November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by st88

In my opinion, this is one of the best drugstore liquid foundations. Colorstay is a senior in the market-- it has been around for years. Yet it continues to sell and sell. I've combination skin which is quite acne-prone and I've been using this foundation for 4 months without problems. It offers medium-to-full coverage and covers scars well except the dark ones. The downside of this foundation is that, it is quite thick so it feels like a mask on my face. Another gripe would be the tendency for this foundation to crack at the end of the day on the T-zone or oily areas; in a humid climate. So touch-ups are necessary. But for the kind of price that it has, I can't expect it to compete with high-end brand foundations. I would like to give this a 3.5 rating. But since that's not possible, I will give it a 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2005 3:30:00 AM More reviews by fabchic

It matched perfectly to my skin color, and does a good job at covering up acne scars ...but the downfall is the consistancy was thick and heavy which i didnt like...it made my face itchy and i started breaking out soon after i started wearing this... i dont recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MaryJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a foundation 'freak' I find it quite enjoyable to say I love this foundation.

I frequently change foundations with the season, my mood, my coloring, my event.

And I have to say this holds up (and beats) most of my high end foundations.... seriously I find myself reaching for this more than my Gerda Spillman, Lancome, or Laura Mercier.

The trick is in the application. It must be done quickly with a damp sponge!

My face looks perfect and fresh from morning 'till night!
LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mmm_cheesecake

this is a great product if u use it correctly. it offers good coverage but beware of putting too much on. a tiny bit goes a long way. i use it with a damp sponge working with one area of my face at a time since once it dries, u can't blend it. staying power is awesome!! I wore it while snowboarding one time..it stayed on even when my face was jammed into snowbanks or sliding face first down a snowy hill. it doesnt clog up my pores but i stress this point: dont put on too much unless ur day job is a clown *shudders*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love it! Is the only foundation I've used for over a year! It is definately for those that like some coverage. I use this with a foundation brush which I find sheers it out a bit. I use the Buff shade which is a perfect match for me. When I apply this, my skin is flawless and it lasts all work day long. I really recommend this for women who don't need extreme coverage, but who want to even out skin tone and cover some redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2005 3:50:00 PM More reviews by nsaechao

This foundation is really thick. Application is easy with a makeup wedge and the foundation provides good coverage, but it feels like I'm wearing a mask. And it does rub off onto clothes etc. I'm going to go back to the previous foundation I was using (prescriptives virtual matte). It gives a very light feeling full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is my new fav. foundation. I bought this in Buff(NC20), matches pretty well, Buff seems like it's on the neutral side. This foundation is great for oily skins, it doesn't seperate on my nose where I'm oily. This stuff lasts I tell you! I would say that this has medium coverage, it can be very obvious you're wearing foundation if you put too much on.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by empresslestat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation for people with oily skin who will take the time to work with it. In fact, research shows that only a Colorstay-type of foundation is the only kind that will actually stay on people with oily skin. You definitely need to use a sponge to apply it in quick strokes. If you still need more coverage in some areas, put a bit from the neck of the bottle on your finger tip and press-and-roll your finger on the area that needs to be concealed; this will work to cover pores as well and red spots/blemishes. As long as your second application for concealment is "pressed on" and not spread, it will not cake or streak. Also setting this with the right powder is essential and can provide some highlighting. I use Bare Essentials Mineral Veil and it looks awesome over this foundation; it has cornstarch, so it provides some extra oil-absorbing properties.

I have tried every foundation out there for my oily skin that has mild rosacea, and I always come back to this because it does not slip off (want to try Chanel Double Perfection Liquid next).

I use Buff as well and it blends in perfectly. When I get tan for the summer, I take two different colors and mix them for the perfect sunny shade.

See photos in my profile-I wore Colorstay Buff in all of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2005 7:15:00 PM More reviews by singinmys0ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I always come back to this foundation. However, i do like it..it just seems so thick on my face and drys so fast when you put it on. They do have good color tho and it matches pretty well. I would recomend it but just don't put to much on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by modernmonroe

this product is decent. it appears too matte, too noticeable and the colour can not match my skin (light [not pale] with reddish undertones). in pictures (although the colour of this makeup was particularly dark on my skin with bronzer) i appeared white as a ghost because i was too matte. this is great for problem skinened people with excellent makeup skills, but for me it just was awful. it also didn't come off well and i believe broke me out