October 22, 2014 | 1365 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2005 7:13:00 AM More reviews by milquetoast

As a sheer foundation type of gal, I'd never have though I'd pick this up. Colorstay surprised me. I bought Buff, which is quite yellow-based for a drugstore foundation (!!!) Very intruiging. It ended up being a pretty darn good match for my NC25/C3/Stila c complex.

Knowing how potentially disastrous the full coverage can be on me, I use very, very sparingly, like runny concealer, and layer. Superb finish. Powder not even necessary. Doesn't cling to the flaky bit as I thought it would. Will be interesting to see if it works well mixed with a light moisturizer. I shall report back to see if it turns orange on me. Price is nice. I'm satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cricket73

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybelline recently d/c my HG foundation "Smooth Results" and I have been going nuts trying to find a replacement. I have been going nuts trying to find a replacement. I have tried EVERY last foundation from Loreal, Maybelline, Almay (basically every major drugstore brand). I have also tried Becca & LM. No luck. I had used Colorstay briefly in '98 but stopped for a few reasons, the first of which is that this stuff is not just hard to get off your face once dry but also the sink, countertop & towels. Second it made me breakout, starting a vicious cycle of more foundation needed to cover the zits from the foundation. So I must be really desperate to give it another shot. I am. This time I used a little bit of Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion in "Bare Light" mixed in to the Colorstay Foundation in "Buff" and I look fabulous. Unfortunately I don't know yet whether it will cause major breakouts yet. I'll update if it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by AzngloW411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IT STAYS PUT BUT LOOKS LIKE A MASK ON MY DRY SKIN. WOULD NOT REPURCHASE

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 8:29:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to wear Colorstay faithfully back in the 90s, going through several bottles and for some reason I stopped using it. I bought a bottle to revisit and see if I still liked it. I currently use CSN in Cappucino but wanted to go back to the original because I knew it provided full coverage. I was disappointed. Its thick and orangy. I saw my face in a mirror at the mall and couldn't believe how orange and mask like it looked. I couldn't wait to come home and wash it off. It does stay matte for quite a while even on oily skin like mine but the color was horrible, not like same shade in CSN. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by silver_rain

This has become my HG foundation, that I wear daily. I would recommend this foundation to ladies with oily skin who have a lot to hide. It covers my acne marks and acne and it stays on forever. The finish is very matte. The i
    vory shade works for my PPP skin, though it does have some pink in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lrnichols87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm always searching for the "perfect foundation", and while I haven't found it yet, I keep coming back to Colorstay. I have very light skin which is very hard to match to a makeup, but I have had no problems with the lightest shade of Colorstay. It has good coverage, I usually apply and blend one coat with my fingers, then pat a sponge on areas I want a little more coverage, and finish with pressed powder. One of the best foundations I've tried. *Update* 5-16-05: I'm still using (and loving) Colorstay. I partner it with Max Factor Colour Adapt pressed powder, and it stays on *all* day!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2005 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dothedramatic

+stays on
    +like the smell
    +doesnt break me out
    +no oil break through
    +flawless with cornslik powder
    +stays on
    -hard to get off without whipes

seeing as my skin isnt bad I could use something a little bit sheerer. but nothing sheer seems to be for extremely oily skin.

plus i like the matte look.

EDIT: i dont like this anymore. im sick of foundations not being light enough.
    after a while i realized it doesnt match my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Redwinelipstick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is Great for the summer.This blends right in and does not melt off when you sweat.Everyone notices how flawless it looks I wore alot of this to the club last year and this is a Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by breakzjunki

I really like this foundation. I get medium coverage out of it which is what I was looking for. It covers all of my acne scars and I dont need to use concealer. It stays on ALL DAY. I dont even need to blot or touch up. I have very acne prone skin and it didn't cause me to break out. normally when I wear a foundation and splash my face with the hot water the water drips off tinted with the color of foundation. Not the case with this foundation. I actually have to rub with cleanser to get it to come off. I just need to find a color thats a little less yellow for me... never leave it to your husband to match the colors on your neck at the store for you LOL :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2005 12:08:00 AM More reviews by urangelpal

I decided to try this because I wanted a heavier coverage. I now LOVE this product. Definitely offers me more coverage on my blemished face, and hasnt caused any breakouts. I especially love how it actually stays most of the day. Some of course rubs off, but I still look pretty decent at the end of the day :) Excellent foundation!