July 22, 2014 | 2104 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by empresslestat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation for people with oily skin who will take the time to work with it. In fact, research shows that only a Colorstay-type of foundation is the only kind that will actually stay on people with oily skin. You definitely need to use a sponge to apply it in quick strokes. If you still need more coverage in some areas, put a bit from the neck of the bottle on your finger tip and press-and-roll your finger on the area that needs to be concealed; this will work to cover pores as well and red spots/blemishes. As long as your second application for concealment is "pressed on" and not spread, it will not cake or streak. Also setting this with the right powder is essential and can provide some highlighting. I use Bare Essentials Mineral Veil and it looks awesome over this foundation; it has cornstarch, so it provides some extra oil-absorbing properties.

I have tried every foundation out there for my oily skin that has mild rosacea, and I always come back to this because it does not slip off (want to try Chanel Double Perfection Liquid next).

I use Buff as well and it blends in perfectly. When I get tan for the summer, I take two different colors and mix them for the perfect sunny shade.

See photos in my profile-I wore Colorstay Buff in all of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2005 7:15:00 PM More reviews by singinmys0ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I always come back to this foundation. However, i do like it..it just seems so thick on my face and drys so fast when you put it on. They do have good color tho and it matches pretty well. I would recomend it but just don't put to much on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by modernmonroe

this product is decent. it appears too matte, too noticeable and the colour can not match my skin (light [not pale] with reddish undertones). in pictures (although the colour of this makeup was particularly dark on my skin with bronzer) i appeared white as a ghost because i was too matte. this is great for problem skinened people with excellent makeup skills, but for me it just was awful. it also didn't come off well and i believe broke me out

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lixatron

At first I loved this product, as the color match was amazing for my yellow tones skin. It also had fab coverage and lasted all day. But then I didn't use it for a while, and when i used it again it made my skin look terrible, dry and grey. It streaked and the coverage didnt seem half as good as before. I am confused by this, so it is prolly worth trying but I was convinced for a while this was my HG foundation, but sadly now I am not so sure.......

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

This is a very good coverage foundation that does stay put for ages.I have combo skin & usually find that foundations slide off very easily. This doesnt but it does have cons(doesnt everything!).Its very difficult to blend, as it dries really fast.If I just use my fingers, I miss bits and have big streaks that wont blend. I use a damp sponge plus my fingers and this way I get a better result. However, it looks a bit chalkey & its totally noticeable that you're wearing foundation. Whenever I wear it my BF always teases me that Im wearing loads of m/up! It looks great in photos though and will see you through all nighters! Oh another con is that I cant apply my concealer over it(even though you dont need much as its full coverage)with a brush as it just rubs off the foundation, so be careful as a couple of times Ive had to wash it all off and put it all back on again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this foundation after using the Colorstay Natural to compare the differences. Now I actually like both foundations. This one offers slightly more coverage than the natural. It blends well giving medium coverage. It didn't seem to settle as much into the fine lines on my face as the Natural did. As with the Colorstay products once applied it really lasts. I don't experience any running or break through oily patches. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The opening on the bottle is too large making it difficult to get the right amount of foundation for application. I prefer the pump type bottle offered in the Colorstay Natural. Overall this a a good drugstore foundation and if you can find it BOGO then it is a steal. I will continue to use this and repurchase when it is gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation isn't bad. I have yet to find a foundation that can claim HG status for me - but this stuff is nice. I got it in the shade Buff and it is a fantastic match for me skin. This foundation doesn't look cakey on my skin. Infact - it looks quite natural. It gives my oily/combo skin a nice matte finish, and also helps control shine throughout the day. For some reason this doesn't give me the coverage I thought it would. I don't get coverage that is very full. Maybe it's the way I apply it? Who knows. I'll keep it around until I find something better. (Oh, and for a MAC reference, I'd probably be NC20)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by putri_kalimantan

I alwas wear this foundation if I want a full coverage make up especially in the evening. For a reference, with MAC I am NC43 and with Revlon Colorstay I wear Rich Tan. Since the bottle has a wide opening, I shake it first then I use the foundation that's left on the screw top after shaking. This way I have no waste of foundation and it's less messy. The amount is enough to cover all my face and neck. I don't like the glass bottle, though. But this foundation really lasts up to 12 hours on me. I always alternate between MAC Studiofix, L'oreal Cashmere Perfect in Golden Amber and Revlon Colorstay depends on the occasion and the time of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by shayfrom78

I'm actually amazed how much I like this ! I have been using BE for years (ocasionally switching around but always coming back lol ) & I actually like this ! It lasts ALL DAY & looks great until you wash it off unlike alot of liquid foundations that settle into lines etc . I've only used it 3 days but if continues to impress me & doesnt cause me to BREAK OUT then I might stick with this . Hey for around $8 & usually onsale BOGO @ drugstores yo can't beat it ! Oh & I have oily skin which means I usually can't get foundations to "stick" . I also combined this with me usual primer Philosophy the Present . But I'll update about this foundation after I've used it longer...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I bought this because it was on sale at Target and it came with a free concealer.. I'm a sucker for deals so I said "what the heck".. I have no complaints about this product.. seemed to cover flaws fine and leave a smooth finish.. I actually finished the bottle yesterday, but I don't think I'll buy again. I think there are better foundations out there.. ones that match my skin better and have better packaging! But, it's something I suggest you purchase and try for yourself, because I have friends that love this stuff!!