November 26, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lrnichols87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm always searching for the "perfect foundation", and while I haven't found it yet, I keep coming back to Colorstay. I have very light skin which is very hard to match to a makeup, but I have had no problems with the lightest shade of Colorstay. It has good coverage, I usually apply and blend one coat with my fingers, then pat a sponge on areas I want a little more coverage, and finish with pressed powder. One of the best foundations I've tried. *Update* 5-16-05: I'm still using (and loving) Colorstay. I partner it with Max Factor Colour Adapt pressed powder, and it stays on *all* day!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2005 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dothedramatic

+stays on
+like the smell
+doesnt break me out
+no oil break through
+flawless with cornslik powder
+stays on
-hard to get off without whipes

seeing as my skin isnt bad I could use something a little bit sheerer. but nothing sheer seems to be for extremely oily skin.

plus i like the matte look.

EDIT: i dont like this anymore. im sick of foundations not being light enough.
after a while i realized it doesnt match my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Redwinelipstick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is Great for the summer.This blends right in and does not melt off when you sweat.Everyone notices how flawless it looks I wore alot of this to the club last year and this is a Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by breakzjunki

I really like this foundation. I get medium coverage out of it which is what I was looking for. It covers all of my acne scars and I dont need to use concealer. It stays on ALL DAY. I dont even need to blot or touch up. I have very acne prone skin and it didn't cause me to break out. normally when I wear a foundation and splash my face with the hot water the water drips off tinted with the color of foundation. Not the case with this foundation. I actually have to rub with cleanser to get it to come off. I just need to find a color thats a little less yellow for me... never leave it to your husband to match the colors on your neck at the store for you LOL :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2005 12:08:00 AM More reviews by urangelpal

I decided to try this because I wanted a heavier coverage. I now LOVE this product. Definitely offers me more coverage on my blemished face, and hasnt caused any breakouts. I especially love how it actually stays most of the day. Some of course rubs off, but I still look pretty decent at the end of the day :) Excellent foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Karlee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin, large pores, and LOTS to hide (redness, acne scars, sun damage) This foundation covers everything, stays color true, doesn't slide off my greasy skin or turn orange, and really stays on. I use a slightly damp sponge with a very light dusting of powder on top, and this will keep me normal looking for a full 10 hours (with blotting paper touch ups). That is incredible for my skin! Colorstay has great coverage. I haven't had any problems with it changing color. I would recommend this for oily girls who need the extra coverage. UPDATE: I began to suspect that this was making me breakout, and it has been confirmed - it IS making me breakout. Oh, sadness! But I will still wear this when I'm going to have a long day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2005 9:06:00 PM More reviews by girl3900

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation i've ever used. It covers great and doesn't look cakey. The only problems I run into is I notice it changes colors once my face gets oily. This foundation is a definite no-no for those with dry skin..it'll look too matte. The colors are great (even though I have to mix nude and buff) and it really does last. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2005 4:49:00 PM More reviews by angie2882

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this product at first becasue it gave me a good coverage and looked good...unfortunately I never wore it for that long because it ended up not looking that great. the longest time I wore it was probably about 4 hours and the colour didnt stay that well in my opinion...anyways maybe I was just puting it on wrong but I did not like it that much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Unless you like spending hours in the bathroom removing your makeup, avoid Revlon's Colorstay foundation. Besides being mask-like and very drying on the skin, I cleansed my face three times and still found traces of this gunk in my pores. Yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2005 2:31:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first all day wear foundation I used when I was about 16 searching for a foundation to last in the hot weather and back then it was one of the only all day wear foundations I could find. I stopped using it after other affordable cosmetics companies started producing their versions as back then Colorstay foundation was like liquid cement a it dried so incredibly fact there was no time to blend into the rest of the face! And when it dried your face felt tight all day. Well I tried going back to it after all these years just to see if it's any better then Ultima's Wonderwear, but it tis not. Instead of Colorstay being really thick and drying fast it's now the exact opposite. It's very thin and does not provide full coverage and takes very very long to dry and that's w/ sitting in front of my fan for 10-15 min and it's still tacky! So it went from one extreme to the other. Not sure what's so difficult here as other cosmetics companies can get it right texture wise. Anyhow, I am back to my Ultima Wonderwear foundation which are now so much more affordable since I discovered the Revlon warehouse outlets store in Phoenix which I can call and place an order with anytime for any Ultima, Revlon, Almay product for 60% retail so instead of spending $21.50 from Ulta.com for my Ultima foundation I now spend $8.50 plus $3 or so for shipping. And the Revlon Colorstay is like $5 or so whereas in a store it's $12 or so. he Revlon warehouse number is 1-800-465-5592 and you can call from anywhere to order, just know what you want. I was lucky to actually visit there recently and they had everything and I got a huge department store size shopping bag of stuff for $92 which would had cost well over $300 at full price.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No