Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/20/2008 3:03:00 PM

I tried this because it was cheaper than Lancome Bi-facial, and it works okay, but it is a bit filmier and I just don't like it as much.

on 6/19/2008 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didnt like this at all! It's greasy, leaves a horrible residue, and i dont know if it's to do with the cotton wool pads im using (although i dont see why that should mater) because its so greasy, on me, it just seems to push the make up around my face instead of taking it off. so, when i try to remove my eye make up aswell, i ge a horrible black cloudy cheek effect.. and i end up just having to wash everything off, which isnt the desired effect. also.. i have very sensitive eyes, so when this went into my eyes it hurt a lot, and my eyes went very cloudy, i think that was due to the greasyness of the product. i really disliked this product and will be shopping around for a more gentle, less greasy one.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Removes eye makeup easily. Even waterproof and gel liners. However, it leaves a pretty bad film. Also, theres alot of compareable products for way cheaper.

on 6/14/2008 10:13:00 PM

How have I not reviewed this already? I've been using this for a few years, and I've been through at least 20 bottles. This is the only eye makeup remover I will use, I always have a few bottles handy and stock up when I can (during GWPs and sales). It takes off absolutely everything (and I wear a lot of eyeliner and mascara, I tightline and line my waterline every day). This is my HG of HGs. I've tried other brands but always always come back to this. Kind of pricey at $16.50 a bottle but definitely worth it!

on 6/12/2008 11:37:00 AM

It leaves an oily film after you've used it and it does take a lot of the product for it to get rid of all the makeup. My face is oily enough as is, so I really don't need the extra oil. I'll probably stick to Avon or use Clinique's other one which doesn't leave an oily film behind.

on 6/8/2008 2:50:00 PM

I think this is pretty awful - won't remove mascara or gel eye liner - takes a LOT of this product to even be able to remove basic powder eye shadow. Really drys my skin, and doesn't work at all. DS remover is much better.

Well, I thought I was going to hate the product because my friend Brandy said she didn't like it. Usually I trust her instinct. This time I was happy I chose to do it anyway. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. The thing she hated about it is what I don't mind. It does leave a oily finish after you've used the product. However, that doesn't bother me. It takes away the eye make up quicker and easier than others I've tried.

Mark's in LOVE! :D

on 6/7/2008 5:56:00 PM

I also first tried this product when I got it as a gift with purchase and since then I have loved it, this is my HG of makeup removers. It takes off everything even waterproof mascara effortlessly. I love the packaging, it comes in a purple bottle with a child proof cap that is great for traveling. It also hasn't irritated my eyes and I am a contact lens wearer. The only drawback is that it leaves a slight oily film wherever you use it and it is a bit pricey but I think it's worth it because it will last you a long time.

I had originally received a GWP size bottle of Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover in a Clinique GWP last year and liked it. I usually use eye makeup remover pads from Annabelle cosmetics, but I think Clinique's makeup remover does a better job. It melts and dissolves eye makeup very quickly. Take The Day Off Makeup Remover is a bit more oily than some other eye makeup removers but I guess it also helps to moisturize the eye area. At the beginning of this month, I bought the full sized bottle during a Clinique GWP event at Sears. I can see myself purchasing this again!

on 5/28/2008 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I suppose I am one of the few who is not at all impressed by TTDO. I have tried it in the past (at friends' houses), and never thought much of it. Then I recently got a mini bottle of it at a Clinique color workshop, and decided to use it when I ran out of my Neutrogena Oil-Free. After 4 soaked cotton balls, I was able to remove most but not all of my non-waterproof eyeliner and mascara. For the price and efficacy, it's not worth it to me. Lancome Bifacil, Merle Norman Dual Action, Neutrogena Oil-Free, and even Maybelline Oil-Free removed my makeup with less effort and less product than this did. I would use it again in a pinch, but not purchase it.