October 23, 2014 | 1433 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mininana

Talk about cheapest and best primer EVER. Glides like a dream, helps makeup GLIDE easily, and it's just as good as any expensive primer i've tried.

Color & smell. It's colorless and odorless as well

You only need a dime sized amount for the whole face.

Do NOT forget to wait a couple minutes for the product to setlle down before u apply foundation.

Also, for those who find this irritating to your skin, I am sad to say other primers will do the same to you as the active ingredient in this and the expensive primers is DIMETHICONE, which is a silicone and can cause reactions on some people. DIMETHICONE is what will make your face smooth and makeup ready but MAY also clog your pores.

***EDIT*** I want to add. This breaks me out because of the silicon in it. Which is why I now use with CALADRYL. Apply CALAMINE lotion first (clear) and then apply primer. It works like a charm and NO BREAKOUT!!!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by MLC1986

Really wanted to like this, but it makes me look so greasy and shiny after an hour or so. I've now tried this in the summer, fall, & winter. I'm not sure why it controls shine so well for others and not me... I wouldn't even consider my skin oily!! It DOES however make my makeup go on my skin evenly and nicely, though. Glad I didn't waste a lot of money on this. So sad it didn't work for me, I was pumped to use it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Katie4098

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried this as an all-over face primer, as I noticed a lot of the reviewers have, but I do use this everyday as an eyeshadow primer. It really works! Absolutely NO creasing, unlike other high-end MU brand primers. I even wore this under my eyeshadow for a day of boating & tubing at the lake (with water sprayed in my face all day and being thrown off the tube into the lake) and at the end of the day everyone was shocked that my eyeshadow was still there and looking vibrant as ever! The only thing that might possibly make me love this stuff even more is if it came in white or skintone. Even as it is now (clear) it does make the colors pop a lot more than just putting them on sans primer, and its lasting power & de-creasing abilities is simply amazing. I will never be without a tube of this stuff! And the price just can't be beat!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

The monistat gave me milia like bumps, which turned into 2 cysts on my cheek.. Happy that it works for other women though! I now use this product on the back of my heels so that my feet feel comfortable in heels and wedges and it's working. Glad it has another use, but wish I could use as face primer I just can't take the chance of getting those milia bumps and having them turn cystic again!

****UPDATE******: I am in complete denial. I want to believe that this product is not the source of my new break outs because I love the flawless coverage I get after I apply my MMU. However, within minutes I notice the development of rough bumpies like eczema, and later when I wash my face I see it: the bumpies have turned into a cystic pimple that I can feel forming just below the skin. So Retin-A to the rescue and hopefully it won't be as pronounced in the morning. But, sigh... I really wanted to this work for me. I am going to try the kaolin clay from everyday minerals and see if it works to absorb the oils, which is my main problem -- excessively oily skin.. but dry patches too, which is why I LLOOOOOOVED this as a primer -- I mean it simultaneously took away dryness and oiliness. I guess if I exfoliate my skin better, the dry patches will go away -- and maybe try that kaolin finishing powder from everyday minerals.

ACNE SUFFERERS READ! (Products That Work Wonders for Clearing and Maintaining Beautiful Skin: monistat chafing relief included in massive product review)

Although it's winter, my face still produces excessive oil, causing the worst cystic acne break outs of my life. I didn't want to leave my room for days on end because of my facial skin, which became severely pigmented and bumpy on my chin, cheeks, and forehead.

I eventually had to go out and whenever I applied my mineral foundation I found my skin to become even more oily, despite the fact that I am on topical prescription gels (benzaclin and Retin-A), which are supposed to dry out the skin. I spend the whole night blotting my face, and watching new pimples form before my eyes, and then reapplying make up to cover the sadness on my face. It was a vicious cycle until the topical prescriptions kicked in after a few weeks and made my face smooth and started fading the acne.

I ordered Acne.Org's Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide treatment gel. For those who cannot go to the dermatologist to get Benzaclin, Acne.Orgs cleanser and treatment gel is the same product for a fraction of the price. I ordered the 16 oz. bottle, which will last forever. The cleanser is great because I was using a drugstore cleanser with acne medicine in it, found it to be too harsh and was killing my skin. Acne.Org's cleanser leaves the face feeling clean, smooth, and not at all harsh!

The best way to have beautiful, flawless makeup is to have a clean, smooth face so make sure to find a non irritating skin regimen, check out ACNE.ORG!

I am 19 years old, and never knew about primers. Sure, my bare minerals starter kit came with a primer, but after experiencing cystic acne I was definitely skeptical about putting another foreign element on my face. So I never thought about using it, and didn't even know what it was for.

I needed to find a solution to the massive oils seeping from my face, even when I had mineral make up on, and to prevent break outs. What could I do!? I found out that bare minerals was causing my breakouts because it irritates my skin with the bismuth mineral, and also figured that swirling the concealer brush into the cap that has my oil on it, and patting it deep into my face couldn't be helping.

So I love mineral make up and never want to go back to liquid foundation, and ordered a sample kit of everyday minerals after learning that many acne and sensitive skin sufferers switched and are loving their results. It's coming in the mail, and I cannot wait!

In the meantime, I have decided to face the world, even though I still do not have perfect skin. I don't wear any makeup in the house and come out of my room, and I stick to my regimen which is wash face morning and night with acne.org cleanser, then apply benzaclin (when this runs out, I will start using my acne.org treatment gel which is the same consistency as the benzaclin, only a whole lot more affordable), then I moisturize with cetaphil and wait 5 minutes. After 5 minutes I prime my face with MONISTAT CHAFING RELIEF POWDER GEL and let it sit for 10 minutes. MY SKIN FEELS BABY SOFT WITHIN SECONDS. AND LOOKS AS IF I WERE A NEWBORN (remember I still have skin pigmentation from the acne so I still need to wear a mineral foundation) I then use a HOMEMADE MIXTURE from user EnKore on youtube (thanks EnKore!) 1 water bottle cap full of GLYCERIN (FOUND AT RITE-AID) and three water bottle cap fulls of bottled water, pour all into a small travel size spritzer bottle and shake. Then spritz onto a powder kabuki brush and dip into mineral make up. apply make up and look at the results. FLAWLESS FACE people in the street were complimenting me, a man said WOW when I walked by because these steps give you CONFIDENCE after such a long and lonely battle with acne. Thank you so much for giving me that users who recommeded all of these products! Hope other acne sufferers find this review helpful.

P.S. So important to allow skin to breathe. I would NEVER sleep in the primer and I personally wouldn't use it every single day -- maybe I will though, I just started using the monistat primer so I have to see if I break out, but so far SOOOO good!!!!!

I WILL UPDATE IF ANY ADVERSE REACTION OCCURS, REMEMBER SO FAR SKIN LOOKS FLAWLESS, AND NEVER HAVE TO BLOT MY FACE NO OIL NO IMPERFECTIONS!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

FYI this product is being discontinued in Canada - I just called the 1800 Monistat number (1-800-891-4857) - at this time there is no replacement for it!
Don't know if this is true for the U.S. or not!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cfath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Primer is the only thing I wear--no concealer, no foundation, no powder. So I'm always looking for the ultimate primer. I've tried various primers over the years and my fave is DHC's velvet skin. Had to try this product after all these rave reviews. I just wanna say thanks to whoever suggested using this--actually my pocketbook says thanks. It works and works well. My face looks flawless and matte all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year, and it is one of my must have things in my makeup bag. I have been using primer in general for about 4 years, and have tried Clarins, Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Too Faced, Lancome, and some drugstore brands. This is just as good as Smashbox or Lancome (which is my all time dept. store fave) and a fraction of the price. Primers are generally pricey, so this was a great find b/c I wear primer everyday. I don't think this has caused much breakout for me; I have oily acne prone skin so I will have blemishes no matter what, but it's the only thing that allows me to make my sking look flawless with makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing primer!! Its feels just like DHC velvet skin primer it controls oil and my makeup stays on so much longer.Even after i finish exercising my makeup looked like i just applied it.This is a replacement for those expensive make up primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am SO GLAD I discovered this through some gurus on YouTube, this stuff is just amazing, buying it was a little awkward because of the name I won't lie ;), but ZOMG does it do a bad ass job at making my pressed powder look absolutely airbrushed and perfect. I use Clinique pressed powder and I mix it w/ NYC translucent loose powder just a bit on my forehead and nose. But here's the trick, I apply this after my moisturizer, & I wait for it to dry a bit in order to kinda seep/blend a bit into my skin, so it gets comfortable and sets, so while waiting i'll apply my eyeliner and concealer, & then using my wonderful studio tools skunk brush I just swirl away, and beautiful skin all day :) Try it out now if you haven't already, I am sooo repurchasing when I run out, which will definitely be a while from now, you really don't need much a little more than a pinhead or else you'll be greasy which defeats the purpose,

Update 2013: I still use this, but instead of applying after moisturizer, I simply just mix it to my foundation (L'oreal True Match) & it just helps it blend like a dream & lasts long enough to make me happy. & Yes I have repurchased this, twice actually since I last wrote this review. Keep in mind, since this is basically all silicone, make sure you add it to a foundation that is silicone based, or they won't get along & you'll just be giving yourself a harder time with blending, plus it won't last. So keep in mind compatibility :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mavessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This did not work for me as a makeup primer. It indeed controls shine in the beginning but after an hour later, my skin was back to it's normal texture--oily and shiny. It also made my makeup melt and kind of fall off. So with that said, I will be using this for its intended use--as a chaffing gel.