September 2, 2014 | 1837 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2006 5:15:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkie333

I think I got this is Midnight Black? It was the blue-black one on the comercial.
My hair didn't turn out great like the commercial, but it still looked pretty black.
But then my hair color faded within a week. And by week two, it was completely gone.
(I even used a L'Oreal shampoo+conditioner for colored hair too)
What's the point of calling this a permanent hair color?
Total crap. Will never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 2:56:00 AM More reviews by AsiaChick

I've used this in Starry Night, a bright black according to the box, twice now. The first time was well over a year ago when I was sick of my dull bleached hair and wanted it back to black again, but darker and shinier. My hair actually came out exactly like the model's hair on the box. But it completely faded within a week, only because my hair was bleached. And now over a week ago I dyed it this color again. At first it was dull, but now my hair has a little of the shine that you see on the box. Anyhow, it's better than another black dye I've used in the past that just left my hair dull matte. I've also used this in Underground Brown. I was shocked that it actually lifted my hair to the actual light brown on the box. It did say that it was especially made for those with dark hair. So far I think Feria is pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by littlem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i hadn't dyed my hair in YEARS but one day on an impulse, decided that now that my hair was all grown out into sexy long locks, i should do something to pop the color or something-- so i picked up Feria Midnight Ruby. Close to my own shade, but with a little sumfin' sumfin' to catch the eye. Fine. Worked well, was very satisfied with the results. Loved it, in fact. Until i realized what damage it had done to my normally extremely healthy hair!

my split ends are out of control! and i've been trimming, too!

i was noticing how the ends of my hair felt dry and strawlike again (i'd trimmed my hair about a week and a half ago), and i was like, "WTF" and started snapping individual hairs at different lengths-- NONE of the ones i tried had much stretch in them at all, and they all snapped really, really easily. even most of the way up the shaft. this is *unheard of* for me.

i'm fucking bummed. what have i done to my strong, elastic hair? i've grown it out after much frustration, only to feel like maybe i should chop it all off and start over again. thumbs way, way down.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tanzilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've coloured my hair with Feria a handful of times, and although the colour selection is fantastic, it leaves my hair feeling and looking like straw. It's a shame this product is so drying on my hair since Feria has the best colour selection out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Waterandfork

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I buy this product in Black Leather and it really is a great black, my favorite out of all the ones Ive tried so far. The part that kinda bugs me, is by the end of 4 weeks, my hair has brown/red/purple tint to it from past dyes, like it has faded even though it should be permanent, but it looks okay so I dont mind too much. Id definently recommend for someone looking for just a regular, dark black, not the soft or shiny type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nicksmommy03

I love this and I hate it!!! I tried Feria when it first came out years ago. It was in the Champagne Cocktail shade. Granted, I applied it wrong using the whole head method rather than root touch up like I should have (I was new at coloring at home and didn't think it'd matter, lol). I hated it then.

Well, now it's several years later and I have gradually gone much darker (I'm a natural dark blonde). I tried 100% from Garnier, and have used salon professional colors from Redeken and Goldwell, as well as Preference, and spent hundreds in salons. I can HONESTLY say that this gives you STUNNING color. I have used French Roast and also tried Espresso. It is silky, luxurious, and I just love this. For 9 bucks, it looks like I have spent hundreds in the salon again. I have shimmering, radiant color that is indeed multi-faceted. THOSE ARE THE PROS........

Now for the con--this euphoria from having GORGEOUS color that looks like you spent a fortune DOESN'T LAST more than 2 weeks and that is with washing it with color safe shampoos and conditioners (NOT everyday either). It just fades to a weird brassy shade.

The cons outweight the pros...Just buy some Colorsilk and add your own highlights and lowlights if you want to...otherwise you'll fry your hair using Feria every couple weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by mandicandi412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely horrible! Made my hair orange and dry! The colors look so beautiful on the package, but this stuff is honestly the worst at home hair color I've ever come across! DO NOT BUY!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by misskrizdin

I am surprised to hear the negative reviews for this line of haircolor. I have tried Espresso, Chocolate Cherry, Crushed Garnet, Brazilian Brown, and French Roast, and my hair has looked fabulous every time. The smell is incredibly strong, but it's permanent hair color... what do you expect? I have also had my hair colored professionally and I don't think the shine is even close to that of Feria. I have even had stylists compliment me on my hair color, only to be surprised that it was from a box. The conditioner, as most have already said, is the best, and I am excited to learn that it can be purchased separately at Sally Beauty Supply. I do find that with the warmer tones, especially the reds, I had to color my hair frequently, but I think that is due more to the fading nature of red than Feria itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

I used the Feria Hi-Lift Brown, and while it definitely lightened my dark, dark hair, it left reddish brassy tones in my hair, which I didn't want.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2006 3:26:00 AM More reviews by cognitrician

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh. I'm not covering gray--just trying to even out my own hair from roots to tip--and this did not accomplish that goal, though I followed directions to the letter. I also notice an orangish cast--almost a glow?--when the light hits it just the right way.I guess that's what's meant by a "warm" dark brown. In just two weeks the color faded anyway, despite my using a color-safe shampoo that served me well in the past.

Plus, the formula is just too runny and hard to manage if you're dying without a partner. Next time I'll try the Excellence cream that has positive reviews here.