BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 2/11/2012 1:33:00 AM

Benefit Hoola bronzer is wonderful for contouring! It's a matte brown color with no orange or red tones. On the expensive side: $28 for .28 oz, but it should last you a long time.
I don't like how i have to apply it gradually, little by little. Because if i pack on too much on the brush, it ends up looking too muddy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hoola, hoola, hoola... where to begin?! This is my most favorite product of all time... to the point where I've come to the conclusion that if I were ever to be stuck on a deserted island, this would be the one product I would bring with me. I use this everyday to contour my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, my temples, and under my jawline. It gives me the most naturally flawless look, and it makes it seem as though I have effortlessly perfect model-like features (when we all know it's just the bronzer-shhh). I've been using this everyday for over a year, and I haven't even hit pan yet! It's a bit expensive, but I'm definitely going to repurchase it. The staying power is really good (as opposed to other Benefit products on my skin), and I love that it's matte. It's the perfect color as well- not orange-y or overly chocolate-y like some other bronzers out there. I'm an NC25 for reference! It's about 30 bucks, I believe, which isn't too bad considering how long it's lasted me. I'm not a huge fan on buying expensive products (even if they last a long time)... especially because I'm one who loves trying new things, so I change my routine up every couple of weeks. This, however, is always my one and only bronzer, and therefore, I deal with the price. The packaging is typical Benefit- a bit hefty, but durable nonetheless. I love, love, love this product. It can seriously transform your entire face to glamorous and chic in seconds!

on 2/5/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved this product in a mini tester kit thing. In a nutshell, this product is very nice, it gives a matte, natural finish, but it is way to expensive. That is the only reason i wont be purchasing it.

I love this matte finish bronzer for contouring and as a blush. However packaging pretty quickly became tatty;cardboard isnt 'wipe-clean' , I've had it in my makeup bag for 3 years-its been stuffed in backpacks on longhaul 36 hour plane journeys (x2) and survived so I'm not worried about it being poor quality-it certainly survives but it just doesn't feel great to be handed a cardboard box when you're paying SO much. Other companies offer luxury at far low prices-this is Benefits big fall-down in general. I would definitely purchase again since essentially the actual product is ...amazing! Glides on like a dream. Don't use the brush provided but I couldnt live with Hoola. Am now going to purchase Dallas hoping for the same delightful texture and blendability but variation on colour. xx

on 1/31/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

A wonderful matte bronzer for contouring, or just all over to set my foundation and give a healthy glow all over. This works for most skin tones. I love the fact it doesn't make me orange or look fake. It doesn't look cakey and it blends perfectly. The only problem I have with this is the packaging. The box is cute, but the shape is inconvenient for putting in my makeup bag for everyday or travelling.

on 1/28/2012 6:48:00 PM

i love this product! i definitely recommend it

the color is buildable, you can apply a lot of product to get a darker shade (for people with darker skin tones) or you can just apply it lightly (for fair skinned people)
the color isnt orange but doesnt look muddy- which is amazing and makes it look natural
if you prefer bronzers with a shimmer, this definitely isnt the one for you. if youre looking for a contour or a matte bronzer, this is amazing!

the packaging is my only problem with this product
i find the box really annoying especially when i want to use a big brush

i have already repurchased this product

on 1/24/2012 9:23:00 PM

I love this stuff! I use it everyday for contouring and all over bronzer, I'm NC/NW 20 for reference. It is a beautiful matte bronzer that is great for contouring, also, I love it for giving me that all over bronzed look :)

on 1/21/2012 1:33:00 AM

I got this bronzer for free for spending a certain amount at shoppers and I've been buying it ever since. I'm pretty fair naturally so it's hard to find bronzer that doesn't look extremely obvious on me, but it's dark enough to build when I do have a tan. I use this for contouring and as an all-over face bronzer and it stays put for most of the day. By sharing make-up when I'm getting ready with friends, I've got alot of them hooked on it as well.

on 1/20/2012 8:27:00 PM

Matte, not Orangey (on my skin tone) , not muddy or dirty looking, great for contouring, but doesn't stay that long. Kinda cheap packaging. But overall a great product. Will recommend to a friend.

on 1/17/2012 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using a sample of this bronzer for the past week and I have to say that like Dandelion, I found Hoola to be very sheer and not very pigmented. If other bronzers are too orange or brown on you (I.e. if you're very pale), then this may be the bronzer for you. For the rest of us, Hoola will take a lot of layering to show up.

Popular Bronzers