L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

3.0

Shimmering Conditioning Permanent Colour Gel: Aqua/Water, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Alcohol Denat., Glyceryl Lauryl Ether, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Ethanolamine, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Polyquarternium-6, Oleyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Ammonium Thiolactate, P-Phenylenediamine, Resorcinol, EDTA, Polyquarternium-24, Erythorbic Acid, M-Aminophenol, N,N-BIS(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, 2-Methylresorcinol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol HCl. Aromatic Shimmer Serum: Helianthus Annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance. Shimmer Boost Hydrating Conditioner: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Esters, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquarternium-37, PEG-150/Stearyl Alcohol/SMDI Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

on 5/27/2006 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! Don't even THINK about buying this! It's awful! I used their bright black color and IT WAS NOT BLACK. My hair came out BLUE. And not even like black with a blue sheen.... it was just full-on BLUE. Not only that, it smelled awful, was damaging to my hair, and it came off on EVERYTHING. It was running every time I washed my hair for like a month. Nasty. Gross. Ick. NO WAY!

on 5/23/2006 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will never use this again. I used this to make my hair from dark blonde to a lighter blonde and my hair was orange. I had some highlights already in my hair from a while before and those were a copper color! I had to straight away to my hairdresser for her to save my hair. It left my thin, oily hair very dry and frizzy. This stuff smells bad and is messy. Just don't bother with this one!

on 5/13/2006 12:49:00 PM

I had to stop using Feria because of the damage it did to my hair.

I've coloured my long fine wavy hair with Feria for over a year. I used Caramel kiss #72 which is a dark iridescent blond. My hair is naturally dark brown and has always been very healthy and shiny even with 15 years of dyeing it.

I LOVE LOVE the color from Feria. I have never has so much compliment on how amazing my hair color is. Unfortunately, after a year, Feria has left my hair completely fried and feeling like straw. I wished I had stopped using it sooner because the damage is done and the damaged parts will just have to grow out. The damage gradually started to appear after 6-8 months but I was clueless to it.

I have since then tried several brand but in all honesty, I cannot find the perfect shade with the color vibrancy and shine that Feria has. On the other hand, other products do not damage my hair. Healthy hair trumps color.
I have stopped using Feria.

on 5/6/2006 10:33:00 PM

Don't like this product at all, runs off your head, very messy. Colour does not last, I use black and it came off for over a week, all over my towels, pillow cases etc. I have used other products and never had this problem. The colour faded within 2 weeks. Don't waste your money!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Well I think so for now...the 5 stars and re-purchase, although a re-purchase just might be another shade. Just did Expresso to match my natural roots color and blend with "apricot" over-colored and highlighted hair. I did not know what to expect. Read the reviews after the fact. ( Entertained myself while waiting for the 25 minutes to pass.) I did not get any of the intense drying, even while in the rinse stage. Upon towel drying and before the conditioning stage, it just did not feel as dry as some other boxed colors I've used. Of course, the conditioner it came with made it very silky and shiney. I have been using an organic shampoo and conditioner for the last year so maybe that helped. We'll see after a few days or weeks. One thing I'm a tad confused about is the number of reviews stating that this does not last well at all. That made me feel safe...just in case it was a disaster, I thought it would be gone soon so what the heck. Then I ran across a professional review who said that this stuff would NOT even bleach out. Time will tell. For a natural look I could not expect more and this is a very dark color on top of a blonde/gold/orangey mix of shades with a dark root stripe down the middle. Considering all the blonde/gold underneath I thought it might turn out a bit lighter than shown. It all looks even at this point but not flat and exactly as shown on the box. A dark coffee brown. Covered the yucky dull "apricot" amazingly well. Will update if any drastic changes in the above.

on 5/2/2006 12:30:00 AM

I haven't been overly thrilled with Feria as a whole product.
For years though i had dyed my hair Cardinal - a very bright red.
eventually my hair wouldn't take the colour any more.
so when i used another loreal product to dye it brown.
it turned black and the bottle had exploded in my trash can.
I had called the company and they refunded me,
and offered to pay for my hair to be fixed professionally!
so if you do have a problem, DO CALL THE HOTLINE.

ive never had any problems with dryness, mabe my hair
is just very resiliant. but the only complaint is from the
years i dyed my hair red - my hair seems to now have
a permenate red cast to it , that i cannot seem to get
rid of.

on 4/28/2006 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Would I buy this agin? No, No, NOOOO!!! I used this on virgin hair (naturally medium brown with lots of red highlights) to color some greys. I used French Roast and it turned my hair MAROON! I looked like a clown. And I was not lucky enough to have it fade in a few days. It stayed maroon for a week until I finally had to use a box of L'oreal Preference in a dark ash brown to cover it. Just awful, nasty stuff. Many thumbs down.

on 3/24/2006 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I colored my hair back in mid-February (successfully) with L'Oreal Colore Experte in Chocolate Macaroon. Already tried of the highlights, and after getting a new haircut 2 days ago, I decided to color last night with Feria in French Roast.

No problems at all except my scalp started to sting. It did stop by the time I finished applying the dye. My hair isn't dry, which seems to be a common complaint. Also not orange, or one dimensional, dull, flat, fake looking color.

I would definitely use it again.

I think I got this is Midnight Black? It was the blue-black one on the comercial.
My hair didn't turn out great like the commercial, but it still looked pretty black.
But then my hair color faded within a week. And by week two, it was completely gone.
(I even used a L'Oreal shampoo+conditioner for colored hair too)
What's the point of calling this a permanent hair color?
Total crap. Will never buy again.

on 3/16/2006 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've used this in Starry Night, a bright black according to the box, twice now. The first time was well over a year ago when I was sick of my dull bleached hair and wanted it back to black again, but darker and shinier. My hair actually came out exactly like the model's hair on the box. But it completely faded within a week, only because my hair was bleached. And now over a week ago I dyed it this color again. At first it was dull, but now my hair has a little of the shine that you see on the box. Anyhow, it's better than another black dye I've used in the past that just left my hair dull matte. I've also used this in Underground Brown. I was shocked that it actually lifted my hair to the actual light brown on the box. It did say that it was especially made for those with dark hair. So far I think Feria is pretty good.