Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 5/3/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After hearibg all the buzz on you tube i decided to buy this last week and have been using it everyday. I absolutely love it. My skin is very oily and this along with my color stay foundation really prevent the shine from breaking through. I do get a little late in the day but not as much nor as soon as before. It hasnt caused me any break outs and thats great. I usually break out everytime i try something new. The only turn off are the words Monistat and Chafing on the packaging, but i dont mind it. It works great for me im glad i bought 2 tubes because its really hard to find.

on 5/3/2010 12:18:00 PM

For some reason I though I had already reviewed this - but apparently not. This stuff is terrific, and I use it every day under my Cover Girl Simply Ageless foundation (and have for probably at least a year). It also worked great under the Pur Minerals that I used to use. However it DID NOT work with the Mary Kay foundation that comes in the tube (medium coverage? - can't remember the exact name) - that one just slid right off of the Monistat. So it will not work with some foundations. I used to use a pricey primer (can't remember which one off hand), but this one actually does better and the price cannot be beat. I bought the three-tube deal from Amazon, b/c for a while I was having trouble finding it locally, but now it has reappeared at WalMart, and all the major drug chains in my area (CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid).
I just spread a small amount over one area of my face at a time over my moisturizer, give it a minute or two (longer if I have the time - but I am not sure it makes any difference). I do not use it on my under eye area or eyelids (I use Mary Kay eye primer for eye shadow preservation). My makeup looks as good at the end of the day as it did when I walked out the door. If I get hot, I may have a small amount of shininess, but a tissue blot takes care of that and I am good-to-go again. I hope they never d/c this - if they are thinking of it, they need to look at this site and think again.

I like the tube for ease of dispensing - and really don't care what anyone thinks about me if they see me buying it or using it. But that's just me - the product is terrific, and that's all I care about.

on 5/3/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok at first I was like you guys are totally nuts. But then when I saw I was running low on my primer ($$$) I thought why not try it. O!M!G! LOVE!!! its been 3 hours now and my make up looks like i just put it on. No moving or sliding at all! And I touch my face A LOT! This is by far the best primer I have used and I have used Chanel, BE, Sephora, Ulta, Lancome', Estee, just to name a few. I can't believe how much I have spent on primers when this stuff was there all the time.

You guys rock! Great stuff!!!

on 4/29/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

OMG, I love this stuff as a primer!!! I got turned onto this while browsing this site one day and was like WTH? Who in the world puts Monistat on their face???? Well, I decided to try it anyway and was sooo glad I did. It gives me such a canvas to help smooth out my foundation and best of all, it doesn't clog my pores!! It's dirt cheap and you can always find it in drugstores or supermarkets. Love this stuff!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This had a noticeable chemical smell and felt greasy when I put it on. And it took forever to set. But did it mattify? Sure...for about 3 or 4 hours, then I was oily, oily, oily. Will use it only for it's intended uses in the future, if I even use what's left in the tube at all.

on 4/24/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first primer I've used and the only one I think I'll ever need to. I have combo skin (shiny T zone) which usually gets really bad under my liquid foundation as far as shine goes. Then I saw the reviews for this, figured it was too cheap not to try, and voila, no more shine. It felt like silk once it dried on my face. The test, a night of partying, proved this works well. Don't see a need to try any of the other ones (And I'm glad I was spared the expensive search for a primer $$.)

on 4/23/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Soo love this as a primer! i was at spehora and about to buy smashbox primer then i remembered that I could just buy Monistat for WAYYYY cheaper. I think this product is so good and I'm glad I found out about it. doesnt clog my pores and all I use is a little drop which goes a long way. I recommed it as a primer

on 4/19/2010 11:43:00 PM

I used this a while back, and liked it, and then tried other things and this got pushed to the back and forgotten. Well, I pulled it out and used it today and it really does do a wonderful job as a primer. I usually have an oil slick for a nose an hour or so after I get to work, and I got a few hours in today without having to blot. Even then, it wasn't nearly as oily as it usually is. It really makes my mineral makeup apply and well and look nice all day. I'm definitely going to be using this on a regular basis from now on! Can sometimes be hard to find, but I order from drugstore.com.

on 4/15/2010 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Oh my, what a discovery. I read a while back that this primer works great as a undermakeup primer for the face. First I was like ewwww....but you girls are sooo smart. I bought this chafing gel because I swim alot and my skin rubs. I needed face lotion after I was done working out, This is the only product in my gym bag, and so I put this on my face, and it practically sealed and mattified my skin. Holy crap, i have been dropping money on primers for 5 years. This reminds me of Skinn Orchid Gel mattifying primer. Im gonna do what the picture is posted above, Im going to squeeze this tube in a different container, its embarrasing to carry around monistat brand. As for people breaking out, this contains dimethicone, its in all primers that i have used.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great packaging and dirt cheap, but this dried my skin out so much and gave me crazy flakies!! its good at mattifying, but this went too far.

Popular Primer/ Correctors