September 18, 2014 | 1701 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lixatron

At first I loved this product, as the color match was amazing for my yellow tones skin. It also had fab coverage and lasted all day. But then I didn't use it for a while, and when i used it again it made my skin look terrible, dry and grey. It streaked and the coverage didnt seem half as good as before. I am confused by this, so it is prolly worth trying but I was convinced for a while this was my HG foundation, but sadly now I am not so sure.......

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

This is a very good coverage foundation that does stay put for ages.I have combo skin & usually find that foundations slide off very easily. This doesnt but it does have cons(doesnt everything!).Its very difficult to blend, as it dries really fast.If I just use my fingers, I miss bits and have big streaks that wont blend. I use a damp sponge plus my fingers and this way I get a better result. However, it looks a bit chalkey & its totally noticeable that you're wearing foundation. Whenever I wear it my BF always teases me that Im wearing loads of m/up! It looks great in photos though and will see you through all nighters! Oh another con is that I cant apply my concealer over it(even though you dont need much as its full coverage)with a brush as it just rubs off the foundation, so be careful as a couple of times Ive had to wash it all off and put it all back on again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this foundation after using the Colorstay Natural to compare the differences. Now I actually like both foundations. This one offers slightly more coverage than the natural. It blends well giving medium coverage. It didn't seem to settle as much into the fine lines on my face as the Natural did. As with the Colorstay products once applied it really lasts. I don't experience any running or break through oily patches. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The opening on the bottle is too large making it difficult to get the right amount of foundation for application. I prefer the pump type bottle offered in the Colorstay Natural. Overall this a a good drugstore foundation and if you can find it BOGO then it is a steal. I will continue to use this and repurchase when it is gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation isn't bad. I have yet to find a foundation that can claim HG status for me - but this stuff is nice. I got it in the shade Buff and it is a fantastic match for me skin. This foundation doesn't look cakey on my skin. Infact - it looks quite natural. It gives my oily/combo skin a nice matte finish, and also helps control shine throughout the day. For some reason this doesn't give me the coverage I thought it would. I don't get coverage that is very full. Maybe it's the way I apply it? Who knows. I'll keep it around until I find something better. (Oh, and for a MAC reference, I'd probably be NC20)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by putri_kalimantan

I alwas wear this foundation if I want a full coverage make up especially in the evening. For a reference, with MAC I am NC43 and with Revlon Colorstay I wear Rich Tan. Since the bottle has a wide opening, I shake it first then I use the foundation that's left on the screw top after shaking. This way I have no waste of foundation and it's less messy. The amount is enough to cover all my face and neck. I don't like the glass bottle, though. But this foundation really lasts up to 12 hours on me. I always alternate between MAC Studiofix, L'oreal Cashmere Perfect in Golden Amber and Revlon Colorstay depends on the occasion and the time of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by shayfrom78

I'm actually amazed how much I like this ! I have been using BE for years (ocasionally switching around but always coming back lol ) & I actually like this ! It lasts ALL DAY & looks great until you wash it off unlike alot of liquid foundations that settle into lines etc . I've only used it 3 days but if continues to impress me & doesnt cause me to BREAK OUT then I might stick with this . Hey for around $8 & usually onsale BOGO @ drugstores yo can't beat it ! Oh & I have oily skin which means I usually can't get foundations to "stick" . I also combined this with me usual primer Philosophy the Present . But I'll update about this foundation after I've used it longer...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I bought this because it was on sale at Target and it came with a free concealer.. I'm a sucker for deals so I said "what the heck".. I have no complaints about this product.. seemed to cover flaws fine and leave a smooth finish.. I actually finished the bottle yesterday, but I don't think I'll buy again. I think there are better foundations out there.. ones that match my skin better and have better packaging! But, it's something I suggest you purchase and try for yourself, because I have friends that love this stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2005 4:14:00 PM More reviews by emcs

This foundation gives great coverage better than any other i have tried and it does stay on all day without going greasy it stays totally matte. But it does look unnatural and is very thick and dries so quickly i don't have an awful lot of time to blend it also sticks to my eybrows. Also the lightest shade, ivory (which has been discontinued in all my local shops) is still a little too dark. luckily my skin has improved since i bought this so i no longer need such heavy coverage but if i did breakout again i'd repurchase if i could find a decent shade. also it would be better if it came in a pump action bottle with spf15 like the colorstay natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by germanxtc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin so I'm always hunting for a product that stays on. I'm also always hunting for a product that matches my skin. Luckily I found a product that does both in this. I have constant acne and I have to say this has yet to break me out. Any zits that have come up have been the same ones I would normally get. Actually I've been breaking out a lot less which probably is because this makeup is oil free and non-comogenic so it doesn't cause breakouts. So far I am very impressed with this product. It doesn't seem to disappear during the day which was a constant problem with all my other foundations b/c of my oily skin. I don't care for the bottle though. The mouth is way to big. The best way to handle it is to do like the last reviewer: put your sponge over the mouth & tilt, then wipe the excess off onto/into the bottle's mouth. Update: Still loving this product. I hardly ever breakout now which means I'm able to use a lot less of this since I'm no longer trying to "hide" my skin. I saw the Colorstay Natural in the store the other day and all I can say is I really hope they make the bottle for this like the Natural bottle. That one has a pump top unlike this one that has a super big mouth which causes too much to come out. Also, my makeup is still staying in place. No coming off AT ALL during the day. Still the best lower priced foundation I've ever used. Really.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by evonneho

I live in a really hot and humid climate all year round, and any other foundation I have used looks slick and slides off by mid-day. The Colorstay however, stays put and makes my skin look flawless! A caveat: apply only on well-moisturized skin, or it will cake, streak, be impossible to blend and highlight your pores! I use a wedge sponge to cover the top of the bottle, tip it upside down and then wipe off the excess against the inside of the rim and apply to one part of my face (eg. entire forehead), and repeat for the other parts. I use very little but it is enough to cover enlarged pores, small flaws and even my skin tone. No one can tell I'm using makeup! I remove with wet wipes before washing my face.