April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product did not work at all for me. When I would first put it on it was okay, I DID NOT have a problem with blending. My problem with this product is that I have very oily skin and this just like all liquid foundations I have tried, did not last and contributed to me having a very shiny face. I will be giving the bottle I have away, and not ever buying this again. I am still on the search for a good foundation for my very oily skin. If any one can help me that would be great. I do not buy department store brands, I am always on a budget, when it comes to cosmetics.*EDIT* This is not that bad afterall if you use the Jane Oil Free pressed powder in Colorless over the top..Read my review on that. I read lots of great reviews on the pressed powder and decided to give it a try. It made a big difference about how I feel about the Colorstay foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 9:09:00 AM More reviews by heywhatsupilikeyourhair

This is an exellent foundation for normal to very oily skin, as I have. Dryer skin types may want to avoid this as it is deffinately mattifying. Is a liquid formula that needs to be worked with very quickly, as once it dries, its not going to budge- at all. Also, not a buildable foundation. I also find that it is best to put a layer of powder in between it and your concealer (if needed-gives great coverage on it's own), blush, etc. A little pricy for a drugstore brand, (about $13, but regularly on sale)but well worth it. Nude is a great color for paler complextions as it is not too yellowy/pinky/orangy. HG been wearing for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2004 1:24:00 PM More reviews by msmccuen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use colorstay natural for a sheerer more comfortable feel and I always spot conceal with the regular color stay. If I am having a bad skin day I use the reg. colorstay because it has amazing coverage.I have very oily skin & this works great to control shine as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by pussycatdoll13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! I cannot believe I have fallen in love with a drugstore foundation! This one is worth a try if you need coverage and lasting power! It is a little hard to blend because you dont have much time until it sets. It feels a little on the sticky side but that goes away with a light dusting of powder. I want to try the Stay Natural next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kings_20

I have tried this a couple of times and I find it alright. For me blending wasn't a problem. You just have to make sure that your face is well moisturized first. It is quite matte, which is good for my shiny nose but drying on my cheeks a bit. The colour I chose was medium beige. It's a pretty close match but would prefer if it were a little less pink. It did last quite a while so that was good. Not sure if I would repurchase or not. I will update if my opinion changes. Got this on sale for $11.00 CDN. Also, a little goes a looonnnggg way so the bottle should last you quite a while. UPDATE!! I love this stuff. It still looks fresh by the end of the day and my shiny nose is still matte as well. This is amazing stuff. The bottle it comes in is huge too. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by mikeyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color Stay Foundation in Buff 02 is a HG foundation. The only foundation I've found that doesn't slide off my oily face after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2004 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Mouray

I've tried so many foundations over the years simply because I could never find one I that truly worked for me. I love this makeup. I have a process I go through when applying it. First I apply Clinique T-zone control then the Revlon liquid (goes on as light or as heavy as I need it) and follow with brushing MAC studio fix on over it. It's the perfect combination for flawless skin on me, and it's not thick and heavy at all. My only concern is that Revlon might someday discontinue making this makeup. It's so cheap and for the results it provides ... It's so worth it. It's like an airbrush at your fingertips.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by RedNailPolish

First off, this smells funny. I work with a lady who must wear this, and I've always thought she smelled funny, and this (along with baby powder) is what she smells like. So that's a negative for me right off. I found that this foundation was very nice on my cheeks and chin, but very cakey on my forehead and nose, where I always have dry flakes. I didn't notice it staying on any longer than anything else, or being harder to take off than anything else. I do like the pump bottle alot though. Also, it's rather expensive for drugstore foundation, but I got a free cream blush with it, so it wasn't that bad of a deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2004 2:46:00 PM More reviews by subpop001

this is my holy grail. Ive been looking for something so long that controls oil/lasts all day/feels nice.. and buff is the colour for me. it looks a little light at first going on.. but once its sets, im good to go!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Michelle_My_Belle

When I first tried out this foundation, I thought I had struck gold. I was told that it is a pretty heavy coverage foundation, so I knew just to use a little bit. I found it blended quite easily with a sponge and covered my face perfectly. I was amazed.

But, after a few hours I looked in the mirrior and it looked like HELL. Like another reviewer said, it seeps into the fine lines and pores. It makes you look like you have a horrible skin texture and are wearing far too much makeup.

Thumbs down. I will never buy this product again.