September 1, 2014 | 1877 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2005 7:32:00 PM More reviews by brunette94

First, I don't like the packaging: the bottle is not useful: too much foundation run from the bottle, so it is very difficult to have the quantity I want.Then, it is impossible to finish the bottle:Revlon should have put a spatula!
    The result is a little more covering I think but I must admit that the skin stay impeccable all the day long even without a powder!
    But I prefer a lighter foundation, so I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Liliana_18

this is my first time trying a revlon foundation and SO FAR I LOVE IT!
    -1st of all,im 16 and have very acne prone,combination skin
    -im using this in nude which is just a teeny tiny bit dark for me,but when i blend it well it works out and plus the
    lighter shade would be too light for me.
    -alot of people say this stuff is thick and cakey,which is what i thought too! but its NOT at all!! as long you cleanse
    and moisturize well its fine.
    -i love that it dries fast yet blends very well.it takes just a few min. for me to apply,unlike my covergirl clean
    makeup which was runny and took forever.
    -it IS very long lasting,but the other day at school it was like 90 degrees w/ no air condition,so i was sweating.it
    started to rub off,but not to the point where it was a hot mess.
    -this stuff seems to make my blush last longer-another plus ;)
    -the regular price is almost 15 bucks,but when its on sale the price is even more worth it
    -the packaging is pretty good and theres more than 1 oz in the bottle which is cool
    -it didnt make me as oily as i would be with my CG makeup.one powder touch up is all i need
    -as long as this doesnt break me out its my HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2005 6:39:00 PM More reviews by calisurfer688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a very mediocre foundation. Still too pink even though they were supposed to be some yellow based foundations. I can see how this can work for some girls, but for an asian like me, not really.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 4:48:00 PM More reviews by GORGEOUSCOURTNEY

Revlon Colorstay Foundation (note: NOT the newer version in the slightly taller, slimmer bottle) is FANTASTIC!!! It comes in a 1.25 fl oz. glass bottle that says REVLON COLORSTAY MAKEUP Fond De Teint OIL FREE. The newer version, I believe, is so similar that the two could easily be confused, but the newer version just doesn't wear the same (I think it's for those seeking less coverage). This original is readily available (cheapest, I find, at Ulta Cosmetic store for about $8) and is a must-have beauty item. Flawless skin is the single best thing to have on your side (after that I'd list eyebrows that frame your face well, and mascara, of course) so being able to purchase such an inexpensive foundation that wears ALL day long (even stays put if you cry, sweat, or get caught in the rain) AND that looks beautiful on the skin is unbeatable. This makeup has a vast range of shades and most have a great yellow undertone that makes for a natural finish (not too pink like most cheap foundations). If you cleanse your skin well with a face cleanser (not soap) and follow with a light moisturizer (like Olay or Suave face moisturizer) you can apply this foundation with a makeup sponge, patting it on, THEN blending lightly - and it'll give you a flawless, fabulous finish. Be sure to blend at the jawline and when finished dust with pressed powder so it will set (this makeup says right on the bottle that it "sets in 60 seconds", and it does, so once you apply you cannot go back and add more or touch it up without risking 'caking', so do it and dust it (to ensure even better wear) and go - you're good all day and all night and can sleep in it and wake up looking still 'done'! It's wear is all in the application, so follow these steps and you're sure to love it! Lastly, as with any foundation, match the color to your neck, not your facial skin, since you'll be covering you skin with it (and it has to match the neck once on - if your skin coloring was perfect, you wouldn't be buying foundation anyway, so the point is to cover it and match it to the rest of your skin!). I am 27 years old, I have combination skin with the occasional breakout (as well as mild to moderate rosacea, so redness is always a factor for me), if that helps round out my description of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My 40+ skin needs COVERAGE, is oily w/yellow undertones. I've tried everything and was stuck on MAC cuz of the color selection but this foundation is awsome. It stays put, does let some oil thru but not alot so I look natural which is good. I use Sand 04 for my C35 complexion and have not seem any more or less breakouts. MAC is too rich and does cause me acne but I still love the coverage so I put it on over this with a fluffy brush and a lite hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 9:17:00 AM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes, yes, and yes! I would buy this again. I struggled with foundations. I have tried so many I was getting tired and depressed. I wanted a foundation that gave me matte, medium-full coverage that would also control my oily skin. I have been using this for a while (NC35-40, Medium beige in winter, natural tan in summer). I strayed from it because I thought I could find better, what a mistake. I have come to the realization that this is the best foundation for me. The color match is ideal, the coverage is great, no breakouts, and although it does not completely block my oily skin (i don't look greasy now, just a little glowy) I love it. The price is right in my range too, which is perfect. This is HG, and I reserve that status only for tried and true products.
    Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by taracall10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got this foundation a couple days ago and so far I'm in love! It has great coverage and even stays on the full 16 hours it claims! It works great with my combination skin - leaves a nice matte finish and pretty much stays that way all day. I also bought the colorstay pressed powder to go along with it, and I love them both. My skin looks absolutely flawless! The colorstay line has a ton of colors to match every skintone. This is the best drugstore foundation I've ever bought! I would definitley recommend this foundation to anyone with acne-prone or combination skin! Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by coconut103

This is the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried!!! It is even a little better than my expensive HG department store stuff -- Estee Lauder Ideal Matte. I have oily skin, which frequently jumps to very dry and then back again. Whether its in an oily or dry phase, Colorstay looks great. Very good coverage, blendability, and natural looking shade choices (I picked "Nude" which is a PERFECT match for my skin.) It's decently priced at about $15 (you get alot of product though!), although the glass bottle is kind of a pain. So far, no breakouts yet... I'm very pleased!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by kellirc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, this really is unbelievable. I live in a place that is like a steam bath. You walk outside and immediately start sweating. So I did not believe this foundation would be any better than any other that I have used. I also have oily skin and use a pretty heavy duty moisturizer with spf(Neutrogena Healthy Defense.) Anyway, I put this on after my usual moisturizer, then my loose powder. I went to the park and walked in 100% humidity and probably 90 degree heat. Came home and couldn't believe that not only is my makeup still on, but my face did not even look oily! With my other foundation my face is like an oil slick and feels awful. Well this is a great find, so I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2005 12:22:00 PM More reviews by AzngloW411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT for dry skin. I used this stuff and it looked like a mask after while. But it seriously does stay put. Great for oiler complexions! But I def. won't repurchase though