April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by welldressed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this every night after I've washed and moisturised my face with my normal moisturiser. I dot this on my eye area and any dry bits.

When my skin has been battered by snow and icy winds, or during the summer when it's seen a bit too much sun and needs lots of moisture I have been known just to put it all over my face and let any residue just sink in over night. My own little face-saver!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sowen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great scent and packaging for bringing back memories, but this product should have been left in the past.

it's thick and greasy, sticks to everything, and leaves your skin shiny/oily-looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by needsmoremakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased the $1 tin on a whim at the drug store purely because of the gorgeous celestial heart design. Little did I know what a treasure I had found! This is such a luxurious moisturizer! Silky, non greasy and wonderful lemon rose scent. Wonderful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by shanggulovexO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

update: i use cetaphil cream during the day now under a SS because i've switched my routine to include tazorac at night and panoxyl 10% BP foaming face wash during the day and nivea just doesn't provide enough moisture.

Years ago my aunt had offered me nivea creme as a moisturizer for my hands and i thought it was thick and hard to spread. I could never imagine putting something so thick on my face but after having read the reviews here on MUA about the wonderful moisture it provides without causing breakouts i had to try it. I started off with the small $1.00 tin in case i didnt like it but 3 tins and 1 tub later im in love. i go through rough times once in awhile(DRY, SCALY, and ULTRA SENSTIVE) and during this time nivea creme is literally the only thing other than water that can touch my face.

The product itself comes in a small tin or a large tub, either of which will last much longer than you would expect. It has a fresh lemon/cream (imo, i could be wrong) scent that is very light and if anything, pleasant. I warm just a small amount between my fingers before i put on my skin because it is a little difficult to spread. I use this product all over my face, even around my eyes with no sensitivity problems at all. The cream takes about a minute to absorb completely and leaves a nice, not shiny glow.

While i do love this product, i use it as a daytime moisturizer. I don't use any sun protection (spf) on my face (shame on me, i know) so i can't tell you how it would react in addition to one. However, alone or under makeup (m/u goes on smoothly over this) this is definitely my HG daytime moisturizer. I've tried using this at night but because of the conditions of my room and nighttime weather in my area i feel i need something that provides more moisture.

Anyway, i hope this helps. Sorry for the length.

EDIT: this works well during the winter too but i try to avoid BP during that time so it may not be moisturizing enough for some around that time but it is definitely perfect for summer! before using this i was using CeraVe Cream which was not as moisturizing and did not absorb into my skin and made it extremely difficult to apply liquid foundation over. Nivea is an even better night moisturizer than cerave cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nivea Creme moisturizer is REALLY good for dry skin. I just recently traveled to Germany and, for some reason, got extremely dry, flakey skin. Nivea products are pretty much sold everywhere there, so I decided to get a tin of this product. And it worked wonders. All of my dry skin is now gone from my face. However, I did not use it all over my face (just my dry spots) bc the creme is slightly heavy and it has a pretty strong floral almost perfume-like smell. This creme does not cause break outs or make my oily. So the only complaints I would have would be the packaging and the strong scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really have little to offer that has not been said in praise of this fantastic little drug store find. I read the reviews over the weekend, and purchased it on Saturday for $5 at Target, packaged in a 6.8 oz. tub. After years and years of using high end products, I can spot the hype but if I can't see the results, I am returning it...particularly Estee Lauder. So, I haven't seemed to pile enough moisturizer on my neck to make it appear moist and supple. This works fantastically well. I applied a very sparing amount to my face and heels, and it's like magic. Moisturized, soft, supple, and LOOKS better. Around my eyes, no burning. Soft. You get the picture. The consistency is like a stiff frosting. I tap the length of my finger into the product and apply from there. It seems to be an old-fashioned product with a bit of an old-fashioned fragrance. I don't care. High priced hype doesn't give me results. This does. I wish you could see my moist cheeks and heels. It's pretty amazing, and it's been sitting quietly on the shelves all this time while the $50 jars have been screaming. I'll continue to re-buy, over and over.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have seen many reviews and comments on mua in general that state this is a dupe for Creme De La Mer, so when I discovered an unopened tin in my dh's drawer, I was delighted. For reference, my skin is dry/sensitive NW25. I am 37. I was almost finished with my first jar of CdlM (given to me gratis by a friend in the cosmetics biz), so I was intrigued to see if the Nivea was indeed a dupe. Even though CdlM is a nice product, I was not wowed enough to willingly fork out $130 USD, as I felt it could probably be duped or one could get the same effects with a cheap drugstore alternative. I was correct. Having gone through a full 30 ml jar of CdlM, I can tell you that the Nivea Creme (in the tin only, made in Germany formula, I can't speak for other formulas or packaging) is not an exact dupe, but it comes pretty darned close. The texture of the Nivea is not as thick and pasty as the CdlM, which actually is a plus for me, since I found having to emulsify the CdlM before applying it to be tedious. Other than that, the formulas are pretty much identical, right down to the scent. Nivea does not irritate my hypersensitive skin, and it provides an excellent amount of moisture for a regular night time cream. It leaves a slightly greasy finish on my skin, and takes some time to soak in, which may bother those with oily skin if they apply it to their face. Other than that, there's really nothing super exciting and special about this product. However, if you're in the market for an inexpensive CdlM dupe, this product should do nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by kerish345

Just tried this product for the first time. I was taken aback with how thick it is....I just assumed the one I got was just super thinck until I read other reviews.
I must say although it is thick after rubbing it between my palms to warm it a bit it goes on easy enough. The result was instant! My skin looks amazingly shine but not greasy. I will definately try this out wth my new "shiny summer face" makeup that I plan on rocking.
The smell was somewhat strong for me.This being that I have allergies and most scents get it going.After 4 minutes the strong smell was gone.
I use the Nivea soft as a hand lotion it is also great.
>>>I took one lipy off bcus its so thick!!(my hands are tiny and weak..the jar was kinda hard to open )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I first started using this when I was at school in New York. I was looking for a cheap & effective drugstore face moisturiser for fall & winter (I used it in spring too), and got this after reading reviews on MUA. It was excellent as both a night cream - a thin layer was all I needed for the dryness on my cheeks & around my nose and mouth, and to protect my skin against chilly winds. (I'd use my tinted moisturiser for day.) I don't know how this feels under foundation, but I'd certainly recommend this for night. Now that I'm back in my tropical home country, I find this product a bit heavy for the face, but I'm using up the one I bought as a foot cream. I bought the tube version so I've given the packaging a 4, but when that's gone I'll be breaking out the tub I asked a family member to get for me when she was in the US. I intend to get another tube of this stuff to protect my face if I visit a temperate climate during the colder seasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by imagin4sian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great! Made my legs super soft with just one use.