bucks for it.

Edit: I still love this product. I got it in coffee and purple. Coffee is a soft brown and purple is not quite dark enough for me, so I kinda use it as a smoky cream eyeshadow sometimes.
So after about 6 months of using it, they somewhat eyeliner dried up on me. I freaked out, I put a few drops of glycerin and primer and microwaved that for a few second, mixed it up and it was good as new.