Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 3/28/2011 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Edit on 04/15/11: This started breaking me out. I won't use it again.

I used this all over my face as a moisturizer and it did not work for me. When I woke up my face did not feel soft, but waxy. It was hard to wash off. And it made the area around my eyes puffy and more wrinkly. With that being said, I recently tried Creme De La Mer and they are very similar in consistency and scent. Creme De La Mer cured my dry skin, but broke me out. One day I had this great idea to use my regular moisturizer after cleansing and just apply Nivea Creme to the areas where my face was extremely dry and flaky. Worked like a charm. I bought the small one that comes in a tin like can at Walgreens for 99 cents. What a bargain.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has been my HG product forever! I use it as a lotion, body butter, moisturizer, basically a lot of things! It's natural and smells great!

on 3/23/2011 8:46:00 AM

this is great for my dry skin! it really moisturizes my face without leaving it greasy. it is thick, white and creamy and is just an amazing beauty product to use on your skin daily, just during winter or when you just want to give your skin that extra moisture it may be lacking. every woman should have this!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! Can't go without it. I use this on my hands, feet, elbows, basically anywhere that needs extra moisture. Its very thick but I don't mind, the results are phenomenal. I even use a small amount under my eyes when my eye cream just ain't cutting it. It plumps out my fine lines and prepairs my under eye area for a smooth application of makeup. I will buy this forever!

on 3/8/2011 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Heaven on the body, horror on the face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I was nervous to try it since everyone complains about the American version but this is one of the onlllllyy products that I've found that deep moisturizes without clogging my pores or breaks me out. really love this as an eye cream and as a moisturizer for the face everyone in a while when I'm feeling extra dry. I look forward to trying the German version!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this silky hand creme! It keeps my hands smooth and soft. The nifty small tin is adorable and fits perfectly in my purse mu bag. Great compact size for travel!

on 3/3/2011 8:04:00 PM

Purchased this in tube form, made in Mexico and it is just as good as the one made in Germany (which I have in tub form). It has a bit more waxiness to it, making it slightly more difficult to rub into the skin but nothing that takes away from it's moisturizing capabilities. I like to keep this in my purse or car as it works well for rough elbows, knees, heels and hands in a pinch. I've also used this for the kids' as hot weather and rubber sandals can cause blisters; this creates a nice barrier when bandaids and blister sticks aren't on hand.

Dirt cheap at $2.99 CDN.

on 3/1/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EDIT 15th February 2013: No longer use this. I alternate between Avene Cleanance Lotion and pure jojoba oil for moisturization for my combo/normal skin. The reason is because about a month after I started using this, I broke out in pimples and flesh colored bumps - sure sign of clogged pores. So, no go for me.

This is a surprisingly wonderful product. I wouldn't have bought it to moisturize my face if it wasn't for MUA reviews, and in all honesty the packaging doesn't stand out for me in a drugstore despite the fact that I love retro looking things. Superficial things aside, it does an amazing job with my face. My skin is... confused, to say the least. I live in a tropical country, high heat and humidity, and my sensitive skin is normal to oily, especially around the nose area. It's always a grease pan in the afternoon. And the strange thing is, it flakes around my nose, the area between my brows and around my mouth like dry skin. There was a discussion last time about how normal, dry and oily skin classifications do not cover all. There's another one: dehydrated oily skin. So, before I discovered Nivea Creme, I was using a lightweight Sukin natural moisturizer and covered all the flaking areas with Vaseline. I know it doesn't moisturize, just trapping moisture in. When I heard that this is "poor man's La Mer", I just had to try it. What do I have to lose? It's so cheap! The tin is cute, but the lid is flimsy and pops open way too easily. I prefer a screw on lid, so much secure that way. I moisturize at night using Sukin as usual, and with a damp hand, rub a little bit of Nivea creme on my palms and pat it on. It does take a while to sink in but compared to Vaseline, this is a huge improvement! And the flaking bits around my nose, mouth and forehead? Gone. I couldn't believe it. My nose is still oily during the day but I don't mind. As long as it gets rid of the flakies I'm happy. Overall, it leaves my skin so smooth and velvety after it'd truly absorbed into the skin. A few days later I did get a zit or two, but I zapped them using Avon's Clearskin spot remover, and ever since then no more zits. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin too. And the smell is divine. :) I think it can be too strong for some but personally I find it very calming. Btw, I only use this at night, during the day it would've been too rich. Excellent product, overall. :) LOVE!

Edit to add: I stopped using this. It wouldn't stop giving me zits around my mouth for some reason, and after a while the zits left dark marks - NOT attractive! I'll use it as a body lotion so it's not wasted. I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 2/27/2011 10:23:00 PM

I used to use this on my face because of friend of my recommeded it. WHY?! I definitely wouldn't recommend this as a facial moisturizer. It does okay, but on me I found that it made my face oily. As a body moisturizer is was less than average. It felt nice when I applied it, but 30 mins. later my skin felt dry again.