October 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love it! Is the only foundation I've used for over a year! It is definately for those that like some coverage. I use this with a foundation brush which I find sheers it out a bit. I use the Buff shade which is a perfect match for me. When I apply this, my skin is flawless and it lasts all work day long. I really recommend this for women who don't need extreme coverage, but who want to even out skin tone and cover some redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2005 3:50:00 PM More reviews by nsaechao

This foundation is really thick. Application is easy with a makeup wedge and the foundation provides good coverage, but it feels like I'm wearing a mask. And it does rub off onto clothes etc. I'm going to go back to the previous foundation I was using (prescriptives virtual matte). It gives a very light feeling full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is my new fav. foundation. I bought this in Buff(NC20), matches pretty well, Buff seems like it's on the neutral side. This foundation is great for oily skins, it doesn't seperate on my nose where I'm oily. This stuff lasts I tell you! I would say that this has medium coverage, it can be very obvious you're wearing foundation if you put too much on.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by empresslestat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation for people with oily skin who will take the time to work with it. In fact, research shows that only a Colorstay-type of foundation is the only kind that will actually stay on people with oily skin. You definitely need to use a sponge to apply it in quick strokes. If you still need more coverage in some areas, put a bit from the neck of the bottle on your finger tip and press-and-roll your finger on the area that needs to be concealed; this will work to cover pores as well and red spots/blemishes. As long as your second application for concealment is "pressed on" and not spread, it will not cake or streak. Also setting this with the right powder is essential and can provide some highlighting. I use Bare Essentials Mineral Veil and it looks awesome over this foundation; it has cornstarch, so it provides some extra oil-absorbing properties.

I have tried every foundation out there for my oily skin that has mild rosacea, and I always come back to this because it does not slip off (want to try Chanel Double Perfection Liquid next).

I use Buff as well and it blends in perfectly. When I get tan for the summer, I take two different colors and mix them for the perfect sunny shade.

See photos in my profile-I wore Colorstay Buff in all of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2005 7:15:00 PM More reviews by singinmys0ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I always come back to this foundation. However, i do like it..it just seems so thick on my face and drys so fast when you put it on. They do have good color tho and it matches pretty well. I would recomend it but just don't put to much on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by modernmonroe

this product is decent. it appears too matte, too noticeable and the colour can not match my skin (light [not pale] with reddish undertones). in pictures (although the colour of this makeup was particularly dark on my skin with bronzer) i appeared white as a ghost because i was too matte. this is great for problem skinened people with excellent makeup skills, but for me it just was awful. it also didn't come off well and i believe broke me out

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lixatron

At first I loved this product, as the color match was amazing for my yellow tones skin. It also had fab coverage and lasted all day. But then I didn't use it for a while, and when i used it again it made my skin look terrible, dry and grey. It streaked and the coverage didnt seem half as good as before. I am confused by this, so it is prolly worth trying but I was convinced for a while this was my HG foundation, but sadly now I am not so sure.......

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

This is a very good coverage foundation that does stay put for ages.I have combo skin & usually find that foundations slide off very easily. This doesnt but it does have cons(doesnt everything!).Its very difficult to blend, as it dries really fast.If I just use my fingers, I miss bits and have big streaks that wont blend. I use a damp sponge plus my fingers and this way I get a better result. However, it looks a bit chalkey & its totally noticeable that you're wearing foundation. Whenever I wear it my BF always teases me that Im wearing loads of m/up! It looks great in photos though and will see you through all nighters! Oh another con is that I cant apply my concealer over it(even though you dont need much as its full coverage)with a brush as it just rubs off the foundation, so be careful as a couple of times Ive had to wash it all off and put it all back on again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this foundation after using the Colorstay Natural to compare the differences. Now I actually like both foundations. This one offers slightly more coverage than the natural. It blends well giving medium coverage. It didn't seem to settle as much into the fine lines on my face as the Natural did. As with the Colorstay products once applied it really lasts. I don't experience any running or break through oily patches. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The opening on the bottle is too large making it difficult to get the right amount of foundation for application. I prefer the pump type bottle offered in the Colorstay Natural. Overall this a a good drugstore foundation and if you can find it BOGO then it is a steal. I will continue to use this and repurchase when it is gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation isn't bad. I have yet to find a foundation that can claim HG status for me - but this stuff is nice. I got it in the shade Buff and it is a fantastic match for me skin. This foundation doesn't look cakey on my skin. Infact - it looks quite natural. It gives my oily/combo skin a nice matte finish, and also helps control shine throughout the day. For some reason this doesn't give me the coverage I thought it would. I don't get coverage that is very full. Maybe it's the way I apply it? Who knows. I'll keep it around until I find something better. (Oh, and for a MAC reference, I'd probably be NC20)