September 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by iKissingTheLipless

When I first started using this, about a month ago, I thought it was working nicely on my dry skin, and loved how soft my face felt after using it. About a week later, I noticed a pimple on my forehead and one above my lip (two places I never ever break out), and this was the only thing I had added to my regimen. Even though my skin is dry, I feel like the oils in this cause me to break out, and then the pimples get all peely and gross because of the dryness. I wish the lush lady had given me a sample size like I had asked for so I wouldn't have wasted $9.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I prefer to use this as an exfoliant and then use a very gentle cleanser afterwards as I don't much like the slight film of oil. I generally mash some baking soda in for a little extra exfoliation. It's reasonably pricey in NZ too. Overall I suppose it's ok but nothing fantastic. Some of the oil leaked out from the paper when it was in my bag on the way home which wasn't too nice. I keep it in one of the black pots I had a fresh mask in, and that seems to work ok.

Probably won't repurchase seeing as it's so expensive, I'll most likely go for Trilogy exfoliant next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Lakiwahine06

LOVE this product! I have combination skin. This is used as my morning cleanser. The smell isnt great, but after awhile you dont notice it. A little goes a long way. Take a pea sized amount in the palm of your hand, and rub into your palm with water to make a paste. Apply to your face in circular motions. It has i think pieces of almonds or something to that consistency, which makes for a great exfoliator. It tends to get a little messy, and isnt quick to just massage into your face and wash off. It doesnt take a little time to prepare and exfoliate. It leaves your skin so SOFT! I couldnt believe it. It is pricey, but for the amount that you get, it could last months! You can also ask for a certain amount whether by price or weight, and you can purchase it that way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a sample from Lush. I told the SA that I have very oily skin but it can be sensitive so she gave me a sample of this and aquamarina. Thinking back, I would have rather took a risk and got something to help me feel cleaner (herbalism, ocean salt, etc.). I really like things that lather so this didn't really make me feel clean. The smell is weird and it did make my face feel smooth, but I think it has oil in it so I think that's what is making my face soft, and my face is oily enough! I don't agree with the statement that cleansers shouldn't strip all of your natural oils out or you will overproduce oil- I've talked to many dermatologists who say that for me, it is a totally internal problem that is not affected by external products- but I'm basically just stating that I need something a little more drying becaause that is what it takes for me to feel clean. I would not buy or recommend this, but I suggest trying a sample because so many people seem to love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lillulu

I didn't really like this. I read some reviews and was excited to try it. it did nothing for me. I did not like the packaging. I was very disappointed in this product. I never got the right consistency with this product. It was a waste fo money for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by aastew

When I first used this I immediately loved it. It makes your skin so soft. Then, after about a week of using it every morning in the shower, my face started breaking out. I have combo skin. If you never have breakouts, this might feel very nice on your skin, but if you are prone to breakouts every now and then, I would say, Beware......

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by acheong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product almost daily. I guess it's supposed to be an exfoliater, but it's gentle enough for more frequent use. The ingredients are all natural, so it only lasts around 3 months. My latest purchase of this was the 3.5 oz size online, and I received it in a flimsy plastic box, with the lid taped down (1 lip off for packaging). I recommend putting the product in a better container. What I do is put a week's amount into a small black screw on container a LUSH store gave me when I got a sample of the cleanser. I like using this in the shower because it can get a little messy with the lavender bits. I get a pea size amount in my palm, sprinkle a tiny bit of water on it, and then mix/mash it so it's easier to spread on my face. :) My face always feels balanced (very clean, but not dry, which is what my skin tends to be) after cleansing with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LanaPalooza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this during my last visit to LUSH. I have semi-oily skin and tend to breakout if I don't use a cleanser that works for me. When I tried this out, I was left feeling oilier than before I started off. This is a very gentle cleanser and will be good for normal skin. My mother loves it! As for me, I'll stick to Herbalism. It works wonders! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by HollyScott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't feel like this cleaned my skin at all. I wear a decent amount of makeup and I guess my skin is kind of greasy at the end of the day. This didn't work well for me at all. I like a clean finish and AOBS did not give me that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked AOBS but I used mine more as a weekly face scrub/mask. I can't see using this as an every day cleanser. I used mine 2-3 times a week as a exfoilator and have not had any problems or break outs on my combination skin. I sometimes also would scrub it on my wet face and let it dry like a mask for for a few mins before I washed it off. You only need a tiny bit (pea sized) for you face so my jar lasted a long time too. The downside to this product is that it is messy and will drip down you arms if you use it in the sink. I've started to use mine in the shower and it's less of a problem and easier to rinse off. I'm holding off on getting this again.....I see that "Dark Angel" (for oily skin) has already hit the UK and want to try that next if it ever makes it's way over the pond.