Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 5/25/2005 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

IT STAYS PUT BUT LOOKS LIKE A MASK ON MY DRY SKIN. WOULD NOT REPURCHASE

on 5/20/2005 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used to wear Colorstay faithfully back in the 90s, going through several bottles and for some reason I stopped using it. I bought a bottle to revisit and see if I still liked it. I currently use CSN in Cappucino but wanted to go back to the original because I knew it provided full coverage. I was disappointed. Its thick and orangy. I saw my face in a mirror at the mall and couldn't believe how orange and mask like it looked. I couldn't wait to come home and wash it off. It does stay matte for quite a while even on oily skin like mine but the color was horrible, not like same shade in CSN. Will not repurchase.

on 5/18/2005 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has become my HG foundation, that I wear daily. I would recommend this foundation to ladies with oily skin who have a lot to hide. It covers my acne marks and acne and it stays on forever. The finish is very matte. The i
vory shade works for my PPP skin, though it does have some pink in it.

on 4/23/2005 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm always searching for the "perfect foundation", and while I haven't found it yet, I keep coming back to Colorstay. I have very light skin which is very hard to match to a makeup, but I have had no problems with the lightest shade of Colorstay. It has good coverage, I usually apply and blend one coat with my fingers, then pat a sponge on areas I want a little more coverage, and finish with pressed powder. One of the best foundations I've tried. *Update* 5-16-05: I'm still using (and loving) Colorstay. I partner it with Max Factor Colour Adapt pressed powder, and it stays on *all* day!

on 4/20/2005 12:28:00 AM

+stays on
+like the smell
+doesnt break me out
+no oil break through
+flawless with cornslik powder
+stays on
-hard to get off without whipes

seeing as my skin isnt bad I could use something a little bit sheerer. but nothing sheer seems to be for extremely oily skin.

plus i like the matte look.

EDIT: i dont like this anymore. im sick of foundations not being light enough.
after a while i realized it doesnt match my skin well.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is Great for the summer.This blends right in and does not melt off when you sweat.Everyone notices how flawless it looks I wore alot of this to the club last year and this is a Great product.

on 4/18/2005 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I get medium coverage out of it which is what I was looking for. It covers all of my acne scars and I dont need to use concealer. It stays on ALL DAY. I dont even need to blot or touch up. I have very acne prone skin and it didn't cause me to break out. normally when I wear a foundation and splash my face with the hot water the water drips off tinted with the color of foundation. Not the case with this foundation. I actually have to rub with cleanser to get it to come off. I just need to find a color thats a little less yellow for me... never leave it to your husband to match the colors on your neck at the store for you LOL :)

on 4/14/2005 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this because I wanted a heavier coverage. I now LOVE this product. Definitely offers me more coverage on my blemished face, and hasnt caused any breakouts. I especially love how it actually stays most of the day. Some of course rubs off, but I still look pretty decent at the end of the day :) Excellent foundation!

on 4/11/2005 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin, large pores, and LOTS to hide (redness, acne scars, sun damage) This foundation covers everything, stays color true, doesn't slide off my greasy skin or turn orange, and really stays on. I use a slightly damp sponge with a very light dusting of powder on top, and this will keep me normal looking for a full 10 hours (with blotting paper touch ups). That is incredible for my skin! Colorstay has great coverage. I haven't had any problems with it changing color. I would recommend this for oily girls who need the extra coverage. UPDATE: I began to suspect that this was making me breakout, and it has been confirmed - it IS making me breakout. Oh, sadness! But I will still wear this when I'm going to have a long day.

on 4/9/2005 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation i've ever used. It covers great and doesn't look cakey. The only problems I run into is I notice it changes colors once my face gets oily. This foundation is a definite no-no for those with dry skin..it'll look too matte. The colors are great (even though I have to mix nude and buff) and it really does last. Highly recommended.