October 21, 2014 | 933 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 4:48:00 PM More reviews by GORGEOUSCOURTNEY

Revlon Colorstay Foundation (note: NOT the newer version in the slightly taller, slimmer bottle) is FANTASTIC!!! It comes in a 1.25 fl oz. glass bottle that says REVLON COLORSTAY MAKEUP Fond De Teint OIL FREE. The newer version, I believe, is so similar that the two could easily be confused, but the newer version just doesn't wear the same (I think it's for those seeking less coverage). This original is readily available (cheapest, I find, at Ulta Cosmetic store for about $8) and is a must-have beauty item. Flawless skin is the single best thing to have on your side (after that I'd list eyebrows that frame your face well, and mascara, of course) so being able to purchase such an inexpensive foundation that wears ALL day long (even stays put if you cry, sweat, or get caught in the rain) AND that looks beautiful on the skin is unbeatable. This makeup has a vast range of shades and most have a great yellow undertone that makes for a natural finish (not too pink like most cheap foundations). If you cleanse your skin well with a face cleanser (not soap) and follow with a light moisturizer (like Olay or Suave face moisturizer) you can apply this foundation with a makeup sponge, patting it on, THEN blending lightly - and it'll give you a flawless, fabulous finish. Be sure to blend at the jawline and when finished dust with pressed powder so it will set (this makeup says right on the bottle that it "sets in 60 seconds", and it does, so once you apply you cannot go back and add more or touch it up without risking 'caking', so do it and dust it (to ensure even better wear) and go - you're good all day and all night and can sleep in it and wake up looking still 'done'! It's wear is all in the application, so follow these steps and you're sure to love it! Lastly, as with any foundation, match the color to your neck, not your facial skin, since you'll be covering you skin with it (and it has to match the neck once on - if your skin coloring was perfect, you wouldn't be buying foundation anyway, so the point is to cover it and match it to the rest of your skin!). I am 27 years old, I have combination skin with the occasional breakout (as well as mild to moderate rosacea, so redness is always a factor for me), if that helps round out my description of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My 40+ skin needs COVERAGE, is oily w/yellow undertones. I've tried everything and was stuck on MAC cuz of the color selection but this foundation is awsome. It stays put, does let some oil thru but not alot so I look natural which is good. I use Sand 04 for my C35 complexion and have not seem any more or less breakouts. MAC is too rich and does cause me acne but I still love the coverage so I put it on over this with a fluffy brush and a lite hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 9:17:00 AM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes, yes, and yes! I would buy this again. I struggled with foundations. I have tried so many I was getting tired and depressed. I wanted a foundation that gave me matte, medium-full coverage that would also control my oily skin. I have been using this for a while (NC35-40, Medium beige in winter, natural tan in summer). I strayed from it because I thought I could find better, what a mistake. I have come to the realization that this is the best foundation for me. The color match is ideal, the coverage is great, no breakouts, and although it does not completely block my oily skin (i don't look greasy now, just a little glowy) I love it. The price is right in my range too, which is perfect. This is HG, and I reserve that status only for tried and true products.
    Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by taracall10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got this foundation a couple days ago and so far I'm in love! It has great coverage and even stays on the full 16 hours it claims! It works great with my combination skin - leaves a nice matte finish and pretty much stays that way all day. I also bought the colorstay pressed powder to go along with it, and I love them both. My skin looks absolutely flawless! The colorstay line has a ton of colors to match every skintone. This is the best drugstore foundation I've ever bought! I would definitley recommend this foundation to anyone with acne-prone or combination skin! Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by coconut103

This is the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried!!! It is even a little better than my expensive HG department store stuff -- Estee Lauder Ideal Matte. I have oily skin, which frequently jumps to very dry and then back again. Whether its in an oily or dry phase, Colorstay looks great. Very good coverage, blendability, and natural looking shade choices (I picked "Nude" which is a PERFECT match for my skin.) It's decently priced at about $15 (you get alot of product though!), although the glass bottle is kind of a pain. So far, no breakouts yet... I'm very pleased!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by kellirc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, this really is unbelievable. I live in a place that is like a steam bath. You walk outside and immediately start sweating. So I did not believe this foundation would be any better than any other that I have used. I also have oily skin and use a pretty heavy duty moisturizer with spf(Neutrogena Healthy Defense.) Anyway, I put this on after my usual moisturizer, then my loose powder. I went to the park and walked in 100% humidity and probably 90 degree heat. Came home and couldn't believe that not only is my makeup still on, but my face did not even look oily! With my other foundation my face is like an oil slick and feels awful. Well this is a great find, so I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2005 12:22:00 PM More reviews by AzngloW411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT for dry skin. I used this stuff and it looked like a mask after while. But it seriously does stay put. Great for oiler complexions! But I def. won't repurchase though

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ohsosweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*This is my HG foundation! Man, I LOVE this stuff..it's better than any of the department store ones I've tried. I've never found the perfect foundation until now. My skin looks so flawless, yet natural. Caramel is the perfect shade for me. It has medium-full coverage, controls shine VERY well, stays PUT, doesn't clog my pores, and even has a hint of shimmer. It's easy to wash off with my C&C scrub, too. It makes my skin look so perfect. I rarely leave the house without it. I can't express how much I love this foundation. It's my HG forever!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 11:32:00 PM More reviews by trazille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nude was the perfect match indoors. but since it looked unnatural in daytime light, i mix it in with my shiseido fluid foundation. i find this process necessary or else i could not blend colorstay properly at all! i'd look extremely ghastly! but since i've been mixing the two (like 1/3 shiseido and 2/3 colorstay) and using a foundation brush, i look great. HG foundations combo give me a med-midwayfull coverage. (i still use concealer) can cake if too much though.

Oh, i've been using it for a week: NO BREAKOUTS! :) unlike colorstay natural.. ugh i did not like that one experience AT ALL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a luxurious foundation. It feels great and goes on smooth. I tried several of the shades. Unfortunately, none of them worked well for my complexion. Nothing comes close to my by beloved Iman CremeToPowder Foundation in Clay 6.