November 26, 2014 | 1720 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I am surprised at all the negative comments about this. While I still need to use another styling product with it, this adds condition and moisture to my my rather dry and tending to be frizzy hair. I have the sample bottle and have used it for a week. My hair feels softer and looks better. I just use a few drops so it will last forever! It is made in Israel and is also cruelty free!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by domika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first heard people talking about this product I thought "overrated." But then as time went buy and people kept raving about it, I decided about giving it a try. However, very few salons carry it where I live. When I finally found it I was so excited!

I LOVE this product!! It smells divine! If I use it on dry hair, I have to use a small amount because it builds up quickly. However, I normally shower at night, and like to add more when my hair is wet. The water dilutes the product slightly but it still soaks in, so when I wake up in the morning my hair is super soft and manageable.

The glass bottle is nice, so I can refill it or recycle. It is a little spendy but I will buy this product over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyamanda143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutley love this product my hair was not friday at all it smells amazing the only thing i would be cautious about is not to get it to close to your roots it wil make them greasy

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seems silly but I fought my like for this product. I am trying to cut my spending down and turn to more natural products. As much as I want to dislike this oil/serum I actually love it except for the smell. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy.
The smell is not all that bad, I just smell it at first.

As for the price I purchased the larger size and it has lasted me a long time so I guess it is not all that horrible. I tried the One 'N Only version and it was ok but not as good as this one for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Got my hair done today, and my hairstylist asked if she could use this on me. My hair is very fine and curly, and I need something with more hold. I was a little hesitant because I tried the Sally's knockoff and hated it. Well, this is only marginally better. It's thinner than Sally's and actually looks oil-like, but it's loaded with silicones. If my memory serves me right, they are the second and third ingredients, then some kind of oil (apricot?) , THEN argan oil. It gave me a very flat crown and significantly relaxed the curl in my hair. No hold and the frizz is setting in. Great shine, though. So, so glad I didn't spend any money on this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For your information: My hair is silky fine textured, but with a zillion bunch of hairstrands popping out of my scalp ;-) I like this product. And I love the smell, it reminds me of the Yves Rocher fragrance Cocoon (very nice). But, this should really be named Moroccan Silicone. Because that is what it is. The amount of oil in this is minimal. My hair happen to love cones in small amounts. If you try to avoid silicone, read the label of ingredients before you decide to purcase. It is NOT an oil as in avocado oil, argan oil, EVOO and so on. I will not repurchase if my tiny bottle of it ever run out. And that is because I have found other oils/oiling methods that performs so much better on my hair for a fraction of the price. And OH.... I hate the packaging! This stuff have to be used in very tiny amounts, and the product really should have been sold with a drop-nozzle kind of bottle. Mine is a medicine/pour type. Very un-proffesional and cheap for the price I paid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff made my hair really greasy, as did the knock off version from sally's beauty supply. I feel that it is very misleading b/c it really is just a silicone styling product and not much argan oil. I think if your hair starts to feel healthier b/c of it -- it really is because the silicones are just helping to smooth everything out. That is great for the short term to LOOK like you have healthy hair. In the long run, the silicones just build up way too much for me and I have greasy and dry hair? Anyway, glad it works for so many people, including many of my good friends. I guess that I just like the pure oil form of any product better. Gleam from Killer Strands is a great mix of a bunch of oils - and only the oils. No silicones filling it up. I didn't think Gleam was all that great at first, but now that I have finished the bottle and have not been using it as much the last few months, I realize that maybe this is just a better healing oil instead of just masking the damage like the Moroccan Oil does. Gave it two lippies b/c it really does help make your ends look polished and smooth and if it seems to work so well for others - they can't all be wrong. This is just my experience with it...Oh well. Gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by minburke

I have really fine, coloured blonde, fragile hair. After repeated dying and extensions my hair has been quite brittle for 2 years. I have also never had hair that grew quickly with my longest hair being just pass my shoulders. In the last 1.5 months of using the Moroccan Oil (I know I'm starting to sound like an advert but its true) my hair has grown significantly (I even notice it) it has been smoother, dries quicker = less heat time and just has great body. The first time I used I made the mistake of putting it thickly through my roots, now I just use through the middle and ends and then lightly from root to tip at the end. I either then blow dry with a heat protectant or let to air dry.

I've just bought the shampoo and conditioner to take with me overseas, can't wait to see if it adds to the growth!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by marykitsos

My hair cannot live without this product! It makes my hair soft, silky and smell fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

I was so excited about this...put it on my hair and it felt so good because my comb just ran through so easily.....and then my hair got really dry in about half an hour. Every time I tried it a different way my hair got dryer and dryer. I finally looked at the ingredients and most of them are SILICONES !!
I quit using it, threw it out and now my hair is healthy again.
I have to say it really surprised me that it was so bad.
Now I use jojoba oil and it makes my hair healthy and shiny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No