August 27, 2014 | 1729 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation isn't bad. I have yet to find a foundation that can claim HG status for me - but this stuff is nice. I got it in the shade Buff and it is a fantastic match for me skin. This foundation doesn't look cakey on my skin. Infact - it looks quite natural. It gives my oily/combo skin a nice matte finish, and also helps control shine throughout the day. For some reason this doesn't give me the coverage I thought it would. I don't get coverage that is very full. Maybe it's the way I apply it? Who knows. I'll keep it around until I find something better. (Oh, and for a MAC reference, I'd probably be NC20)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by putri_kalimantan

I alwas wear this foundation if I want a full coverage make up especially in the evening. For a reference, with MAC I am NC43 and with Revlon Colorstay I wear Rich Tan. Since the bottle has a wide opening, I shake it first then I use the foundation that's left on the screw top after shaking. This way I have no waste of foundation and it's less messy. The amount is enough to cover all my face and neck. I don't like the glass bottle, though. But this foundation really lasts up to 12 hours on me. I always alternate between MAC Studiofix, L'oreal Cashmere Perfect in Golden Amber and Revlon Colorstay depends on the occasion and the time of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by shayfrom78

I'm actually amazed how much I like this ! I have been using BE for years (ocasionally switching around but always coming back lol ) & I actually like this ! It lasts ALL DAY & looks great until you wash it off unlike alot of liquid foundations that settle into lines etc . I've only used it 3 days but if continues to impress me & doesnt cause me to BREAK OUT then I might stick with this . Hey for around $8 & usually onsale BOGO @ drugstores yo can't beat it ! Oh & I have oily skin which means I usually can't get foundations to "stick" . I also combined this with me usual primer Philosophy the Present . But I'll update about this foundation after I've used it longer...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I bought this because it was on sale at Target and it came with a free concealer.. I'm a sucker for deals so I said "what the heck".. I have no complaints about this product.. seemed to cover flaws fine and leave a smooth finish.. I actually finished the bottle yesterday, but I don't think I'll buy again. I think there are better foundations out there.. ones that match my skin better and have better packaging! But, it's something I suggest you purchase and try for yourself, because I have friends that love this stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2005 4:14:00 PM More reviews by emcs

This foundation gives great coverage better than any other i have tried and it does stay on all day without going greasy it stays totally matte. But it does look unnatural and is very thick and dries so quickly i don't have an awful lot of time to blend it also sticks to my eybrows. Also the lightest shade, ivory (which has been discontinued in all my local shops) is still a little too dark. luckily my skin has improved since i bought this so i no longer need such heavy coverage but if i did breakout again i'd repurchase if i could find a decent shade. also it would be better if it came in a pump action bottle with spf15 like the colorstay natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by germanxtc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin so I'm always hunting for a product that stays on. I'm also always hunting for a product that matches my skin. Luckily I found a product that does both in this. I have constant acne and I have to say this has yet to break me out. Any zits that have come up have been the same ones I would normally get. Actually I've been breaking out a lot less which probably is because this makeup is oil free and non-comogenic so it doesn't cause breakouts. So far I am very impressed with this product. It doesn't seem to disappear during the day which was a constant problem with all my other foundations b/c of my oily skin. I don't care for the bottle though. The mouth is way to big. The best way to handle it is to do like the last reviewer: put your sponge over the mouth & tilt, then wipe the excess off onto/into the bottle's mouth. Update: Still loving this product. I hardly ever breakout now which means I'm able to use a lot less of this since I'm no longer trying to "hide" my skin. I saw the Colorstay Natural in the store the other day and all I can say is I really hope they make the bottle for this like the Natural bottle. That one has a pump top unlike this one that has a super big mouth which causes too much to come out. Also, my makeup is still staying in place. No coming off AT ALL during the day. Still the best lower priced foundation I've ever used. Really.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by evonneho

I live in a really hot and humid climate all year round, and any other foundation I have used looks slick and slides off by mid-day. The Colorstay however, stays put and makes my skin look flawless! A caveat: apply only on well-moisturized skin, or it will cake, streak, be impossible to blend and highlight your pores! I use a wedge sponge to cover the top of the bottle, tip it upside down and then wipe off the excess against the inside of the rim and apply to one part of my face (eg. entire forehead), and repeat for the other parts. I use very little but it is enough to cover enlarged pores, small flaws and even my skin tone. No one can tell I'm using makeup! I remove with wet wipes before washing my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am extremely happy with this foundation. After hemming and hawing over the shade selection, I have decided 02-Buff is a dead-on color match (MAC C2). It disappears into my skin and provides a medium-to-full coverage. It does a great job hiding imperfections and redness. I apply with my fingers during the week on my chin and nose area only, then I usually do a full face with a sponge on weekends. It looks great both ways. It does not make me break out. This usually looks its best after it's been on your face for a little while and it has "set". I use Revlon New Complexion Pressed Powder in Even Out with this, and they both do a great job at getting rid of any redness. This stays put all day, no matter what your day involves. HG for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product did not work at all for me. When I would first put it on it was okay, I DID NOT have a problem with blending. My problem with this product is that I have very oily skin and this just like all liquid foundations I have tried, did not last and contributed to me having a very shiny face. I will be giving the bottle I have away, and not ever buying this again. I am still on the search for a good foundation for my very oily skin. If any one can help me that would be great. I do not buy department store brands, I am always on a budget, when it comes to cosmetics.*EDIT* This is not that bad afterall if you use the Jane Oil Free pressed powder in Colorless over the top..Read my review on that. I read lots of great reviews on the pressed powder and decided to give it a try. It made a big difference about how I feel about the Colorstay foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 9:09:00 AM More reviews by heywhatsupilikeyourhair

This is an exellent foundation for normal to very oily skin, as I have. Dryer skin types may want to avoid this as it is deffinately mattifying. Is a liquid formula that needs to be worked with very quickly, as once it dries, its not going to budge- at all. Also, not a buildable foundation. I also find that it is best to put a layer of powder in between it and your concealer (if needed-gives great coverage on it's own), blush, etc. A little pricy for a drugstore brand, (about $13, but regularly on sale)but well worth it. Nude is a great color for paler complextions as it is not too yellowy/pinky/orangy. HG been wearing for years.