April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by misskrizdin

I am surprised to hear the negative reviews for this line of haircolor. I have tried Espresso, Chocolate Cherry, Crushed Garnet, Brazilian Brown, and French Roast, and my hair has looked fabulous every time. The smell is incredibly strong, but it's permanent hair color... what do you expect? I have also had my hair colored professionally and I don't think the shine is even close to that of Feria. I have even had stylists compliment me on my hair color, only to be surprised that it was from a box. The conditioner, as most have already said, is the best, and I am excited to learn that it can be purchased separately at Sally Beauty Supply. I do find that with the warmer tones, especially the reds, I had to color my hair frequently, but I think that is due more to the fading nature of red than Feria itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

I used the Feria Hi-Lift Brown, and while it definitely lightened my dark, dark hair, it left reddish brassy tones in my hair, which I didn't want.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2006 3:26:00 AM More reviews by cognitrician

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh. I'm not covering gray--just trying to even out my own hair from roots to tip--and this did not accomplish that goal, though I followed directions to the letter. I also notice an orangish cast--almost a glow?--when the light hits it just the right way.I guess that's what's meant by a "warm" dark brown. In just two weeks the color faded anyway, despite my using a color-safe shampoo that served me well in the past.

Plus, the formula is just too runny and hard to manage if you're dying without a partner. Next time I'll try the Excellence cream that has positive reviews here.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2006 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Cazli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first time I tried this product. I have been colouring my hair for a number of years. I choose a dark brown shade - Espresso. My hair is normally a dark ash brown colour.

Problem #1

It does, give "multi-dimensional highlights" as opposed to a flat and boring colour. However, it did not give me the highlights I wanted, it made them orange/brassy looking!

The colour wasn't true to the picture displayed on the box. I left the colour on my hair for 30 minutes.

Problem #2

I found that the colour faded rather quickly as well (after 3 weeks hardly any colour is left in my hair).

Problem #3

This product dried my hair to a crisp! It took 4 treatments of deep conditioning to get it back to a somewhat healthy state.

I was very disappointed by my experience with Feria Haircolour. I will *NOT* purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by athensmomof3

A bit bewildered by all the negative comments! This is the first time I have tried any permanent color. I have been using semi permanent for years (I am 37 but about 35% grey - with a skunk streak which has never seen the light of day!) I was not getting the coverage I wanted with it and I wanted to turn my grey hair back to my original natural color. I was scared of going to the salon to have it colored - every time I have tried that my hair has turned ORANGE. Even with a new stylist, I was afraid.

I used Espresso, which was about my normal color. It DID stink - much more powerful smelling than semi-permanent color. I love the color, though. It looks super natural, no helmet head, lots of natural looking highlights. I will likely use sem-permanent next time in a medium brown to accent the highlights and to cover the new grey and see how that works. All in all, a good purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2006 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Angela75

Why did I buy this? Actually, the cosmetics girl at the counter in Shoppers Drug Mart recommended this dye to me, and in a moment of weakness, I got Crushed Garnet, a departure from my usual Garnier Nutrisse colour and formulation. It must have been the shiny box that bedazzled me into thinking this sludge must be quality hairdye. Ugh. Horrible stuff. The colour deposited on my roots in a very light copper auburn and on my ends, black. Black black. And I didn't do the full head application either. It was shiny for 1 day and now, 1 week later, dull, mismatched colour, uneven absorption of colour and dry dry dry. I look 10 years older and I don't look in the mirror anymore. I can tell by the way this colour took that I'll have to get a haircut immediately to take care of the fried ends and dye the roots perhaps multiple times with Garnier to even it out. What a terrible mistake. Don't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2006 2:23:00 AM More reviews by IvansMom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used two different colors - Brillian Bordeaux and Cardinal and loved them both. I loved the way the color looked and that there is enough product in the kit to dye all of my (not that long) hair. The only negative is that the color fades quickly, but that is the nature of faux red hair. Still, this was my favorite red hair dye.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 4:32:00 AM More reviews by melloly

this is a review for FERIA: FLASH BEIGE BROWN. My hair colour turned out just the way it wanted it. i had previously dyed my hair twice - both by a professional hairdresser and this was the first time i did it on my own at home. I left the hair dye in for about an hour actually....but the colour turned out fine. I think this may dry out some hair types so it might be wise to follow up with leave in conditioners and such, after dying your hair with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by SwtValina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's start with the pros. I love their assortment of brunette shades. I chose Espresso. It comes with a little perfume packet to make the dye smell better. The conditioner it comes with is Amazing. I dryed and styled my hair as usual and really liked the color that came out. My hair was fairly soft because of the nice conditioner they give. Now the cons, even with the added perfume, it was very strong and burned my eyes. Although it was soft the first day, the next day I washed it, it was very dry. As the days progressed, it kept getting dryer and more hair was coming out of my brush than usual. It took several deep conditioning treatments over a few weeks to get it back to normal. By then, the color had faded a lot so my hair looked rather dull. I would not buy Feria Haircolor again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

First off, I am Asian and have natural black hair - not jet black though, but actually more like dark brown and with reddish tones in it. It had been lightened a little to a brownish colour with a home-DIY hairdye about 6 months ago. Yesterday, I tried L'Oreal Feria in P13 Golden Flash Brown. I bought it because the picture on the box was of an Asian girl with beautiful dyed golden brown hair in the picture. Lo and behold, this stuff actually turned my hair a nasty light orange. LIGHT ORANGE!!! Feria seems to be a VERY STRONG dye which can actually dry hair out (apart from stripping your hair of its colour). My hair has become so dry since I've dyed it, and even though the conditioner supplied with the hair dye is excellent, it doesn't last for long. My hair gets so horribly tangled that the Colour Protect conditioner doesn't even detangle it well anymore.