Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 6/3/2010 11:07:00 AM

Wow!! I was shocked actually at how great this works!! After reading the reviews on here and spending tons of money on expensive primers I decided to try it. This is the best primer i've found yet. Gives my foundation a fabulous finish, doesnt break me out nor make me oily. I dont have to touch up my face until lunchtime and then only by habit!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I heard this was an exact dupe for Smashbox photo finish so I gave it a try. It does the exact same thing at a cheaper price, I no longer use it though because having really oily skin, a primer isn't doing much for me other than causing me to re-touch up more through out the day so I took a lippie off for that. I did like it while I was using it.

on 6/2/2010 2:15:00 PM

I think the main reason I like this as a primer is the way it makes my skin feel after putting it on. It makes my skin sooo soft and smoooth. lol
As for the other claims; it does a decent job of keeping the shine away and preps my skin for foundation. But i've found better results with other primers. But I always keep a tube of this as a backup and/or for days I don't want to use more expensive primers.

on 5/27/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd give it 4.5 lippies. I try to save 5 lippies only for my HG's. I really don't see any reason to use another primer. The price is right for this product and it really does a fantastic job. I use mineral makeup foundation. I like the DHC primer, but I'd say that this works a little bit better and is a bit less expensive.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After reading all the reviews I had to get this product and am so glad I did! It works just as great as a primer and the dimethicone that is in other primers does the exact same job of filling in pores, wrinkles, etc. for a much better price! Sold!

on 5/25/2010 5:36:00 PM

HG! The only primer I will ever use. It makes my skin so soft and my makeup just glides on afterwards. I've never ever had any breakouts while using this. And it does wonders for hiding my pores. Doesnt take more than water to get off so thats a plus too.

on 5/25/2010 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Rated this two stars as a primer because it broke out my face HORRIBLY, which is strange because Smashbox Photo Finish primer worked perfectly fine with my skin. Using the Monistat, I ended up with 3 huge cystic acne bumps on my face within a matter of 12 hours. My skin is still trying to recover from this. The one good thing about this product is that it is good as a blister preventer for feet. I'm glad that at least this didn't go to waste. I rub a small amount on my feet before wearing heels or uncomfortable flats that haven't been worn in yet, and it really helps prevent blisters and irritation which is why I rated it 2 stars rather than 1.

on 5/22/2010 8:53:00 AM

This is great! It glides on smoothly on my skin, and makes my skin feel very silky after applying it. My foundation also looks easier to apply. Plus, it is cheap =)

on 5/13/2010 2:15:00 PM

Gives Smashbox's Photofinish primer a run for its money. Same principal ingredients and same result: a smooth complexion for which to put on liquid or mineral make-up that lasts all day and beyond. Fantastic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin and several other silicone based primers had caused small breakouts on my cheeks and forehead. I was hesitant to try the monistat because of this, but after a month of weekly use, I have had no issues and my skin has never looked better! My skin is very oily and I use a blend of Loreal 18 hour stay makeup and bare minerals over that and it doesn't budge thru a 16 hour workday! I love it. The consistency is similar to other primers, slick, and then dries completely. For the price, this is the best value for a makeup product that I have found.