BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

I absolutely adore my HOOLA bronzer. I have fair skin and therefore not all bronzers work me and end up making me look more muddy than glowy. I decided to get this after reading so many great reviews and discovering that it's a matte bronzer, which I prefer to the shimmery disco ball looks of other bronzers. I like to use this for contouring my face and also to add a little more color in the summer. It works so well. But do remember to use this lightly, especially if you have lighter skin. It does blend out well but its always best to build up as you go. The packaging is okay, the design is fun and cute but the box takes up a lot of space in my travel bag (which I am okay with). Sometimes I feel like the little lid is just gonna snap off though. I gotta admit, I was a little dissapointed when I realized this didn't have a scent unlike the other boxed powders. The price is pretty high, but the product lasts a very long time so ultimately it is worth it. I'm still wanting to try the Too Faced Chocolate bronzer though as I've heard great reviews. Overall great product.

on 2/17/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I really like this bronzer. I haven't had too much experience with bronzers before, and this one seems to be perfect. I get perfect sun kissed skin when I use it alone. If I use it with a pink/peach blush and a highlighter on my face perfect glow! It's a matte finish, so it compliments any highlight you put on your face, and perfect color pairing with a pink/peach blush, giving you an amazing glow.

I wasn't a fan of the price, considering it's rather a small amount of product (in my opinion). But none the less, it will probably last awhile. I've had it for a couple weeks now, and have literally used it every day! Just to get a good try out of it.

The packaging is in a cute cardboard box, but it is cardboard, and I also don't buy products for the cute factor anyway. I don't know if I would tote this around with me in my travels. I'd just worried it'd break.

A little goes a long way too, I don't know if it's my brush, but it seems to pick up quite a bit more so than other bronzers I've tried. Make sure you knock off some of the bronzer before you apply. And ENJOY!

on 2/16/2012 1:44:00 PM

I quite like this product, it's hard to find a bronzer that isn't glittery, so this is quite nice.
It comes in a cute box, although I'm not sure the cardboard will stand up to much when carried around all day in a bag.
I like the colour of this, it gives me a nicely tanned hue, which is good as I can be very pale in winter (my skin is quite patchy, it's red on my cheeks and pale pretty much everywhere else) unfortunately it doesn't last all that long, which I suppose is fine if you are in the habit of carrying your makeup about, and it does last longer than a few bronzers I've tried (Collection 2000). Other reviews have mentioned that the brush included isn't great, I think it feels lovely and would probably work better if it was a different shape, as it is if you aren't careful applying hoola with that brush, you will end up with lines where you've swept across your face and run out of powder and had to go back to the box for more, be careful to blend these in!
I think that this will last me quite a while as I only need a tiny bit of product, otherwise I'd run the risk of looking orange! I think it's quite buildable as well so you can go lighter or darker as desired.
I would probably buy this again as it feels quite nice and it hasn't broken me out.

on 2/13/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! I use it as a contour more than an overall face bronzer.. However it works amazing both ways!! I use it as an overall face bronzer during the spring/summer times & the beginning of the school term in september!! Gives me a sun kissed look! I love it!

I purchased this bronzer from Sephora for $28. The packaging is great, I love the box. The only complaint I have is the brush is a little hard to apply with, so I use my own ecotools bronzer brush.
In terms of the product, I really love it. So many bronzers have shimmer and sparkle, which i dislike because my fair skin and large pores (shimmer makes pores look even bigger), but this one does not. It is completely matte. Another thing is a lot of bronzers can look orange or muddy on your face, but this one blends nicely for a glow. I also use it for contouring. I like the way this feels on my skin, very soft and silky. I would defiantly recommend to most skin tones (unless you are extremely pale).

on 2/11/2012 2:08:00 AM

pigmented, extremely neutral and natural looking, and a dream to apply = my to-go bronzer ! this product is amazing. i use it to contour and add warmth to my face. it is for sure on the pricey side, but it is DEFINITELY worth it. nowadays, it's really hard to find a good neutral bronzer (a lot of bronzers out there tend to be red/orangey), but i just simply adore my hoola powder !

OMG I CANT BELIEVE I HAVENT REVIEWED MY FAVORITE GO-TO CONTOUR COLOR!?!? AHHHHHHHH! This has been my favoorite for a while now and I use it everyday! I have other bronzers, but always run back to this one. IT"S FULL PROOF! No orange or red whatsoever so it creates a nice natural shadow on the cheek. Ive had mine for more than a year and yet to see a dent! Amaaazing! It is pricey, but trust me its well worth the money! Great to travel with, but gets kinda bulky >.< I love this stuff & everything Benefit (well so far that Ive tried hehhee)

on 2/11/2012 1:33:00 AM

Benefit Hoola bronzer is wonderful for contouring! It's a matte brown color with no orange or red tones. On the expensive side: $28 for .28 oz, but it should last you a long time.
I don't like how i have to apply it gradually, little by little. Because if i pack on too much on the brush, it ends up looking too muddy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hoola, hoola, hoola... where to begin?! This is my most favorite product of all time... to the point where I've come to the conclusion that if I were ever to be stuck on a deserted island, this would be the one product I would bring with me. I use this everyday to contour my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, my temples, and under my jawline. It gives me the most naturally flawless look, and it makes it seem as though I have effortlessly perfect model-like features (when we all know it's just the bronzer-shhh). I've been using this everyday for over a year, and I haven't even hit pan yet! It's a bit expensive, but I'm definitely going to repurchase it. The staying power is really good (as opposed to other Benefit products on my skin), and I love that it's matte. It's the perfect color as well- not orange-y or overly chocolate-y like some other bronzers out there. I'm an NC25 for reference! It's about 30 bucks, I believe, which isn't too bad considering how long it's lasted me. I'm not a huge fan on buying expensive products (even if they last a long time)... especially because I'm one who loves trying new things, so I change my routine up every couple of weeks. This, however, is always my one and only bronzer, and therefore, I deal with the price. The packaging is typical Benefit- a bit hefty, but durable nonetheless. I love, love, love this product. It can seriously transform your entire face to glamorous and chic in seconds!

on 2/5/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved this product in a mini tester kit thing. In a nutshell, this product is very nice, it gives a matte, natural finish, but it is way to expensive. That is the only reason i wont be purchasing it.

Popular Bronzers