October 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Mexipina

I am absolutely in love with this foundation! I use it on myself and it covers all my blemishes and broken capillaries completely, stays on all day and has a nice finish. At my best friend's wedding, the makeup artist didn't show up,(terrible, I know) so she turned to me to do her makeup. I used this on her... it made her skin look flawless, stayed on all night, and needless to say, she loved it! I also turned my aunt on to this; she has flaky, very sensitive rosacea skin, and when she has this on, you would never guess that she has a pretty bad case of rosacea. I think there is a also a pretty good color selection, and although it's pricey for a drugstore product, it's worth every penny imho. My only gripe is the packaging...a heavy glass bottle with no pump or anything. I pray Revlon never discontinues this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is a great drugstore buy! I have dry, sensitive, very fair, mature skin with dark spots and red capillaries. I use the lightest color, Ivory, and it blends well and has medium to full coverage. I use Olay Sensitive skin SPF 30 moisturizer underneath this foundation, and that helps the foundation spread on evenly and smoothly. I'm very pleased with the staying power of this foundation, even after blowing my nose, my upper lip still has foundation on it. Since I have mature and dry skin, I only put a thin layer around the lines on my eyes. I recommend using a foundation brush to apply (any) foundation. I use a MAC foundation brush #190 and it works great. The color holds true all day long with no color changes. I wish the glass bottle would change to plastic.
    UPDATE: I'm going back to using PC fdtn because this Revlon CS goes on a little too thick for me and doesn't let my skin breathe. I do love the full coverage, but it's too masklike.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2005 4:21:00 AM More reviews by tenderoni

i bought this when i went out of town and i forgot my regular foundation at home so i was in a pinch. the local drugstore had a limited selection. this caused me to breakout. i don't know why, but i didnt toss it. i stuffed it in my drawer 2 months ago. when i cleaned out my makeup collection, i came across this and black sediment settled to the bottom. i know from previous experience that no shaking/mixing would get rid of that black crud. another minus? - heavy glass bottle. definetly not a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2005 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Kayli

i have super-oily acne-prone skin so i tend to need a good coverage--colorstay does exactly that. i went on a foundation hiatus to join the mineral makeup bandwagon but they're really inconvenient for touch-ups and applications in general...*sigh*...back to liquid foundation. i've been using the stay natural for a while now but i had to stop because of the yucky glitter and oil...but aftr comparing, i'm undecided. colorstay fared much better on the brown paper test though. i miss stay natural because the color buff matched my skin so match. and it made my skin glow so no need for blush. i've had so many compliments on it. i wish the color buff were the same on both but they're not. colorstay is kind of lighter than stay natural but within similar range. also, stay natural is easier to blend but the finish is a natural sheen (not so great for oily skin like myself) but i it gave my skin some dimension so my big round face didn't look so plain and gave off this glow so i didn't need blush at all. should i just forget the glitter and mineral oil? colorstay is harder to blend but i like the matte finish, it's good for my greasy-oily skin...but it makes my skin look flat and my round face have less contours. descisions, DESCISION! what to do? they're suppose to be differing coverage (colorstay is heavier) but both seem to have the same medium coverage--i need moreee!!! *ahem* anyways. i don't mind the packaging at all. and i actually like the fact that it's quick-drying. all i have to do is 1) spread on my acne areas and scarrings with my fingers 2) wait to dry then press lightly with fingers to even out...best of all--NO POWDER!!! and if you made mistake, don't worry...i read these reviews and they make clumping sound like death. "blending it really fast otherwise you cannot go back"...haha, just take a wet wipe people. i want a heavier coverage than this but since most drugstore formula tend to have more pink undertones, i'll have to go high-end for that. i know this is more expensive than most drugstore foundation but it's worth it. colorstay and stay natural is very good. it's very good for its price = would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2005 1:53:00 AM More reviews by THATSHOT1726

Colorstay is what I use day to day. I've had so many compliments on how smooth and natural my skin looks. The best part about this foundation is the fact that it obviously stays on a long time so that nights you want to go out with friends say you get ready at 6 you can come home at 3 am and still look flawless with out it rubbing off at all. The only downfall with all=day wear makeup is that you have to learn to blend in the makeup before it dries. It took me a while to be able to blend it in so there were no uneven areas but eventually you get the hang of it. Just make sure your face is moisturized because, the dryer areas of your skin will tend to look darker. Overall i like this product alot I haven't tried all there is out there but for now this is pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pitbullfriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this because I have oily skin and I was looking to try a new foundation that would stay on my face and have a matte finish. I have used L'oreal Mattique foundation for years and although I love that foundation I wanted to try something new. Big mistake. This stuff is just plain gross.

First of all, it smells like paint. As in, the stuff you put on your walls. Nasty. I don't need it to smell like flowers or anything but this is not a pleasant smell.

Second, it has the consistency of paint. It doesn't blend well and dries in about 1 second. So it's like the mad rush to blend it.

Third, the color on your face is completely different than in the bottle. Way too orange.

Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 9:50:00 AM More reviews by sunnysan

I love this! I have it in natural beige, which is my exact skintone. It definitely covers my blemishes and scars and has a nice, flawless finish. i'm not sure if this is my HG because for some reason, the bottle i bought doesn't come with a pump. it can be a bit messy to apply and i'm not very fond of the smell. it's very cheap though so needless to say, i would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by moniquelee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my favorte foundation so far.I have a peachy skintone and i really want to get rid of the "natural blush'' .I need a foundation which has a full coverage.I spent a lot of money on foundations ,Finally,I found the Coloystay in Walgreens.At first,I bought one in"nude".It's seems too darker on my skin.but it works good on my skin.it didn't clog my pore and it had a good coverage.!!I really like the coverage !Now i have another one in"buff".For me,This color is much better .but i don't like the yellow-undertone.actually,i cannot find a color that perfect matches my skintone.i hope the revlon company can give us more choices on color.But this foundation is really good and it last long!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CYNcat

This is a great foundation. It stays the entire day, gives medium coverage. Looks natural, it doesn't settle into lines/pores. Mattifies. With a powder on it (I lightly dust L'oreal true match with a brush) I never have to blot, I'm not normally super oily, just T-zone and most foundations I've used in the past just accentuate the shine. This just works. To top it all off it's light and I never notice it. It's not perfect. The packaging, eh...and I hate how my face tends to look white in photos. I try to stray, but I always come back to this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by libby99

I don't know what happened with me and this product. We started off well enough. I liked the color, it seemed like a decent foundation, if a bit hard to blend. After several weeks of wearing this I would look in the mirror during the day and notice splotches of foundation on my cheeks or forehead. A couple of times I had a makeup line. Did this foundation change color? Did I? I don't know. In any event, this became impossible to blend. It dried the second it touched my skin and then separated during the day. I finally tossed it. I might have gotten a bad batch, I don't know, but I will not repurchase this.