November 22, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I had originally received a GWP size bottle of Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover in a Clinique GWP last year and liked it. I usually use eye makeup remover pads from Annabelle cosmetics, but I think Clinique's makeup remover does a better job. It melts and dissolves eye makeup very quickly. Take The Day Off Makeup Remover is a bit more oily than some other eye makeup removers but I guess it also helps to moisturize the eye area. At the beginning of this month, I bought the full sized bottle during a Clinique GWP event at Sears. I can see myself purchasing this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I suppose I am one of the few who is not at all impressed by TTDO. I have tried it in the past (at friends' houses), and never thought much of it. Then I recently got a mini bottle of it at a Clinique color workshop, and decided to use it when I ran out of my Neutrogena Oil-Free. After 4 soaked cotton balls, I was able to remove most but not all of my non-waterproof eyeliner and mascara. For the price and efficacy, it's not worth it to me. Lancome Bifacil, Merle Norman Dual Action, Neutrogena Oil-Free, and even Maybelline Oil-Free removed my makeup with less effort and less product than this did. I would use it again in a pinch, but not purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

Sometimes I forget to review staples and that's a shame. Been using this makeup remover forever and it takes of everything! Yes, sometimes I stray and then I kick myself for trying other brands (whether it's because I'm sucked in by the fancy names/branding/packaging or I'm going for cheap drugstore products). Never again! My ultimate test for an eye makeup remover? The "Fix Mascara" from Clarins, this colorless overcoat that waterproofs so effin well (try it, no mascara is ever beyond my reach now with Fix!). THis little purple bottle of wonder removes Fix without tugging and definitely not irritating to my sensitive contact-wearing eyes. Love love love. :)

One gripe: I *HATE* the cap. Feels just like a chilidproof bottle cap. So very annoying to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sparklingpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my HG product for about almost 9 years! I've been using it since I've been in the 7th grade and it has taken everything off that I have put it through. If they ever think about discontinuing it, I don't know what I will do! My only gripe is that I wish it came in a bigger size because I sometimes go through it like water. : \

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by vandael

A must in my skin care regimen! It is a little pricey, in comparison to a $6 Almay or Neutrogena bottle, but completely worth it. It is not nearly as oily as many leading drugstore makeup removers... thank goodness, and it actually breaks down eye makeup remarkably fast. When I soak my cotton ball in a bit of this miracle worker and place it on my lashes for a minute, most of the product comes right off. No tugging or pulling... almost effortless. Most importantly, it does not sting! While it does come in that super cute Clinique packaging, I'm sure some of the retail cost could have been saved had that been slightly sacrificed. Luckily I scored mine at my local CCO for about $12.50 (?) Highly recommended product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by spooky2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I switched from Lancome's Bifacil to this product a few years ago because of price and this one dies a far better job,IMHO.Quickly removes even the most stubborn eye makeup and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Aries01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Bi-facil from Lancome and this has a similar feel to it. I find, however, that Take the Day off removes eye make-up much better and with no tugging. It's very good and I will definitely re-buy this product. It's a bit oily, but I like that it leaves my lids and lips soft and more importantly ALL my make-up is gone - even stubborn waterproof mascara. I bought the 125ml bottle a few days ago and it's $22 CAD but it will last a long way. It's well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by clueless2mu

I have been using this product for a few years and will continue to buy it. This is the only eye makeup remover I have tried...oops, lie. I purchased Sephora's eye makeup remover and IT SUCKS! This product(Clinique's) is gentle on the eye, does not burn nor dry the lids. It removes all my eye makeup. If I am wearing dark colors on the lids I usually clean it twice. I know people complain about it being oily but Clinique never lied about that part. You saturate your cotton ball not drown it with this product. I will continue to buy this product and would recommend it to others. Oh, my bottle usually last me months.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how this product works. It removes ANYTHING! And I mean ANYTHING! I got this as a gift from a friend, but when she told me the price, I was flabbergasted. WAY too expensive for the tiny bottle. And it does not last long at all. I also do not like the "child safety medicine" like top. It actually broke when I tried to twist it back on once. Had to move the liquid to another container. If you have money to spare, I do recommend it. It's actually amazing. Another +; No yucky smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SweetSugarBabe

What I Love: it removes waterproof makeups, liners, mascara, and all the other good stuff. it's pretty gentle on the eyes, and most importantly it doesnt have any weird smell to it like some of the other makeup removers out there (like my almay makeup remover, which smells terrible!!!)

What I Don't Like: its price!!!! retailed at $16.50 for a 4.2 fl oz. too pricey in my opinion, since this is my very first bottle, i dont really have a clue how long the whole bottle is going to last me. so if it lasts a long time, then i think it's worth the spurlge, otherwise it's just plain too expensive!