Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 11/7/2008 4:21:00 PM

I have to say, I am also impressed with this automatic eyebrow pencil. I have it in dark brown, my hair is very dark and it's a perfect match. I use it to fill in some areas and it looks like my natural hair. Very natural. I have found the e/b pencil that is a perfect match for me.Yay! The pencil is very thin, it's very easy to use.

on 11/7/2008 3:06:00 PM

EDITED ON 2/9/09. Still HG and my first pencil, used every single day from 11/3/08 is still in use, even though I broke off about 1/16th inch. Yay!!!!!! 3 months being used every day and I haven't run out. HG indeed!

------------------------------

OMG! I think I have a HG here. I'm probably writing this review prematurely since I've only used it two days but here it is anyway:

Backstory: I overplucked my eyebrows in junior high and have spent the past 20 years trying to grow them back. For the most part they are full, but I still have some patches. They are also lighter than I like. For years I have used a brush-on brow powder but stopped about 10 years ago because Maybelline changed their Ultra Brow formula for one thing and I never found a replacement that I liked. I've been using various eyebrow pencils which are either now discontinued or the wrong color (or both!).

My last favorite eyebrow stuff was Physician's Formula's WonderBrow--a thick colored wax stick. I used dark brown and while I loved it, the brown wasn't quite dark enough for me. Anyway, it's discontinued and while I have 4 back-ups, I wanted to find something new.

I heard that Define-a-Brow was like MAC Brow Finisher in that it is a colored wax more than a pencil. It is very thin and comes with a comb on the end. Anyway, I picked this up in Dark Brown. It is perfect! Easy to apply, not too waxy, dark but not pigmented if you know what I mean. It gives just enough dark color to fill and define my brows.

It doesn't stick too heavily to my skin and after hours of wear, it still looks like it did when I applied it. My main problem is either fading or collecting in my fair follicles because of the oils in my skin. Not so the Define-a-Brow. It looks great and natural.

The color, Dark Brown, is a good neutral dark brown. I can't see any red at all. I usually end up having to buy brown/black to counteract the red in Dark Brown.

The only con I can think if is that the amount you get in the automatic pencil is miniscule. I bought this for $1.99 at a close-out place but I think the normal retail price is about $6 (at least here in NYC). Even at full price it is a bargain, though I will pick up as many as I can at the discounted price.

NW20, brown hair, brown eyes.

on 10/20/2008 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wow. I'm FINALLY impressed with something by Maybelline. I ran out of my MAC Spiked brow pencil and I'm a cheapo and refuse to pay full price for it at my counter (I have to travel to a MAC store to get my discount) I decided to find something to hold me up pronto. I was using the Smashbox brow tech and although it's an okay product, I just hate how I can't make a thin line at the end of my brows. It's also too much work for me and I feel like it makes my brows look too "painted" on. This brow pencil has done the trick for me and my needs. I only need a pencil to fill in the ends of my brows where the hairs are really thin. The staying power of this is perfect. The price is also great! The cute little brush is also convenient and I love it as well.
If I have to repurchase it, I most certainly will.

on 10/18/2008 4:04:00 PM

I love this! I recently got my eyebrows done and the lady who did them took off like half of my eyebrow :/ so i went and got this at CVS. i have used anastasia's eyebrow crap and this is so much better. the little brush lets me see exactly where i need to fill in. i would definitely buy this again.

on 10/11/2008 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I am overall very pleased with this eyebrow pencil. I was glad to pay a little more than $5 and considered it a steal compared to the prices I normally pay for makeup.

on 10/3/2008 9:35:00 PM

My mom and I have been using MAC's eyebrow pencils for the longest and she wanted to find a cheaper alternative. This is amazing! Honestly, I wasn't expecting much but it definitely proved me wrong. I love it.

on 9/29/2008 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been searching for MONTHS for a waterproof eye brow pencil.

It lasts pretty well - I'd say about 5 hours before I'd need to re-touch. (My skin is oily, so it will probably last longer on normal skin.) I am happy that there is a waterproof brow pencil available!!!!!

My complaint is how thin the product pencil is. I understand what they're trying to do - make it easy to "DEFINE" and ensure that your brows look natural. But I think they could've made this a *little* thicker. All I can think of is... "this cost me $8, it better last long enough!"

I'd say it lasts for about 4 weeks, using it every day. I wouldn't mind getting a bit more product for my money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this for $4.49 on sale at Walgreens. It usually retails for $6.49 but i had a coupon. I didn't have high hopes for this but i was pleasantly surprised with it. I'm usually not one for eyebrow pencils because they look pretty fake, but not this one. Because the pencil is so super fine, it's really easy to make hair-like strokes with it. I won't say i'll throw away my brow powder, but i will definitely think about using this pencil a lot more often. It also works really well with brow stencils, which i use on a daily basis. I would definitely purchase this again and would choose this over a high end brand any day.

on 9/10/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I usually use mac's shadow "Espresso" and their little brush for my eyebrows, but one day i forgot my bag at my parents home, so I rushed to walgreens to get an alternative. I found this pencil and bought it on a whim, but it is SO great, I've stopped using my mac shadow and brush for my brows. It stays on ALL day, wheras with the mac shadow, I'd find myself constantly reapplying or touching up through out the day. Its not as harsh and you can make it as "defined" or natural as you want it. I love it! Would buy it again and again, would DEFINITELY reccomend this to others!

on 8/30/2008 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i bought this yesterday and used to it today when i left to go shopping with my mom. i loved it as soon as i started applying i even was complimented on how nice my eyebrows looked! lol! i dont like the price.. maybe because its quite small, but overall a great product. im actually going to buy a few more since soft black is hard to find around here. oh and the soft black matched well with my black hair and brows. possibly my HQ product, along with wonderbrow wax!

Popular Brows Products