BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 4/12/2012 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like but don't love this product. I tend to not add enough and it hardly shows up and well... it gets the job done, but there's nothing really outstanding about it to me. It makes my skin feel a little bit oily... It's definitely a good product, just not worth a five.

on 4/11/2012 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I HATE the color of this supposed bronzing powder. It is so ashen it looks dirty on the skin, Period! I LOVE the brush as it's very linear and makes for a wonderful contour brush under the cheekbone or down the sides of nose and at trmples. I use the brush for contour, but w/a different color as this "Hoola" shade even looks too grey/dirty for even contouring. Skip this altogether.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love Benefit Hoola! I am super pale (probably if I used Mac I'd be NC 10) and Hoola is HG for me. It's not orange!! It's a matte light brown. That's it. Nothing groundbreaking, not setting the world on fire with glitter, doesn't really make you look "tan". It just kind of wakes up my face and takes away my usual grey pallor :-)

Of course,, like anything, if you apply too much it will turn orange and look bad. I don't use the brush it comes with... that little thing seems useless to me...- I use a tapered synthetic instead and it works great.

At first I wasn't really thrilled with the packaging. ($28 for a cardboard box) but at least it's more biodegradable and better for the earth.

on 4/9/2012 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I hate to rain on the Hoola parade here, but I've owned this product at two different times in my life and have walked away from it both times with the same impression. By no means is this a terrible bronzer/contour I've tried dozens of products that are far worse and immediately got put in the trash. In fact, the last time I bought this bronzer (which was right before this last summer), I started out really enjoying it.
While the packaging isn't the greatest, it does hold TONS of product, that will honestly last you forever. Because of that, the price point is definitely reasonable to me.
Now onto the stuff I'm not so thrilled with- the color while not too orange, pink, etc still is too red-brown for what I need. Because I'm a red prone individual, this bronzer simply does not suit me. A reviewer below me mentioned that their mom said it looked like they had dirt on their face, and I laughed because I remember looking at myself in a mirror numerous times after applying this ever so lightly and thinking it looked like dirt or light cocoa powder. The staying powder is pretty good, but the product itself does not blend well enough and is not versatile enough for me.
I ended up combining a bunch of my powders to create my own shade of loose powder with a sifter that far suits me better than anything I've purchased.
If you're not red prone this would probably be a great product for you.

on 4/9/2012 2:25:00 PM

I used this bronzer for a while, until one day my mother asked me why my cheeks looked dirty. Perhaps if I used another makeup brush instead of the one it came with it would've looked different. It's also packed with parabens, which is a negative for me. The packaging is very cute though.

on 4/9/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ah, my HG bronzer/contourer.

its the perfect colour, MATTE, and really adds defintion to my face. will repurchase again and again! although packaging is really ugly haha

I abosouluty LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I am kinda sad though becuase just before i saw this I'd bought a new MAC bronzer. So i got the sample size instead...But it still lasts forever. (if your not sure about this yet...get the TAN ABOUT TOWN kit. It has this plus 2 others samples for only 12 bucks!) I have light-medium skin and its the perfect shade for me! It is 100% matte and blends really well. Even though i have my mac bronzer..i want this too. Once i run out of the sample size, im going to purchase the full size. Packaging is Super adorable too!

on 4/4/2012 5:13:00 AM

For what you pay for this product it is NOT worth it. I wouldn't be happy if I payed 5 for this product even! MUD MUD MUD. Honestly, looks like i've shoved my hand in a flower pot and smeared the soil all over my face! HORRIBLE.
However, I rated it two because I know someone who uses this and it looks reeeaallyyy good, maybe it's me? I don't know. Horrible anyway..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

i LOVE this bronzer. I never use bronzers they never work for me. Im NW20 and I don't like looking tan honestly. I like a little bronzer in the right places. This works amazing. It blends great, perfect color. No orange. Just dont care for the packaging but if your fair skinned this is the perfect bronzer.

on 3/28/2012 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After hearing so many good things aboutt this bronzer I bought a Benefit Set at Sephora. It came with a mascara, a foundation and this bronzer for $12. Such a good deal ! I love this bronzer, it's a nice bronzer for everryday just to look a bit tan but this is my new holy grail contour. It looks so nice and is easy to apply and blends beautifuly.

Popular Bronzers