April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by cherylt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off: I love L'oreal Voluminous wp...while not quite HG, I've always like the volume it provides relatively inexpensively, as I NEVER spend ridiculous amounts on department store mascara and only use DS mascaras. I don't feel the department store mascaras provide enough bang for the buck (big bucks, especially for a product you're supposed to throw away every couple of months, for safety reasons). I'm trying to "wean off" the WP (bad for lashes long-term) so I've been trying non-wp formulations with little success. HATED Voluminous: took forever to dry & left black flecks on my lids and needed to repeatedly comb through it to drag out the clumps. Forget Great Lash: always was junk, will forever be junk...still gross after all these years. Initially liked Maybelline F&S, but it turned to clumpy garbage in a week & I tossed it: ridiculously short-lived re: quality. Tried CG Lash Exact & while I loved the brush, the formulation was kind of "eh": no significant volume or lengthening for my short sparse ligh-brown lashes. THEN, I read about Lash Blast here & it seemed like a good bet: same kind of rubber brush as LE, but with volume, and people seem to love it. Why not? Picked it up for $8.49 at CVS (then used a $1 coupon), not the cheapest I've ever used but certainly reasonable. Used it this morning and LOVE IT: Love the brush, love the 1-coat coverage, love the volume, and I didn't use a lash comb for the 1st time in years. No wet and clumpy spider-lashes, has a nice gloss to it and added some length. My lashes are nicely defined and appear thicker and longer, in a reasonably dramatic (not theatrical or clownish) way. I wear contacts & have sensitive eyes so we'll see how they feel by the end of the day but so far no watering, flaking, etc...like a few other reviewers mentioned, and I've had it on since 4:30 a.m. I don't really care one way or the other about the giant orange tube, as long as the brush is easily wieldable (and it is). Hey, it will never get lost in my makeup case, right?! ;) This is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Landscape_babe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love mascara and this is the best one I have come across in a long time. It makes my lashes look like false eyelashes.Great for a dramatic look It can also work for daytime . I purchased at CVS for * dollars.Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by amyleegal

Back to a positive note- I love this mascara! My last mascara purchase was the new Lancome - Courbe Virtuose, and while I like it okay, I really really love this new Lash Blast. The Courbe Virtuose was over $20 (if I bought it in the store, instead of ebay that is!) and while it didn't flake or clump it didn't really make my lashes pop, but Lash Blast does. It doesn't flake or clump and makes my lashes look lush, long and plump, which up until now I thought was totally impossible! I found mine at Kroger- could not find it at my local target, but did see it at CVS, so good luck with finding it, as it has been quite the hunt to find the best deal on it! For me this is the best mascara that Cover Girl has released yet, and possibly my favorite drug-store mascara as well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

About the only thing this mascara has going for it (IMO) is it is a good formula and doesn't flake or smudge, or clump (why it is getting 2 lippies)... BUT w/ that in mind, it is a wet formula. Otherwise, it was nothing special.... I found it to be very similar to Volume Exact and Lash Exact... My lashes must not be a good match for these rubbery brushes because they really don't do anything spectacular for me (I **need** volume/thickness, not length or definition)... I get better results w/ Great Lash & that is much cheaper and often goes on sale for even cheaper than cheap (on that note, i'm a Great Lash lover... I understand WHY it gets the raves it does). That's my 2 cents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I know many people think drugstore mascaras are just as good as high-end, but I rarely agree. I do see a difference and I'd rather shell out the extra $$$ for YSL, for instance. However, Lash Blast totally blew my mind. Oh good Goddess, this stuff is amazing. Goes on easy, makes my lashes look both fluttery and thick. And it's cheap! Well, not for Cover Girl, in my opinion, but for a great mascara, it is. I wear it over Shiseido Mascara Base and get a full day of thick, gorgeous lashes. What a very nice surprise. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lizc131

I love my Max Factor Volume Couture Mascara, but this one with the big brush and display just tempted me to try...the result...yuck. It did provide some length, but my lashes looked thin, maybe I'm just used to the full, thick, long lashes I get with Volume Couture, anyway, I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only worn this for one day, but I like this mascara better than any others I've tried before..so far. I used three quick coats; my lashes are nicely thickened yet reasonably natural-looking. This mascara also made my lashes appear much longer by darkening the entire length of each strand of eyelash. I credit the chubby brush; usually I have trouble getting at every eyelash with traditional mascara wands and end up getting at least one speck of mascara somewhere on my eyelid. Not with this product. I guess the brush that others find so awkward is better for me! My lashes also feel noticeably softer than they have felt with any other mascara I've tried. No flaking or rubbing off after fourteen hours. My previous favorite was Definicils, but I'm hoping this takes its place as a new (and cheaper) option!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by LizzieBit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so like many - yes, I bought this only because of all the reviews/talk on the boards here on MUA. I have to say I am a die hard lash comb user and I thought this mascara would pass the test if I can apply 2 coats without having to use the last comb...to my surprise it passed! It wasn't as perfect as I would normally have gotten it, but certainly no clumps.

I have mixed feeling on the packaging itself. I love the fact that it's huge and should last longer than most mascaras I own, however since the tube is bigger than most mascaras I own I'm finding it a little awkward...I'm sure I will get used to this though.

Oh! Also, it did seem to take slightly longer to dry then I'm used to.

Good for you CG! You made a great quality product at an affordable price! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this mascara! I am usually a mascara snob and buy only lancome or chanel. But after reading the raves for this mascara I had to try it, at my Target it was only about 8 dollars. Now I am lucky, because my lashes are already uber long, but it added a lot of volume and fullness, which I loved. Definitely a great cheap buy, go covergirl!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by macieczni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm totally bummed! after reading all the fab reviews i went out and bought some to try myself. i have very blonde lashes , so i need all the help i can get. after i few coats i wasn't sold- did'nt really do anything for me : (