Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 5/31/2006 4:50:00 PM

I was looking for medium coverage foundation. I found it in a grocery store on sale and I thought I hit a jackpot with such good reviews on MUA. I was quickly disappointed after it caused breakout on my forehead. I never had a break out with any kind of cosmetics before.

on 5/20/2006 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great makeup for anyone who doesnt like to constantly touch up their makeup. It really is an 8-10hr makeup (even though I've seen it advertised as a 12-16hr makeup) I can put this on at 8am and go all day long without a single touch up (by the way, I really suggest NOT touching up this makeup because it sets in 60 seconds and if you try to apply more later it just clumps up!) I put this on before work (no powder) and wash it off around 6pm and apply it again if I am going out to dinner or something (but this really isnt a must unless you really want to look fresh going out).

on 5/17/2006 11:33:00 AM

Hated it. It did not blend properly and caked up. It is nearly impossible to remove. I tried cleaning my makeup sponges and could not remove it from them so imagion how hard it is to get off your skin. I have an oily tzone and this make up made me break out bad.

on 5/12/2006 12:35:00 AM

Okay, I loved this product before they changed the formula but the new addition of the "soft flex" crap has been breaking me out like CRAZY. I want the old Colorstay formula back. :( Why, Revlon, why would you try and fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

on 4/9/2006 3:15:00 AM

I have used Estee, Lancome, Clinque, Maybelline, L'oreal but I really find this the best (I actually loved colourstay lite better but is no longer sold in my country:( ).

I have weird oily skin that is dry within. Also very acne prone with large pores. This makes my skin look amazingly flawless and does not aggravate my acne at all. It gives a dewy, inherent glow look, without the feel of wax or silicone which i am allergic to. It does not oxidise, stays put (after 1.5 hours of sweaty hot yoga?!) , sort of control my oil secretion (but still oils up at the end of the day). I love the smell too.

However this product can apply too thick if I happen to pour out too much. Very stage like. I used to use this as a concealer! I am Asian and realised the colour range is a bit strange, I think I fall inbetween 2 colours. I always strive to get the freshest bottle, because those old bottles I noted in stores, have a distinct layer of oil which terrifies me.

on 4/5/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is great for long nights. The Colorstay with the pump applicator works well. I could apply this stuff at 8pm before I go out, and come 2:00 a.m., my skin still looked smooth. It stays on through sweat, through tears, through sleep, even if you rub your face. I used to wear it through my workouts (b/c I'm too lazy to wash it off, which is another point in itself), but if you leave it on overnight/through workouts, you will probably get a few pimples. The stuff is like GLUE. You must wash your face 2-3 times to get it all off, but that was what I was looking for when I bought it. It begins to get tacky and thick shortly after it comes out of the bottle, so apply it where you want it. You have to work it in and blend it quickly otherwise where you dotted it on your face, you'll have darker (thicker) areas of make-up. Use a make-up sponge because the stuff sticks to your fingers and brushes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love its thickness and its very buildable. The colors match very well with my skin tone. I just wish it would last longer then it does.

on 3/24/2006 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just picked up this and WOW! It is warm toned and pale (I'm a moderately pale asian)and it just blends right into my skin. The coverage is medium but buildable, definitely need no or little concealor, even with my horrible acne scars. It lasts all day and makes my skin matte and smoooth. Def my new HG!

on 3/20/2006 1:26:00 PM

I LOVE the old one, and hate the new one. I stock piled and bought like 5 of the old ones when they went on sale becasue they were discontinued. I tried the new one to see if it was the same or even dare I think, better. Of course, I was let down, my skin went super shiny, and oily and looked so ridiculous, I felt embarrased going out. The old one was amazing, it controlled shine and lasted all day whithout looking weird. Way to go Revlon, worst move ever to discontinue the best makeup available and replacing with garbage. STAY AWAY from the new one with softflex if you have oily skin that tends to get oily by noon!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my HG it's gone and I was traumatized. But I tried the new one and hated it so during my mission to find a new foundation, I ended up picking Clinique Clarifying MU, it's awesome, I should have been using it a long time ago, THANK YOU Revlon, or I never would have known I could find something that covers just as good, but looks way better, feels way better, and is helping my skin too.