December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by alkispice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally found this in Fred Meyer after calling Walgreens and Target for weeks with no results. It was very difficult to find, as it wasn't in the Cover Girl aisle, but on another shelf, (not even an end shelf where they carry 'new' items), along the bottom next to some Bonne Bell stuff. Strange... Anyway, it's packaged in a fat bright orange tube with a flat, lipstick like tip and retailed at FM for $8.49 plus tax.

When I got home I immediately washed, moisturized, and applied all other makeup to my face. After lining, I applied the Lash Blast in Very Black to my top lashes without previously curling or applying lash primer. First thing I noticed is the brush isn't huge like I thought it would be. I read some reviews that compared it to Bad Gal or Dior Show, but it's not a large brush at all. It's FAT. About a centimeter in diameter not including the bristles. Like a 2-inch barrel curling iron comparing to a 1 inch, that's the difference between this and lash exact brush-wise. There are definitely differences in the bristles and/or formula as well, as the Lash Blast did a much better job with volume.

The color was very nice and dark, and I achieved a lot of volume quickly, but I did get a few clumps that had to be brushed out. I think it may have just had too much mascara on the wand for the first coat. I never dipped it back into the tube for my second eye and it went on much better, with no clumps at all. My lashes came out nicely defined, long, fanned out and voluminous with a definite curl to them that wasn't there before. I will probably give this product a five after using it several more times, I just need to figure out the kinks (using the fat brush on my small eyes, figuring out the right amount of mascara to leave on the brush). In the end, my eyes look very hot with little effort and I'm happy I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by coloryouclingto

Things this mascara did nicely:
1) extended my lash length
2) did not clump

Things it did poorly:
1) got mascara dust under my eyes as the day wore on (WHICH I HATE)
2) HORRIBLE packaging. the wand is too long, it doesn't taper off at the end, the part you hold onto is shaped in a strange way and isn't big/long enough to get a good hold of

I would buy it again because I like the gel-like quality of it, but honestly, CG lash exact was pretty much the same. It does do a better job of NOT CLUMPING than any other mascara I've tried so that is why I gave it 4 lippies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by etooz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, this product has caused quite a stir-- the day before I went looking for it, there were only three or four reviews, and they were all positive. Anyway...

I went to six CVS stores looking for this stuff. I finally found it, and bought it in black without a second thought. Well, I was skeptical. However, when I tried it on, I was really surprised. I wouldn't say I have huge, thick lashes to begin with-- but they're no peach fuzz, either. I really like to have insane lashes, though. I usually curl and put several different kinds of mascara on with different brushes until I have the look I want. Obviously, I don't want clumps of lashes.

I only put Lash Blast on one eye first, to see what it looked like. What a difference! This gave me length, LOTS of volume and did a decent job of holding my curl. I went and asked my boyfriend-- he said there was a big difference, too. I did not get raccoon eyes after wearing this all day. Overall, I am very, very pleased with the formula, in fact, I may just keep using this and stop looking for a better mascara. So, why didn't I give this five stars? Well, keep going...

The packaging is a little clumsy. Aside from the fact there are virtually no bristles on the tip of the brush itself (which can make it hard to get my inner, smaller lashes), the top of the wand, where the cap screws in is very hard for me to navigate. I find I have to hinge my fingers around the bottom of the orange part (the widest part of the cap), because the incline on the cap is so steep that the wand may slip out of my hand. I understand the reservoir for the brush must be large, but making the handle for the brush so strangely shaped is downright annoying. I don't think they'll fix the packaging, though, so I'll live with it. This mascara might not be the best for people with wispy, light eyelashes, it seems like the brush was intended for people who start with more as a base. I'll definitely keep using it. ETA: Does not hold a curl. :\

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by trishh621

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am upset! I wish I had this mascara for my 20th reunion for highschool two weeks ago! If only! I would have stood out! Well, this mascara is very noticeable when you walk into CVS. It is probably not found yet in the area of the CoverGirl aisle, but rather on a display area. So, look around for it. I have only found it at CVS. I bought three of them....two for my kids and one for me. I did not tell my 14 year old all the hype about it. And when she came home today from schoo..she said many kids from her school commented on her eyes/mascara. When I used it yesterday and this morning.....it has this unique eye opening look after you put it on! I look forward to wearing it tomorrow! Definately a keeper....Go Orangey!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading raves about this I HAD to try it! (since mascara/foundations are my achille's heel)

What I don't care for is the BIG FAT tube since it is bulkier to store. I also don't care for the BIG FAT brush, but everyone elses seems to like it. I find it harder to get on my lashes verses the thin brushes, yet I understand that is the point of this mascara, BIG/FAT. The last thing is that I think the price of this mascara is getting up there at $8 something a tube.

What I do like is the dark pigment, it gives volume and lengthen the first time around, but still not as dramatic as I thought it would be.

The brush on this one is the biggest compared to the earlier two, lash exact and volume lash exact. Compared to the other two it does seem to *fan* out the lashes more. When I used my Lancome Cils Booster that is when I saw the best look!

All in all it isn't that I would not buy again at some point, maybe, but since I need to choose a Yes or No answer, I will say, No.

***Edited****
After using CG Lash Exact this morning, I instantly saw the difference Lash Blast makes! I will be repurchaing Lash Blast!! I changed the rating to a 4 from a 3.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Average. The formula is nice, but here is my main criticism and the thing that botches the whole experience: The brush has no real bristles at the tip and last 1/4 inch of the brush, and so if you try to sculpt and play with your lashes with the end, as one tends to do, it gets all wonked out. My more difficult eye was nearly impossible to get right; when you play around and try to perfect and separate with the wand, the mascara gets wiped onto your lashes and all globbed up-- I had to use my lash comb which I don't like to do. Weird design, disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lash Blast sucks! I searched all over, finally found it, wore it today. The Very Black is a nice dark shade, but that's the only good thing. It didn't do much at all for my lashes (even afte 3 coats), and at the FIRST drop of moisture around my eyes (was lightly raining today), it ran straight down my cheek. I've tried all kinds of mascara from low to high end in search of the perfect thickening mascara, and I'll still be searching.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome mascara! I normally don't care for CG mascara's but they did a great job with this one. Really does thicken and makes my lashes long and lush. And it holds the curl very well. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by DamnableTreetop

I was so disappointed in this product. It's not that it's dreadful. It's a perfectly respectable, average mascara for me. It makes my lashes darker and a little longer. That's it. I am sticking with Sky-High Curves, which gives me great length, thickness, and curl.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is ok. It's not the best thing ever. It makes my lashes very long but does not thicken at all. It gave me very long, skinny lashes. I like volume. I am going to stick with Diorshow which is the best mascara I've ever used.