Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/8/2011 3:49:00 PM

hello everyone! My grand mother and my mother have been using Nivea creme for all their life and they have a beautiful skin! the people ask them: what creme do you use?.... and now i am using it and i'm very happy because my pimples, blemishes, and spots have been improving, so i hope have a beutiful skin too!.... it has two ingredients that kill the bacterias and fungis etc... so really works!

on 2/8/2011 12:07:00 AM

I am the only one who likes the Mexican formulation I think. It has a thick souffle' texture and is lighter than the European version.

The Mexican made Nivea has a "watery" feel once you start massaging it into the skin. I like this!

I do not experience a greasy feeling on the skin like I have with the Euro one and other Biersdorf body products.

I get the 13.5 oz glass jar from Walmart which looks nice on my counter. The only complaint I have with this packaging is that the top is pretty flimsy and a lighter blue than the rest of the jar.

With the extremely dry weather and sub zero temperatures here in the Rockies, this creme takes care of the itchiness I get all over. I enjoy the classic fragrance too.

I'm not sure why folks are putting this on their faces and then reviewing it badly when they get cystic acne from it... lol.

HG status, really inexpensive. Will continue to repurchase!

on 2/7/2011 12:05:00 AM

This is the greatest cream I have ever used. I have tins of this all over the house and use it everyday. For me, it's best for hands, elbows, and feet; I would never put this on my face. For body, I find the lotion is better, but I am definitely a lifelong Nivea fan, I have used this since my mom first introduced me to it when I was young. I have tried other hand creams that are good but I always come back to this, nothing actually beats Nivea. It's definitely a HG product for me.

on 2/6/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm in love with Nivea Creme! I'm always barefoot so I have really dry/cracked heels and this works wonders on them. They're baby soft and super smooth. Would recommend this to anyone.

on 2/6/2011 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I feel that most of the negative reviews for this product come from improper use. This is best as a body moisturizer, NOT a face moisturizer. With petrolatum, paraffin, mineral oil, lanolin, and glycerin, this is clearly not an ideal face moisturizer. (I don't care what the makers of CrŤme de la mer thinks!)

Although I have not tried the German-made version of this cream, I am absolutely in love with this as a body moisturizer. The German version is missing two preservative ingredients that are in the Mexican cream: methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone, both of which are banned in the European Union. A lot of preservative ingredients are known skin irritants, which could explain the vast disparity of opinion on this product. (I've noticed those from Europe reviewing this much more favorably than those from North America using the Mexican-made Nivea Creme.) A friend is getting the German-made version for me from France and I will update with my thoughts on that one in comparison once I receive it.

I personally love this product and after trying it, it is a must-have item in my body skincare routine. Behind the heavy texture, there lies the best moisturizer I have ever tried. Warming it up between your fingers definitely helps with application. It gets 'liquified' into a thinner cream and becomes much easier to rub on. Don't worry about the film left behind on the skin. It WILL get absorbed without you continuing to rub it in. For this reason, I prefer to apply this cream after the shower before I go to sleep. I ALWAYS wake up with non-greasy, soft, and supple skin all over my body.

The packaging and the scent are both fantastic, in my opinion but I can understand why people would find the scent irritating and the tin/jar unhygienic. I personally like the classic feminine scent as it reminds me of glam Hollywood actresses such as Joan Crawford, Blanche Sweet, and the like. I also like the retro tin packaging as it brings forward the same nostalgia as the scent and I don't think the tube packaging is as effective given the heavy texture of this cream. The price is unbeatable. I can typically find a 200mL jar for only $5 CAD at the drugstore.

There's a good reason why this cream continues to be used despite having been around since 1911. This cream was used by soldiers (and their wives) through both World Wars. This was a revolutionary product at the time since it was the first to have a stable water-in-oil emulsifier in a skin cream. This changed the world of skincare! Even if you don't like this cream, you should at least appreciate its important place in cosmetics history.

To expect this product to be anything other than a moisturizer would be unfair, for Nivea Creme claims to be nothing more than a great moisturizer and it does that amazingly well.

I hope this review has helped those of you interested in trying this out and I hope this product will be as wonderful to you as it has been to me. :)

on 2/5/2011 9:25:00 AM

I cannot explain to you how much I loved this cream the first six months I used it. I have combination skin that tends to be more on the dry side. For the past two months I have had the worst breakouts of my life. Deep, painful, cystic acne spots. I blamed everything else, but my nivea. This week, in a last attempt, I switched back to my cetaphil lotion and I can already see the improvement in my skin. Any new spots I saw forming have stopped in their tracks and the hyperpigmentation of the old ones are finally starting to fade with a little exfoliation. While I will use this creme on my legs, hands, whatever, it will NEVER be used on my face again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good for very tough, dry spots on skin. I like it on my feet actually. I dislike the smell however and it's a little too greasy/thick for all purpose use I think.

on 2/3/2011 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love Nivea Creme! I decided to purchase this product after reading the good reviews here and I am so glad I did it! I use it for both face and body. I have combination skin whereas in summer my T-zone is oily and in winter my U-zone gets completely dry and even flaky sometimes. I walk to work a lot (I live in Geneva, Switzerland) and the cold wind from the lake makes my face so dried. Only two days after using Nivea Creme, my skin is now soft and healthy again! I only use it as my night cream since it is too thick for day time (it will be difficult for your make up to stay). By the way, I usually get acne easily and was quite skeptical. However, there is no breakout at all :-) My husband from Austria said that they used to (and still often) use this cream for babies and that his grandmother used it for everything (and she looks much younger than her age). I have tried many expensive night moisturizers before (la Mer is also on that list) but Nivea is exceptionally brilliant! I admit that la Mer liquidize better but when you compare the prices, a little extra effort isnít so bad. The cream is very thick but it melts well into my skin. I get it in German version and it has no preservative. I highly recommend this product! (P.S. I donít know if Iíll use this in summer though. It is quite heavy but Iíll try anyway).

on 1/23/2011 9:47:00 PM

I always have very dry skin on my face in winter and am always looking for a good moisturizer. After reading really good reviews on MUA, I bought this creme. It seems okay at first, but then a couple of days after applying it I completely break out. I can see the clogged pores all over my face and it is really awful!

I have tried it on more than one occasion, being convinced that it must be hormones or something else that was making my face break out like that... since everyone else has given this creme such good reviews. It's definitely the creme.

on 1/16/2011 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this product! I'm Portuguese so this review will be for the German Nivea. For me,this cr-eam is a multi-tasquer. Here is what I use it for:
- my hands/feet at night or when they are too dry.
- my face at night, the next morning my skin is glowing
- I also use it as a makeup remover when I'm on a budget
- on my knees/elbows or other areas that need the extra attention.

There aren't enough words for me to praise this product! For all the people that said it was too greasy/thick, when I use it on my face I lightly dab it on my face and spread. If you use more your skin will look like a grease ball.