August 30, 2014 | 1835 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff made my hair really greasy, as did the knock off version from sally's beauty supply. I feel that it is very misleading b/c it really is just a silicone styling product and not much argan oil. I think if your hair starts to feel healthier b/c of it -- it really is because the silicones are just helping to smooth everything out. That is great for the short term to LOOK like you have healthy hair. In the long run, the silicones just build up way too much for me and I have greasy and dry hair? Anyway, glad it works for so many people, including many of my good friends. I guess that I just like the pure oil form of any product better. Gleam from Killer Strands is a great mix of a bunch of oils - and only the oils. No silicones filling it up. I didn't think Gleam was all that great at first, but now that I have finished the bottle and have not been using it as much the last few months, I realize that maybe this is just a better healing oil instead of just masking the damage like the Moroccan Oil does. Gave it two lippies b/c it really does help make your ends look polished and smooth and if it seems to work so well for others - they can't all be wrong. This is just my experience with it...Oh well. Gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by minburke

I have really fine, coloured blonde, fragile hair. After repeated dying and extensions my hair has been quite brittle for 2 years. I have also never had hair that grew quickly with my longest hair being just pass my shoulders. In the last 1.5 months of using the Moroccan Oil (I know I'm starting to sound like an advert but its true) my hair has grown significantly (I even notice it) it has been smoother, dries quicker = less heat time and just has great body. The first time I used I made the mistake of putting it thickly through my roots, now I just use through the middle and ends and then lightly from root to tip at the end. I either then blow dry with a heat protectant or let to air dry.

I've just bought the shampoo and conditioner to take with me overseas, can't wait to see if it adds to the growth!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by marykitsos

My hair cannot live without this product! It makes my hair soft, silky and smell fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

I was so excited about this...put it on my hair and it felt so good because my comb just ran through so easily.....and then my hair got really dry in about half an hour. Every time I tried it a different way my hair got dryer and dryer. I finally looked at the ingredients and most of them are SILICONES !!
I quit using it, threw it out and now my hair is healthy again.
I have to say it really surprised me that it was so bad.
Now I use jojoba oil and it makes my hair healthy and shiny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Glamouraddict019

I didn't think it did much of anything at all. And it was way too expensive to not do anything. Won't buy again. They may have to pay me to try this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by smake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Edited to add: Too many silicones, build up.

i have been using the M oil for 6 months, and it has been great for my thick wiry mop!
yesterday i also purchased a travel pack with the shampoo / conditioner / styling creme / oil; surprising results, my hair has never looked so shiny, my hair never looks shiny but after using the shampoo, rinsing then putting the oil through my hair, then the conditioner and rinsing, lastly putting a drop of the styling creme into my towel dried hair I am impressed. highly recommend all the products tried for those who love the M oil but want even greater results. I have also used the hydrating mask which i will review separately.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sickstew

you know, i really thought i would love this product. i loved the idea of using an oil, my mom has given me head massages with coconut oil pakistani style since i was a kid and it's good for your hair. i love a heavier product that keeps my curls together in nice ringlets. i have actually had great success using frizz ease for coarse hair.

HOWEVER! this was gross. i was excited to use it, i had just gotten a new hair cut and was stoked to try this cute product with the nice smell, and i was embarassed all day! i wanted to go home and wash it out! it made my hair slick and greasy, and trust me i only used a dime size for my thick, coarse, curly hair, past shoulder length hair. it actually flattened out some of my curls somehow? i am very low maintenance, i just condition, put something nice in my hair and let it air dry. my curls go crazy and i like it. with this product, my hair was flat, not bouncy, weirdly curly, and slick to the touch. i read all the reviews beforehand and really fell in love with it before i tried it heh.

i don't want to use frizz ease but man my hair looks great with it. i would love to switch to something more natural that has less of a generic scent but..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did absolutely nothing for my hair. I have frizzy, dry, medium-length hair and I haven't been able to notice ANY at all in softness or help with frizz. It makes my hair shiny I suppose, but any other cheap oil would do that. It just sits on my frizz and makes the frizz shiny. It did nothing for the dry ends and really there's not much else I can say besides the fact that it did absolutely nothing at all. It's such a waste of money at $39.99+tax CAD for 100ml. And Argan oil is the 4th ingredient on the list. I think it'd be around the same price or pure argan oil which might have slightly better results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My former stylist in Baltimore used Moroccan Oil prooducts on my hair when it first came out, so I thought I'd try the original oil. My hair always came out very soft after he colored it. Good points: It does do what it say it will do. I usually apply a dime-sized amount to towel-dried hair and let it dry naturally. My hair is definitely soft when it's fully dry. Bad points: Have you read the label? Argan oil, the putative miracle worker in this cocktail, is way down the ingredient list. Silicones are the first couple of listings. For $15USD for a teeny tiny 1 oz. bottle of the stuff, I expect argan oil to be higher and silicones to be lower. Plus, for a lower price DHC After-Bath Hair Treatment Emulsion achieves a better result on my hair. Big fat piece of hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This makes hair uuuuuuber soft and shiny. It's nice for whenever you do an occasional blowout. It cuts drying time and adds so much shine and silkiness. But it's definitely not something to use everyday as it can definitely cause build up due to it's silicones that aren't water soluble