Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

This is a heavy, high coverage foundation, just what I like! It covers acne scars and matches my skin perfectly in sand beige. Stays on all day. Does not rub off. I use it as a concealer and on my T-zone. I do not cover my whole face. As it tends to give me blackheads, I use it only on special occasions.

on 2/4/2006 6:45:00 PM

Ughh.. the worst foundation I've ever used. Felt like glue going on and smelled horrible! My face felt caked down with makeup all day.

on 2/1/2006 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I will use. Matches my skin perfectly (buff) and covers acne scars without looking too heavy. It lasts all day for hiking, biking, etc. It does stain though. Oh, and I would prefer a pump. It seems unhygeinic to me to turn the bottle to my finger.

on 1/29/2006 8:32:00 PM

Revlon has won my trust back. After writing my review about Colorstay Natural, I was so dissapointed. I told you guys I was going to try this kind because one of the members I was chatting with on the boards told me to go with this kind(I cant remember who you are, but thanks so much:)). I am so happy! I feel like crying:)lol. But yeah anyways, the makeup goes on shiny and oily, but after like 1 minute it dries up and becomes flawless. I have gotten a few compliments lately because my friends are looking at my face thinking "is that really you?":) I have acne scars and it covers them to perfection. This is totally my HG for now. I may be able to find better, but I will be sticking to this for a while. I also got a compliment because with Bonne Bell Glimmer Bronzer, It really makes my face look "oh so adorable":)lol, but read Feb. issue of Seventeen and it shows different glimmer looks different skin tones should pull off and I went for the bronze skin...I loved the way she applied it to her cheeks and continuing to her eyes...yeah?:) But I'm just goin on and on....sorry, But yeah try this...Please!!!!I love it so much:) tip: combo skin, cappuccino color pick.

on 1/26/2006 10:14:00 AM

Exremely disappointing. It dries way too fast and makes my skin look FLAKY. No other foundation has done that. My face looks ashy and cakey with this. For reference, I have super-oily acneprone skin. Maybe I'll save this for summer time.

I purchased this because of the sticker on the bottle that said Allure reader's voted it best foundation. Um.........no. I think this is definitely a I-like-it-because-of-the-hype foundation. Yes, it covers okay, but I only have minor acne and it barely covered those blemishes. I still found that I had to layer on the powder afterwards. I look like an oil slick after an hour or two with this on. I am since back to mineral foundation. This also makes me breakout with little tiny pimples. Not good!!!! Don't recommend. Perhaps the Stay Natural is better.

on 1/12/2006 4:43:00 PM

OK.
So I tried the cleansing regiment and figured "this will make my skin better."
No sooner had I applied a fresh coat on my face when, but a few hours later, I broke out.
I returned my Colourstay to the store today where the cosmetician told me that she uses it as her airbrush paint because it's a b*tch to get off.
Needless to say, I won't be purchasing that again.
I love the coverage, but for my sensitive skin, it ain't no good.

on 1/12/2006 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

always ends up being the one foundation i come back to, despite the fact that it's a little too dark with my skin. wears like iron (except for where my glasses sit, a problem easily fixed with a little strategically placed hair gel). covers acne, but doesn't seem to cause any more blemishes than when i go without makeup completely. i dread trying this new stuff with softflex. only knocked off one star, due to its not coming in shades for the extremely pale.

on 1/11/2006 12:37:00 AM

A few years back, I used this to cover up a black tattoo for a photoshoot, so when I wanted a good-coverage foundation, naturally I remembered colorstay.
I've been using it occasionally for a few weeks, probably about 3-4 times since I bought it, but realised that over the last few days, I've been breaking out like a teenager.
I deliberated straying from colorstay, however, the thought of parting with such an inexpensive, full-coverage foundation disheartened me.
Perhaps I wasn't fully removing the product from my visage, hence the breakouts.
I called my friend Shannon and discussed the problem with her. I, then, came on MUA and did some research.
So now I feel like an idiot - a dirty and somewhat un-hygenic one at that, for not recognising that 'colorstay' means that thte colour will stay on until properly removed.
So, tomorrow, I will purchase some heavy-duty cleansing cloths and hope that my face loses its pizza-like appearance.
The product is fantastic and I tend to concur with the others about the crappola packaging, however, as suggested by one reviewer, using what's in the cap is far more logical than dipping your finger in, and, if you try to tip it over against your finger, it may spill out the sides (not like it..umm..happened to me).
The product's coverage is fab and it's fairly inexpensive.
I'm hearing rumours of discontinuation, so, provided my zits go away with my new cleansing regimen, I'm heading out to Shopper's to stock up.
I hope that this helps.

on 1/10/2006 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have had my bottle of Nude for months now and stashed it away in favor of Maybelline Wonder Finish and the new Cover Girl Radiance compact. I pulled my lonely pump bottle out after seeing so much talk about it being discontinued and am back to using this fabulous foundation. I forgot how well it stayed on and how fresh I look HOURS later! Great matte coverage! I did go and stock up at Walgreen's as it is marked down to 6.00 and change! Sorry to see this one go!