L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

3.0

Shimmering Conditioning Permanent Colour Gel: Aqua/Water, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Alcohol Denat., Glyceryl Lauryl Ether, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Ethanolamine, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Polyquarternium-6, Oleyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Ammonium Thiolactate, P-Phenylenediamine, Resorcinol, EDTA, Polyquarternium-24, Erythorbic Acid, M-Aminophenol, N,N-BIS(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, 2-Methylresorcinol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol HCl. Aromatic Shimmer Serum: Helianthus Annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance. Shimmer Boost Hydrating Conditioner: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Esters, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquarternium-37, PEG-150/Stearyl Alcohol/SMDI Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

After getting comments from my stylist tonight about my dried out hair and how she couldn't even get the shampoo through it I knew it was the haircolor (and not that my hair is long as I had been thinking!) I am fairly new to the haircolor process since my hair has really only turned from a light blonde (with golden highlights) to faded out blonde with darker roots in the last couple of years. I've tried several other products but was eager to try Feria for the "multi-tonal" highlights. Uh-uh! Nope I still got 1 allover color and completely DRIED OUT my once extremely healthy and manageable hair. Also, this is my second go round with Feria (b/c I thought it didn't quite "take" last time) but three weeks later I have NOTICEABLE roots and am thinking I will have to deal and let it all grow out just to get healthy hair back. Don't be fooled by Feria.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used Feria several times to color my hair and generally have had good luck with it. One thing I like about this line is they offer quite a few shades of red. My hair is naturally dark brown, and didn't get any brassiness or orangeness. Feria did result in a lot of color compliments for me. I agree with other posters that the mixture itself is drippy-especially with the power reds. I think that the lighter shades tend to look better- Cardinal yielded quite good results. However, I found that Cinnamon, Brilliant Bordeaux, and Ruby Fusion had an icky purple tone, and the color did not fade out well.
One other thing I do like about this line are the Power Reds. They yield good color that seems to last a little longer than regular Feria reds. However, these suck my hair completely dry. The "conditioning" shampoo provided has a really weird, tacky texture that is difficult to later and rinse out. Won't wreck or ravage your hair my ass-My hair literally squeaks when I'm through with it! Even after conditioning like mad, my hair feels like straw for a day or two after. Also, when using the power reds I experienced more scalp irritation than usual. Flaming Red is a better color- it produces a fiery, true, copper red. Not impressed with Ruby Rush though, it looks too purple and old lady-ish and does not fade out well. I used this last time I colored my hair, and after a week ARTec Orange Marigold Shampoo and John Frieda Radiant Red color glaze really added nice warmth once it started fading.

While I've had good luck with this in the past, I'm on the fence with using this again. I'm more tempted to go with Excellence after reading all of the favorable reviews, or keep using Colour Experte.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used this over the years in their violet, intense red and blue-black shades. I've always found their shades gorgeous.

the last time I used this, the texture of the "gel" was so watery I was in tears in the bathroom as I had so many stains down my face, neck, chest, etc, my eczema flared up because I got the dye on my forehead, etc.

the texture of this, especially the blue black, is extremely watery, but if you're careful and can get someone else to put this in for you, the AMAZING colour results are worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! Don't even THINK about buying this! It's awful! I used their bright black color and IT WAS NOT BLACK. My hair came out BLUE. And not even like black with a blue sheen.... it was just full-on BLUE. Not only that, it smelled awful, was damaging to my hair, and it came off on EVERYTHING. It was running every time I washed my hair for like a month. Nasty. Gross. Ick. NO WAY!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will never use this again. I used this to make my hair from dark blonde to a lighter blonde and my hair was orange. I had some highlights already in my hair from a while before and those were a copper color! I had to straight away to my hairdresser for her to save my hair. It left my thin, oily hair very dry and frizzy. This stuff smells bad and is messy. Just don't bother with this one!

I had to stop using Feria because of the damage it did to my hair.

I've coloured my long fine wavy hair with Feria for over a year. I used Caramel kiss #72 which is a dark iridescent blond. My hair is naturally dark brown and has always been very healthy and shiny even with 15 years of dyeing it.

I LOVE LOVE the color from Feria. I have never has so much compliment on how amazing my hair color is. Unfortunately, after a year, Feria has left my hair completely fried and feeling like straw. I wished I had stopped using it sooner because the damage is done and the damaged parts will just have to grow out. The damage gradually started to appear after 6-8 months but I was clueless to it.

I have since then tried several brand but in all honesty, I cannot find the perfect shade with the color vibrancy and shine that Feria has. On the other hand, other products do not damage my hair. Healthy hair trumps color.
I have stopped using Feria.

Don't like this product at all, runs off your head, very messy. Colour does not last, I use black and it came off for over a week, all over my towels, pillow cases etc. I have used other products and never had this problem. The colour faded within 2 weeks. Don't waste your money!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Well I think so for now...the 5 stars and re-purchase, although a re-purchase just might be another shade. Just did Expresso to match my natural roots color and blend with "apricot" over-colored and highlighted hair. I did not know what to expect. Read the reviews after the fact. ( Entertained myself while waiting for the 25 minutes to pass.) I did not get any of the intense drying, even while in the rinse stage. Upon towel drying and before the conditioning stage, it just did not feel as dry as some other boxed colors I've used. Of course, the conditioner it came with made it very silky and shiney. I have been using an organic shampoo and conditioner for the last year so maybe that helped. We'll see after a few days or weeks. One thing I'm a tad confused about is the number of reviews stating that this does not last well at all. That made me feel safe...just in case it was a disaster, I thought it would be gone soon so what the heck. Then I ran across a professional review who said that this stuff would NOT even bleach out. Time will tell. For a natural look I could not expect more and this is a very dark color on top of a blonde/gold/orangey mix of shades with a dark root stripe down the middle. Considering all the blonde/gold underneath I thought it might turn out a bit lighter than shown. It all looks even at this point but not flat and exactly as shown on the box. A dark coffee brown. Covered the yucky dull "apricot" amazingly well. Will update if any drastic changes in the above.

I haven't been overly thrilled with Feria as a whole product.
For years though i had dyed my hair Cardinal - a very bright red.
eventually my hair wouldn't take the colour any more.
so when i used another loreal product to dye it brown.
it turned black and the bottle had exploded in my trash can.
I had called the company and they refunded me,
and offered to pay for my hair to be fixed professionally!
so if you do have a problem, DO CALL THE HOTLINE.

ive never had any problems with dryness, mabe my hair
is just very resiliant. but the only complaint is from the
years i dyed my hair red - my hair seems to now have
a permenate red cast to it , that i cannot seem to get
rid of.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Would I buy this agin? No, No, NOOOO!!! I used this on virgin hair (naturally medium brown with lots of red highlights) to color some greys. I used French Roast and it turned my hair MAROON! I looked like a clown. And I was not lucky enough to have it fade in a few days. It stayed maroon for a week until I finally had to use a box of L'oreal Preference in a dark ash brown to cover it. Just awful, nasty stuff. Many thumbs down.