August 21, 2014 | 964 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by homer007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'v used this product for about a year now but not for my eyebrows, I use it as a globliner (the gel) and the powder to softly shadow upwards. It works perfectly for weekdays when I don't want to look as I'm wearing to much makeup but nevertheless want to draw attention to my heavy eyelids. Try it, maybe you like it to!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Pilipala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in medium and I have dark brown hair. I actually find the powder a little too orangey for me so I just like to use the wax which is a little coloured anyway. I find that the wax on its own gives me a nice natural look but still darkens and fills in any gaps I have. It's not a greasey wax so it does not looks shiny on the brows. The packaging is lovely and this is one of the few products I own which came with a useable applicator! There's a little angled brush for the wax and a fluffier brush for the powder. I would definitely buy it again but will probably end up throwing away the powder when the wax is used up. I only use a tiny amount of wax each time so it is lasting me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is actually a great product. Pretty similar to the Benefit one (think it's called brow zings).
I like the whole wax and powder concept and it works really nicely for my eyebrows.
The problem I have with this is that it is too light for me, even in the darkest shade. The powder is pretty damn light expecially compared to the wax.
I have black hair and very fair skin. This makes my eyebrows appear medium brown and that just won't work for me.
I think I'll use the wax with an eyeshadow in the right colour for me.
Such a pity, this could have been an awesome thing to carry in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OK so obviously this is from ELF so its super cheap and you can't expect amazing quality for it. I think its $5 and under quality, I wouldn't pay more than that for a similar product. I'm warm-neutral toned, NC20, light-med. brown hair. Since seeing the rave reviews on MUA, I decided to try it since it couldn't hurt being so inexpensive.

I got it in Medium It's a good match in terms of color. The powder is a light-medium brown color. It definitely pulls a brassy orange color underneath the brown as do most cheapy brown mu products so be aware of that. That orange undertone and the consistency of both sides of the kit is why I'm only giving it 3 stars.

The wax side is strange. It's a very dark- a dark brown much darker than the powder- and can actually color your brows with just the wax alone. The wax is very dry, it's almost too dry to even call a wax.It tints the brows without filling in any empty spaces. I wish it was clear because the powder side is a perfect match in level so I can only apply the wax lightly to avoid giving my brows a strange dark tint.

Now, the powder is very cheap and hard to blend. It is very chalky and remains powdery looking despite using the wax that came with it both before and after using the powder. It doesn't blend in very well, just sorts of sits there, looking like you smudged your brows with brow color. I tried using my regular angled brow brush to blend it but it really doesn't blend very well at all. It also smudges super easily. All I have to do is run my finger through my brow and it rubs off. So in that case, its easy to remove excess, but has no staying power whatsoever.
The little angled brush that comes with the kit is actually somewhat helpful for blending it out though. Also like I mentioned earlier, it pulls a orange undertone. (This is just the medium/brown though, that may not be the case for the lighter brow kits).

Despite this, this is probably the best $3 brow powder you're going to be able to find because it's decent. If you have $3.50 more though, I'd recommend the Ulta brow pencil instead because it blends easily and does not pull a brassy undertone to it.

I'll put this in my car to use if I need to on the run but its not quite my favorite for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

My favourite brow kit, the wax puts some order to my brow hair (I have long hairs) and fills in the spaces really naturally too. The powder sets it and lightens it a bit too to soften the look. Love it !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seriously, this product is HG material for me, and for 4!!
I don't have serious brow issues, mine are pretty full and decently defined, so I only need some filling and grooming, because I like to have them perfect.
I've been trying several eyebrow pencils (Lancome, Rimmel, Essence) with varying results, and I think they really help to get an ultra-full and defined brow, but they are usually too reddish or too dark to suit my cool-toned medium blonde hairs. So I heard of this product and saw the great reviews here, and decided to give it a try.
I bought this in Ash, which came out to be the perfect shade for my eyebrows! The gel is not too dark nor too light, has the perfect consistency and I love to apply it with ELF Studio Angled Brush. You really can't tell the difference between my hairs and the gel when applied. The powder helps setting everything and creating a natural overall shade. I also like to apply a fixing gel to keep them in place.
What is really interesting is that I also used this product to draw eyebrows on my grandma, who used to overpluck them and now is left with NO brows at all. Any pencil would have looked fake, while this gel allowed me to draw a natural curved brow with an outstanding result.
The packaging is great. I love the black case and the fact they included a small mirror. If you can, try using the Angled Brush to apply the gel, but the small applicator they provide works pretty well anyway.
My only "complaint" is that it doesn't have an outstanding staying powder, like some pencils do, but you can still manage to get through an 8-hour workday with fabulously natural eyebrows.
Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hautechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once again, ELF didn't disappoint with this product. Love it and it has become my HG. I use the ash color (I'm a fake blonde). It makes my eyebrows look amazing!! Can't be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I have almost invisible eyebrows and this kit in medium works great for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I love this eyebrow kit!! It's fabulous. It works like a dream. I mostly only use the brown wax to define my brows but I sometimes will use the powder too. The packaging is super sleek and it comes with a cute little double sided applicator. I use it sometimes, but I mostly use with an angled eyeliner brush. I love how cheap this is. I'd repurchase over and over again. If I had to complain about it, the only thing I'd say is to offer it in more color ranges (the powder). The powder is a bit light for me. I have dark black hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

nice cheap brow filler.
i have dark and very VERY sparse eyebrows. srsly, the tail end of my brows are practically non-existent
i was scared to use the powder cuz it looked too light but its really not. i use light swift strokes of the powder first to fill and shape the look as i do not like hard geometric brows (not that i dont love well defined eyebrows, they just dont look good on me.) after im satisfied, i use the darker gel portion sparingly to tame and neaten the entire look.
this is a good product for those who have no idea how to deal with eyebrows, but i have to say, after some research, ive realized that nice brows can be easily achieved by simply using a good matching eyeshadow + some gel-like brow tamer. i will not repurchase this item after this aforementioned revelation