Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

lil

on 7/29/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Edit 27th June 2012: don't use this anymore....I so regret the first version we had of this soap, when I was a teenager back in the late 80s/early 90s- the smell was heaven and the creaminess a dream-then the formula changed for cheaper ingredients-like many products these days- and it will never be the same again!

I love this soap, been using it for many many years, sometimes I try some other stuff as I can't help it! but always come back to Dove. I use it in the shower and also sometimes on my face (takes off foundation very well!), it doesn't dry out my skin. I must say that they changed the smell of this soap when they changed the packaging a couple of years ago, and I loved the old smell, it was much more gentle than the one now. I also found out that the Us classic Dove bar (white) has a different smell to the one we get here in Europe! it's much more empowering, that's strange it's not the same all over the world, don't know if anyone noticed that before...? In the Us you also get the Nutrium which I love but have to order as it's not sold in Europe... ah well, you can't really go wrong with this soap, it's quite nice really!
Update August 17th 2009: not using it on my face anymore, as it got me some little pimples, nothing dramatically horrible, but I just keep away from my face now, probably too sensitive to take soap on it... but still nice bar in the shower ;)

on 7/24/2009 3:48:00 PM

ugh.. I'm going against the grain here, but I hated this soap.
I think the sulfates in this soap clogged my pores, because I started to break out.
It just didn't make me feel very clean either. It's okay for the body though, hence the two lippies.
For the face, I've switched to all natural products. No more clogged pores!

on 7/24/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used the original, pink bar as long as I can remember; it was a staple in my home growing up.

I love the scent, but I think a lot of that has to do with the memories of my Mom that it brings back to me every single time I use it too.

I love that I can use it on my face and body. It's not drying, irritating or pore clogging in any way. My DH has excema on his hands and this is one of only two soaps that he is able to use to wash them. I especially love using this before shaving my legs.

on 7/24/2009 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's pretty similar to the go-fresh cucumber-y soap. But this...smells...bad. The "granny" smell bothers me a lot. Otherwise, my mom tried it too. She found that it irritated her sensitive skin, probably because of the perfume that's in it. Won't repurchase.

If you like this soap, you can buy it at Costco for cheap.

on 7/7/2009 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Love this soap! Its great because you can use it on your face and body if your in a rush or forgot your facewash or ran out. It doesnt leave your skin feeling sticky but feeling soft and silky. Yet it is on the expensive side of soap.

EDIT: It stopped working for me, something in the soap doesnt agree with my skin, it causes painful pimples, but i love it on my body, i wont purchase again.

on 6/29/2009 1:13:00 AM

This is the only soap that works well with my sensative skin, plus it's incredibly moisturizing. My bf compliments me constantly on how soft my skin is. I use the cucumber green tea scented soap or this one. I have used it for years and will continue to purchase it.

on 6/27/2009 3:43:00 AM

I am actually dependent on this product,if i wash my hands with anything else my skin will get all dry and grungy,which i think is a response to all the stuff in usual soaps...but this is the only one that doesn't so i guess i'll be using it for the rest of my life.

on 6/18/2009 7:51:00 PM

I liked this for my body but it really dried my skin on my face out and thats what I had bought it for. It wasnt like I went broke buying this but I use shower gel for my body. It smelled great but unfortunaly dried my face out.

on 6/10/2009 10:13:00 PM

I have been using this soap since I was little. I use this to wash my face every morning, and I see my skin showing improvement. I have strayed and have tried fancier facial cleansers, but none of them do a better job than Dove. I have also tried the cucumber, beach and grapefruit scents of Dove and I like them all. After washing my face, my skin doesn't feel tight, just clean. Great soap!

HG soap!! I love this stuff! I get SOOO many compliments on how soft my skin is and I have this to thank!! It is so moisturizing and its not chockful-o'-chemicals or anything...I put this on underneath my shavegel and it really makes my razor glide!! I also wash some of this soap in between my hands and gently rub my closed eyes with it, keeping my eye area soft and youthful looking....LOVE LOVE LOVE this soap and cant' get enough of it! I buy it from Sam's club...
UPDATE years later: Still adore this bar, and after using the Dove Sensitive Skin bar for a few years, I have come back to this and my skin is finally no longer dry but rather smooth and soft!! I don't know what is in the sensitive bar that makes it less soothing, but this original beauty bar will remain my staple, so I'm so glad I rediscovered its amazingness again!