Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 1/12/2006 4:43:00 PM

OK.
So I tried the cleansing regiment and figured "this will make my skin better."
No sooner had I applied a fresh coat on my face when, but a few hours later, I broke out.
I returned my Colourstay to the store today where the cosmetician told me that she uses it as her airbrush paint because it's a b*tch to get off.
Needless to say, I won't be purchasing that again.
I love the coverage, but for my sensitive skin, it ain't no good.

on 1/12/2006 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

always ends up being the one foundation i come back to, despite the fact that it's a little too dark with my skin. wears like iron (except for where my glasses sit, a problem easily fixed with a little strategically placed hair gel). covers acne, but doesn't seem to cause any more blemishes than when i go without makeup completely. i dread trying this new stuff with softflex. only knocked off one star, due to its not coming in shades for the extremely pale.

on 1/11/2006 12:37:00 AM

A few years back, I used this to cover up a black tattoo for a photoshoot, so when I wanted a good-coverage foundation, naturally I remembered colorstay.
I've been using it occasionally for a few weeks, probably about 3-4 times since I bought it, but realised that over the last few days, I've been breaking out like a teenager.
I deliberated straying from colorstay, however, the thought of parting with such an inexpensive, full-coverage foundation disheartened me.
Perhaps I wasn't fully removing the product from my visage, hence the breakouts.
I called my friend Shannon and discussed the problem with her. I, then, came on MUA and did some research.
So now I feel like an idiot - a dirty and somewhat un-hygenic one at that, for not recognising that 'colorstay' means that thte colour will stay on until properly removed.
So, tomorrow, I will purchase some heavy-duty cleansing cloths and hope that my face loses its pizza-like appearance.
The product is fantastic and I tend to concur with the others about the crappola packaging, however, as suggested by one reviewer, using what's in the cap is far more logical than dipping your finger in, and, if you try to tip it over against your finger, it may spill out the sides (not like it..umm..happened to me).
The product's coverage is fab and it's fairly inexpensive.
I'm hearing rumours of discontinuation, so, provided my zits go away with my new cleansing regimen, I'm heading out to Shopper's to stock up.
I hope that this helps.

on 1/10/2006 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have had my bottle of Nude for months now and stashed it away in favor of Maybelline Wonder Finish and the new Cover Girl Radiance compact. I pulled my lonely pump bottle out after seeing so much talk about it being discontinued and am back to using this fabulous foundation. I forgot how well it stayed on and how fresh I look HOURS later! Great matte coverage! I did go and stock up at Walgreen's as it is marked down to 6.00 and change! Sorry to see this one go!

on 1/8/2006 1:47:00 AM

I love Revlon CS...but not anymore. The first time was the only time I ever looked and felt 'completely flawless'. Now, I look like some ghastly ancient pastel painting! CS gives an unnaturally matte appearance and its very cakey - you can literally see all your flakes and pores. Mind you this is after several months worth of daily trials, until I just gave up and moved on to something far better. Definitely will not repurcahse again.

on 1/1/2006 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Colorstay really does STAY on all day without budging. I was impressed by how flawless my skin looked after applying this but unfortunately it caused me to breakout. Colorstay is extremely hard to remove using my regular cleansers. I spilled a bit on my bathroom counter and the only thing that removed it after it dried was acetone. I don't want to think what it is doing to my skin! The packaging is horrible. It makes a huge mess and is impossible to get the right amount of product on my fingertips. Although I like the coverage and staying power I feel Colorstay is to damaging to my skin to continue using it. Will not repurchase.

on 12/29/2005 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had this foundation for two days and the first day it worked great!!, then the second day it felt like a mask although i only put five dots of it on my face!! ..I guess I'll have to keep on looking for my ideal foundation 'cause this one aint it!!nope!!---------------------->>the shade i got was 07 true beige and it was a really good match!!

on 12/25/2005 3:18:00 PM

I have very acne-prone, red skin with old acne scars on my cheeks. Before, I would either cover the scars with concealer or I would use True Blend foundation (which did absolutely nothing, by the way). I bought Colorstay on a whim and for the most part I love it! It evens out my skintone (no more redness!), covers my acne scars (with a little help from the Colorstay concealer), and gives me a bright glow. However, it is pretty thick (I think I'm going to hurry up and buy the Stay Natural next!). I also HATE the packaging: my bottle looks like a complete mess! Pretty expensive for a drugstore brand; I think it's $12 regularly priced at CVS. I am definitely running out to the stores to snatch this stuff up before it's off the shelves for good.

on 12/23/2005 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off, let me start off by saying that i absolutely adore revlon colosrstay stay natural. This one is quite a bit thicker and not as good. It can provide great coverage but it's rather thick so sometimes the face looks a bit chalky. The finish is slightly too matte for my taste. It does tend to make your complexion look *perfect* ie. no uneven tones etc but it sompromises a bit on naturalness. A plus is that the foundation stays on all day without wearing off. However it gives off a slightly chemical smell (maybe it's just me) and I hate open mouth bottles because they become all drippy.

on 12/18/2005 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

If Revlon discontinues this, I think I'm going to cry! It's one of the best, and last, ultra-matte stay-put foundations left on the market that I can rely on to cover my acne scars and look pretty much matte for most of the day. It's VERY thick, of course, and tends to look kinda chalky if I apply it wrong, but if I take the time to apply it, it can look pretty stunning! In terms of the shades, try to choose a shade that's only a TAD bit lighter than your skintone since it looks like a mud mask if you're wearing a shade that's too dark for your skintone. I found Buff and Sand Beige to be the only "neutralish" shades that work for me...the rest of the light shades look too pink or peachy! I seriously hope that Revlon doesn't discontinue this, but I would like to see newer, more neutral, shades.