Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 4/5/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is great for long nights. The Colorstay with the pump applicator works well. I could apply this stuff at 8pm before I go out, and come 2:00 a.m., my skin still looked smooth. It stays on through sweat, through tears, through sleep, even if you rub your face. I used to wear it through my workouts (b/c I'm too lazy to wash it off, which is another point in itself), but if you leave it on overnight/through workouts, you will probably get a few pimples. The stuff is like GLUE. You must wash your face 2-3 times to get it all off, but that was what I was looking for when I bought it. It begins to get tacky and thick shortly after it comes out of the bottle, so apply it where you want it. You have to work it in and blend it quickly otherwise where you dotted it on your face, you'll have darker (thicker) areas of make-up. Use a make-up sponge because the stuff sticks to your fingers and brushes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love its thickness and its very buildable. The colors match very well with my skin tone. I just wish it would last longer then it does.

on 3/24/2006 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just picked up this and WOW! It is warm toned and pale (I'm a moderately pale asian)and it just blends right into my skin. The coverage is medium but buildable, definitely need no or little concealor, even with my horrible acne scars. It lasts all day and makes my skin matte and smoooth. Def my new HG!

on 3/20/2006 1:26:00 PM

I LOVE the old one, and hate the new one. I stock piled and bought like 5 of the old ones when they went on sale becasue they were discontinued. I tried the new one to see if it was the same or even dare I think, better. Of course, I was let down, my skin went super shiny, and oily and looked so ridiculous, I felt embarrased going out. The old one was amazing, it controlled shine and lasted all day whithout looking weird. Way to go Revlon, worst move ever to discontinue the best makeup available and replacing with garbage. STAY AWAY from the new one with softflex if you have oily skin that tends to get oily by noon!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my HG it's gone and I was traumatized. But I tried the new one and hated it so during my mission to find a new foundation, I ended up picking Clinique Clarifying MU, it's awesome, I should have been using it a long time ago, THANK YOU Revlon, or I never would have known I could find something that covers just as good, but looks way better, feels way better, and is helping my skin too.

on 3/13/2006 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was hoping for more. My sister and I tried the Colorstay with Softflex for normal/oily skin based ont he positive reviews here. I also bought the Colorstay pressed powder. I haven't used a liquid foundation in a long time. I have oily/combo skin and although this didn't make me break out and stayed fairly dry, I just didn't like the way it looked on my skin. It wasn't a smooth finish and seemed to accentuate some small wrinkles I have. We both currently use Maybelline Pure Stay powder foundation that has spf in it - it has a 4.0 rating on MUA. I'm keeping the pressed powder for now to replace the L'oreal perfect match powder (that I don't like) to carry in my purse with me.

on 3/7/2006 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not for me, but good at what it does...hence the high rating. If you want heavy coverage because of acne scarring or whatever, this is the stuff for you. It covers whatever you want it to cover, and lasts and lasts until you choose to take it off. The Colorstay part is no lie! Vile smell, as with many Revlon products. Not too fond of the widemouthed bottle, either. Since I have a whole big bottle that looks awful on me (wrong color and don't need so much coverage), I've found an alternate use: a very small amount of this stuff is fairly decent as a primer for eye makeup.

on 3/3/2006 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for at least 4 years. I love this foundation. This is a tad thicker then most foundations which is what I love about this product because it covers very well. The best thing is that it last all day and doesn't "rub" off. It has SPF in it as well and it doesn't break me out. It's the best! I love it and will use it forever!
Now if you don't like a "makeup" feeling and have nothing to cover don't use this. If you want a gorgeous smooth flawless finish this is it. will definitely repurchase again and again. Thank heaven for Revlon!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I use this in "Buff" when I'm wearing self tanner...it's a great match over Savage Bronze on my cool toned, ppp skin. I understand that the formulation has been changed (this is for the old one)....I hope the new one is as good!

This is a heavy, high coverage foundation, just what I like! It covers acne scars and matches my skin perfectly in sand beige. Stays on all day. Does not rub off. I use it as a concealer and on my T-zone. I do not cover my whole face. As it tends to give me blackheads, I use it only on special occasions.