E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I brought the cream liner in black. I like this cream liner.The cream liner does not dry out like some I have tried. It last a long time and i have still yet to finish the product but I wish it was dark. This eyeliner is not as good as HIP loreal cream eyeliner but it is great for the price with a good eyeliner brush.

on 7/14/2010 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Like these alot, I have the white one and the brown one (can't remember the m exact names). They are really nice and creamy and unlike some reviewers, on me they stay all day. I do use a primer, and have no fading issues. The brown is a coffee color and I like the constancy. I don't reach for the white that often, but that is because I have several whites I use to 'open' the eye. I've used the Bobbi Brown ones and several other higher-end cream liners, and these are pretty darn close IMO. Great for the budget minded m/u lover:)

on 7/14/2010 7:37:00 PM

I bought all four colors during a recent ELF sale. I must say that so far, so good! They are very creamy, and the pigmentation is awesome too. There is NO flaking or fading throughout the day. I will positively repurchase this product!

There are trully no words to describe just how awful this product is. I had gotten it after hearing some fellow MUA'ers talk about how the ivory shade made shadows really pop. I thought "Hmm..a cheaper alternative to MAC paint pots!" What I got was just ridiculous. No, these are nothing like MAC paint pots but that isn't what made the product so bad. First of all - it's very, very soft - not a bad thing except I have oily lids so this didn't stay on. Secondly - the product goes on SO thin..it's like nothing is there! I know these only sell for $3 but $3 is still too much to pay out for a bad product!

on 7/11/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have one in black, been using this for around 2 months.

The color : is not as dark as I would like it to be (for my nc42 skin I'd like to wear really strong color as my eyeliner). I was expecting a jet black color and this just not it. I've to line several times to get the color intensity I wanted.

The texture : is not as creamy as mad gel liners are, thus the application is harder..

Also, after using the same pot for over 2 months, this cream eyeliner is drying up already in the pot, what...?and I didn't even use it everyday.
Luckily, I tried dipping my eyeliner brush first in my Silk naturals mixing medium and this somewhat so so liners is now becoming my go to liners. Mixing it, the color finally shows up as a true jet black color and no more problem with drying liners when I use mixing medium.

the positive thing about this product is it doesnt smudge and give me that racoon eyes and it cost somewhat cheap, so 2 lippies for that

But will I buy this product again?no...on its own, it just doesn't meet my expectation in terms of color payoff and the fact that it dries up so so fast in the pot

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These are great liners! I have Black and Coffee. Black is a very dark matte color and the coffee is a dark matte brown. These are only three dollars each, so they're a great deal. They're super pigmented as well. I compared Coffee to Maybelline Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Brown and they are literally the same exact thing, except the e.l.f liner was better than the Maybelline. I swatched both liners on my hand and they look exactly the same, only the e.l.f didn't fade even when I rubbed it really hard while the Maybelline did. Both the liners have excellent staying power and are dark brown except for the e.l.f is a better buy because it's slightly bigger than the Maybelline and cost five dollars less. Overall I greatly reccomend these and will buy again.

on 7/8/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE this, I would buy it a million times over I love it that much. It's so creamy and it's actually easier for me to apply than pencil or liquid eyeliner. It's so easy to get a smooth perfect line and it's so pigmented.
Seriously, I rarely wore eyeliner because I hated applying it/it dragged my eyelid/it was difficult to get a nice line. This is HG status for me.
The packaging looks so professional and high end, you would never know that it costs 3.50. I will never ever use pencil or liquid eyeliner again. This is the best eyeliner I have ever used. I really recommend the Studio Small Angled Brush for use with this.

I have this in black, and while I love it, it is a bit streaky and I have to go over my lines a few times to get an opaque line. That said, for the price, this is a great product for doing a dramatic cat-eye. I use a very fine detail line acrylic paint brush to draw in the acute triangle...it works great for this purpose and comes with a lot of product.

If you are having trouble with the eyeliner smudging, I suggest going over it with a black eyeshadow. I use NYX Black on top and it makes the line pop and much more pigmented. I'm not sure if I'd purchase this in the other colors, but the black liner is decent and I like it better than liquid liner for detail work. I wouldn't use this on the waterline though, it doesn't have great staying power without an eyeshadow to set it.

on 7/1/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this product in my recent 50% off E.L.F haul, and I've been using it everyday on my top lash line since.

For 3 dollars this is a great buy!

I have the black shade and when I first opened it I was very impressed with the packaging it looks sleek and professional plus you get a pretty decent amount of product.

After that I used a flat angled eyeliner brush just to swatch it on my hand, the line was smooth and very very black...After I gave it about a minute to dry (It's not exactly quick drying but that can be a good or bad thing) I rubbed it and it was set and would not rub off, I have washed my hands multiple times since then and it has faded a bit but it's still there. So it's very pigmented and long lasting!

On my eye it didn't flake or fade, it looked great from when I applied it at about 7 in the morning through the whole night.

I only bought one of these to try out but I am very very pleased and plan to purchase the other colors and a back up of the black!!

on 7/1/2010 6:47:00 PM

I feel kinda stupid for writing a bad review since it was only a dollar fifty, but I just wanna let people know my experience with this cream liner. First, the packaging is good. Nice and simple. I got my color in coffee, and it resembles of a medium brown color. I really do wish I had gotten black because it seems to look like something else thats brown... I think you know where Im going with this o_o
Anywhoo, the product itself is very creamy. So creamy is easy to get too much. Its a very moist consistency as well, yet not very rich. I prefer a texture thats a bit more on the dry side therefore I have more control. With this, when applied on the upper lash line, its extremely soft so its very easy to smudge it and make plenty of mistakes if your not careful. And the color is not as opaque unless you run it over about three times but then you just get thickness all over, which isnt attractive. As for lasting power, I have an "unsmooth lashline" so with some liners, its very easy for liners to crease. This product not only creases, but it fades. Big time. Only very few liners have great lasting power for me. Unfortunately, this wasnt one of them. So overall I don't think this product is as great as it may seem. Its definitely worth checking out if youre interested though.