October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kelbelle927

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. Stays on through anything, almost perfect color match with Buff (I'm an NC20 for referrence). The only bad thing is the smell, it's slightly annoying. Other than that, I'm in love with this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2005 2:02:00 AM More reviews by cariscierley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am going through an extremely oily phase right now. For my skin, this was just a regular liquid foundation. I had to blot 4 times a day as I usually do. By 5 o'clock, it was breaking apart around my nose, like Illuminare did (though blotting helped even it out). By evening I felt greasy and wanted to wash my face. Of course, as has always been the case with me, it turned slightly darker--but I think it's due to my oil mixing with the foundation. If I didn't have such oily skin it would have worked. I liked the color--Nude. I have fair china doll undertones with a slight tan. I also didn't like the way it blended. I had to rub certain parts in more (I had the same issue with Lancome ultra-matte foundations--they didn't blend well).

I really wanted this foundation to work. For the first 2 or 3 hours it really did look nice. It did not look masky. Maybe it would work better for someone with slightly oily skin. :( Someone help me. I don't know what to use. I am so oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lashby78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. There are not enough color choices and the color that is closest to my skin tone is very off. When I applied it, I felt like I was wearing a mask. My skin looked awfully fake but being hopeful, I kept it on all day. What a huge mistake. At the end of the day, all I had was a crazy orange chalky complexion and an urge to wash my face over and over. For a drugstore foundation, try Maybelline EverFresh instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 5:10:00 AM More reviews by flowerfluff

I absolutely adore this foundation! It makes my skin look so flawless and gorgeous! I am asian with skin prone to blemishes and this foundation is the best i've tried so far in hiding them! It is a medium/heavy coverage but a little mixed with a wet sponge will give beautiful shear coverage too! I use buff chamois no.2 its very fair.. great for winter, but i might choose a shade darker when summer comes around.. It is slightly drying when first applied so i suggest using a good moisturiser before hand, but after a couple of hours of wear, the foundation looks FANTASTIC on the skin! Yes, and it stays lookin fantastic all day! no touch ups! ... 10 lippies for me! (although i wish it came with a pump dispenser cos its hard to get out also you need a DEEP cleanser to get it off at night) but all in all, it's my HG foundation.. not oily like maybelline or covergirl or many other brands that break you out... revlon colorstay is FABULOUS, reasonably priced, so reliable and gives you beautiful porcelain flawless skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

A long time ago, a girl I worked with had really nice skin. I would always ask her what her secret was. She told me that she battled serious acne, and went on accutane. However, her skin cleared up, but she still had acne scars. I was shocked. I always thought her skin was just amazing. Then she told me that she uses Colorstay. So ofcourse, me having all my skin issues(large pores, acne scars), I had to go and get a bottle immediately. Well, first off I couldnt find a color match. All the colors were too pink or peach. And the one color where it seemed as though it was yellow enough, it was too light. But I found the closest possible match and tried it. Well, it looked as though I was wearing war paint on my face. I dont think it broke me out, but it didnt give me the results I saw my friend had. I know everyone reacts differently to products, but I wished this worked for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

The one that I got was Revlon, Colorstay Makeup foundation. I am not exactly sure if it is same as the one that I am suppose to be reviweing here. But since I couldn't find another more suitable category for this foundation, I decided to review here. Hope its the right one! I got this in shade 02, buff which I found a bit too light, but shade 03 would have been too dark, so I decided on 02. I found the liquid a bit too thick & difficult to blend. Besides, after blending, it seems to look sort of patchy & sort of mask like though matte looking. Also, it highlighted rather than conceal the blackheads on my nose. All in all, I think that this is a below average foundation & will not be repurchasing. Update: With a makeup primer underneath this foundation, I find it doesn't hightlight blackheads on my nose as badly as it used to. I still find the application quite think even though I'm trying to be very light handled and apply as little as possible. The thing about this foundation I feel is that it doesn't 'sink' into skin to make it look natural but rather, it *sits* ontop of the skin, thus instead of covering flaws on the face, you can still see the flaws and it looks like the foundation is plastered on them. One thing I noted about this product is that its quite similar to Estee Lauder's Double Wear, just that EL's one is even thicker in texture and applys even thicker no matter how much moisturiser I apply beneath the foundation. Anyway, one thing I like about Revlon Colorstay is that it does control oil better than other foundations. Actually, I feel this foundation and EL's Double wear are the only ones that somewhat control oil on my T zone. But then again, I suspect its because they are soo thick. One more thing- it creases in the area between the sides of my nose and mouth when I smile or laugh. I'm currently using this foundation because I like the oil control on the T zone but if I find something better, I would no doubt move on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2005 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mcearley

I got this item in a swap in ivory after reading good reviews about it on MUA. I had been using Clinique Stay True makeup in Stay Ivory as my HG for years. However, I have combination skin, and the heat and humidity of the hot south (Arkansas) was once again reminding me that I wanted to try something else, at least during the heat of the summer. Unlike other reviewers, I did not find the colorstay to be heavy or masklike. I applied it sparingly because I didn't want it to be too heavy. I moisurized well first with PC Essential Non-greasy Sunscreen. While that was still damp on my face, I dotted one dot of the foundation on each cheek, my nose, and chin. Then, I blended quickly with a wedge sponge. It spread evenly with very natural results. I didn't have any trouble with it streaking or drying too fast since I applied it with moisturizer. I even went back and added a bit more around my nose. It felt light and looked wonderful. It seemed to cover my pores better than Clinique did. It was almost identical in color and coverage of any blemishes etc. of the Clinique makeup. However, the Colorstay did have better holding power and less shine after several hours of being out in 100 degree weather. I still found that I had to powder once during the day, but there was significantly less shine to blot than before. I have used this for 4 days now and just love it. It is my HG for summer! Plus, a bargain in price. The Clinique was $19.50 for 1 oz while this can be found in drugstore sales for $9.00 or so for 1.25 oz. I use so little to get coverage, that this bottle should last a long time. Hopefully, I won't start breaking out, but I'll have to give it time to see. I'll add a note to this later if I do. It is oil free and non-comedogenic (according to label), so hopefully I won't. I'd definitely give it a try if you have oily skin! UPDATE: I've been using this daily for over 3 weeks and have not broken out any more than my few usual TOM breakouts. Yea!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2005 7:13:00 AM More reviews by milquetoast

As a sheer foundation type of gal, I'd never have though I'd pick this up. Colorstay surprised me. I bought Buff, which is quite yellow-based for a drugstore foundation (!!!) Very intruiging. It ended up being a pretty darn good match for my NC25/C3/Stila c complex.

Knowing how potentially disastrous the full coverage can be on me, I use very, very sparingly, like runny concealer, and layer. Superb finish. Powder not even necessary. Doesn't cling to the flaky bit as I thought it would. Will be interesting to see if it works well mixed with a light moisturizer. I shall report back to see if it turns orange on me. Price is nice. I'm satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cricket73

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybelline recently d/c my HG foundation "Smooth Results" and I have been going nuts trying to find a replacement. I have been going nuts trying to find a replacement. I have tried EVERY last foundation from Loreal, Maybelline, Almay (basically every major drugstore brand). I have also tried Becca & LM. No luck. I had used Colorstay briefly in '98 but stopped for a few reasons, the first of which is that this stuff is not just hard to get off your face once dry but also the sink, countertop & towels. Second it made me breakout, starting a vicious cycle of more foundation needed to cover the zits from the foundation. So I must be really desperate to give it another shot. I am. This time I used a little bit of Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion in "Bare Light" mixed in to the Colorstay Foundation in "Buff" and I look fabulous. Unfortunately I don't know yet whether it will cause major breakouts yet. I'll update if it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by AzngloW411