LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 9/29/2009 3:09:00 PM

I use this in the shower. I let it melt a little in my palm and use as a scrub/cleansing treatment.
this does nothing for my skin. i still got my usual breakouts and other cleansers do just as good if not better. it leaves the tub dirty from all the 'natural' ingredients.

on 9/29/2009 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love Angels on bare skin! It cleans the skin without stripping your skin of natural oils, which I really like. I also love the packaging, and the smell.
Pros: cleans and moisturize the skin at the same time.
Cons: It's a bit messy to use. I will definately buy this again.

on 9/25/2009 2:56:00 PM

I went into LUSH a week ago and was looking for a cleanser. Having tried half of LUSH's cleansers, I am actually looking for the ones that I never tried before. The sales assistant is kind enough to give me a sample which lasted me almost a week. None the less, I went back for the actual size. I love that its a little scrubby but not too harsh that its actually scraping your face every wash. Although the SA thinks its a little oily for my fussy face ( ultrabland is too oily, fresh farmacy is too drying), i actually like it. It doesnt strip of the oil that was needed. Pre-mix it with water in another container and mix it with a little water everytime you use, its easier to make it into paste this way.

on 9/17/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using AOBS for a couple months now...and glad that I stuck through with it! Before, I had oily skin that was acne-prone for part of each month - even better, it was also constantly dry and flaky T_T.
I use AOBS twice a day and it's made my dry skin much softer, as well as lessened breakouts (not completely yet, but nearly there). Actually I rarely use moisturizer anymore because this product alone works fine for me, whereas I used to have to use lotion a couple times a day.
AOBS has worked wonderfully for me; I actually love the herbal scent (smells mostly like fennel to me) and am willing to disregard the packaging based on the performance of the product itself.

This is just from my own experience, but if you have combo oily/dry skin similar to mine, PLEASE try using a moisturizer and/or face soap for dry/sensitive skin. I've realized that my acne was caused by using too many acne products that dried out my skin, causing my face to overproduce oil. I wonder if many people think they have oily skin when the reality is they are worsening the condition of dry, sensitive skin with harsh acne products.

I loved this cleanser so much that I decided to try making my own and I am happy to say that it works just as well. The LUSH store is three hours away, I don't like to buy something online that has such a short shelf life, and I awlays end up spending more on their great products than I'd like to. I would have continued to buy it has my own almond, clay, and lavender cleanser experiment failed.

on 9/10/2009 7:35:00 AM

I love AOBS! I've used around 2kg of it now... and currently live in a country where LUSH does not have a store! Fail.

It cleans without stripping your skin of natural oils, which I really like, but I find help to clean better (on a bad oily face day) if I use something like Cetaphil and then wipe it off before I use AOBS. The smell is divine to me, I was really addicted to it when I first got it and could not stop smelling the product. The packaging is awful but you get used to it. I store mine in that paper from LUSH and a plastic baggie, with a portion I use in a glass jar :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i have only used a sample of this cleanser, but I have to say I love it. I am horrible about using a cleanser everyday, but Angels on Bare Skin is so refreshing and leaves my face feeling clean and wonderful. Sometimes it smells good, sometimes it smells a little weird, but I will definitely be buying a full size next time I go to Phoenix.

on 9/6/2009 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best skin cleanser I've tried to date. If you have normal to sensitive skin, this will work. If you have skin that's oily, it will not.

People complain about the packaging, smell, & that it's difficult to use. Quite honestly, I like that the packaging is environmentally friendly & can be disposed of in an equally environmentally friendly manner. It smells a little weird because it is made of natural ingredients & there is nothing synthetic in it to mask that. And in terms of difficulty of use-- if it means less packaging (& less impact on the environment) & no weird chemicals in what I'm putting on my skin, then I'm okay with something taking a little more time to use.

It contains almond to exfoliate & lavender to balance oil production in your face, which has really worked for me. My irritated red spots are gone, my skin is very smooth, my blackheads have almost disappeared, & my pores are shrinking. Most importantly, I know I'm not letting harsh chemicals & synthetic products seep into my skin.

on 9/3/2009 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a very generous sample of this with the BIG shampoo I ordered from Lush and while it did make my super acne prone skin soft it did not clean it. I felt like there was a layer of oil on my face. The grit isn't too bad and the smell is wonderful, but I would defenitely not use this again as I would anticipate some major pore-clogging, volcano causing residue to build up and that would not be pretty.

on 9/3/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this product is simply amazing!!! growing up as a teen, i virtually experienced no pimples, besides the common PMS pimples. growing up a young woman into my early 20's, i started developing pimples on my chin, both sides of my face, and my forehead. i even had a cystic acne pimple on my chin! talk about a frikin train wreck! and sometimes i swear it was over night. maybe hormones?

behold, i looked into LUSH products! i went in wanting to buy dark angels, but after the girl demonstrated it, it was way too messy because it was black, so i got angels on bare skin instead!

this is simply AMAZING and a god send! ive been using it for 2 weeks, and it has improved my skin ssoo much! my pimples are disappearing, my pores are tighter, and i have virtually no oil on my face by the end of the day (and i even work in an area where i cook and it could get very hot).

people say this is messy, but i don't think it's messy at all honestly! if you put enough water and make the right consistency (i make it into a thin paste), it doesn't fall your skin, or onto the sink.

the fragrance could be pretty strong. it doesn't smell that bad, and it smells quite refreshing on your face!

EDIT after i finished the whole container, switched over to a new product that i liked more. however, i am now out of that product and began using LUSH again. I switched over to herbalism which i like more for controlling oil.