September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These brushes are wonderful. They are so incredibly soft, they feel like velvet on your skin. And for only $10-$12 for a set of brushes, you can't beat it. I would say if you are new to makeup or a makeup veteran you should have these in your collection. Why go spend $30+ on one Mac brush when you can get a whole set of brushes (of comparable quality I might add) for only a 1/3 of the price!!

Go check them out, they are worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by zeje

I am on the fence with this product. I only use the blush brush and the slanted eye liner brush, the latter which is good. The blush brush is too soft and I am not too impressed with its application.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by jenjen80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this set! My favorite brush is the one that's meant to be a blush brush, but I use it for loose powder. It seriously feels like velvet on my skin (I swiped it across my fiancee's face and he agreed!)! Honestly I don't use the others on a regular basis (although they work just as well), but I think I've gotten my $11 in usage out of just the one. I'm very happy I chose this set, as I was debating this vs. a more expensive Sonia Kashuk set while in Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cguillau

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this 6 pc. set of brushes from Walgreens for $10.00. One of the pieces was a wooden bamboo pencil-box like holder for the 5 brushes. I was excited to try these after reading so many good reviews. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the application of makeup with these brushes. The blush brush was way to soft and gave me no control whatsoever in applying color. The eyeshadow brush was nothing special. Also too soft. The concealer brush was so-so. The comb/eyebrow brush was useless to me and the other brush was also useless. Therefore, I am still on the lookout for a better set with more control and not so soft. The brushes pick up way too much product for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love these brushes. I was saving up for some new MAC ones but it was taking forever and I saw this five-piece set (not including the nifty little pouch) at Rite Aid for about $11. I wasn't expecting much but these brushes really blew me away. I just love the fact that they're cruelty free & enviornmentally friendly.
But the quality is what I was really floored with. The bamboo handles are light and sturdy, very pretty in design, as well. The taklon brush part is very, very soft! They're just as soft, if not softer, than any MAC brush I've used. The face brush is very dense and distributes product evenly, as do the rest of the brushes. The eye shader is very dense, but if I had to complain, it would be about the density. It's just a bit too dense to apply pressed shadows, but it would be great for packing on loose pigment. The concealer brush is perfect if you don't like to use your fingers. It's very gentle and dense enough to where it'll evenly blend the color but soft enough to where it won't just wipe it away. My favorite one, however, is the angle brush. It's so sharp and precise, it surprised me the most. I love using this for my gel and wet-shadow liners, it applies like a dream. I don't really ever use brow brushes, but this one is high-quality anyway.

I'm keeping these brushes in a glass jar on my vanity, but if I do travel with them, the pouch will come in handy, too. This is an amazing brush set...very inexpensive, would probably make a great gift.
(and as far as washing them goes, they take to antibacterial soap & water beautifully and because they're synthetic, they dry really fast, I haven't noticed any shedding, either.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this as a gift and I really like it. The blush brush is very soft, the eye brush works great and the angled brush is good for thick gel liner application. I haven't try the concealer of lash/brow comb yet but I can tell they are good quality. I loooove the brush roll it came with too!

This is has opened me up to EcoTools products and will likely shop their brand on my own in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Linhiepoo

LOVEEE ecotools!!!!
the brushes are incredibly soft and none of the brushes EVERR shed a hair on me!
these brushes are amazing and i only paid like $10 for this set!!! best investment ever! and i have my friends all going to get themselves their own set as well! these are just about my most favorite brushes i own :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am pretty darn pleased with this set! You get a blush brush, eye shading brush, eyeliner brush, lash & brow/groomer, and concealer brush. I have mixed feelings about the eyeshadow brush--it picks up well but the application isn't even enough as others have noted. I love wish perhaps that they had included a crease brush as well. The eyeshading brush is a bit large for my crease. The concealer brush is great--it's dense enough to pick up harder concealers like Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage, which I use to hide acne scars. The blush brush is good but not my favorite. I usually blend with my fingers (on myself) for cream blush or stipple. It's a good powder brush though. The eyeliner brush worked surprisingly well as the did the lash comb. I will most likely mix and match this collection with some older Estee Lauder (actually quite good) eye brushes I have until I can afford to buy new ones. Love the eco-friendly value and hemp roll. This collection is worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the best makeup tool kit I have ever got. The brushes were so soft and felt wonderful on my face, kind of like silk. I love that the bushes are eco friendly, I also love how they are made from bamboo. Not only are the brushes a excellent quality they were cheap too. These brushes outdid any of my more expensive brushes, I would suggest these to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Ecotools 5 piece brush set with the bamboo cup from Walgreens for $9.99 and I am very impressed. The brushes are high quality & incredibly soft. Synthetic taklon fibers make up the bristles, recycled aluminum makes up the ferrule, and ever-sustainable bamboo make up the handles.

The slanted eye liner brush is probably my favorite out of the set. It provides a smooth, firm line and makes it easy to line as close to my lashes as possible. It makes for a much more neat & natural look.