October 2, 2014 | 1422 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Foundation101

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PRODUCT: Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

COLOR: Creamy Natural is a good match with my yellow toned NC20 skin

COST: $ $12.99

DISCRIPTION: Mineral Makeup that contains no talc.

COVERAGE: Medium

SMELL: light powder smell

CONTAINER: Large and comes with a brush that's worthless. I'm using a different brush to apply the minerals because the brush it comes with is too rough and little. It comes in dome shaped container but you get a lot of product for your money. I apply it by putting mineral powder into the dome shaped lip and swirling my brush into it

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes. I used this as my foundation while going to a theme park on a hot humid day and my makeup stayed on. I usually use full coverage liquid foundations but this is great for the summer days when liquid foundation is a no can do. It stays on, even after a sweaty workout. great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Translucent Light, hoping that it would match my skin tone.... I tried the Creamy Natural a while ago and it was a tad to dark. I'm not sure if this is actually "translucent" because it gives light to medium coverage which is exacly what I wanted. And, the color is perfect! Finally, a mineral make up that comes ina color I can wear!

I had a long and arduous experience with Everyday Minerals. I loved the texture and finish that I got from it, but I couldn't seem to find a decent color match for my fair/light skin tone. I ordered sample kit after sample kit and I have finally given up... it's getting too expensive and I still haven't foudn the right color. As a company I love them, but the convienience of shoping at a Drug Store is soooo much easier. If the color isn't right, I just drive back to return it,a nd buy a new one..... I don't have to buy it, wait aweek to get it, be disappointed that the color isn't right, and then repeat the process with the next sample kit.

Okay, I'm ranting now :)

Past MM experiences aside, I have a new found love for the loose mineral wear powder from PF. It's feels light, is perfect for my sensitive, rosacea, break out prone skin, and I was able to find a good color match. The powder isn't shmmery, or too "reflective", and gives me a nice creamy matte finish that last for several hours. The price is decent for the amount of product and the quality. Very affordable.

ALSO... the packaging. I know it looks weird. I know it's a little bulky. And, I know that most people want somethign sleek and classy looking. Frankly I don't care about any of those things because the funny package that this stuff comes in makes it THE most clean and easy loose mineral powder to use imo. The brush is scratchy, and is best used for travelling and touch ups. At home in the morning I would recommend using a nicer kabuki, or what-have-you.

As you can tell, I'm very pleased with this product. It's exactly what I've been wanting in a mineral make up for a while: Quality, that's affordable and convenient.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by mandi00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is a bit weird,but that can be overlooked.This powder is very light and didnt turn my skin orange! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by iceisa007

Love this!
It perfectly covers my face without being cakey and it doesn't make me breakout! Yeah! The only thing wrong with it is that the sifter doesn't allow much of the powder to get out. The tiny brush stuck to the top of the container is a little annoying, because I couldn't use another brush without using the globe-like lid. So that is a little ridiculous. But other than that, another great product from Physician's Formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by JillEbEEnz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't find a colour in this that matches my skin. Which is really unfortunate because I do like this stuff. Of all the powder foundations I've tried, this has been my favourite. It's great when you're in a hurry or don't want to spend a lot of time doing your make-up. The size is a little awkward for toting around. I find a lot of powder gets wasted during application, but you do get a lot of for what you pay for so I don't feel guilty. I would repurchase, but only if they came out with a lighter shade than what they currently have.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by MissTati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first mineral makeup purchase and I chose it because it said Talc-Free and I have used other PF products before. Within an hour my face felt tight and itchy/burning feeling. The colour kept darkening and it looked terrible. Then in the next few days I broke out with horrible cyctic acne that was very hard to treat. I retried this product 3 times and had the same result each time!! Now I'm using Everyday Minerals and my skin, the cyctic acne, and the red scarring is literally vanishing. Would not recommend using without doing a test patch first if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by pvsteph7

got it at target for $12, so not cheap. my first loose powder, so i'm not sure what to expect, but i do agree that it did nothing to control the oilies. i wore it alone (just over my moisturizer and sunscreen), didn't really notice any difference. then i used it to set my liq foundation, and only then, on my t-zone and forehead. that worked a bit better. just overall not amazing, and did not control my shine, so i'm going to keep looking. also, the brush that comes with it is a piece o crap, toss it immediately, it sheds when you even look at it. the little sifter top was ok, but it just takes up lots of room in my makeup bag b/c of the big bubble top where the brush was.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff....for about two weeks then it broke me out so badly. It took me a while to figure out that it was why I was breaking out. I had started using a new sunscreen (Bliss Superban) about the 2nd week into using this stuff and started to break out. Stopped using the Bliss, and continued using this, only to continue to have my nose assaulted by zits, (nose zits are SO HARD TO GET RID OF!!!) and my chin area covered with cystic acne. Like most mineral makeups, it has a filler in it to replace the talc and that makes ppl break out. I guess my skin likes talc because my old powder had talc and I never broke out before. Forget this stuff. I'm finding something else...even thought it really matched my skin color :('

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MzDollface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has a very sheer coverage, so if you're looking for medium to full coverage this is definetly not for you. Besides the fact that it has poor coverage, it does feel great on my skin it's as if I have no make up on at all, doesn't rub off on my clothes, doesn't smell, and it feels smooth when I touch my face. Since the coverage is so poor, I have to wear liquid foundation under it, but a little goes a long way after I apply the PF mineral. Overall I do like this product but gave it a 3 because the packaging is very bulky and later on in the day my face does get shiny and it does make me look pale/pasty in pictures. I wont buy it again because I believe I can find all those benefits plus actual coverage somehwere else. Like they say you get what you pay for and $10 is not going to give you coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

First some background information: I am Asian, have fair-medium, combination skin. I break out sometimes, usually around the time of my period - I would not consider my skin acne-prone (anymore - thank goodness!).

I started using PF Mineral Loose powder about 3 weeks ago. I use it about every other day since I don't like to wear too much makeup in general. Overall I think its a great product for the price. It can be applied sheer or heavier if you wanted more coverage. I do not use any foundation, I only use the powder for coverage and for me, the powder is enough. I love the way the powder evens out my skin tone and how light it feels on my skin. I took off one lippie because the brush sucks but for the price, you can't expect too much. I would repurchase.