July 26, 2014 | 1088 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Clouded00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

though l'oreal voluminous is an HG, i pretty much had to try this. i found it at cvs. the definition is AWESOME. no stuck-together lashes or clumps. it can look very natural, or you can use lots of coats to make it look dramatic. it held a curl all day and didn't smudge at all. i'm giving it 4 out of 5 starts jut because it's not absolutely perfect. if it did a little more lengthening, then it would be. it is also a bit pricey - $8.50
update: this is now my hg mascara, i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay I had originally wrote a bad review for this product. It seemed at first it was very typical d/s mascara- provided no volume or length. Over a few days the formula seemed to thicken up and now I love it. Its not my favorite drugstore mascara but its really nice. I find it separates lashes very well, feels very light weight, and gives nice length. I notice no real thickness/volumizing unless I layer a few coats. I am over all happy with this purchase and I think it is worth trying and playing around for. I do like it better then covergirl's lash exact. I have not tried volume exact to compare though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

would I buy this mascara again? Heck yes!! I am a HUGE mascara snob and usually only buy YSL/Lancome/Dior mascaras... this one actually compares. And trust me.. i hate the brushes with the plastic bristles... they usually do nothing for my lashes. But I love this mascara.. yes, its raved about and like usual there may be a huge rave and then a die down, but its one that I truly feel deserves the rave! Makes my lashes huge

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Surf2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a terrific mascara! Thanks to everyone who has posted their reviews! Like everyone else, after hearing about all the hype this mascara has received, I was intrigued to try it out myself. I went to my local CVS and bought it in black for $8.50 not including tax. It takes a lot in a mascara to please me because I'm such a mascara junkie and tried tons of them out there. My lashes are long but thin and I applied 3 coats to them. The first coat was a nice, glossy natural layer. The second coat va-va-voomed them up a bit but still didn't look clumpy. The third was just amazing! It was still glossy and dramtic but also every lash was defined nicely. It also held a curl well compared to some of the other ones out there. The only drawback was at the end of the tube, a clump of mascara came out on the end of the wand. It's the best mascara and worth every penny!! My lashes did not look crunchy either!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I, too, shall add my two cents. Being a mascara junkie I spotted this is a magazine a month or so ago and thought "hm, I might try that". Then the makeup board went Lash Blast CRAZY for about 3 days. I found it, bought it, and like it. Not totally in love, BUT I've only tried it once. I am fortunate enough to have long lashes so I aim for volume. This did not let me down. It wasn't magical, but pretty good for volumizing. I'll have to try it on top of my Shiseido Lash Base to see what it can REALLY do. I'll update after I use it a week or so. EDIT: after first full day of wearing it, I still like it and think it's a nice volumizing mascara. Nothing special. However, at the end of the day when you go to take it off....(please remember I apply probably 3 coats or so) it takes FOREVER. Seems like you keep wiping it away and keep wiping...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I think this is a great drugstore mascara! From the reviews I've read it doesn't seem to work for everyone, but it's fantastic mascara for my lashes. Just enough volume and great length without clumping or flaking. I like the oversized wand seems to help me coat from root to tip without overdoing it with too many coats. I can get by with 2 coats and get great results! The oversized packaging is really nice I can reach in the bottom of my traincase without even looking to snatch this one up. Way to go CG great formula will repurchase for sure! Pic in Profile

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I may have found my new hg mascara. This stuff created the same effect that I get from a combination Estee Lauder primer and Clinique mascara...at a much cheaper price! I got it for around $7 at Walmart. It really pumped up the volume and length of my lashes! On my first day of wearing it, my coworker came into my office raving about my makeup. It struck me funny because one, she has seen me in makeup before, and two, this was the only thing I was wearing! She loved how it looked on me! Thumbs up for the brush and formula because I didn't experience any problems w/ clumping or flaking. The size of the brush was a bit intimidating on first sight, but I would assume that's part of the secret to the mega-pumped-up effect it gives! I have to say, Covergirl has outdone themselves in the mascara dept!!
Before Lash Blast:

After Lash Blast:

Sorry for the cameraphone quality photos, buy you get the idea, haha! continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The tube and brush are reallllly awkward IMO...i couldnt get this to reach all of my lashes. its just your averege thickening mascara...I wouldnt puchase again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loving mascara is what brought me to Makeup Alley. And I am on a mission to try every mascara I can get my hands on. So I've tried a LOT of mascaras. That said, Lash Blast is NOT the best mascara out there. But it really is an excellent one. The best thing about it is its lasting power. I was a bad girl and I didn't wash my face last night. I had not one smudge or flake on my face when I woke up and my lashes still looked great. It also seems to hold a curl all day nicely. I got Lash Blast in the color "Very Black" and the name suits the color well. It is buildable, from day time natural to night time drama. It thickens up my longish wispy thin lashes a lot. For length, eh not much. But the finish is nice, no spider legs or bumpy twigs. It goes on smooth and lashes looks naturally dark and lush. I do think it may be the best drugstore mascara (that I've tried anyway). But I still love Lancome Hypnose as my ultimate Holy Grail. But I would absolutely repurchase it. And I'm very happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by luckyredlisa

I really don't see what the big deal is. This is a perfectly serviceable mascara, nothing more, nothing less. I've been endlessly trying different mascaras for over a year, and not your usual "trying a new brand when I run out" kind of thing- I have 5 or 6 tubes going at a time, plus I've actually been using the GWP tubes I get. So I've tried a ton, you get the idea. It is a silly obsession. LOL

This is just meh. I must wonder what ppl were using prior to LashBlast that makes it look so amazing in comparison. I find it quite similar to the other mascaras with rubber brushes, as well as the reviled Great Lash.

Reading some of the other reviews, I must laugh- "new technology" "blackest on the market" etc etc. I'm sorry, I suspect ppl are being paid to write these reviews. It was striking in my side-by-sides how NOT BLACK this was.

I did a side-by-side today against my HG YSL Faux Cils, both over my new HG product- Shiseido Mascara Base. There is no comarison. The Blast side had lost its curl before I even left the house! It is also less black, and provides far far less volume and length.

Day Two, just to be sure, testing is LB on one eye and Great Lash on the other, this time neither with primer. They go on almost the same, and as the day has gone on, they continue to look almost identical- unlike yesterday where the difference b/n LB and Faux Cils was so great I looked a bit wonky! Neither LB nor Great Lash is holding curl, providing length or volume. Just meh. Both have a wet formula that goes on without clumping.

Day 3: Compared to YSL again, this time no primer. Still looks the same- average.

This really is just another average d/s mascara. If you want natural lashes, this will do the job. But so will tons of other readily available products. But this claims to do more, and it really doesn't. So, please, do not scour the earth searching for this. There's no need to beg on the boards for a CP or post "reviews" asking where to buy it. It just ain't all that. continued >>

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No