November 27, 2014 | 1397 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Average. The formula is nice, but here is my main criticism and the thing that botches the whole experience: The brush has no real bristles at the tip and last 1/4 inch of the brush, and so if you try to sculpt and play with your lashes with the end, as one tends to do, it gets all wonked out. My more difficult eye was nearly impossible to get right; when you play around and try to perfect and separate with the wand, the mascara gets wiped onto your lashes and all globbed up-- I had to use my lash comb which I don't like to do. Weird design, disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lash Blast sucks! I searched all over, finally found it, wore it today. The Very Black is a nice dark shade, but that's the only good thing. It didn't do much at all for my lashes (even afte 3 coats), and at the FIRST drop of moisture around my eyes (was lightly raining today), it ran straight down my cheek. I've tried all kinds of mascara from low to high end in search of the perfect thickening mascara, and I'll still be searching.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome mascara! I normally don't care for CG mascara's but they did a great job with this one. Really does thicken and makes my lashes long and lush. And it holds the curl very well. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by DamnableTreetop

I was so disappointed in this product. It's not that it's dreadful. It's a perfectly respectable, average mascara for me. It makes my lashes darker and a little longer. That's it. I am sticking with Sky-High Curves, which gives me great length, thickness, and curl.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is ok. It's not the best thing ever. It makes my lashes very long but does not thicken at all. It gave me very long, skinny lashes. I like volume. I am going to stick with Diorshow which is the best mascara I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Kissmeimabeanr

i agree with one of the girls that commented it works great alone but if you wear it over ur fave mascara omg false eyelashes my mom was like wow ur eyelashes are pretty are they the individuals ?? lol i was like no their mine lol but i def would repurches def top three next to ysl Faux cils, and voluminous carbon black either way when paired with either are very dramatic

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara yesterday because I read some pretty good reviews here about Lash Blast.

I tried it last night and it was allright. I like Maybelline XXL and NYX Doll Eyes way better though.

I took a lippie off because the mascara required combing/picking through after applying more than one coat, and another off because the brush was too fat (although this is a selling feature for most it isn't for my almond, asian eyes).

The effect afterwards was nice though, my lashes were defined, looked natural, and loooong!

I think I'll stick with my other mascaras though as they are less work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by kristinashleyfryman

Generally, I am one to experiment quite frequently with cosmetic products. I fear that this experiemental side of me come from my mother, who also tries every mascara that hits the shelf. Among the two of us we swap comments on whatever product we are trying at the time. I just bought the covergirl lashblast yesterday at CVS. I took it home in anticipation to try it the next morning. I have tried both the lashexact and volumeexact products from covergirl and covet them both for their ability to make my lashes look outstanding. While getting ready for work this morning I unveiled the fat orange tube feeling like a kid on christmas I tried it out. The results suprassed my expectations! I love the product for what it has done to my eyelashes. I would reccomend this product to anyone to use and I myself will use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I'm not a big mascara person, and only wear it from time to time. I am also underwhelmed by every mascara I have ever tried (but this isn't saying much, since I haven't tried many). I recently bought some false lashes from MAC and loved the dramatic look. After wearing the falsies, I realized that my long yet skinny, wimpy Eurasian mutt lashes were looking sad and in need of a big boost. There have been so many incredible reviews for Lash Blast that I decided to buy it...

My goodness, this stuff is great! It defines and lengthens lashes I didn't even know I had. The formula doesn't clump too much, which is very nice. I just keep running the brush along my lashes and the clumps disappear. No flaking either, and my lashes feel nice and soft, not crunchy. I got this in very black and love the dramatic effect. With two coats, I look like I'm wearing falsies...amazing! And my lashes look fat (and phat) with this stuff...probably too dramatic for day, but I have worn it once or twice during the day on that rare occasion when I decided to apply mascara before dark.

Unlike other reviewers, I really like the brush. I have huge eyes and love the large rubber wand. I get better coverage with this brush. So maybe the brush is designed for those of us with big ol' eyes...The bright orange tube is fun too. I don't know about throwing this into an evening bag, though...

UPDATE: What I have noticed about the brush is that it is impossible to use the tip to coat your lower lashes, which irks me. So I have to use the full side of the brush which is a pita. And for some reason, the lashes at my outer corners are so difficult to get with this fat brush. I'm starting to get used to it though...

I have tried a lot of other mascaras in recent months, both DS and HE, and I have to say that LB is a big winner in my book! I would definitely buy this again, without question!

Six months after first trying this, I can honestly say that I love this stuff! Even the big, fat brush is okay with me...I hope this is never discontinued!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by exoticarab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok so after reading all the raving reviews, I went to my local CVS and bought it. At first I was hesitant because any time ive tried the 'new anti-clump brushes' I never found them dramatic enough. So, when I pulled the brush out of the tube and saw how plump the brush was, I got excited. WELL...it did deliver. It created longer thicker lashes, but not glamourous enough for me. I felt that the solution came out thin on my lashes and I needed to put on many coats to receive the effect I wanted. Overall, this is a good mascara, but Im sticking to my all time favorite- max factor dramatic effect 2000