July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by iceisa007

Love this!
It perfectly covers my face without being cakey and it doesn't make me breakout! Yeah! The only thing wrong with it is that the sifter doesn't allow much of the powder to get out. The tiny brush stuck to the top of the container is a little annoying, because I couldn't use another brush without using the globe-like lid. So that is a little ridiculous. But other than that, another great product from Physician's Formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by JillEbEEnz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't find a colour in this that matches my skin. Which is really unfortunate because I do like this stuff. Of all the powder foundations I've tried, this has been my favourite. It's great when you're in a hurry or don't want to spend a lot of time doing your make-up. The size is a little awkward for toting around. I find a lot of powder gets wasted during application, but you do get a lot of for what you pay for so I don't feel guilty. I would repurchase, but only if they came out with a lighter shade than what they currently have.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by MissTati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first mineral makeup purchase and I chose it because it said Talc-Free and I have used other PF products before. Within an hour my face felt tight and itchy/burning feeling. The colour kept darkening and it looked terrible. Then in the next few days I broke out with horrible cyctic acne that was very hard to treat. I retried this product 3 times and had the same result each time!! Now I'm using Everyday Minerals and my skin, the cyctic acne, and the red scarring is literally vanishing. Would not recommend using without doing a test patch first if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by pvsteph7

got it at target for $12, so not cheap. my first loose powder, so i'm not sure what to expect, but i do agree that it did nothing to control the oilies. i wore it alone (just over my moisturizer and sunscreen), didn't really notice any difference. then i used it to set my liq foundation, and only then, on my t-zone and forehead. that worked a bit better. just overall not amazing, and did not control my shine, so i'm going to keep looking. also, the brush that comes with it is a piece o crap, toss it immediately, it sheds when you even look at it. the little sifter top was ok, but it just takes up lots of room in my makeup bag b/c of the big bubble top where the brush was.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff....for about two weeks then it broke me out so badly. It took me a while to figure out that it was why I was breaking out. I had started using a new sunscreen (Bliss Superban) about the 2nd week into using this stuff and started to break out. Stopped using the Bliss, and continued using this, only to continue to have my nose assaulted by zits, (nose zits are SO HARD TO GET RID OF!!!) and my chin area covered with cystic acne. Like most mineral makeups, it has a filler in it to replace the talc and that makes ppl break out. I guess my skin likes talc because my old powder had talc and I never broke out before. Forget this stuff. I'm finding something else...even thought it really matched my skin color :('

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MzDollface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has a very sheer coverage, so if you're looking for medium to full coverage this is definetly not for you. Besides the fact that it has poor coverage, it does feel great on my skin it's as if I have no make up on at all, doesn't rub off on my clothes, doesn't smell, and it feels smooth when I touch my face. Since the coverage is so poor, I have to wear liquid foundation under it, but a little goes a long way after I apply the PF mineral. Overall I do like this product but gave it a 3 because the packaging is very bulky and later on in the day my face does get shiny and it does make me look pale/pasty in pictures. I wont buy it again because I believe I can find all those benefits plus actual coverage somehwere else. Like they say you get what you pay for and $10 is not going to give you coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

First some background information: I am Asian, have fair-medium, combination skin. I break out sometimes, usually around the time of my period - I would not consider my skin acne-prone (anymore - thank goodness!).

I started using PF Mineral Loose powder about 3 weeks ago. I use it about every other day since I don't like to wear too much makeup in general. Overall I think its a great product for the price. It can be applied sheer or heavier if you wanted more coverage. I do not use any foundation, I only use the powder for coverage and for me, the powder is enough. I love the way the powder evens out my skin tone and how light it feels on my skin. I took off one lippie because the brush sucks but for the price, you can't expect too much. I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by obliviondust

me:

my skin is usually rough and dry to the touch with some flaking in areas which is usually made worse and more noticable with any kind of make-up (primer, concealer, foundation, powders etc)...however, as the day progresses, my skin becomes oily and shiny in the t-zone.
this is super frustrating and i've found myself obsessively exfoliating and moisturizing and oil blotting usually every day through out the day.
when i take the time and get ready to go out on the town, i have a routine:
-cleansing and gently exfoliating
-moisturizing with a simple goat's milk lotion that has been working just as well, if not more so than any chemical packed facial moisturizer
-concealing with either Jane's 'No Show' concealer (which is brilliant and everyone should own it) or Benefit's 'Lemon-Aid'--which i lightly apply with an angled brush for just the right coverage and blending (which also has been working very well on any red areas)
-applying a very small amount of liquid foundation to even out my skin tone and cover my very visible pores on my cheeks and the sides of my nose (i use estee lauder Futurist age-resisting, and it does a great job of looking natural, hiding my pores and not looking cakey and too dry)
-after i finish prepping the canvas so-to-speak, i follow up with the the usual make-up application and i'm good to go and my skin looks flawless and great.
the only catch is that i must blot the oily spots once every so often and lightly dust those areas with a very small amount of powder (i use ben nye's translucent face powder which works very well with my skin)...of course, this isn't really a big deal and i should be content that i have finally found a routine that works well with my skin and looks great on me.

however, i'm always on the look out for something that could possibly work even better and help simplify my routine--especially when i wake up early in the morning for work and don't have time to do all that.

so...since summer is creeping up and the weather where i live is starting to get warmer, i decided on a whim, on a trip to rite aid, that i wanted to purchase a light, natural looking foundation that would be appropriate for this time of year.
i decided on buying a mineral powder--as i have never tried one before. i also assumed that being a powder, it might also help to hide my pores. i settled on the physician's formula mineral wear simply because i have used their products before with good results and it was a few dollars less expensive than the other products i saw--and i am a cheap b*stard.

the product:

later that day, i washed my face, moisturized, concealed a tiny bit and used the Mineral Wear...the packaging was confusing and bulky--but i didn't mind so much because i am so used to improvising with my make-up and the way i use it. though i purchased a color that seemed to match my skin tone, it came out making me look a little ruddier and more tan than i was expecting. and that was definitely a negative as i'm all about my very pale, slightly olive skin tone. i guess tan isn't even the right word....it just made my face look kind of dirty--especially after i put on even a tiny amount of blush. it dried my skin out a bit in areas, making for a little flakage. but it seemed to cover my pores decently, so i finished up and went out for walk and took pictures and whatnot. when i returned home a little more than an hour later, i noticed my skin just looked far darker than when i had left...just gross and dirty and shiny and the worst of it was, my pores looked like massive craters. i looked as though i had been through hell and back. or like i had just applied self-tanning lotion only to my face. when i uploaded all the pictures on my camera, the good quality of the pictures only disturbed me more because my pores were SO noticable.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

epilogue:

do not buy this. i expect it MIGHT work well on someone with basically perfect skin, who doesn't even need any kind of foundation to begin with....but if that's the case, what's the point?
had i simply done my usual routine, i would have looked fine and i would have had $10 to spend on a a few beers or something more enjoyable.
i'd feel to wasteful getting rid of this, so i suppose i will try to use it in the capacity of a body powder. but i'm not getting my hopes up, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by thevillageghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm allergic to Bare Minerals, but have such crazy skin the liquid or solid foundations break me out or turn my skin red. This doesn't. It covers very, very good on it's own, and the little brush that comes with it is great. The coverage lasts all day. I will definetly purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by TheGirlin14G

I bought this in a bind.. I went home from college for a weekend, and ended up forgetting my entire makeup bag, including my Bare Minerals, at home... Waste of $10. It made me break out really badly... but even if I hadn't broke out I don't think I'd have continued using it because the coverage wasn't great.