July 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great for a clean simple base on the eye. I have to wear it with some kind of primer underneath or it creases on my very oily lids. By the end of the day I notice some creasing underneath right above the inner corner of my eye, but nothing terrible. It last longer if I set it with e/s.

I use this a lot for my signature black cat eye liner look. It matches my NW15ish skin very well, and just makes my eye look nice and clean. The texture is lovely, but still lasts a while. The jar is very solid and sturdy looking, but you need to make sure to close it tightly.

It's a solid, workhorse type of product. Nothing fancy, but does the job well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkmacprincess

First paintpot I ever used. Went well with my olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by menatasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is my fave pp by MAC b/c you can wear it without any e/s & it matches my skin tone perfectly. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is b/c MAC is expensive, but I highly recommend it. I would start with this one if you have never purchased a pp.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by stilllovely

I second what the ladies beaneath me have said.
I use this as eyeshadow base before I apply any eyeshadow. It evens out my eyelids and makes my eyeshadow stay as bright as when I applied it and doesn't allow it to crease! This is amazing stuff.
Painterly is almost the same shade as my NW15 skin so I can wear it alone. I also apply a bit under my eyes to act as concelaer. You only need the tiniest bit. If you apply it too heavily it won't work as well.
It's wirth the price. A pot will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I don't feel the need to with Painterly Paint Pot. This definitely gets the job done. My eyeshadow stays on ALL DAY with this. At times, it made some of my eyeshadows look a bit pink but I just put on a thinner layer and it worked better. It's a bit on the pricier side (about $20) but the product looks like it will last quite a while do you get your money's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by acjersey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a product like this for years!!! It is a miracle! I have very oily eyelids and this stops my shadow from creasing - and keeps the oil at bay. I have been living with creased eyeshadow lids for my whole life and now they finally stopped thanks to this amazing product!! You only need apply a super thin film to your lids, really barely any at all - and it works great; it even makes my wrinkles in my lids disappear and just smooths them out.
My eyeshadows glide on smoothly now (they used to look sloppy, because I have wrinkles in my lids). I like my eyes now; this product changed everything for me!!
I think it works better when you apply a very very thin layer to your lids as opposed to a heavy coat

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sparkybish

I love this a base for my eyeshadows. It is the same color as my skin, so when I apply it, it evens out my lid. I use it it daily, and sometimes forget I don't actually have lids that look this way naturally. I apply a very thin layer, with my finger, and bland it well. After close to a year of use, I have no come close to hitting pan, which I think indicates how little you need. I never have problems with creasing, and I especially like this under a mostly matte look. I use a different primer for shimmer, as in find it...shimmers better. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, which will be years at this rate!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lasteluv

I went up to the MAC counter one day to ask the girl, "how do all of you MAC girls get your eyeshadow to stay on all day? It looks like you just put it on and you've probably had it on for hours." The MA replied, "it's the base." I was shown Painterly. I have been hooked ever since. I use it as a base for any eyeshadow I have and love that doesn't have staying power especially my matte colors. This p/p does the trick of making any e/s stay on all day until I take it off at night. I would definitely purchase again although I'd like to try out some other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had Painterly for about a month now and been using it everyday. I bought it because my eyeshadow seem to fade after a few hours and I get really bad creasing. I must have oily eyelids! The MA at MAC gave me painterly and it matches my skin pretty well. If I put it on lightly it disappears, but if I put it on heavier you can see it. I'm not really a fan of how matte it is, but as a base alone it works. I only gave this a 3 because I'm still getting some creasing. I've been experimenting with how much I put on to try to determine how to keep it from creasing. I've gotten it on lightly (patting and not wiping) with Twinks to last 8 hours. Other days I've done a heavier bit with Satin Taupe and it creased after 3... I've been trying to apply a light layer, but it's not always 100% crease proof on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by diorchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice product but I think groundwork and bare study is more suitable for my skintone(nw43)