April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mixprints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOWWWW!!! I went to Dior yesterday to buy my perfume Miss Dior Cherie and they had this makeup artist come in from Dior to show the new Fall collection and with the purchase of 3 products, you received this amazing GWP (Ogilvy's in Montreal for those interested). So as I am a sucker for cute things, I decided to look for other products and I mentioned mascara and he said that he has THE THING for my very long lashes already (now mind you, I am a mascara freak as I have long lashes that need perfect boosting because then they look completely huge and fake and have tried them all, YSL Faux Cils being at the top of the list up until...now)

He put on Iconic on me with a bad brush and the results were amazing. He promised the actual brush will have amazing results. Sold!!!! As I bought an 100 mL EDP, she gave me the GWP with the 2 products only. When I went home, I removed all makeup to try it out. This mascara is beyond amazing. I usually pack on mascara to get the desired result and even then it's not perfect. This one, after 4-5 quick glides the lashes are completely defined, LIFTED like crazy, curled and perfect. It doesn't boost up volume (even though the SA told me I need no volume as I have many lashes, I *like* some volume) so I suggest to layer the mascara with Diorshow (or any volumizing mascara actually) I love layering mascaras personally the effect is wonderful! Anyways, all in all, this mascara is completely beyond amazing and I think I found a new HG.
PS: No smudges whatsoever! Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be my favorite mascara ever. I tried the original Diorshow and hated it so I was hesitant about trying this with only a couple of reviews for reference but I am glad that I did. There isn't much I can add that others haven't said as far as describing the wand/brush so I will tell you about my results. I used one coat (going to work) and my lashes were nothing short of lush and beautiful. They were lengthened, volumized and multiplied. But most amazing was the curl! I have never used a so called curling mascara before and actually had it live up to it's name but this one does. I stopped using an eyelash curler years ago due to the pinching and aggravation so when i applied one coat of this mascara and my lashes were curving up toward my browbone I had to run and show my husband! I didn't even have to use a spoolie to separate as this awesome brush does that too. No burning eyes, no flaking, no smudging, just lots of lenght, volume and curl. I think that extra coats will make a more dramatic effect for night as this mascara is a drier formula and doesn't look like it will clump or gunk up. This could be the one...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

The only difference this has from the regular Diorshow is the tubing and the brush. It is a rubber/silicon type brush and there are a lot of rows of really tiny bristles. The brush really grabs every lash and defines them well. I was able to get a fairly good amount of length and volume, but it doesn't achieve as dramatic a look as the regular Diorshow. It didn't smudge or flake and it washed off with regular cleanser (didn't have to use makeup remover). It doesn't really make a curl but it does hold one for a few hours. The color was a nice soft black. I tried to get a picture of the brush but my sad old camera couldn't get too good of a picture but I hope it helps.

continued >>

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara before my Givenchy arrived from the Sephora website, and I had not had a chance to try it until today (since I've been wearing the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes every day since it arrived!) but I wanted to give the new Diorshow Iconic a fair try. To my surprise it's excellent! Here is another great new mascara that gives fast lashes! It does exactly what the name says. I got a great lift and curl from this mascara, it lengthens to the extent that my lashes are brushing up against my eyeglass lenses! And it separates perfectly without needing a comb after application. Don't expect thickness or volume from this one, but if you want that too, layer a volumizing mascara over top of this one. The brush is one of the newer style plastic bristle applicators but it has the teeth very close together and it has a twist to the lines of bristles. The bristles are shorter than some of the newer ones I've tried, like Colossal and LashBlast. I think that gave me better coating and control. My lashes stayed curled all day, without even using a curler! No flaking at all, no smudging, and easy to remove (I used Gee That Was Quick by Benefit.) A superb lengthening and lifting mascara that takes very little time to use, no clumping, and dries quickly. This is a slightly wetter formula than the original Diorshow. I would definitely buy it again.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No