MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Price:
-$17 (in my opinion, that's really expensive)

Colour:
-It looks to be a really pretty nude in the jar, but when I applied it to my lids, it looked very red-toned && almost muddy. NOTE that when I applied this to my sister's eyelids (she is paler than me), it looked nice! So the colour will work sometimes, depending on your skin tone.

Texture:
-The texture is sticky to apply, && it stays sticky (it lessens a bit throughout the day, but not a lot)

Does it do the job?
-This creases a lot! I hadn't had any problems with my shadows creasing before (shadows I use are NYX && UD), but after only about 4 hours, they had creased with this underneath.

Packaging:
-I think the packaging feels sturdy && high quality. It has a glass jar with a twist top.
-When you near the end of the product, the jar packaging is inconvenient because it kind of cakes up against the sides && is hard to reach.

Other:
-I have never applied this with a brush, but to apply with your fingers, you have to apply a lot of pressure to your lids && the sticky formula causes you to pull on your lids.

I wanted to like this, it was a nice shade but unfortunately it creased only after a few hours :(

on 4/22/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree that this is a must have. I use it as a e/s base and my shadow lasts all day, no creasing, no color change. I've tried so many shadow bases and none even come close to this, its perfect......MAC please don't ever d/c this!

on 4/22/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best base I've had! It works magic, the eyeshadow stays on for hours and doesn't crease when I use this. I can wear it alone as well when I'm not in the mood to add color! Must have!!

on 4/22/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is as essential to me as my foundation and concealer. I apply it over the entire eyelid, up to the brow. My shadows go on smooth and blend better, and gives the pigment staying power. A must have.

on 4/22/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Painterly is a nice color and base to even out my eyelids. I certainly can't use this alone tho. I have to wear a primer otherwise it will crease after a few hours. My eyelids can get oily, but not overly crazy. Maybe it creases on me because of the humidity here? Anyway, it's a nice addition to my makeup collection and really like this stuff. Just sucks I can't use it without primer.

on 4/22/2011 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

HG primer!!!!!

on 4/22/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this as a primer!! I have been reaching for it more than my Urban Decay Primer Potion!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this base under anything, I highly recommend this paintpot under all eyeshadows. Most of the time i use this under TFSI to prevent any creasing at all even though i don't have oily lids at all, but hey better safe then sorry. With that said, this is a very creamy, smooth,and opaque product that not only hides any imperfections and evens out the colors on your eye lids, it also creates a fresh, clean, and even cavas on your eyelids for all your eyeshadows making them more vibrant and true to hue. I'm a NW20-NW25 and i adore painterly as it is described as a "nude beige" . I swear by this product and if your a NW or have pink/red warmer undertones i highly recommend this base to you. If your a NC and have yellow/cooler undertones go with soft ochre as it is described a "yellow beige". I personally don't use or own soft ochre as i have tried it in stores and it is too yellow and cool toned for me. Just remember Painterly is for NW's with warm undertones and Soft ochre is for NC's with cool undertones!

on 4/21/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing this by itself for a few days now and so far, so good. It does crease by the end of the day, but I have very, very oily lids, so I'm not completely surprised. I'm not a big fan of the glass packaging.

Top Rated MAC Products