Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/27/2011 10:23:00 PM

I used to use this on my face because of friend of my recommeded it. WHY?! I definitely wouldn't recommend this as a facial moisturizer. It does okay, but on me I found that it made my face oily. As a body moisturizer is was less than average. It felt nice when I applied it, but 30 mins. later my skin felt dry again.

on 2/27/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this creme many years ago "when I was younger in my 20's", back then, I found it too rich for my skin type. Now, years later, I am in my early 40's. My skin has been going through changes and feels very dry, especially this harsh Canadian winter we are having. I tried many high end creams, still feel dryness for my face.
I then remember this thick creme from many years ago. So I went to my local drug stores and purchased a tube. I used it as a night cream and worked well. Does it job of moisturzing even it is harder to spread due to its thick texture. I read the label of this tube, and it stated that this is made in Mexico (the US formula).

I then went another local drug store, and decided to purchase the huge size creme in the big blue tin, since that one is made in Germany. I want to know the difference.

Results: The German version is much creamier, easier to spread. The US formula is slightly waxier and harder to spread. They both smell the same to me. I enjoyed the German version better. I have a friend who will travel to Europe in June, I'm going to get him to buy a tin of the German formula Creme for me! They sell this everywhere in Europe.

Definitely a good product to use for harsh Winter! The price is very reasonable for such big tin (almost a tub size)- Canadian Dollars $14.99 + tax. A little goes a long way!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I never knew that Nivea creme was a German product. I thought it was manufactured in Austria. There is a difference in the consistency of the US brand and the European brand. The European Nivea is by far better then what you can purchase in the US. I love Nivea ! My husband who is from Europe has used this for years. It is a wonderful product. Girls save your money, don't buy expensive creams, buy Nivea creme in the little blue jar.

on 2/20/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Finally bought a little tin of nivea for my purse - I really needed something heavy duty for my cuticles - they peel during the winter months.

My hands are most supple and soft they've felt all winter. A dime sized dollop of creme on each hand moisturized completely for hours and hours. I like the think consistency and the powdery old-fashioned fragrance. Would be fantastic on heels, elbows and knees - anywhere very dry.

I don't think I will use this on my face. It is very thick and a tad greasy. It's a sort of thicker Ponds cold creme and I know mineral oil puffs me up like a blowfish. Additionally, I don't even want to know what the preservatives, microcrystalline wax, and aluminum and magnesium stearates will do to my latent cystic acne. I have a few more "natural" moisturizers that use plant instead of mineral oils for facial dry patches.

on 2/20/2011 4:54:00 AM

This saved my life! I have oily- combination skin, and was fustrated with acne problems. I found that toner was not good for me because it dried out my skin and thus made it more oily. More oily = more acnes. The key is keep my skin well-moisturized, and this (I use the German one) is very moisturizing. Only use it at night tho, and my face will feel very soft, smooth, and healthy in the morning. After a few weeks or so, I already saw the difference, my face started to clear up. I don't recommend this for morning routine because it can get greasy during the day as you sweat and produce more oil. I've been using this for about a year already, haven't even finished my 150ml tin. It's very thick, so just need a pea size for a whole face. Put a dot on cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin, and let it sit for a half a minute to warm out first for easier blending. It has some scent in it, at first I felt that it was strong, but I get used to it, it's quite a nice floraly scent, tho. I usually buy mine at Amazon.com for about 15 bucks or so, or swap for it. The ones made in Mexico is available at every drugstore for just a dollar (smaller tin). I've never used the Mexico ones, so can't make a comparison. The German one has mineral oil too, it's Paraffinum Liquidum, just want to clarify that because a lot of people thought it didn't have mineral oil like the Mexico ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I suppose I have the travel size of this because it is teeny weeny, but I love this product. I use it as an eye cream because I don't have undereye circles/puffiness - all I need it moisture. It's wonderful for that and in the winter I'll use it on my dry spots.
A little goes a long way!

on 2/11/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this cream recently on a snowboarding trip when I realized I brought the wrong moisturizer with me (one that really didn't moisturize). I got it for $1 in the travel section at Walgreens. It is very think and perfect if you REALLY need hydration, but for daily use it was a little too much for me. I used it sparingly so I would not break out more, since I was still having a break out on my lower cheeks and chin. I will say this would be an ideal cream for keeping your face hydrated after a chemical peel. I recently did a Jessner's peel combined with a TCA peel and the moisturizer that came with my Jessner's peel was not moisturizing enough. I will use this Nivea cream next time.

on 2/11/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The best heavy duty moisturizer I've ever used - at least the German formulation is. I've never tried the one typically sold in the States.
I have sensitive skin that is prone to acne every now and again, specifically one week out of the month. A lot of the moisturizers I've tried, and continue to try, sting and/or turn my skin red because I have a fair amount of sensitivities to some fragrances. With this there's no burning and my skin feels great and free of little dry skin flakes. Yes, it's very thick but that doesn't bother me because the areas of my facial and body skin that I use this on are bone dry. It does take a bit for my skin to absorb all of it but, again, that doesn't bother me. I'm so happy with this product!

on 2/9/2011 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My Dad, who is 65 has used this as a masque, 3 or 4 times a week all his life and has the skin of a 35/40 year old! This was all the recommendation I needed and now use it regularly as a night cream and as an eye moisturiser and it has improved the texture of my skin no end. My wrinkles are far less noticeable and my skin softer. Wish I had started using this sooner, in my early 20's! Dirt cheap and will never again use an expensive cream.

on 2/8/2011 3:49:00 PM

hello everyone! My grand mother and my mother have been using Nivea creme for all their life and they have a beautiful skin! the people ask them: what creme do you use?.... and now i am using it and i'm very happy because my pimples, blemishes, and spots have been improving, so i hope have a beutiful skin too!.... it has two ingredients that kill the bacterias and fungis etc... so really works!