September 2, 2014 | 2226 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by rachysetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great colour bronzer. but only in the summer months for me with my fair skin. It comes with a brush but this is not great and I use a big bronzer brush to give me an even overall coverage, although small box does make this hard. Gourgeous packaging as always from benefit. Lasts for ages and does not have stupid sparkles in that some do which just make my oily skin look oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shaeli

Good bronzer for daytime use as it adds colour without adding any unnatural shimmer or orange. Only problem I have with it is with the brush it comes with. This applies product too heavily and is very hard to use. Instead I use a skunk brush to apply the product as this picks up less product and therefore enables me to layer the product for a more natural look. With this taken into account I am definitely a fan of the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a cool, very fair person, bronzers are a challenge for me. Muddy, dirty, orange, etc. I was browsing Ulta and got sucked in by a makeup artist who was very eager to help me find something. I admitted I was sort of in the market for bronzer and he immediately raced over to Hoola. He said it was the best bronzer in the store and he had tried them all. I believed him--he was very into his craft! He applied it and it wasn't half bad. He assured me it's the most natural one for pale people, because it has no shimmer and no orange. I took the bait.

When applied with a VERY VERY light hand, this indeed wakes me up from the dead without looking fake. But it really is quite pigmented and dark for pale people. At least it will last a lifetime at this rate. No red, orange, or shimmer, just tan/brown color. Silky, fine. Package is a pain, would prefer a plastic compact and a larger surface area to sweep the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I barely use bronzer in general but i decided to buy a matte brown bronzer to complete my benefit box collection. This is a very pigmented brown, very easy to look muddy if you use a heavy hand for application. Good quality packaging and texture is so smooth and not chalky. Very good investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by FlawlessFaces

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! It is amazing, and what I like most about it is that it's a matte bronzer. I was looking for a bronzer and I was looking at Nars' Laguna, the infamous bronzer - but it was just too shimmery. And, I have combo skin and the only place I like shimmer is on my cheeks (blush) and on my eyes (eyeshadow). It was just too much for me, so I decided to go with Benefit's Hoola and I'm so glad I did. It's amazing, and I have pretty fair skin, and it really works - and I've had problems with bronzers making me look orange in the past, but this one is great. The only thing about this is the packaging, it's cute and everything, but it's a box which is kind of inconvienient for packing a makeup bag for a trip or something, it should be a little more compact. But, overall an amazing product and I would recommend & purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Molliemo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this bronzer a couple of months ago and I love it, lovely natural colour on me , very fine powder , cute packaging and the brush that comes with it good quality , but too small to get even coverage so i use a kabuki brush to put it on , maybe it would be too dark if you have a very pale skin .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I havnt bought this product yet but i wanna save any girls that read the review with the most thumbs up. IF YOU ARE VERY PALE, PAY ATTENTION.

Bronzers i was looking into after sooo much reseach: Tarte matte waterproof bronzer in park ave princess, Too Faced Chocolate, and Benefit Hoola all matte because sparkles are soo tacky. Those are in order being benefit i wanted last.
I live far away from a sehora, so i had my trusty list of things to look into when i went in to a big city for the day with 5 other girls. My list consisted of this along with many other products. We all went into sephora and i went to tarte and swatched the bronzer on the back of my hand, which is a tiny bit darker than my face. It was really orange looking, like more than NYC sunny, which i do like by the way.
So it was a definite no.
Moved onto too face, which was right beside tarte. Swatched it on my hand. VERY pigmented, not orange, great packaging (HATE benefit boxs...) and smelled really nice. I was super excited. So far this is bronzer is looking awesome. Before i bought it, i wanted to ask the SA, is there any other matte bronzers that are lighter than the too faced, she right away grabbed the benefit, which i didnt even wanna look at. She said, let me apply both to your face and see which one you like. My friends watched as she did this. Too face went on first. They were all like NO! WAY TO DARK! my heart sank :( i looked in the mirror and i instanty rubbed it off with a kleenx. I asked her if she applyed it very lightly and she said, as lightly as she could she applied it.
I let her put the benefit on as i was sulking and my friends all said, that looks amazing on you! I looked in the mirror and it did look good. No orange, just a light perfect brown taned look. I was happy.
Moral of this crazy long story. The chocolate toofaced bronzer is awesome. Its everything i want, but im to light. And us basically albinos have to go with whatever is light enough. And i had to go with hoola. Now, i have not used this product on myself yet. Im ordering it online to save me a ton of money along with many other products. I just hope some light skinned girl reads this review after the one by some girl who said that the too facedchocolate one is better, which it is in alot of ways but this one wont let you down if you have white skin. No foundations are light enough for me so if you are like me, your gonna like this.
Some other products i have found that match great are, NARS loose powder in SNOW as well as my only mac product i own studio concealer in NC15. As far as foundations go, i havnt found any.
I will review this when i get it on the staying power, blendability, ect. Hope this helps someone! :)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

As of this moment I cannot, even with my darker summer skin, pull this color off. I've tried with all my might to find a way to get this color to work for me, but to no avail. I've tried different brushes, a lighter hand, using it only after I've gotten my summer tan. Nothing I do will work, it is to dark for my apparently pale skin (I never thought my skin was this pale) and if I can get it to not make me look pale, this product makes my face look dirty. I'm still looking for a bronzer that isn't to light for my skin tone and not to dark for me. If anyone has any suggestions on either how to get this product to work for me or a better bronzer feel free to message me.

Pros:
-nice matte color
-if applied very liberally and with an experienced hand it can work on most skin tones

Cons:
-brush is useless
-if you don't have experience applying makeup will either show up to heavy or make your face look dirty
-awkward packaging for travel and storage
-kinda expensive for all the negatives

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by nicoledomain

I would only suggest this bronzer for people with some-what darker skin tone. A few months ago when I purchased this bronzer I could NOT pull it off! It was too much contrast to my skin tone, looked very un-natural. Now that my skin is darker because it is summer, it looks great and I love it now!

Good: Great natural color, matte, has lasted me for a long time

Bad: Brush sucks, the box is a little small for my bronzer brush to fit in but I can def make do, and not good for people with paler skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG bronzer I discovered Tarte Park Ave Princess in matte. I love a matte bronzer, as I find sparkle breaks me out and tends to look too much for day time. So I love that Hoola is matte. I also love the color is not orange at all. I just found it a tad too muddy. In the summer it worked well but year round it could get too dingy and not really brighten up my face. The packaging is lacking, the brush it comes with sucks and then the box is a bit tight if you like to use a large powder brush. If you contour it may be perfect for you though! I would say overall, it's a great bronzer if you have the right skin tone to pull it off.