Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 5/22/2010 8:53:00 AM

This is great! It glides on smoothly on my skin, and makes my skin feel very silky after applying it. My foundation also looks easier to apply. Plus, it is cheap =)

on 5/13/2010 2:15:00 PM

Gives Smashbox's Photofinish primer a run for its money. Same principal ingredients and same result: a smooth complexion for which to put on liquid or mineral make-up that lasts all day and beyond. Fantastic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin and several other silicone based primers had caused small breakouts on my cheeks and forehead. I was hesitant to try the monistat because of this, but after a month of weekly use, I have had no issues and my skin has never looked better! My skin is very oily and I use a blend of Loreal 18 hour stay makeup and bare minerals over that and it doesn't budge thru a 16 hour workday! I love it. The consistency is similar to other primers, slick, and then dries completely. For the price, this is the best value for a makeup product that I have found.

on 5/3/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After hearibg all the buzz on you tube i decided to buy this last week and have been using it everyday. I absolutely love it. My skin is very oily and this along with my color stay foundation really prevent the shine from breaking through. I do get a little late in the day but not as much nor as soon as before. It hasnt caused me any break outs and thats great. I usually break out everytime i try something new. The only turn off are the words Monistat and Chafing on the packaging, but i dont mind it. It works great for me im glad i bought 2 tubes because its really hard to find.

on 5/3/2010 12:18:00 PM

For some reason I though I had already reviewed this - but apparently not. This stuff is terrific, and I use it every day under my Cover Girl Simply Ageless foundation (and have for probably at least a year). It also worked great under the Pur Minerals that I used to use. However it DID NOT work with the Mary Kay foundation that comes in the tube (medium coverage? - can't remember the exact name) - that one just slid right off of the Monistat. So it will not work with some foundations. I used to use a pricey primer (can't remember which one off hand), but this one actually does better and the price cannot be beat. I bought the three-tube deal from Amazon, b/c for a while I was having trouble finding it locally, but now it has reappeared at WalMart, and all the major drug chains in my area (CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid).
I just spread a small amount over one area of my face at a time over my moisturizer, give it a minute or two (longer if I have the time - but I am not sure it makes any difference). I do not use it on my under eye area or eyelids (I use Mary Kay eye primer for eye shadow preservation). My makeup looks as good at the end of the day as it did when I walked out the door. If I get hot, I may have a small amount of shininess, but a tissue blot takes care of that and I am good-to-go again. I hope they never d/c this - if they are thinking of it, they need to look at this site and think again.

I like the tube for ease of dispensing - and really don't care what anyone thinks about me if they see me buying it or using it. But that's just me - the product is terrific, and that's all I care about.

on 5/3/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok at first I was like you guys are totally nuts. But then when I saw I was running low on my primer ($$$) I thought why not try it. O!M!G! LOVE!!! its been 3 hours now and my make up looks like i just put it on. No moving or sliding at all! And I touch my face A LOT! This is by far the best primer I have used and I have used Chanel, BE, Sephora, Ulta, Lancome', Estee, just to name a few. I can't believe how much I have spent on primers when this stuff was there all the time.

You guys rock! Great stuff!!!

on 4/29/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

OMG, I love this stuff as a primer!!! I got turned onto this while browsing this site one day and was like WTH? Who in the world puts Monistat on their face???? Well, I decided to try it anyway and was sooo glad I did. It gives me such a canvas to help smooth out my foundation and best of all, it doesn't clog my pores!! It's dirt cheap and you can always find it in drugstores or supermarkets. Love this stuff!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This had a noticeable chemical smell and felt greasy when I put it on. And it took forever to set. But did it mattify? Sure...for about 3 or 4 hours, then I was oily, oily, oily. Will use it only for it's intended uses in the future, if I even use what's left in the tube at all.

on 4/24/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first primer I've used and the only one I think I'll ever need to. I have combo skin (shiny T zone) which usually gets really bad under my liquid foundation as far as shine goes. Then I saw the reviews for this, figured it was too cheap not to try, and voila, no more shine. It felt like silk once it dried on my face. The test, a night of partying, proved this works well. Don't see a need to try any of the other ones (And I'm glad I was spared the expensive search for a primer $$.)

on 4/23/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Soo love this as a primer! i was at spehora and about to buy smashbox primer then i remembered that I could just buy Monistat for WAYYYY cheaper. I think this product is so good and I'm glad I found out about it. doesnt clog my pores and all I use is a little drop which goes a long way. I recommed it as a primer