August 27, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by carastern

I wear this daily underneath my eyeshadow. It wouldn't be a very exciting colour on its own, but it works to bring out the true colour of the eyeshadow, and it makes it last all day. I used to use the paint tubes, which worked equally well (if not a bit better) but this packaging is much more convenient and means it lasts longer. I'd recommend it to keep your makeup on during the day. I've even used it with very cheap quality eye shadows, and it really increases their staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I cannot wear Painterly by itself because I will look like I have vitiligo or like a reverse panda or raccoon but I love Painterly because of course it really does keep the eye makeup all on for hours and hours but also it really make the eye shadow, even very dark-colored eye shadow, pop out and become more noticeable.

A MAC MUA recommended this to me and if she wouldn't have, then I would never even look at Painterly or think of even buying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LashGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this! This is my first Paint Pot (received it as a gift). I really like using it as a base - makes my eyeshadow last longer and allows the colors to "come to life." I tend do more natural looks when I wear makeup so this is perfect for my light skin. I read that some reviewers were having problems with creasing, but I do not have oily lids and have not experienced any creasing. When I'm running out the door (and don't have time to put on a full face of makeup) I use a little on my lids and underneath because it covers up the redness in the eye area really well. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff. I would recommend this product and will replace it when it runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great for a clean simple base on the eye. I have to wear it with some kind of primer underneath or it creases on my very oily lids. By the end of the day I notice some creasing underneath right above the inner corner of my eye, but nothing terrible. It last longer if I set it with e/s.

I use this a lot for my signature black cat eye liner look. It matches my NW15ish skin very well, and just makes my eye look nice and clean. The texture is lovely, but still lasts a while. The jar is very solid and sturdy looking, but you need to make sure to close it tightly.

It's a solid, workhorse type of product. Nothing fancy, but does the job well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkmacprincess

First paintpot I ever used. Went well with my olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by menatasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is my fave pp by MAC b/c you can wear it without any e/s & it matches my skin tone perfectly. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is b/c MAC is expensive, but I highly recommend it. I would start with this one if you have never purchased a pp.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by stilllovely

I second what the ladies beaneath me have said.
I use this as eyeshadow base before I apply any eyeshadow. It evens out my eyelids and makes my eyeshadow stay as bright as when I applied it and doesn't allow it to crease! This is amazing stuff.
Painterly is almost the same shade as my NW15 skin so I can wear it alone. I also apply a bit under my eyes to act as concelaer. You only need the tiniest bit. If you apply it too heavily it won't work as well.
It's wirth the price. A pot will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I don't feel the need to with Painterly Paint Pot. This definitely gets the job done. My eyeshadow stays on ALL DAY with this. At times, it made some of my eyeshadows look a bit pink but I just put on a thinner layer and it worked better. It's a bit on the pricier side (about $20) but the product looks like it will last quite a while do you get your money's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by acjersey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a product like this for years!!! It is a miracle! I have very oily eyelids and this stops my shadow from creasing - and keeps the oil at bay. I have been living with creased eyeshadow lids for my whole life and now they finally stopped thanks to this amazing product!! You only need apply a super thin film to your lids, really barely any at all - and it works great; it even makes my wrinkles in my lids disappear and just smooths them out.
My eyeshadows glide on smoothly now (they used to look sloppy, because I have wrinkles in my lids). I like my eyes now; this product changed everything for me!!
I think it works better when you apply a very very thin layer to your lids as opposed to a heavy coat

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sparkybish

I love this a base for my eyeshadows. It is the same color as my skin, so when I apply it, it evens out my lid. I use it it daily, and sometimes forget I don't actually have lids that look this way naturally. I apply a very thin layer, with my finger, and bland it well. After close to a year of use, I have no come close to hitting pan, which I think indicates how little you need. I never have problems with creasing, and I especially like this under a mostly matte look. I use a different primer for shimmer, as in find it...shimmers better. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, which will be years at this rate!