April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

in my recent trip to london, i remembered everyone raving about this so of course, had to pick up a jar. it was around 2, maybe 3 pounds at boots for a huge 200mL jar. i had brought it home and didn't really use it. the other day my skin started to get pretty dry, as it does every so often. i usually clarisonic and put on my regular moisturizer which helps a bit, but the flakiness still comes back in a day or so. i clarisonic-ed and put this on my face before going to bed. woke up and my face was as smooth as a babys butt. literally. i compared. but in all honesty, it made my skin feel AMAZING. i'm not sure what the difference is between the european version and the us version of this, but next time i'm in london i'll definitely be purchasing more of this to bring home. gotta use it sparingly for the next year or so!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product as a face moisturizer and luckily it does not irritate my very sensitive skin. After a shower and during winter my skin is awfully try so this thick moisturizer does the job. It has a pleasant smell and I like its simple, jar packaging. My only problem with it is that if you apply a generous amount your face looks greasy like you've just run a marathon, and it doesn't rub into my skin well it seems to just sit on the surface. However, when I wake up in the morning my skin feels great. I wouldn't recommend this as a moisturizer to use at the start of your day, as it sometimes takes a few hours for it too completely absorb. If your skin however is very dry in the morning, it is OKAY to use as a base under make up :) I will continue to use this product, so far the one jar I have purchased has lasted me over three months!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Nivea Creme so, so much. I've been using it on my feet for years and it's amazing how it can make scaly, peeling skin soft and supple overnight. Recently I began nuking my face twice a day with a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream and when my regular lightweight moisturizer couldn't keep up, I decided to try this on my face -- and it's amazing there too. It's never broken me out and always makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. (Although to be fair, it would be pretty hard to break me out right now what with the aforementioned benzoyl peroxide nuking.) I can use it around my eyes with no issues whatsoever. And it's dirt cheap! My only complaint is the fragrance. I really, really wish this product came unscented. It it did, that would be my HG moisturizer and Nivea would have me as a customer for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Ever84

I really like this product. It is not my favorite facial moisturizer but it does work nicely. It's very rich and works well for my dry olive toned skin. My all time fav is jojoba oil. However, I like this better than cetaphil. I had the cetaphil "jar" lotion for the face and it made me break out because I didn't realize "me" sticking my hand in the jar is just putting bacteria in the jar...which in turn when I put more lotion on my face the next time caused some serious breakouts for me which never happens. I like how the Nivea creme gives you the option of a tube or a pot/jar and if anything with "jar" typed of products use Q-tips to scoop out the product with do you are not putting dirt and bacteria into your products. Just a little trick I picked up...Yes I would repurchase this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too thick and smells awful! I got this for $1.99 to stick it in my purse for when I need to moisturize my hands, I like the tin packaging it comes in but the lotion just sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by welldressed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this every night after I've washed and moisturised my face with my normal moisturiser. I dot this on my eye area and any dry bits.

When my skin has been battered by snow and icy winds, or during the summer when it's seen a bit too much sun and needs lots of moisture I have been known just to put it all over my face and let any residue just sink in over night. My own little face-saver!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sowen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great scent and packaging for bringing back memories, but this product should have been left in the past.

it's thick and greasy, sticks to everything, and leaves your skin shiny/oily-looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by needsmoremakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased the $1 tin on a whim at the drug store purely because of the gorgeous celestial heart design. Little did I know what a treasure I had found! This is such a luxurious moisturizer! Silky, non greasy and wonderful lemon rose scent. Wonderful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by shanggulovexO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

update: i use cetaphil cream during the day now under a SS because i've switched my routine to include tazorac at night and panoxyl 10% BP foaming face wash during the day and nivea just doesn't provide enough moisture.

Years ago my aunt had offered me nivea creme as a moisturizer for my hands and i thought it was thick and hard to spread. I could never imagine putting something so thick on my face but after having read the reviews here on MUA about the wonderful moisture it provides without causing breakouts i had to try it. I started off with the small $1.00 tin in case i didnt like it but 3 tins and 1 tub later im in love. i go through rough times once in awhile(DRY, SCALY, and ULTRA SENSTIVE) and during this time nivea creme is literally the only thing other than water that can touch my face.

The product itself comes in a small tin or a large tub, either of which will last much longer than you would expect. It has a fresh lemon/cream (imo, i could be wrong) scent that is very light and if anything, pleasant. I warm just a small amount between my fingers before i put on my skin because it is a little difficult to spread. I use this product all over my face, even around my eyes with no sensitivity problems at all. The cream takes about a minute to absorb completely and leaves a nice, not shiny glow.

While i do love this product, i use it as a daytime moisturizer. I don't use any sun protection (spf) on my face (shame on me, i know) so i can't tell you how it would react in addition to one. However, alone or under makeup (m/u goes on smoothly over this) this is definitely my HG daytime moisturizer. I've tried using this at night but because of the conditions of my room and nighttime weather in my area i feel i need something that provides more moisture.

Anyway, i hope this helps. Sorry for the length.

EDIT: this works well during the winter too but i try to avoid BP during that time so it may not be moisturizing enough for some around that time but it is definitely perfect for summer! before using this i was using CeraVe Cream which was not as moisturizing and did not absorb into my skin and made it extremely difficult to apply liquid foundation over. Nivea is an even better night moisturizer than cerave cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nivea Creme moisturizer is REALLY good for dry skin. I just recently traveled to Germany and, for some reason, got extremely dry, flakey skin. Nivea products are pretty much sold everywhere there, so I decided to get a tin of this product. And it worked wonders. All of my dry skin is now gone from my face. However, I did not use it all over my face (just my dry spots) bc the creme is slightly heavy and it has a pretty strong floral almost perfume-like smell. This creme does not cause break outs or make my oily. So the only complaints I would have would be the packaging and the strong scent.