August 30, 2014 | 1734 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lemjam

I'm going to be one of the reviewers to bust the bubble on the great reviews.

I have naturally long lashes, so I look for a mascara that thickens and helps hold curl. The gal at Sephora insisted this was the mascara for me. I'm not so convinced. I've applied this mascara several days in a row and have not found the desired thickness that I've been looking for, and yes, would consider returning it as well. It does define lashes, but not give me the dramatic effect I am looking for as my lashes are a feature I look to play up on my face. And I must admit, for the price and what I got, I am totally convinced you could find something that does the same job for a lot less $! OUCH!

If you are looking for a good thickening mascara, this is not it. However, I did find that after a days worth of wear, it did stay and never did flake at all, which was nice. Since it did not give me the look I had hoped to achieve, it's back to the review section for me in hopes of finding my HG mascara. SIGH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by LelloGollilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just OK for me. It is good for length and did add a little bit of curl, but no volume. Multiple coats to try and elicit volume did not work, but refused to clump either. I am picky though when it comes to mascara. I expect a lot, especially for a high end mascara of extraordinary price. This was not dark enough, not thick enough and the wand is way too long and clumsy. I am tired of the giant mascara wands. The whole thing is just too phallic for me. Didn't Dior ever hear the saying "it's not the size of the whip, it's the sting of the tip?" LOL..Bigger is not always better. The giant-ness of the tube and wand make me scared to put it near my eye and get in the way of good mascara technique. The formula, the other piece of the puzzle, is thin and liquidy and doesn't give me the good coating, or "grab" that I want. I would say this would work better with a wand half the size, maybe curved a bit to get into corners and maybe have the formula thicken up a bit. JMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Jaimes563

I absolutely love this mascara. It is so good that I decided I had HAD to review it. I have absolutely tiny, short lashes, although they are densely packed. They also do not obey eyelash curlers, so I find a curling mascara (if it actually works of course) seems to be my solution. So I want a little thickening, a LOT of length and i LOVE curl.
This mascara does exactly that. As with most defining mascaras, it provides a medium, not insane amount of volume, which i like. It lengthens like CRAZY. Even more than YSL faux cils and definitely more than unlimited, blackout and oiginal diorshow, and i do really like those mascaras (yes I am a bit mascara mad :D). Iconic makes you look doe-eyed.
The wand is VERY easy to use, and builds lashes quickly. The curl it provides actually holds, it doesn't weigh down your lashes. Even one coat is stunning but you can build this mascara without clumps, even if you let it dry between coats, and apply more on top much later, for the evening!
The brush is not as 'hard' as some of the other rubbery bristle wands, e.g. Chanel Inimitable, definitely very flexible and kind to the lash area. The close set 'combs' really seperate every lash. Lashes remain very soft to touch.
I am not usually this impressed with mascara. And i have tried probably too many, particularly high-end ones. I don't think that some some this would provide enough volume, but for me, it might be HG! I will have to see how quickly it dries up :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the one to break the chain of fantastic reviews for this, but I am not loving this mascara and am considering returning it. I wasn't that impressed with the brush or the formula. My lashes look a little crunchy with this on and the brush doesn't really grab all my lashes. If you want volume (like I do) this is not the mascara for you. I guess the "high definition" means making it look like you have less, but more defined lashes. It does hold a curl pretty well though. I also had some smudging under the lower lashes with this. Overall, I can only make use of this if I layer it over diorshow or faux cils. On it's own I really do not like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mixprints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOWWWW!!! I went to Dior yesterday to buy my perfume Miss Dior Cherie and they had this makeup artist come in from Dior to show the new Fall collection and with the purchase of 3 products, you received this amazing GWP (Ogilvy's in Montreal for those interested). So as I am a sucker for cute things, I decided to look for other products and I mentioned mascara and he said that he has THE THING for my very long lashes already (now mind you, I am a mascara freak as I have long lashes that need perfect boosting because then they look completely huge and fake and have tried them all, YSL Faux Cils being at the top of the list up until...now)

He put on Iconic on me with a bad brush and the results were amazing. He promised the actual brush will have amazing results. Sold!!!! As I bought an 100 mL EDP, she gave me the GWP with the 2 products only. When I went home, I removed all makeup to try it out. This mascara is beyond amazing. I usually pack on mascara to get the desired result and even then it's not perfect. This one, after 4-5 quick glides the lashes are completely defined, LIFTED like crazy, curled and perfect. It doesn't boost up volume (even though the SA told me I need no volume as I have many lashes, I *like* some volume) so I suggest to layer the mascara with Diorshow (or any volumizing mascara actually) I love layering mascaras personally the effect is wonderful! Anyways, all in all, this mascara is completely beyond amazing and I think I found a new HG.
PS: No smudges whatsoever! Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be my favorite mascara ever. I tried the original Diorshow and hated it so I was hesitant about trying this with only a couple of reviews for reference but I am glad that I did. There isn't much I can add that others haven't said as far as describing the wand/brush so I will tell you about my results. I used one coat (going to work) and my lashes were nothing short of lush and beautiful. They were lengthened, volumized and multiplied. But most amazing was the curl! I have never used a so called curling mascara before and actually had it live up to it's name but this one does. I stopped using an eyelash curler years ago due to the pinching and aggravation so when i applied one coat of this mascara and my lashes were curving up toward my browbone I had to run and show my husband! I didn't even have to use a spoolie to separate as this awesome brush does that too. No burning eyes, no flaking, no smudging, just lots of lenght, volume and curl. I think that extra coats will make a more dramatic effect for night as this mascara is a drier formula and doesn't look like it will clump or gunk up. This could be the one...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

The only difference this has from the regular Diorshow is the tubing and the brush. It is a rubber/silicon type brush and there are a lot of rows of really tiny bristles. The brush really grabs every lash and defines them well. I was able to get a fairly good amount of length and volume, but it doesn't achieve as dramatic a look as the regular Diorshow. It didn't smudge or flake and it washed off with regular cleanser (didn't have to use makeup remover). It doesn't really make a curl but it does hold one for a few hours. The color was a nice soft black. I tried to get a picture of the brush but my sad old camera couldn't get too good of a picture but I hope it helps.

continued >>

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara before my Givenchy arrived from the Sephora website, and I had not had a chance to try it until today (since I've been wearing the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes every day since it arrived!) but I wanted to give the new Diorshow Iconic a fair try. To my surprise it's excellent! Here is another great new mascara that gives fast lashes! It does exactly what the name says. I got a great lift and curl from this mascara, it lengthens to the extent that my lashes are brushing up against my eyeglass lenses! And it separates perfectly without needing a comb after application. Don't expect thickness or volume from this one, but if you want that too, layer a volumizing mascara over top of this one. The brush is one of the newer style plastic bristle applicators but it has the teeth very close together and it has a twist to the lines of bristles. The bristles are shorter than some of the newer ones I've tried, like Colossal and LashBlast. I think that gave me better coating and control. My lashes stayed curled all day, without even using a curler! No flaking at all, no smudging, and easy to remove (I used Gee That Was Quick by Benefit.) A superb lengthening and lifting mascara that takes very little time to use, no clumping, and dries quickly. This is a slightly wetter formula than the original Diorshow. I would definitely buy it again.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No