December 19, 2014 | 645 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Not the best lip balm I've tried, but it's definitely up there. I love its sheer red shade that it leaves on your lips... very natural and pretty. I'm not a fan of the flavor but my friends says it smells lovely. I mainly like it for its function--a bit waxy, but when I put it on, it's pure, long lasting relief for flaky lips. I prefer this over the original because it does not contain menthol.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by YSL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the original version regularly, but thought I'd try this pomegranate one for a change. I actually ended up throwing it out. It felt really oily but didn't really moisturize my lips like the original. I also couldn't stand the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by xjoannnx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this by accident because my dad thought this was the original one so he bought me it when he was at work.I actually don't like it. It really moisturizes the lips but the smell throws me off. I just hate the smell. I'm good with sticking to my original Burt's Bees

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as an extra in a swap. I had high hopes for this, since I'm a fan of Burt Bee's (especially their tinted lip balms). However, this fell short to expectations. This leaves my lips feeling *moist*, but not hydrated. I applied this on at night and woke up with the same dry lips. I applied this a few hours ago, and my lips still feel moist. But when I rub it together it still feels dry and peel-ey. Lasting power is great, I just wish it actually did something to the condition of my lips. I'm still going to stick with it and will update if anything changes. But for now, it's pretty "meh".

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by sybelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm. It's one of my absolute favorites -- I like it even better than the original Burt's Bees for moisturizing. The original mint-scented Burt's Bees is thicker and dryer, and makes a better base for lipstick, but I really felt like the Pomegranate one kept my lips softer and added a nice sheen.

I also really enjoy the smell. It's not a strong pomegranate scent - just a little fruity and not too sweet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The scent and taste of the lip balm takes a little time to appreciate, but the moisture it provides far outweighs any Burt's Bees lip balm. I have extremely dry lips, and this is one of only two products that keeps them moisturized, the other being MAC lip conditioner. It's obviously the cheaper alternative, though I prefer the MAC lip conditioner. It smells absolutely nothing like pomegranate, and it tastes like wax. That makes sense as one of the main ingredients is beeswax. It doesn't provide the pseudo-breath freshening properties as the original Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, but it works a lot better without the stinging of the peppermint oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I prefer this to the original lip balm because it give just a hint of color and it tastes pretty good. It works as well as the other Burt's Bees lip products. The only difference the color, scent and taste. If you are looking for something a bit different than the original, this might be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by MSUchick77

My review for the original formula is pretty much the same. Anyone can use it. It's not tacky, not greasy.

I like the flavor and I honestly wasn't sure what to expect with the color but even though it's lightly tinted, it doesn't show up. Good if that's what you want, bad if you wanted a touch of color.

Overall, I would buy this again and it's just a good tube to keep in your purse or at your desk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this stuff. Absorbs nicely and tastes great. I like the original best..but I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's good. No complaints. Doesn't need to be reapplied often, like the original Burt's Bees Lip stuff.