Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I am used to cetaphil moisturising cream which I apply at night, that was when I'm in the Philippines. But when I came in Australia, my skin got very dry in winter, I still used cetaphil moisturiser but it gave me break outs. Now, there was this lady I met who gave me this Nivea creme (because she got two tins and she needs to rid some extra stuffs anyway)... even if I don't really have the intention, I took it anyway coz' it's free! lol!.... After some time, my pimples got worse so I stopped using cetaphil then my face gradually returned to normal but then my face got so dry so I end up using Cetaphil again, then I got new break outs... so in the end I saw Nivea creme and even if I'm skeptic about this stuff... feeling helpless just to change my cetaphil moisturiser, I used it anyway. And voila!!! I am so thankful to the lady who gave this to me. It is so moisturising that even waking up in the morning, my face doesn't feel tight. I followed the advice here to just dab a small amount all over the face then apply evenly.

I didn't know the difference between the Mexican and European made cream, but since reading this site I just ordered some German made from Amazon. This cream is AMAZING!!!!! It is the only thing I have ever used on my feet that keeps the dry heels and crack from showing up. Most moisturizers and creams that I apply after showering at night just don't work. By morning, I have the dry skin back on my heels. If I use Nivea cream, I just don't have that problem. I have started alternating CeraVe and Nivea on my face at night. I figure if it works on my feet like that, it sure can't hurt my face.

Thick but gets absorbed into skin quickly. Heals dry hands quickly too. My absolute go to after a night of drinks for my hands. However Im not a fan of the scent though. Will repurchase after it runs out though. I like the tin though, easy to remove in the dark haha

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am suffering from Keratosis pilaris and i have (like so many others) tried everything in the market for kp. And then i saw this at my local drugstore and i thought, why not give it af try. I do still need af new bodylotion for my legs. I went home and tried it on my legs and the day after they where sooo smooth. And then i tried it on my arms and in the beginning i didn't see much of a difference but i continued because my arms where getting softer, and about one and a half week later i noticed a difference. My kp is literally gone :DD and im soooo happy, plus my legs has never been smoother :))) i would definitely recommend this to others.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

*HG*

Okay, where do I begin on how much I LOVE this stuff? I first saw the legendary and classic tin as a kid at home when my grandmas would use it and ever since then I've always associated the smell of this creme with my childhood. I'm South Asian (Pakistani) and we always got the German version so now that there is only the Mexican version being sold here in the US, I always order mine from overseas.

Why I LOVE it: Let me start off by saying that I've always used the Made in Germany formula since day 1.This stuff smells AMAZING. It is subtle and sophisticated and light but very "rich", if that makes sense. Then there is the gorgeous navy tin. I love the packaging and the tin; they are classics and sleek.

Now for the actual creme itself. The creme is rich and thick and although I have combo-skin, I love putting this on my face as a night cream. BUT there are many more uses to it because I put this under my concealer to help blend it away easier, I use this on dry patches on my face, I even use this on my lips. When the glossy eyeshadows were all the rage, I actually used a bit of Nivea over my e/s to create the glossy effect. This is amazing for the colder/dryer months since it takes a while to rub in and absorb but once it is, aside from the gorgeous lingering scent it is NOT greasy and makes your skin feel soft and supple. This also works wonderful as a makeup remover as well as for cracked heels and knees, dry elbows, around your cuticles and even as a cheek highlighter. Yes, as a cheek highlighter. All I do is just dab a bit on the tops of my cheekbones and smooth it out until I get a subtle sheen.

This stuff is absolutely the best kind of cream I have ever used and I totally understand why this has legendary status. I will NEVER stop using this, ever. I keep a tin by my bed, in my purse and one on my vanity. LOVE THIS STUFF!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This creme is actually quite good. I bought this a few months ago at the beginning of winter [ i live in australia so the winters are not that cold, but quite drying ] and used it as a body cream.
Pros:
It is relatively cheap
It moisturizes really well
Has decent smell
Last AGES

Cons
It has a thick and weird consistency [almost like sunscreen and slightly chalky...yet...a little greasy?]
It is hard to rub in
It had weird little pools of water on it when i first opened it...then it got better after a few uses

overall:
Look, this is a GOOD moisturizer. I find it too heavy/thick to use on my face though i do use it sometimes as a facial night cream when i have really dry skin. [which is almost never, but still] I also use it as a night cream daily all over my body and it works really well.
Bottom line: if you want a good moisturizer and you are prepared to spend an extra minute rubbing it it, it's awesome. Mind you, it is THICK and sensitive skin might get quite agitated from all the rubbing [the formula itself is quite hypoallergenic]
But personally i prefer nivea soft as it is just lighter and more suited to my skin type and the weather here.
Will keep using until I run out, but I won't repurchase it.
ps: it's also a brilliant hand cream!

this is not a dupe for la mer. cdlm may be crazy expensive but it is the best moisturizer I`ve ever tried (and I`ve tried a lot). I`m from germany and I love the nivea cream (because of its scent, it reminds me of childhood). on my body. but as soon as I put it on my face I get breakouts everywhere. I only use it on dry parts of my body when I`m totally broke and can`t afford anything better like argan oil or pure shea butter. it works ok but somehow sits on top of my skin, leaves a weird layer. I don`t understand the hype about this cream in the USA.

I don't really understand the rare reviews this product gets. First of all, you can't really blend it in. You have to rub and rub and rub, which I don't think is very good for you skin. Also, if your skin is even slightly wet, and you're on the go, there's no way you'll be able to blend it in. It will just sit atop of your skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

There is a blue glass tub of Nivea on my nightstand, a dinky plastic one in my sock drawer and at least one or two of the 99-cent tins in every bag and purse I own. It soothes my Asperger's irritated skin and the smell is unobtrusive, even during migraines. Also it doesn't make my skin feel ashy/greasy the way vaseline can.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Let me tell you something strange ,when I was a kid my father used nivea creme a lot,one day I tried to use it on my hands,but my mum didn't let me saying it will make your hands dark!!
Now after 20 years I have a jar of nivea creme,nivea soft and Q10 day,and I use all of them on my hands ,the last time I used the Q10 day my sister told me my hands has become olive and somehow dark!! I immediatley rememberd my mum and actually she was right!believe me,once you use nivea creme or Q10 day cream look at your face or hands carefully; for about half and hour they will be 1 or 2 grade darker,especialy if you have a medium or olive skin tone.